• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Mango actually said in an interview after pound 4 singles was over, that he'd **** pound 5, prolly because he would like he's win pound win streak to live on.

So i can actually see Mango trying at this tourny.

Top 5:

Armada
Mango
Dr.PP
Hungrybox
Amsah
lol I actually like this prediction...

I won't be at this tournament, but I will be there in spirit supporting Armada and Amsah, hopefully watching it on a big screen at that SF State tournament!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Is Lucky going? If not, I'll change my list.

1. Mango
2. Amsah
3. Dr.PeePee
4. Armada
5. Lucky
6. Hungrybox
7. Zhu
8. Matt07
9. Lahti
10. Kason

Real talk.

I'd really like to see Dr.PeePee vs Amsah!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
don't you understand

mango's distinction is invisible

if he loses ever
EVER

he's obviously sandbagging

because he's obviously unbeatable

obviously

and if he wins then that's good

because the best player should win

and not lose

everyone knows that mango's losses happen when is not trying

because he's untouchable

he'll never lose for real! because he's sandbagging

right guys

right
you guys

right guys?

strawhats

Smash Master
Juan, I think you're the only top player who doesn't think Mango's the best...
lol...he considers himself mango's rival, I don't think he should feel inferior to MaNg0. That's why people compete and train so hard, to be the best.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mango got scared after Kage at ROM3, Armada at Genesis and Hungrybox at Pound 4.

By not trying, his throne is safe, at least to all the **** riders.

In any case, I think the winner of Pound 5 will determine who's the best of the other top 5 players. 5.

rhan

Smash Hero
don't you understand

mango's distinction is invisible

if he loses ever
EVER

he's obviously sandbagging

because he's obviously unbeatable

obviously

and if he wins then that's good

because the best player should win

and not lose

everyone knows that mango's losses happen when is not trying

because he's untouchable

he'll never lose for real! because he's sandbagging

right guys

right
you guys

right guys?
The logic is undeniable.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
i would love nothin more to than to see hbox take out mango

maybe he is just hiding behind falcon and marth so he doesn't have to face the possibility that hbox has a better puff than him

either way hbox, you can't deny that he's "not trying" when he's not playing fox/falco/puff
maybe he's doing it because he's bored
maybe cause he's scared

damn someone better livestream this ****

strawhats

Smash Master
i would love nothin more to than to see hbox take out mango

maybe he is just hiding behind falcon and marth so he doesn't have to face the possibility that hbox has a better puff than him

either way hbox, you can't deny that he's "not trying" when he's not playing fox/falco/puff
maybe he's doing it because he's bored
maybe cause he's scared

damn someone better livestream this ****
mango be beasting dem puff dittos.

@t3hicy: when was mango afraid of Kage (after he proceeded to beat kage's main with his marth and link) or Hbox at Pound IV (was it after he 3-0'd him in GFs and pulled a **** move against juan by not finishing him off, agitating hbox to the point of sding). Armada came the closest imo to legitimately beating MaNg0. Sadly he couldn't pull it out. Once mango knows your playstyle, I feel like it's almost unfair.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Mango got scared after Kage at ROM3,
He is human, you dont play perfect all the time. You can have this one though.

Armada at Genesis
nothing like a clean 3-0 in 2nd set of GF

and Hungrybox at Pound 4.
What was there to be afraid of? his fox lost a game.

your anti-American bias is old and outdated. We get it, down with America, America sucks, blah blah blah. Find the nearest roof and jump off.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hbox needs to make sure he can beat pp before he becomes mango's rival.

PP vs Amsah grand finals.

semis will see PP vs Armada, and HBox vs Amsah

this will produce Armada vs Hbox, in which armada will win, and face amsah, which amsah will win to get to GF's.

unless they do a round robin. then PP will just wreck everything. unless amsah stands in his way. cause i really think amsah is the player with the best chance at beating pp.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
phft he used to take pp to the cleaner all day son. HBox got this.

Also shoutout to ontario, KK, raynex, unknown522, idea, JPOBS, ministry among others.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
reneblade taking it to tha streets

i for one like the fact that mango is "not trying" anymore. Its makes everything ore interesting. Now, we have no ****ing clue who is gonna win pound 5 cuz theres like 5 players that all have the potential.

a year ago, it was basically guaranteed victory for mango from the jump. Hell, i still haven't watched Pound 4 GFs.

Velox

Smash Ace
Wait, Jman isn't going to compete?

Amsah has a VERY good chance of winning then assuming he's up to par on his game. Hopefully he's learned Puff more (that and Hungrybox might lose to someone else now like PP), and I think Amsah will probably beat Armada again, not to take away from Armada.

All of course assuming Mango is playing DK or something (or even Marth/Falcon, just not Falco/Puff/Fox)...

I really want to see Amsah vs. PP/M2K/Mango << I don't have a prediction for any of those matches but they will all be great I have no doubt.

Also I've always had a desire to see Darkrain vs. Armada <<

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
mango's falcon might be able to beat armada.

didn't armada lose to SS at P4? or was that just one match?

mangos marth would get torn up out the frame though.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
P4 2.4 GF is ****ing hilarious. otherwise boring puff dittos.

@velox's sig "My friends, I am now lying to you". "I have been afflicted by a curse always to tell a lie"
@Blackchris maybe but the trouble is he wont advance

Velox

Smash Ace
Also if Wobbles is going you never know what trouble that dude is going to cause in brackets. Same with Fly now-n-days.

rhan

Smash Hero
Reneblade gettin off.

Mango's Link was pretty terrible though. Yet still was able to beat Kage. If that happens then him having his hang over was a pretty legit john when he lost to Kage at RoM3.

His Marth though. I love it. And I have a strong dislike for Marth in general.

strawhats

Smash Master
sadly...velox

I too would've loved to see darkrain vs armada

or even a jeff vs armada rematch, but we're stuck with hax vs armada (no offense to hax of course)

We've just seen that battle a bit too much to know what will most likely be the outcome.

also hbox eats sheik for breakfast, lunch, and dinner sadly. Amsah might wanna consider switching characters against him. PP/Amsah can go either way at this point. Mango may or may not try depending on how well he does in doubles. No lucky = no doubles victory = mr. try hard possibilty (needs to get that alcohol money)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm winning!!! with like Mewtwo, or Yoshi or something.... 0_o;; ^^ wouldn't that be something....><;

just kidding...lol I'll never win, not in my lifetime... ><

strawhats

Smash Master
armada has gotten so much falcon experience over the last year that it's scary how well he's able to handle the MU now. He 3-0'd Jeapie @ B.E.A.S.T (relentlessly fast falcon, super technical, really smart), beat fuzzyness 3-1 in their money match and also beat him in the majority of their friendlies, he's also been practicing the MU with Nizro for well over a year now. Pretty sure Nizro said Armada has a good handle on the falcon/peach mu now. Armada also beats Pamaro in the majority of the sets they've played in tournament.

Not to mention armada was beating Aziz before he was even half as decent at the MU as he is now. However I still have faith in Hax...you got this son. :)

I hope Darkrain, and Jeff both go to Genesis 2 and MM Armada if they don't end up facing him in bracket. I feel all the top falcon should have a Falcon vs Armada's peach RR tourney. Not to mention Fuzzyness will be there.

Pi

Smash Hero
i don't get how yall can still be on mango's **** when he's not been 'tryhard' in any major tournament in like a year

when will it end? he said tryhard's coming out at G2
after that, when he doesn't take 1st, can ya'll chill out with the BS

t3h Icy

Smash Master
i don't get how yall can still be on mango's **** when he's not been 'tryhard' in any major tournament in like a year

This.

your anti-American bias is old and outdated. We get it, down with America, America sucks, blah blah blah. Find the nearest roof and jump off.
:D

strawhats

Smash Master

lol...if he does take 1st will you eat your words and admit that he's the best melee player in existence. :embarrass:

Im pretty sure if mango was still owning tournaments you would still dislike him for either of 3 reasons

1. He's immature and you don't really care for him as a person/smasher (find him boring. He doesn't really style on people like M2K, Armada, or shiz. He just plays smart as hell adapts to nearly everything)
2. You'd probably be salty that no one has surpassed him in skills after all these years and would get fed up with predictable results. (It's ok we all get annoyed with seeing one person dominate for years on end)
3.nuff said...lol

Pi

Smash Hero
lol...if he does take 1st will you eat your words and admit that he's the best melee player in existence. :embarrass:

Im pretty sure if mango was still owning tournaments you would still dislike him for either of 2 reasons

1. He's immature and you don't really care for him as a person/smasher (find him boring. He doesn't really style on people like M2K, Armada, or shiz. He just plays smart as hell adapts to nearly everything)
2. You'd probably be salty that no one has surpassed him in skills after all these years and would get fed up with predictable results. (It's ok we all get annoyed with seeing one person dominate for years on end)
don't assume things

i don't dislike mango, i think his antics & arrogant attitude are quite amusing
in fact he's been my favorite of the greats, i watch his videos and am constantly amazed/impressed by what must be going through his head, how he can be so precise, how creative he can be, and how easily he's able to implement new strategies/techniques into his gameplay

what i dislike, is that after every tournament mango doesn't take first at, after every set, match, stock that mango loses, somebody, without fail, says he's sandbagging,, or he's not tryhard, or this or that or johns out the *** for this kid

i'm sick and tired of nobody being able to take credit for beating mango because he 'wasn't trying'

re-read Hbox's post because it illustrates exactly what's happening
anytime this kid loses, he wasn't tryhard
any time he uses an off character, automatically he's sandbagging, and he's still the best because he won...genesis? pound3? pound 4?

what about apex, and rom,
hell nobody even expects him to win pound5, why? because he's going to sandbag, riiiiiiight

how can the supposedly best melee player in the WORLD, NOT BE EXPECTED TO WIN ONE OF THE BIGGEST TOURNAMENTS OF THE YEAR

would I like to see tryhard mango again? yes, please, i feel like if he really wanted to he could advance the metagame almost singlehandidly
he possesses some unique abilities that sync very well with SSBM as a game
he's very technically consistent, he's always trying new ****, he's got what seems to be an innate ability to read and predict opponents, but he just doesn't seem to have the drive to be the best any more

and that's probably due majorly to retaining that title without having to win tournaments, for no reason.

i just don't get how so many people can just give the title of best smash player to mango while he has failed to prove that he's worthy of it in some time now

if mango wants to hold onto his title, he needs to start winning tournaments, big tournaments. and you're not doing him or his motivation any favors by constantly johning for him

why should he try? he seems to be the best regardless of placings.

Wake

Smash Master
I'm not very good or anything, but I can imagine the frustration top players like Hbox must feel that no matter how good they get, Mango wasn't trying so it doesn't matter...

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
3 pretty much sums it up.

I really hope we can see a "try hard Mango" at pound 5, if not. Then i hope he gets beat at G2 so his fanboys can **** :)

Armada - PP - Hbox is the future of melee. I also think all of these guys have the drive to surpass Mango. No disrespect.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Where hbox lies in the bracket will be a big issue. Most matches between the top 5 will be relatively close, but I don't see amsah beating hbox, and I also think he is likely to take out armada.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
It all depends on bracket.

Armada vs PP --> Armada/PP
Armada vs Hbox --> Hbox/Armada
Armada vs Amsah --> Amsah
PP vs Amsah --> Amsah (maybe PP)
PP vs Hbox --> PP
Amsah vs Hbox --> Hbox

So let's say Hbox faces PP and Armada faces Amsah in semis. This way Hbox is either third or fourth, when Amsah could get first if he manages to beat Armada or PP.

If Hbox faces Amsah first, Amsah will get either fourth, third or second depending on his performance vs PP and Armada.

Personal opinion: At the moment I think Amsah got PP, PP got Armada and Hbox, Hbox got Armada and Amsah and Armada is less onesided. However, Armada has never won convincingly, but always taken games to game three. If Armada manages to beat Hbox (which I think he is capable of despite his last performance) and beats PP (very plausible), then he's at least second or first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom