• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Brawl Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
People "expected" him to let Doom get into brackets. It really irks me how people can shrug stuff off like this.
if i had the power to decide if i could let my friend out of pools, or someone i dont know, which do you believe i would do

if you were in a similar situation as ADHD, and you had to throw a set for your friend to get in, and if you didnt, randomikeguy got into pools instead, what would YOU do?

Trent

Smash Champion
I would play to the best of my abilities and not be a douche bag. If my friend wanted to get in so bad, maybe he should have played better?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I would play to the best of my abilities and not be a douche bag. If my friend wanted to get in so bad, maybe he should have played better?
youd rather be a douche bag to your friend than to randomeikeguy?

lol ok, stay free...of many friends

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Trent the only reason you are even in here is because D1AOS is a sonic main...if he was ANYTHING ELSE

you wouldn't even care

get the hell outta here with that "not be a douche" S**t

Edit: also its not like either of them nigahz woulda won money anyway.

Trent

Smash Champion
Fine. I'm gone. Apparently this incident is so common place that it's become acceptable to multiple people. Shame on you all.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
guys I don't even know what you're talking about

I 3-stocked ADHD games 1 and 3

he can't handle my Samus on Brinstar

:troll:

haters gonna hate

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wow guys, he isn't talking about the last life boat off the Titantic or something. This is supposed to be a competition. You aren't supposed to make it any further if you don't have the skill. Maybe next time you can have popularity contest as an official side event.

Max Ketchum

Summary: Everyone is a little too mad for no reason. They're his matches, he can do what he wants with them so long as it isn't violating a rule. I feel bad for doing it and will apologize to D1AOS next time I see him, but in the end, we're both getting the same amount of sleep at night.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
no one said its "exceptable" even adhd apologized about it but you bringing back up for no reason at all other then to support your sonic buddy is ********...it happened...nothing good came of it for doom or D1aos except a slightly higher placing...the tournament is over and everyone still had a good time.

and you didn't even go....which makes it even more annyoing for you to bring it back up

Tagxy

Smash Lord
lol, at least this explains how Doom made it into bracket. Everyone kept wondering cause all we heard about was how everybody and their sister beat him.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I mean if D1AOS were able to 2-0 everyone in the pool this subject wouldn't be brought up.

If he can't **** his pool don't be mad if he can't make it out.

That's why Poltergust made it out.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
guys I don't even know what you're talking about

I 3-stocked ADHD games 1 and 3

he can't handle my Samus on Brinstar

:troll:

haters gonna hate
best post

i dunno. They're your boy and they can continue playing in the tournament that they paid so much money for, and you have the power to help them by letting them win. All the while, this takes no effort on your part. Or you could **** your friend over and let randomikeguy into the pool. Its like if your best friend would get a million dollars if all you did was nod your head.

and you cant say that about brawl pools as in theyre not supposed to advance or not. This is a game of matchups and hard counterpicks. Someone can have a ****ty pool based on their mental blocks/character matchups because of bad luck (like a Fox with 4 Pikachus and a Falco), but when they get out of the bracket, they get decent/favorable matchups and kick everyone's face in cause they arent completely ****ed by the characters theyre going against.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Moral of the story? MK mains find more ways to get that free win. :awesome:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Dooms too pretty not to have made the bracket, silly queers. ADHD knows the way to them pants.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
all I know is that me and san were in the same doubles pool as pikapika, and we all drove down together.

pikapika got out of pools, but if he had the chance to sand bag and let us get out of pools too, he wouldnt have. because were im from you do more of a service to your friends by going full force on them and helping them to get better than you do, by sandbagging and coddling them to a higher placing.

Max Ketchum

WOW

Doom u are bad

and thats coming from FreeA

EDIT: cant lie tho. i woulda done the same thing
Pretty sure you and Vex are the only ones in your free state who'd beat me. I'll solo crew battle the PA top 5, 3 stocks each vs. my 15 :troll:

lol, at least this explains how Doom made it into bracket. Everyone kept wondering cause all we heard about was how everybody and their sister beat him.
Moral of the story? MK mains find more ways to get that free win. :awesome:
MM $50 each please :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all I know is that me and san were in the same doubles pool as pikapika, and we all drove down together.

pikapika got out of pools, but if he had the chance to sand bag and let us get out of pools too, he wouldnt have. because were im from you do more of a service to your friends by going full force on them and helping them to get better than you do, by sandbagging and coddling them to a higher placing.
when a tourney costs multiples of hundreds of dollars to go to, im gonna coddle my friend all i want

i can go hard body on him at home, when its free/relatively cheap.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you and Vex are the only ones in your free state who'd beat me. I'll solo crew battle the PA top 5, 3 stocks each vs. my 15 :troll:

MM $50 each please :D
Maybe we can be friends?

And you can let me win?

Max Ketchum

Sounds good, we'll split the $50 and then I'll have another salty Sonic main to buy compensatory chili dogs for.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
best post

i dunno. They're your boy and they can continue playing in the tournament that they paid so much money for, and you have the power to help them by letting them win. All the while, this takes no effort on your part. Or you could **** your friend over and let randomikeguy into the pool. Its like if your best friend would get a million dollars if all you did was nod your head.

and you cant say that about brawl pools as in theyre not supposed to advance or not. This is a game of matchups and hard counterpicks. Someone can have a ****ty pool based on their mental blocks/character matchups because of bad luck (like a Fox with 4 Pikachus and a Falco), but when they get out of the bracket, they get decent/favorable matchups and kick everyone's face in cause they arent completely ****ed by the characters theyre going against.
No charcter johns. My pool was 2 snakes, the highest placing tl, a lucario and a mk. I got 2nd seed very nearly 1st(3rd game last stock high % vs razer).

Just play your best, dont focus on your friends when you are still in the tournament.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Anti, Fatal its very easy as top players to just tell everyone to go be the best so they don't have to worry about it. The fact of the matter is that D1oas is better than Doom and Doom should have just entered the AM bracket if he wanted another shot instead of screwing over the better player.

You all can justify it however you want, but its not competitive to let other people win. Even if you feel its right in other ways.

Coney

Smash Master
how is it ****ing over your friend if they're not good enough to get into bracket?

i'm with the sonics on this one, friend or not, you're PAYING to be in a competition. you COMPETE. if you're not good enough, you're OUT. if it's a friend of mine, um, get better. DO better. people don't spend $50 to come to pound and not make in into bracket because of friendships, they want to not make it into bracket because they're not GOOD enough to make it into bracket.

i don't even care about the "competitive" part of it, it's just about not babying someone just because they're yo' dawg, bro. they gotta try just as hard as the rest of us. i like doom a lot and i sincerely hope he wasn't really pushing for it, ****ing over someone like that

also: to the whole "this happens all the time so it's okay"

really?

really?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I blame the TOs. ADHD should have gotten kicked out of this just like he got kicked out of MLG. People are going to abuse whatever you let them get away with.

Jayford

Smash Lord
lmao everyone supporting ADHD is so ****ing dumb. YOU ARE IN A COMPETITION PLAYING TO GET 1ST PLACE. The guy that didn't make it out because ADHD threw matches wasn't in a level playing field. Everyone saying well hurfderf he should have won ALL of his matches. Doom or whoever didn't make it SHOULD HAVE WON ALL OF HIS MATCHES. JESUS CHIRST BRAWL PLAYERS ARE SO ****ING DUMB. This is why you guys have a **** community. YOU ARE LITERALLY PROMOTING CHEATING. READING THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME SO PISSED OFF.

Max Ketchum

The fact of the matter is that D1oas is better than Doom
wait what

LOL

Beating somebody =/= being better than them.

Also, anybody saying ADHD should be banned or suffer some kind of penalty is clearly not thinking straight--this was not against the rules like it was at MLG, and the only reason this is getting so much attention is because of the previous incident involving him.

Edit: Probably will be going to Genesis. Good thing I have you to pay for 1/6 of my plane ticket now! :D

lmfao @ everyone thinking I'm bad because of some silly nonsense this weekend, btw.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Watch out, ADHD might kick you in the nuts or unplug your controller to "help his friend not waste 50 dollars and a plane ticket".

TP

Smash Master
Its like if your best friend would get a million dollars if all you did was nod your head.
Am I the only one who noticed exactly how awful this analogy was? This analogy was like paying for a $1,000 hooker and getting a $20 hooker instead.

Gnes

Smash Master
lmao everyone supporting ADHD is so ****ing dumb. YOU ARE IN A COMPETITION PLAYING TO GET 1ST PLACE. The guy that didn't make it out because ADHD threw matches wasn't in a level playing field. Everyone saying well hurfderf he should have won ALL of his matches. Doom or whoever didn't make it SHOULD HAVE WON ALL OF HIS MATCHES. JESUS CHIRST BRAWL PLAYERS ARE SO ****ING DUMB. This is why you guys have a **** community. YOU ARE LITERALLY PROMOTING CHEATING. READING THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME SO PISSED OFF.
Your free to get angry and speak your opinion, but please don't ****ing generalize the community based off of a few people.

Not everyone thinks like they do

Tesh

Smash Hero
wait what

LOL

Also, anybody saying ADHD should be banned or suffer some kind of penalty is clearly not thinking straight--this was not against the rules like it was at MLG, and the only reason this is getting so much attention is because of the previous incident involving him.
Had you not cheated, his record would have been better than yours and he would have advanced. And you main MK. I'm just gonna call him better than you until you can outplace him without "the power of friendship".

Jayford

Smash Lord
wait what

LOL

Edit: Probably will be going to Genesis. Good thing I have you to pay for 1/6 of my plane ticket now! :D

lmfao @ everyone thinking I'm bad because of some silly nonsense this weekend, btw.
You literally rigged a pool so you could make it to bracket lmfao. Like what part of that can't you see.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Am I the only one who noticed exactly how awful this analogy was? This analogy was like paying for a $1,000 hooker and getting a $20 hooker instead.
you paid for my anology? wheres my money

and either way you got a hooker :troll:

doom i dont think you are bad, but i do agree with you for one thing: haters gonna hate

Life

Smash Hero
ADHD already apologized guys. Cool it just a tad, k? (Even though I'm with my fellow Sonics on the issue.)

ADHD, if you're reading this, just play to win k? I hate to bring up Dallas again, but this is the second time your name has been on bracket scandals--we don't need this as a community. Nothing personal, just asking.

Doom, I'll let everyone else lecture ya.

And EVERYBODY... this is why we can't have nice things. No, seriously. Stop screwing with brackets, and stop flaming each other for screwing with brackets (try a calm admonishment), and the community will be a better place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom