• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Smash Ace
Because I neglected to mention this poignant point of interest, if you cannot afford a particular character's costume, one will be appointed to you.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Shout-outs in no particular order:

Prog - <3<3<3 So glad we finally got to meet man. Your falcon is far more flashy than mine will ever be. <3<3<3 ATTENTION EVERYONE: PROG IS THE HOMIE.

DuckPimp - Same for you man, I'm glad we got those friendlies in. Keep it up play as many good people as you can, its the only way to get better with falcon.

Neko - <3 <3 Good to meet you, wish we could've played more.

Chred - You are goofy as **** my man. respect.

Thumbs - I say god damn. You are legit as ****. ATTN MELEE COMMUNITY: THUMBS IS THE GG7 OF THE EAST COAST.

Daniel - Good work in teams, we did bad but it was still fun. You're going to SMYM 12 right?

Pr0ject - <3 <3 <3 You're cool as ****. I knew you were a good dude from SWF, but I had no idea you would be as cool as you are man! <3<3

DeeZNutZ - Good to see you again man, MM @ SMYM 12.

ChivalRuse - <3<3<3 hearts!!! Joe my man! What do I even say other than I wish we could hang out more than once every 2 years! <3 <3 <3 CHIVALJOEEEEEEEEE <3

MacD - Like you said very respectable loses. you lost to 2 people who made top 5, you performed very well! Glad to see you again!

Col bol - You are infact too good. I'm glad I got to meet you. Keep at it man, you'll break through and **** millions of peoples minds.

Linguini - Rough round 3 pools, youre ****in great to my man.

Hbox - Heroic performance considering how sick you were. Not many people saw it, but I saw the guy sittin in the corner in the bathroom looking like he was gonna DIE like 30 minutes before brackets.

Scar - BOBBY <3 <3 <3 You are too much fun Scar. I'm sad we didn't play more, but I'll give you closer matches @ Genesis 2.

Oscar Love - You're just as big a badass as I remember. We'll definitely get that MM @ Genesis 2. I didn't actually play that much at all and sadly didn't play you at all :(:(:(

Mang0 - *belly poke* <3 <3 <3 I never actually saw you play live this time, i wanna learn about falcon from you. <3 <3 <3

s2j - People dont understand how good this guy is. I have full confidence in say this: s2j would tap given a second shot @ amsah. Rough bracket was rough. <3 <3 <3 <3 Johnny!

Hax - My man. You know I got nothing but love for you. Best Falcon Main right here folks. You don't make money at every national with a mediocre character if you aren't the mother ****ing ****. <3

Vro - <3 Man. I wish I didn't live 6 hours away from you. Always glad to meet a fellow falcon main, but its more than that my ***** vro! heart!

Dart - R3 Pools @ first OoR tourney, and its a mother ****ing national?! This guy will be a force to be reckoned with for every player from any region soon. Kels has said it more than once and its true: Dart will be the best player in the MW.

To everyone I didn't mention but met/played friendlies with:

I am sincerely glad to have met you. It's always nice to put faces to name. <3 Melee <3 You All.

Special Shout-out to Yayuhz for the pokemon theme song chant.

Special Shout-outs to the Scar/Hax/s2j for helping me learn alot about falcon and my game.

Mediocre shout-out to myself for starting the "time him out chant" during Armada vs Hbox.

my shout-outs are the last post on the last page. :( :( :( XD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
am bracket

1: Laijin ($192.00)
2: Ministry ($96.00)
3: SilentSwag ($32.00)
4: Pr0ject
5: theangrycar
5: Acidile
7: ChivalRuse
7: action *******
9: Blindghost
9: Sange
9: Bl@ck Chris
9: BigWenz
13: Smith
13: reggie
13: GIMR
13: Crimson Blur
17: CashFlow
17: shadowhero
17: SypherPhoenix
17: KrnRed225
17: godsFLACO
17: Dobs
17: Vino
17: Reneblade
25: Django Zephyr
25: No Ca$5
25: Flow
25: MooseEatsBear
25: SUPERBOXMAN
25: Basket of Seals
25: Carroll
25: Ocean

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Sickkkkkk tournament, thanks to plank for securing one of the best venues i've ever seen.

If you were in room 517 at any point; such good times! hahahahaha

Shouts to all the roomies and everyone I got crunk with. Best moment of the tournament was in the NC room, drunk arm wrestling +hype rock paper scissors

FUH DA BIEEEEEE!!!

Sadly, this is probably my last OOS tourney. Don't have time to put in the dedication to be a high-caliber player anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll still play once in a while though.

Smash community is the ****, and I hope melee lives on!

HOLLA
Room 517 was the business if that was where we were Monday before you guys flew out. Pretty sure anywhere you, Alex and Eli are would have been dope though. Sad I missed you in the NC room, I bet that was hilarious.

And I hear you, son. Do what you gotta do but you know you'll be missed. Sad I only got to hang out with you for the first time at TO6.

PS: Nobody actually quits Melee, see you at Genesis. <3

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
btw thanks for everyone for an amazing experience. I will see you all at the Apex Qualifiers and Apex itself!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just one more thing, I don't think making fun about how I speak english will add any relevant information in this argument. Anyway, do as u wish.
Why would we stoop to such things? Childish or not, we don't care. It was to support pp. If you didn't care about it, why are you still arguing about it with us?

Eh.

I understand what you mean and I completely agree that this is the nature of competitive events. We, the home spectators, will always and audibly cheer for our champion in whatever fashion.

I guess it is simply my personal frustration at spectators being loud when silence would probably be best for the player's state of mind. I know I've been frustrated with my fair share of background noise during a tournament match.

Definitely seemed like it was a blast, though.
Yes, that is true. It might be best. but sometimes one would wonder if they called out their name, that they'd possibly try that much harder because we are rooting for them? Talk about pressure.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
shoutouts to dr.pp for looking like harry potter
LMAO wingardium leviosa baby

At Genesis we are going to require each and every participant to cos-play as the character they intend to enter in each tournament event. The two combatants will then roleplay-fight while in their respective costumes, and that is how the winner of each set will be determined. Counterpick stages will be allowed of course, but due to obvious restrictions there will be few stages to pick from. FD will be atop a nearby table, Green Greens will be in the grass outside the venue, and Mute City will be in the street which runs parallel to the venue.

Just want to give everyone a heads-up so you can begin sewing your *cough* battle armor *cough* early.

-King Out
Do I get real lasers in my gun

Wow what an amazing tournament! Shoutouts to all!

It was good seeing all of you awesome people again and i hope to make another big tourney soon. Catfish coming for #1 in teams next time :cool:
CATFISH COMIN FOR YOU BITS NEXT TIME

@Linguini: =(((((( Now I'll never perfectly master the Ganon matchup(unless I go to FL)! =( You're a great player and guy, good luck with everything man.

Those of you who messed up: it'll be alright <3

Shoutouts still on the way later lol

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Great tournament- shoutouts to come soon.

I'm still salty about plank's ruling about my 3rd round pool results, but whats done is done I suppose.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well, I'll be eating tacobell exclusively at Genesis. Must ready my explosion butt.

On a side note...

THERE SURE IS A LOTTA BLACK SMASHERS AT POUND 5.
Yea 4 Real. I just assumed every smasher was white LMAO.

Hella *****s in the literal sense was at pound. sooo ****!!

In n Out is the place to be tho, I fux wit Taco Bell too often out in the Wash.

HugS™

Smash Lord
johnyontheguitar 7:02 pm
did you sing to that gay *** pokemon ****?

Joseph Marquez 7:03 pm
i want you
to look me in my eyes
and ask me if i sang

johnyontheguitar 7:03 pm
LOOOOOOOL

Joseph Marquez 7:03 pm
that gay *** pokemon ****

johnyontheguitar 7:03 pm
alright good
just wanted to make sure socal was with me

Joseph Marquez 7:04 pm