• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Brawl Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tv for greatest **** troll in history

This sucks though man. Logic has best idea about payouts for nationals. Make sure to be open about payouts and what special things need to happen, if anything, for the payouts to happen. Also have an open contingency plan if said special thing doesn't happen. All of this info should be on the tourney thread for all to see. This can't happen again

Chibo has the next national so he can start preferrably IN HIS OWN THREAD clearly outlining guarantee of payouts. And all TOs do this from now on as well

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
darnnnn thats right.

Plane tickets >_<

EDIT:
BTW are you ****ing censor dodge police happy? You *****es. I just typed "darn" for the first ****ing time since I was like 12 years old.
I don't think "damn" is censored.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Tv for greatest **** troll in history

This sucks though man. Logic has best idea about payouts for nationals. Make sure to be open about payouts and what special things need to happen, if anything, for the payouts to happen. Also have an open contingency plan if said special thing doesn't happen. All of this info should be on the tourney thread for all to see. This can't happen again

Chibo has the next national so he can start preferrably IN HIS OWN THREAD clearly outlining guarantee of payouts. And all TOs do this from now on as well
He realized if he payed the winners he wasnt getting that money back. xDDDDD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this really sucks :/ plank tried his hardest though, can't say the blame is totally on him.
I'm just saying more communication should be in place outlining how the payouts will work and if any steps are required to guaranteed

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
personally, I blame chibo.

if there wasnt like 15 other nationals this year that people had to decide between because they cant travel to all of them, more people would have came to pound.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Nah. Plank had brawl mlg right after last pound by like 2 months and p4 was fine

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
personally, I blame chibo.

if there wasnt like 15 other nationals this year that people had to decide between because they cant travel to all of them, more people would have came to pound.
lol thiiiis guy

he's just salty he lost that mm, im lookin forward to a rematch on sat

Alukard

Smash Hero
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and to think a certain md/va player made a thread basically smack talking the ROM series ... well every post he made was shoved right back down his ****ing mouth!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not that really, it's the same people holding nationals. its just that mlg threw everything out of whack so none of us could host in the later 3 quarters of 2010

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I fear the effect this will have on the community at large.

On one hand, a man's word is his honor, and Plank should work to pay all he promised. He took the chance, miscalculated, made a poor investment, and now others suffer because they trusted his word. He himself admitted to not telling us about the problem before the event, but we had a right to know. We were invited to Pound on false pretenses and charged to come. Essentially, that is lying and stealing.

I certainly do not blame Plank alone in this, but truth be told, he messed up. Even more dishonorable is him leaving a blanket post saying sorry to all. I do not need apologizing to, my own coffers are unaffected. If Plank was truly sorry for anyone but himself, he would apologize to each winner personally. Instead, he has chosen to flee because he can't bear the shame? I have no respect for such cowardice.

However, one thing I will grant is that Plank repeated his wished that we abide by the rules to have only 4 people to a hotel room MANY TIMES over. For this reason, I cannot truthfully cast curses on Plank for his actions. If people were not willing to acquiesce to his request, then we should be expecting such consequences. Plank's own pocket was hurt because people did not obey his conditions. National tournaments cannot expect to be run smoothly if people aren't willing to pay their share. Based on Plank's explanation, those who were ****ed out of money were because of debts to the hotel. Had people all stuck to 4 in a room, then the room quota would've been fulfilled, and this would not have been an issue. If we as a community (and I say we, because I'm certainly guilty of staying in a room with many people) weren't willing to do this, simply protesting would've been better than sneaking many people into one room. This is also lying and stealing.

While I think Plank's expectation to have hundreds of Smashers break their tradition of cramming many people into few hotel rooms to save money is unrealistic, it is still our fault as well. I hope from this that we ALL (Plank and the entirety of the Smash Community) realize the merits of honesty. Now, many people will have to suffer due to the lack of integrity of us all, and hence we have all harmed each other.

I do feel that we can grow from this and move forwards, and everyone takes their own valuable lesson from Pound V. I certainly had a good time, and my condolences go out to all of those who have lost money, especially those who traveled from far.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Plank should work to get the money and pay out the winners.
He owes it, and he should have to make up for the mistake.

I'm curious as to if this has legal implications or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom