• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V- Discussion, Donations, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Humans are capable of everything after all, why wouldn't you do something for your own benefit right?? Regardless of the consequences... The mindset of the Self-Love people, **** that ****... I mean for example those guys that work as presidents or in multi-national corporations.. they don't give a **** about you, all they care is about themselves.
uh huh. Cause everyone is like that right?

Zone

Smash Champion
nah I think Bad outnumber the good lol. I believe that just a lot of bad people disguise themselves as good people.

For example, My company has left vending machines unlocked about 17 times in the past 2 years. How many times do you think No one stole the money out of it? once. And to top it all off. 13 of those were employee(Break Room) vending machines. Meaning... only employees had access. The same employees us delivery guys talk to everyday about random things while we work their machine.

Maybe Canada people are nicer :D and Florida panhandle people are douchebags.

idea

Smash Master
it's tricky to talk about cause everyone is part good and part bad and usually not everyone is going to define where they draw the line between bad and good before discussing such things.

as for whether there are more good people or bad...give me the data for everything everyone has done and thought in the last 100 years and i'll get back to you.

Gea

Smash Master
Says almost every philosopher ever? The best you can hope for are innate evils; acts that all of society can generally agree on as evil, such as murder and theft. Then you get into motive which complicates things...

That's irrelevant to the real world, and evading the issue here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It seems unlikely we will ever hear the real financials of Pound. Sad.
This is why I don't think lawsuits are a bad idea exactly.

The numbers the public has doesn't add up.

Plank refuses to give us the real financials.

No one was paid so.....

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nah, it's more to do with "numbers"

"has" is associated with public
"doesn't" would modify "numbers" if it were singular...but "numbers" is plural, hence "don't". This works because if you take out "the public has", then the sentence becomes "The numbers doesn't add up"...whereas if you take out all the stuff that modifies "numbers" you're left with "The public has..." a fine clause provided you have something that makes sense afterwards.

Numbers is a plural group, "The numbers the public has don't add up."

</scar> :bee:
</scar squared> :bee:

GOTM

Smash Champion
Nah, it's more to do with "numbers"

"has" is associated with public
"doesn't" would modify "numbers" if it were singular...but "numbers" is plural, hence "don't". This works because if you take out "the public has", then the sentence becomes "The numbers doesn't add up"...whereas if you take out all the stuff that modifies "numbers" you're left with "The public has..." a fine clause provided you have something that makes sense afterwards.

</scar squared> :bee:
Actually I meant to say public, my BAD!!! lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Says almost every philosopher ever? The best you can hope for are innate evils; acts that all of society can generally agree on as evil, such as murder and theft. Then you get into motive which complicates things...

That's irrelevant to the real world, and evading the issue here.
I don't want to start a huge debate that changes the flow of the thread but I have a few questions.

Would you say that just because a society as a whole agrees on something does that make it true?

Also, if good and bad are subjective wouldn't that mean truth is subjective?

GOTM

Smash Champion
How can truth ever be subjective. Something happened, or it didn't. There is no other way to take it.

Good/Bad and Truth are not related in that sense whatsoever.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Talk about Pound? What's there to add really?

To me instead of Good/Bad, I would much rather see it as Self-love/loving others. That way everything makes much more sense.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
So instead of de-railing this thread I've decided to not respond to the side tracked conversation anymore

Divinokage

Smash Legend
im sorry but that's a ridiculously narrow mindset. I couldn't disagree more.
Really? Then if I'm a warrior at the moment, I'm pretty sure it's not because of all the things I've said but in reality it's because of all the things I've done in this life. Words mean nothing in this regard. If you talk **** all the time then youll be a ****talker thats all there is to it.

Edit: And of course it's a narrow mindset, that's how I work, actions speak for themselves. (Warrior) Actually it might not be necessarily true for everyone because different minds think differently. My perspective on this is what I think is right and I will DO things to acquire something I want... Nothing can be done if you just talk BS but thats only as far as perspective goes at best I think. Same thing with you are what you eat, if you eat junk and drink beer then youll most likely be fat and unhealthy. It's an action again.

So ya even if this is slightly off-topic, it's still relevant because I mean no words will fix an actual problem. Words to me only help to show possibilities.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
The reason good and bad are subjective is if I ask you to justify it you need subjective statements. Simple as that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Preventative measure: don't let humongous nationals be run one person.
Heh that makes me remember Pound 3..

Edit: Well I'm sure the more we advance, the more things we learn and hopefully the same mistakes don't happen again. However, that doesn't stop anyone from doing the wrong things. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom