• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Brawl Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Manacloud/Ken last tourny hustle anyone? lmaooooo joking(for those of you who remember) <.<

ANTi_

Smash Hero
2 Weeks on monday.

**** online registration tournaments...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Has nothing to do with online reg
My Beyond the Limit 2 had online reg and I paid out at the venue
CoT5 I'll either pay out at the venue or VERY quickly online
It's just kind of lame for ppl like Anti who are trying to use the money to fly to WHOBO

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I heard from his FB he hasn't even payed the venue yet or some problem going on with it with rooms and ****. I BETTER get every cent from my winnings. and soon... this is turning into MLG.

Coney

Smash Master
david has never been photographed or videotaped, such a thing would bling gleat dishonol to his famiry

KageMurphy

Smash Master
INFO ON MONEY:

After weeks of trying to get money back/barter with the hotel I regretfully am faced with informing everybody that there is not going to be any prize money at this time from *Pound*. The hotel was rented out on a sliding scale of rooms rented and that would lower the cost of the venue. I got a really amazing place in a convenient location because we expected MORE entrants. We budgeted so we would be still fine with COMPARABLE entrants. However with over 100 entrants less for melee and like 60 less for brawl, being short those funds/hotel rooms really screwed everything. I'm taking a slight hit myself for even hosting the event.

I still held some hope even through the event the funds I collected in person would be enough to at least PARTIALLY pay people out and give them SOMETHING for their performance. However so many people cancelled their rooms or no-showed the weekend of the tournament that it dropped the room rental down below the threshhold and I got charged EVEN MORE (the money I planned on paying entrants).

The place was crazy expensive but everything would've been fine with a more expected turnout. This mixed with people cramming into rooms (I saw a ton of rooms with extra people in them. More people=less rooms rented=more money I have to pay to hotel=less prizes).

I had to rent out a certain # of rooms to fulfill my contract, and once I rented these rooms I tried to bribe people to get into these rooms for cheap and use that money to help fund the tournament.

With Pound 4 being so successful and the biggest downfall being the distance of travel between the hotel and the airports, and with the new venue being right next to an airport with the venue INSIDE the hotel, along with all the promotional deals, we expected such a larger number than what we got.

This is why there was no internet at the venue and why I went out and got my own PA system for 1/5 the price of the venue PA system. I knew coming into it that prizes were going to be tough and maybe smaller but the room cancellations the weekend of the venue was really the nail in the coffin. There were over 30 cancellations the last week and I had bought out the difference of rooms (had to because of my contract) and so even with the 90 rooms I was forced to purchase it still came up short and cost even more money.

I am at least glad everyone had a good time while they were there before I had to drop this bomb..... I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this. The event was overall just not successful at all on a financial level. I really apologize again and I know it won't do justice, and I know I'm going to get tons of **** for it but there is absolutely nothing I can do at this point.

So....I'm sorry again...I never expected this and when I saw it slightly starting to happen I tried my hardest to get more people to come and to find alternate ways to make money, but to no avail. I'm probably not going to really log back in to check this much because I already know the backlash I will get and it will just make me feel worse so I'll just leave it at that.

I guess thats the best I can do as far as this post goes...... I had to let everybody know, hopefully my friends realize that this was just a horrible misjudgement/sequence of events, but I definitely do expect people to be pissed, clearly I would too, but there is nothing that can be done at this point so all I can do is say "I'm sorry" like a broken record.

so....

I'm sorry :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Tough break n*ggas

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
... wow
that is surprising, and terrible news

good stuff on posting it in the brawl results section as well lol, had to get Murphy to break the news to us :p

.... just wow

TeeVee

Smash Lord
CHEESE AND BLOODCROSS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT GOT PAID SINCE THEY WON AM BRACKET. THEY MADE MORE THAN ALLY, DR PEE PEE, ARMADA, AND ANTI PUT TOGETHER

vVv!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow they got paid out? i guess so since money was already there. that really sucks to everyone in the pro bracket :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hey at least vVv purchased 6 nights of hotel rooms, more than anyone else, we did our part

And the venue is already accounted for 100% for CoT5 so there is 100% no possibility of this happening with me

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
this has happened so many times, apparently no matter how much you trust the TO contracts need to be made at nationals when it comes to payouts

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Er... I don't have a video or photo of myself available.
I have a picture of you, noid.

If anybody wants a pic, I can make copies!!!!

Back on topic, so no one in melee/brawl at pound 5 will be paid out? That's ****ing horrible. This seriously is f-ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom