• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Who's going to win? Who's going to get top 5? How will OoS and OoC do? What will happen in teams? Post here!

My predictions:

Who's going to win this is really up in the air since between Amsah, Armada, Hungrybox, Dr. PeePee and Mew2King, nobody can beat the other 4, and there'll be a ton of other amazing players fighting for the top spot. I really can't put my finger on who will win, but I think it'll be either Hungrybox or Amsah. If Hungrybox handles Dr. PeePee and Mew2King like he has before, there shouldn't be anything stopping him. Otherwise, if Amsah gets the right bracket, I think HBox and perhaps M2K are the only ones with a strong chance to beat him. I really don't think PP can beat the Europeans, M2K has been struggling vs Armada and PP, and Armada will have to get through NTSC Sheik and Puff.

I'd imagine they'd all be in the Top 5 with the other 5th spot going to someone like Jman.

I really think that if Overtriforce does as well as he did against top caliber players at Pound 4, he'll break top 10. Strawhat should do well too, but I think 17th will be as far as he gets.

Kirbykaze will get 17th or higher and I think Darc could beat Armada. I also don't think Axe will do as well as Apex unless he gets to face a ton of spacies again.

Post yours!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If Hungrybox handles Dr. PeePee and Mew2King like he has before, there shouldn't be anything stopping him.

Hungrybox lost to PP in their most recent meeting and still has a career losing record vs M2K...

My random predictions:
1. Armada
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Mango
4. Amsah
5. Hungrybox
5. Overtriforce
7. Mew2King
7. Zhu
9. Kels
9. Axe
9. Strawhat
9. KirbyKaze

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I can win this tournament.

2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. Amsah
5. Zhu?

Mango isn't trying so I dunno where he'll be and M2K doesn't seem like he's doing singles sooooo

oh and Jman isn't going.

These things are always hard to tell. All I care about is puttin in work.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
without Mango. Tryhard Mango
1. H-box 1.Mango
2.Armada 2.Armada
3. PP 3.Amsah
4. Amsah 4.PP
5. MNK 5.H-Box
5. Jman 5.MNK
7. Lucky 7.JMAN
7. Zhu 7.Zhu
Mabey Darc will pull out a top 7. But of course no one knows what will happen. There are about a dozen other players that I didn't list that could pull top 8. No idea how PP could do but he has a shot to win. I would definetly like to see Mango go Fox/Falco at Pound. Either character would easily give him a win. His Falcon though still has a chance for top 8. Let's see if Kirbykaxe, Axe, or Wobbles can pull out a top 8. All three have had success at big tournaments before and can pull an upset.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i'd love to see PP win, i think he'll definitely be the crowd favorite.

Mango's not going?

but i think it really comes down to those 4 or 5 really good people. anything can happen though

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I can win this tournament.

2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. Amsah
5. Zhu?

Mango isn't trying so I dunno where he'll be and M2K doesn't seem like he's doing singles sooooo

oh and Jman isn't going.

These things are always hard to tell. All I care about is puttin in work.
Lovin the confidence :)

I think you can do it too PP I'll be rootin for you bro get Armada this time ;)

I'm too lazy to think of an entire list.

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
Can we as a community please try to encourage Mango to try at Pound 5? Mango v. PP when Mango tried with falco were the matches with the highest level of play we've seen so far, and it'd be great if we could see even better matches than that. I think everyone, even the top level players who could possibly be negatively affected in brackets by a tryhard Mango probably want to see his divine play in action at some level...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I don't think Hbox will do as well as people are predicting. I don't think he will get top 2. I think people have gotten over the "omg jiggly is so gay wat do i do" phase. He'll be somewhere outside of top 2 within the top 10.

Im betting on PP or Amsah to win it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If Armada doesn't play Hungrybox or Amsah, I think Armada will win. If Hungrybox doesn't play PP, I think PP will win. If PP doesn't play Armada or Amsah, I think PP will win. If Amsah doesn't play Hungrybox, I think Amsah will win. Amsah seems to know what he is doing in the Peach match up, but he has trouble killing Peach in PAL. Amsah ***** in the Falco match up.

1. PP / Armada / Hbox / Amsah
2. PP / Armada / Hbox / Amsah
3. PP / Armada / Hbox / Amsah
4. PP / Armada / Hbox / Amsah

I believe accurate results won't be obtained unless we have a round robin top 4 or round robin top 8. Plank, please do a round robin top 8. We have enough time. Make it so like people in loser's bracket have to win two sets against people in winner's bracket or something when / if doing the round robin.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
ok it seems a lot of confusion is going on here. im trying to bring halt into this discussion.

well, the thing is, if it really happens to amsah that he beats armada again then there must be something wrong. not wrong with armada but wrong with NTSC. because we all agree that armada is on an other level than amsah is, not only consistency-wise but also skillwise. this turns an even matchup in PAL into a very bad for peach in NTSC. peach cannot escape grabs as well as other characters because of her limited movement.

but i dont think armada would lose to amsah anyways. its nothing new that armada was sick at pound and amsah said he would have done better if he was at full strenght. he played 3-1 against armada. a would have done better is 3-2 then, right? and how far away is 3-2 then from a 2-3? you see i dont think we should judge the previous results too much. we also shouldnt talk about apex because armadas loss was due to certain reasons there but i wont go into detail unless you want me so.

that being said here are my predicitons:

Armada
Amsah
Dr.Peepee
Mew2King
Zhu
Hungrybox

another question: if armada and amsah would place 1&2 would that make europe to the best smash area in the world? actually, your logic with which you confronted me all over the past months cannot contradict this statement. you always said that tourney results count more altough i tried to prove you wrong.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
It's really bracket dependent, I don't think Amsah can beat Hungrybox, nor do I believe Armada can beat Hungrybox(maybe though), but if Hungrybox runs into PP twice, or maybe gets unlucky against someone else, I can see one of them being the winners in the end.
If this doesn't happen I see Hbox winning it.
So either Armada, Amsah, PP, or Hungrybox I guess?
Remen is taking top 9, believe it.

Alternatively to ignore facts and just see what would make me happy:
1. Amsah
2. Dr. PP
3. Armada
4. Mang0's falcon
5. Remen
5. Hungrybox

strawhats

Smash Master
as much as I'd love to see m2k win a Pound for once i just don't see it happening anymore. He's too involved in brawl and switching b/w. games and controller johns. If he does enter melee singles, he'll probably only get top 5 at best.

My Predictions are as follows: Depeding on a try hard mango (no lucky= no automatic teams win= mango wants to make some money to buy alcohol so he might try in singles)

Mango
PP
Hbox
Armada
AmsaH/M2K
Zhu

A non try hard mango:
PP
Hbox
Armada
Amsah/M2K

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Can we as a community please try to encourage Mango to try at Pound 5? Mango v. PP when Mango tried with falco were the matches with the highest level of play we've seen so far, and it'd be great if we could see even better matches than that. I think everyone, even the top level players who could possibly be negatively affected in brackets by a tryhard Mango probably want to see his divine play in action at some level...
The best way for this to happen would be for people to start saying that mango is starting to suck, instead of saying that he's just sandbagging. That way he might get pissed off and go ape****. I do hope he gives pound 5 his best though.

mers

Smash Ace
PeePee has this, easy. The only player who has a shot at taking him out is try-hard Mango, and we won't see him. I actually think that if PP keeps improving as fast as he has been, it won't be long at all before he's really better than Mango.

People know how to beat puff now, I think Hbox won't get top three.

M2K seems to be slipping more and more, and it looks like he has a pretty bad mindset, but I still think he'll take number three. Armada will get second. Fourth could go to Hbox, Amsah, or plenty of wild cards. I think Axe has it in him, KK has shown his skill, etc.

Wish Jman was going.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
PeePee has this, easy. The only player who has a shot at taking him out is try-hard Mango.
BS. i love PP, but armada & amsah definitely have a shot at taking him out. HBox might too if he's reworked his game; I could even see M2K doing it depending on the day. remember, PP only beat M2K for the first time like a month ago.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
PeePee has this, easy. The only player who has a shot at taking him out is try-hard Mango, and we won't see him. I actually think that if PP keeps improving as fast as he has been, it won't be long at all before he's really better than Mango.
No

Anyone with a brain knows that DrPeePee will not have an easy time. With Armada, Amsah, and Hbox going I doubt that he's just going to waltz in there and have a free ride. The dude has improved but there are a lot of legit players that could take him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom