• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We're gonna do 48 man brackets for both games

It actually almost works out perfectly for brawl

There 193 brawl singles entrants (192 is perfect 6 man pools)
Top 3 advance
Then 96 remain for 2nd round, 6 man pools
Top 3 advance

48 man bracket, top seeds get byes

To do this all in one day, i need 40 Wiis at the minimum! Step your game up folks

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
We're gonna do 48 man brackets for both games

It actually almost works out perfectly for brawl

There 193 brawl singles entrants (192 is perfect 6 man pools)
Top 3 advance
Then 96 remain for 2nd round, 6 man pools
Top 3 advance

48 man bracket, top seeds get byes

To do this all in one day, i need 40 Wiis at the minimum! Step your game up folks
ty for the info.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If we have enough wiis to save replays, chibo

We'll be playing as many as 16 games at a time

Please confirm you're bringing a wii in the equipment thread! Thanks

Prawn

Smash Master
yo how do we go about attending if we didn't enter?

I just wanna play friendlies and mms/get drunk/yell at strangers.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Just show up and pay spectator at the door.

I'm sure we'll have a checklist and passes for the players and people who pre-regged as spectators

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
vgbootcamp/plank should buy 16 sd cards or so to specifically save replays for the bracket matches

have a codeset on with the must save replays code and infinite replays and nothing else

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm done my preliminary setup of Brawl Pools

Jon/HAT/God-Is-My-Rock, talk to me some time today, HAT/GIMR, if you guys are coming on saturday, I can show them to you then.

When the pools do go up, remember that its gonna be one less round than melee pools since there are only 200 entrants, so things will be a little bit harder.

As soon as VGBootcamp looks at the pools I'll go ahead and submit it to Plank to put up.
How big will the final Brawl bracket be?

Also I paid for Brawl singles but never did for doubles although im planning on teaming with Xzax. What can I do?

Edit: Saw the 48 bracket answer.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
1. SleepyK
1. C
1. Silent Spectre
1. Aeon2.6
1. Negi

Woah, is C Cornel? If so, this is a problem, because Both SleepyK and Cornel are from GA and play each other all the time.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
1. SleepyK
1. C
1. Silent Spectre
1. Aeon2.6
1. Negi

Woah, is C Cornel? If so, this is a problem, because Both SleepyK and Cornel are from GA and play each other all the time.
nah Dan. It's not him. I'm 100% certain because I was smashing with him the other day and he told me that he's pretty broke and couldn't afford the plane ticket in time ;_;

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone understand how the seeding/placings for the second round of pools will be determined? For example if I were in Group A and I got first place in my pool, is there a way to know what 2 round pool I would be placed in, and guessing from the placements of other pools could I make a reasonable estimation of who would be in my 2nd round pool? Anyone know? Plank can you answer me?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
zoro
Reneblade
ThumbsWayUp
Cactaur
Mr. F

I don't know who any of these players are.
LOL thumbs will be sad to hear that, he took a match off of you at the Shell Shocked you came to, he played green falcon.

VBM the placings in pools determine what seed you get in your next pool, but not which pool specifically you go into, that will be randomly generated and then manually adjusted by plank, just like round 1, although I think he will be paying less attention to location as the rounds go on.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Does anyone understand how the seeding/placings for the second round of pools will be determined? For example if I were in Group A and I got first place in my pool, is there a way to know what 2 round pool I would be placed in, and guessing from the placements of other pools could I make a reasonable estimation of who would be in my 2nd round pool? Anyone know? Plank can you answer me?
2nd round of pools will consist of (2) 1 seeds, (2) 2 seeds, and (2) 3 seeds. top 3 advance again.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
ROFL Juggleguy, you are fighting the man who you made the Kage vs Mango trailer haha. Well then, let's do it! =D
I've memorized you after going through dozens of clips making that. Be afraid, Kage! =P

I'll probably be recording my pool, and since I have two capture card setups... another one as well!

1. Illmatic (Lambchops)
1. Zoso
1. DashDanceDan (me)
1. 4%
1. Cobalt

I'm so ****ed. I hope I can beat 4% and Cobalt.
4% just beat Drephen in a MW tourney recently, haha. That definitely looks like one of the most difficult pools.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I checked the profile, and Illmatic is

Nickname: Chopz

I dunno if he's actually coming, but he's registered.

Edit: I wish I had SilentWolf or M2K or Eggm's pool.

Edit again:
4% just beat Drephen in a MW tourney recently, haha. That definitely looks like one of the most difficult pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom