• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V- Discussion, Donations, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Plank can single-handedly change the lasting legacy of this tournament by coming out with the facts about Pound 5's financial situation. Is it capable of being remembered as a brutal, but necessary wake-up call about the business side of Smash that produces better-organized nationals by national TOs? Or will it be remembered as one of the most disastrous events in Smash history further tainted by a dirty fallout and mysterious lack of financial data?

No matter how much he's done for the Smash scene in the past, Plank is guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of the community on this issue. And honestly, he might just deserve that after such a poor planning effort for Pound V. We need the facts. Come on Plank, do the right thing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Preventative measure: don't let humongous nationals be run one person.
Honestly, this is important generally. The smash community is being oversaturated with nationals at this point and it's causing issues. Having people sack individual nationals for running them together would help a lot.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Um no, its innocent until proven guilty. Otherwise Im guilty and so are you. Of what? of everything.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol you make it sound like the actual tournament was bad.......did everyone forget the pokemon song!?!?!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Honestly, this is important generally. The smash community is being oversaturated with nationals at this point and it's causing issues. Having people sack individual nationals for running them together would help a lot.
I don't know about Brawl but melee only has 2-3 nationals a year. I hardly consider that overstauration.
lol you make it sound like the actual tournament was bad.......did everyone forget the pokemon song!?!?!
<--------------------
:embarrass:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Um no, its innocent until proven guilty. Otherwise Im guilty and so are you. Of what? of everything.
Umm...I think you are getting mixed up. You see, he is already guilty of not paying prizes-a travesty. Hence he needs to prove himself or else he is basically guilty in the publics eyes. This is some very shady stuff going on.

If it were me and my hands were clean I would simply post the financials like what happened with OC3 and IIRC what happened with FC3 (archives for that tournament and anything pre-2007 have been deleted unfortunately). Those TO's were accused of the same thing and eventually came out with an itemized list of expenses that totaled more than their incoming finance (and more importantly, they did pay thousands in prizes, people were just unhappy because the prizes were lower than expected).

15-30 minutes of work would clear his name of any wrong doing beyond poor planning.

Zone

Smash Champion
Kage we think alike sometimes :D

Money is meaningless to me as long as i have the bare minimum essentials, that's why I give free rides with no gas charge. And I even once held a free entry Melee tournament, with 100bucks of my own cash as prize money so the newbies wouldn't be intimidated to play.

If I won the lottery, Believe me when I say I will be the most ungreedy man in the world with that money. It will be to help spread happiness to it's max potential.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I was upset and disputed my payment to him after I found out I was not getting my winnings, then all this effort he was going to make to get the money from hosting and stuff surfaced and I pretty much dropped the situation. But the other day I was refunded 63 dollars from the dispute. 99% of the time you need to submit proof and it takes weeks to get your money back from this kind of situation and I did not submit anything. There must be something up with him doing some kind of fraudulent stuff idk or else I wouldn't of randomly won the dispute. To be honest im glad I got this since plank went MIA when we started demanding answers and hes been active in other threads.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
People need to step up the donations. I just sent in the $20 Talwind and I raised at our tournament Time of Smashing 2 from this past weekend, which puts this to about $135 out of a hopeful total of $9,500 <_<

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Has anyone spoken to Plank since we began demanding some financial data?

Because, you know, usually when you're a suspect of something you'd try to get the heat taken off of you.

Even a reassuring post of "Guys I'm trying to collect all the numbers so I can give a detailed account" would help.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I know this isnt a nice thing to say but im pretty realistic about these things

Tournaments are a form of gambling/sport. The TO indirectly signs a contract with the community saying they have to pay out the money which the players put in the tournament pot, that is not the TO's to touch at all since it's not his money. The only money plank could've used was the venue fee. However in this case he has and broke the contract >_>

Even if he did/didn't steal the money, it doesn't matter because you guys have not been paid what you signed up for. So please understand that you guys shouldn't be being nice saying "oh he had to use the tournament money because of the huge apparent bills/fines he had to pay". That's completely his fault, and he doesn't have to use everyone money that's not legally his to pay for it

Legally you can file a lawsuit to claim this money, but its up to you how serious you are about it

No offense plank but this isn't me hating on you, I'm jut being honest. Even if you provided financial details it wouldn't make a difference since you have done the wrong.

You clearly didnt plan this properly if you ended up with such ****ty apparent fines/bills but apparently someone elses calculations according to what you say don't add up either. I've been browsing though your posts and you've been avoiding every single question regarding financial data. So where is that spare close to $4,000 if you haven't even proved where it's gone?

I understand its horrid with such a huge debt, but who's to blame at the end of the day? So you ended up using the money which wasnt yours rightfully to use it..it would only be fair if everyone agreed that it was ok since it's not your money.

Any of you guys who are just too nice for your own good need to grow up and get some balls, and seeming so its only the people who aren't in the situations others are in. Throw all the "respect" out of the window, this is "money" we're talking about and its a huge matter

the only 2 options are being really harsh and taking it further, or just letting it go since its a ridiculous debt that plank would have to suffer with (apparently, but the figures don't show that so far)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
has further legal action been taken? anyone go to small claims? I believe they should...

over $9,000 <_<

maybe if we got answers there would be no need to, but look at the situation

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
The jig's up IMO. If he had any sort of justification for the amount of money that is unaccounted for, he would've posted it already. It's been like 3 weeks now since people started asking for the numbers... There's absolutely no reason at all to not post something that would clear you of guilt, so the only logical reason for him not posting anything so far is simply that he has no evidence to prove otherwise and is simply ignoring you all.

Just my 2cents

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So by Pound V Prevention, do you guys mean like time traveling?

Hax

Smash Champion
is it gonna take you guys another year to realize plank stole the money?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
are you guys that blind? All of you are blind to what is really happening.

-Plank is a bad person, I have shown this with my examples of him in the past, which many of you chose not to read.
-Plank said this would be his TO finale... wonder why...
-PLANK NEVER SAID HE WOULD PAYOUT ANYONE IN THE THREAD. Plank then brought that up in an attempt to defend his selfishness
-Plank is greedy and selfish
-Plank is not responding to any of the money issues at all when concrete facts are held against him

you guys need to stop being so optomistic and START BEING REALISTIC. Look at reality. This is how some people are. He probably planned it from the very beginning as a get rich quick scheme.

All the facts point to that being the most likely case, by FAR. In the very small chance that that is not the case (VERY very small chance), it STILL doesn't excuse him for what he's done.

Most all of you are incredibly stupid for not seeing the reality here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom