• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Brawl Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Actually, the Packers should have won the NFC north, but the Bears (refs) screwed the Lions over week 1 and whenever they played again with b.s. you didn't catch the ball and non-contact personal fouls called on our All Pro DT. If either of those games would have had legit refs, the bears would have missed the playoffs.
dude, i felt so bad for the lions. Calvin Johnson got ridiculously robbed against the bears week 1. I didnt see the foul on Suh though

you sir, get +1 props for being an avid football fan like myself. Im a diehard cowboys fan, so unfortunately i got styled on most of the year by everybody (we should've beat the bears too but we were so bad first half the year. sorry packers)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, I didn't see the foul on SUH either :p They called a head-to-head helmet penalty that allowed the bears a new set of downs. They would have had to either have gone for a field goal or try for it on 4th down. Tricky thing is Suh didn't even touch him above the shoulder pads. i.e. rigging the brackets for your friends. You screwed the lions. You jerkface!

Edit: Wait, you like the cowboys? No wonder you are in favor of cheating.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Anything that I would have wanted to say has already been said. I'm disappointed for many of the reasons that have already been stated.

There were a lot of interesting things that happened at this tournament regardless. Oh well, I have WHOBO 3 to be excited for.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol, I didn't see the foul on SUH either :p They called a head-to-head helmet penalty that allowed the bears a new set of downs. They would have had to either have gone for a field goal or try for it on 4th down. Tricky thing is Suh didn't even touch him above the shoulder pads. i.e. rigging the brackets for your friends. You screwed the lions. You jerkface!
8/10

:diddy:

lol i love this community. Cant wait until genesis 2 to see alot of you peoples

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It's a grassroots community. What do you expect? People will value their friends over the bigger picture that is "fair competition." Because this community was born from playing with friends, and having you and your friends beat some guy and his friends.
Evolution of crews? Chudat Chronicles?

I don't see a problem with it. But if this community ever wants to be picked up by MLG again, then both competitors and TOs have to make a problem to the community before it can be addressed (half the community doesn't even want to recognize it as a problem.) Which means a solid NO to dropping games, rigging matches, splitting winnings and even sandbagging. Because how competitive is that? How competitive is it to purposefully not try your best and ultimately hinder your opponent's progress and development, and the overall development of the metagame itself? If you don't want to try, why are you playing? You're allowed to say no to playing friendlies with someone if you don't want to try.

This incident is just the tip of the iceberg. It's hard to make a game as children-friendly as brawl competitive when even our mindsets are that of "I'm playing to win with my friends" instead of just "I'm playing to win." Look what Sakurai has done to us.

~Last Word~

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Edit: Probably will be going to Genesis. Good thing I have you to pay for 1/6 of my plane ticket now! :D
Don't get your hopes up, you're not mm my sister. Although given your track record if she did play I'd consider betting $50 on her as well.

You should play super friend brothers where no one loses.
rofl, best post. If you don't want to lose $400 on a plane ticket/tournament fees/whatever here's a better idea. Don't go to the competition. If youre going just to hang out with friends then obviously you didnt waste $400. Otherwise like this dude said this isnt super friendly bros., handing out wins is sacrilegious to competition. Theres no "one view or another its all the same" here, either we treat this as a competitive game or we dont. If you don't then dont bother entering and then crying about placing poorly because your friends didnt help you. And if you're too weak willed to say no to friends who ask for wins, dont attempt to justify or ask sympathy from your competitive peers. You were wrong, accept whatever the consequences are and move on. Fortunately for ADHD the TOs didnt know or care enough to hand out punishments, but he deserves whatever criticisms he gets otherwise.

Also I dont really care that he gave doom wins, the sonic shouldve done better so it didnt matter. But people are giving some really stupid justifications.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

unfortunately for this guy, everyone is all argued out by now, and we're into the diluting the salt phase. Sorry brah, 30 minutes ago i would've responded with an actual post, but now all you get is this:

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

and oops, ill see most of you at CoT5, THEN genesis 2

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys need more old men to manage your community. Is the oldest Brawl player like 16 or something?
No, but our tournaments are held at a 16 y/o's house and I'm 25, Ty---Euclid!

You can do better than this with a troll account.

Nicole

Smash Champion
guys, life is unfair.

everything in life is unfair. people succeed because of who they know. yeah you can do great things on your own merits, but there will always be those guys who get special treatment and will be in the same successful position you are.

EVERYTHING is like this.

i agree with gdx & co. i would throw a match for a friend, i would expect them to do the same for me, and i would expect others in my pool/wherever to do the same for their friends. if i have 3rd seed and someone throws the match and i get 4th, well, i should have done better and gotten a seed where i wouldn't have been affected by such things. it isn't fair, but that's the way things are.

i get where you moralists are coming from, but it's not like smash bros is some sacred entity where the realities of life vanish. certain people will always get special treatment. get used to it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Just win CEO and you'll be fine...........

super sayin'
david you gotta stop wrecking me with these amazing posts

im running out of pants

Nicole, doubles salty runback at Cot5 or Genesis2. WE GETTIN IT IN ON EVERYBODY

Trent

Smash Champion
i get where you moralists are coming from, but it's not like smash bros is some sacred entity where the realities of life vanish. certain people will always get special treatment. get used to it.
"get used to it" instead of taking measures for change is the #1 thing I hate the most about the Brawl community.

Cook

Smash Master
Well, when you're the one getting special treatment you don't want things to change.

For those of us without **** it's kind of gay.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Nicole speaks the truth. I would be salty though if that was the reason I didn't get into bracket. Also good job for not getting being put in a death pool this time around.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
LMAO @ this long *** discussion going on in this thread, i'm mad nothing interesting has been said for like 4 pages

regardless of who's wrong or right, this is true and will always remain true:

cold world n1ggas

you're gonna get ****ed out of work, accused of **** you didn't do, money you don't deserve etc.

you ain't make it out of pools then 2 things happened:

1. you weren't good enough/should've gotten that 1st seed

2. you ain't know the right people

**** outta here with that fair **** LOL

if it happened to me i'd be pissed, but yall n1ggas wouldn't dare do that **** to me... i'm black :laugh:

slap you cheatin n1ggas in the chin ROFL

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
And where the **** is razer vs m2k? How is it not up?! Gyusd90eiuhyghijhers43gye90ijh3bj

Nicole

Smash Champion
"get used to it" instead of taking measures for change is the #1 thing I hate the most about the Brawl community.
then it must be the #1 thing you hate about living also.

IF there was a way to have standards on this type of thing, then maybe we COULD make a change. but there isn't a way to enforce these things, unless you can make perfect pools which separate all regional friends. no TO will (or can) do that. reset = sluuuuuttt

ANTi_

Smash Hero
NEO makes me rofl LOLOL

"Slap you cheat1ng ni1ggas in the chin LOOL"

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
No one's going to listen to me, I don't ****ing matter.

But I can't believe you guys. If someone threw a match for me I'd be so freakin' upset with them.

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm surprised no one brought up m2k forfeiting to ally but beating Logic before hand.....even though he said prior to playing logic that he was gonna forfeit to ally right after

As a TO though we can't really force people to play serious

And I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BLAME ME FOR THAT **** SO I COULD SLAP THE STUPID OUT OF YOU!

caps

get at me

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am holding absolutely nothing back come WHOBO 3. Whether that brings me 1st Seed, 3rd Seed, wherever the cut-off point may be, it doesn't matter whose gonna be in my way. I could face people I play in Edmonton, Espy, whomever; I will show them respect by giving them none in battle (Miles, epic quote man).

I gotta thank this ridiculous rigging and the apathy towards it for one thing though. It's fired me up to push my boundaries and show everyone how it's done playing with everything you have, not caring who your friends are, and at the end of the day still going out to some restaurant to eat and laugh together.

Whomever I face in brackets or pools, if I beat you, or if you beat me, know that I fought my hardest.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
who

the hell

makes posts like this

what kind of brain do you have to have

to say

"i have no opinion, but i am present"
I heard about this while I was there, but I can't enforce someone to abid by at least having pride or actually playing at there fullest potential, favoritism is bound to happen. I can't do anything about it since it's done and gone, it's gay that you get cheaped that way into not making brackets but **** like this happens a lot. Sucks for D1aos, but oh well it's done and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom