• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
I Can Bring a Cube! and Possibly a wii, but Idky... but no chance for me bringin a TV... But i also am bringin a Copy of Melee [with memory card included]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
awesome juggleguy, you gonna stream at all or just record?
I don't really like streaming. HQ vids on YouTube are so much better, especially when they're posted the day after the tourney. I'll make a big effort to do this... mark my words, all of my recorded Day 1 pools will be up by Monday.

Drephen

Smash Master
I got...TV is too heavy for me to care about carrying, Johns. Also...it's not my car, Johns. I'm still bringing my cube, though.
1.) No Johns is the phrase, let keep the johns away while melee is at play
2.) man up son

yeah plank i think u should make an announcement for people not to switch melee/brawl discs from wiis. This is a sure-fire way for stuff to get stolen

if people brought their wii for melee, let them use it for melee
if people brought their wii for brawl, let them use it for brawl
if they brought it for both games, let them do what they want but let the owner handle it

just a suggestion though

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo mm me in brawl or brawl+.....or both lol
chibo mm me in brawl as well, i want to get recorded Wario Vs ur rob
Done deals.

Not gonna lie though lol, I won't remember. Anyone that wants to MM me in anything just ask me in person. Try to keep it to respective days. Don't ask me to Brawl MM in the middle of Melee pools lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Plank, am I allowed to record my own pools/ bracket (lol implying I'll make it out of pools) matches as long as my opponents don't mind?
yes sir, as long as it doesnt impede the speed of ur pool at all.

Ill be recording, and bringing like 4 cubes. only 3 melee copies though i think.
tight

EVERYONE BRING CUBES!

dont care if your driving, flying, or hangliding to pound bring a ****in cube. You can easily fit a gamcube in carry on bag and still have plently of room. PLank will have tvs just not cubes and of course bring yoru ****in game and memory cards u stupid ****s.

people who live like 6 hours driving distance from pound......NO JOHNS BRING A TV ****IN LAZY PUNK

as for brawl i dont care lol

i hope everyone has a great time this weekend :)
tight

Really need wiis folks, if you're playing brawl and you have a wii, bring it along

Wiis are the most important
this

I'm gonna try to bring my cube and melee. If I can fit it in my small carry on bad along with all my stuff I will for sure k =] Are you gonna be grabbing any of the setups friday or are you just gonna wait till saturday morning before the tournament?
ill be setting up friday, maybe ill stop by the hotel and collect consoles?

plank i though you had at least 50 tvs guaranteed for each game? ill be bringiging my cube + melee + card.
we right now are up to 50 tvs for just us. we are getting some more this week, plus what people are bringing. i think we will end up with ~80-90 setups as long as people bring them!

if i bring a wii with melee, you can guarantee that nobody will try to put barlw up on it right? (i don't mind if you switch it out for someone's wii altogether but if you switch the game out there's about a 93% chance that it'll get lost)
yeah, nobody is going to be messing with the systems except me

oh yea

bring tvs and setups

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
1.) No Johns is the phrase, let keep the johns away while melee is at play
2.) man up son
Lol <3 Drephen. I'm still bringing my cube + Game. I might just buy another cube...just because, xD.

nah im going to ask u for a mm when ur in melee grand finals :)
That'd be funny.

"I know you're busying playing for buttloads of money...but can you have a miniscule MM with me?"

ROFL.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
You mean "heavy drinking vs Dull until I (Judge) passes out, declaring Dull the victor", right? =P
* Over 22 million individuals have a substance dependence or abuse problem in the US. (SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) 2006

* Nearly 14 million Americans meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders. (Alcohol Health & Research World)

* More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke. (Substance Abuse: The Nation's Number One Health Problem, Feb. 2001)

* There were over 17,000 alcohol related car deaths in US in 2005. (http://www.niaaa.nih.gov)

* Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for persons aged 6-33. About 45% of these fatalities are in alcohol-related crashes. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)

* Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)

* 61% of adults drink alcohol in the US. (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm)

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
Tobacco 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
Marijuana 0

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
caleb no need, ill just go who DOES have their setups rdy at the hotel friday. anyone else can just bring them saturday

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
im bringing a recording setup but im selfish and only using it to record my own matches lol

i do it all on a netbook and i can have it connected to any tv in less than a min so im just gonna have it follow me

but if u want a vid of you, come MM me :)
Brawl or Melee (or both)?

I'm bringing a recording setup. I think I'll do what Chibo said; if you want your match recorded, mm me. XD

[Melee only]
Sounds good, $2 best of 3? Hoping to do well at this tournament, but I'd like at least a couple videos of me just in case I can't make it into the bracket or into a pool with a recording setup. Solid souvenir, haha.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if twin & javi are attending pound? I really wanna seee how well they do. Any predictions on their placings if they did come?
Negative on that one (they were unable to get the visa/passport in time), they'd probably place 1st/2nd if they did go, tho. Watch out for SMX10 in the summer, Atlus, Lucky, and Hugs are all probably going to go, and possibly Lovage too. So we'll finally see them against some American competition.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
* Over 22 million individuals have a substance dependence or abuse problem in the US. (SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) 2006

* Nearly 14 million Americans meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders. (Alcohol Health & Research World)

* More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke. (Substance Abuse: The Nation's Number One Health Problem, Feb. 2001)

* There were over 17,000 alcohol related car deaths in US in 2005. (http://www.niaaa.nih.gov)

* Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for persons aged 6-33. About 45% of these fatalities are in alcohol-related crashes. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)

* Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)

* 61% of adults drink alcohol in the US. (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm)

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
Tobacco 435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
Alcohol 85,000
Microbial Agents 75,000
Toxic Agents 55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
Homicide 20,308
Sexual Behaviors 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
Marijuana 0
i love you. marry me

Sanu

Smash Champion
My friend Eli is lookin to sell his spot at pound, please send me a private message if interested
NOOOOOOO WTF

Is that the black Eli with a huge afro? Tell him he has to ****ing come, Sanuzi demands it :(

DJRome

Smash Hero
plank, what's the latest we can get there for pools. like you said starts at 11, but what the latest to report in case we are late?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Sounds good, $2 best of 3? Hoping to do well at this tournament, but I'd like at least a couple videos of me just in case I can't make it into the bracket or into a pool with a recording setup. Solid souvenir, haha.
Your proposal is acceptable.

If you need to find me, I'll be the tallest person at the venue.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I hope by now most you guys realize I do not **** around.

I already know there are going to be a lot of DQ's this tournament and probably a lot of good players who think that I'm not going to DQ them. M2K, Mango, Ally, Hbox, ADHD, I don't care.

DON'T be the example who everyone is like "Oh ****, (so and so) got DQ'd?" because it IS going to happen, and it will probably be the very first day and the very first round of pools.

This is the biggest melee tournament ever and a big brawl tournament too, we have no choice. Be aware of the tournament and be on time. Set your alarm, catch the shuttles. Play by the rules because they aren't bending for anyone.

CO18

Smash Hero
There should be a thread for confirming wii's/cubes I would hate for lack of setups to be the only thing to mess this up especially with just a few days left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom