• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
LOL thumbs will be sad to hear that, he took a match off of you at the Shell Shocked you came to, he played green falcon.

VBM the placings in pools determine what seed you get in your next pool, but not which pool specifically you go into, that will be randomly generated and then manually adjusted by plank, just like round 1, although I think he will be paying less attention to location as the rounds go on.
Ok thanks. Too bad, it's random I would have liked to practice for everything up until the 3rd round.

2nd round of pools will consist of (2) 1 seeds, (2) 2 seeds, and (2) 3 seeds. top 3 advance again.
Is it randomly generated like Chred said or can I figure out who I'd play against dependent on where I place in my pool and guessing what the placement of specific other pools would be?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
zoro
Reneblade
ThumbsWayUp
Cactaur
Mr. F

I don't know who any of these players are.
LOL thumbs will be sad to hear that, he took a match off of you at the Shell Shocked you came to, he played green falcon.
LOL I hate my tag so very often I'll just play people a lot and they'll know me by face without knowing my tag. So I get a lot of "oh YOU'RE thumbs?!" later on lol I've played tuar a lot. He probably just knows what I look like and not my tag haha

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Any news to whats gonna happen to this Plank?

1. SleepyK
1. C
1. Silent Spectre
1. Aeon2.6
1. Negi

Both Aeon and Negi are from PR. I suggest moving Negi away since hes a good Falcon and SS is falcon too! tbh this is a kinda hard pool!

1. kail
1. Zeke Fox Sec. Mario/Falcon
1. UltimaScout Link
1. Black Jinjo
1. HAT
Any news about these other people in bold?!

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Seems like SilentWolf, Eggm, and M2K need another known name in their pool. ;)

Edit:

1. Toph
1. IHaveSpaceBalls
1. PhatGamer
1. Col Bol
1. DJRome

Hey I recognize every name in this pool!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Tai, replicate, darkrain, and reno.

lol first round death pool. gg

Edit: Silent wolf has Remen in his pool :/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol HAT is a sheik player mostly but he also plays other characters pretty well and often picks based on the matchup, he mostly brawls but he's still really good at melee, he's first or second seed in your pool.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Silent Wolf's pool looks almost as difficult as yours.. I dunno.

Top 5 death pools imo:

1. Darkrain/Reno/Replicate/TeeAyEye/Nova
2. IHSB/Toph/Phatgamer/Colbol/DJRome
3. Lambchops/Zoso/DashDanceDan/4%/Cobalt
4. Sanuzi/D20/Armada/CubaIsDeath/Hazz (I'm assuming this is Hazzard)
5. Silent Wolf/TafoKints/Tyranitar/CashMoney/P.O.F/Remen

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman

Top 5 death pools imo:

I don't recognize anyone but SW and CashMoney (CashMooney?) in that pool.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't recognize anyone but SW and CashMoney (CashMooney?) in that pool.
nawwww dawg don't be sleepin' on tafokints

The Tafokintz Chain

Now we get to the funnier chains. We start with the Tafokintz chain. For those of you who don't know Tafokintz, he's a player from UCLA. This chain represents those players who, like Tafokintz, are SO F***ING BAD that they're good. They're smart, otherwise they'd see no success. However, these players have certainly tested their opponents' patience on several occasions with some ******** no sense strategy. It's harder to find the "bad" in the more successful players of this chain, but trust me, they're REALLY bad. So bad that they're kinda good.

Distinguishing Characteristic:
These players tend to take great pride in playing like dumbs***s. Just listen to larry next time he tries to talk about his style.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

Top 5 death pools imo:

Well considering that, last I heard, Colin is grounded from pound, my pool will probably be bottom 1 doesn't make it out...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lambchops didnt even enter

how is he in a death pool?

smashboards ftw

if he did enter under as an alias, hes a *** cuz i cant seed if i dont know who people are

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey Jon,

Brawl has a miscount, there are actually only 198 people on there

6 of them are doubles only...which means

WE HAVE PERFECT POOLS, 32 OF 6, GOOD **** EVERYONE

No 7 or 5. No one gets jipped of an amazing experience. No one will have issues because they were in a weird pool. They will all be 6 players, 2 high level players, 3 mid level players, and 1 low level player is how it will usually work out.

In case you missed it jon, Brawl pools are done, just waiting for someone else to look it over

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well he will prob just lose to randoms and not make it anywhere in tourney, while ****** everyone in friendlies/mms as usual if that is indeed him

SWEET tant

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
For the brawlies:

It looks like we can get this all done sunday. I will be pretty much a douche if you're not playing your matches (I might be a douche anyways)

If we start by 11am, with 1 setup per pool, I have us running 5 hours at the worst in pools, putting us to 4pm.

at 4pm, we'll do doubles pools, which will have half as many and double the setups per pool, so that'll be about 3 hours at the worst.

At 7pm we'll so singles pools round where again, half as many means double the setups per pool, so it'll take another 3 hours to finish up.

Edit: I'm not posting pools until I talk to VGBootcamp, sorry

We can finish faster than that, ALSO having buffer time if it runs further behind.

The faster we finish, the better it is for you all.

Edit: I'm not posting pools until I talk to VGBootcamp, sorry

pockyD

Smash Legend
since slhoka isn't going, is there anyone from Europe who would be willing to buy me a PAL version of melee?

I'd pay you back plus a little extra, of course

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Zelda is sooo much cooler than peach

But Mike G is the man i heard hes even cool in person

look forward to playing Rain

Rain vs the lake....in a pool hahaha

It'll be cool to play an email and pakthemothafruckinman too

Lucky is gonna be very...well...unlucky to face :/

hes ma favorite fox after all!
I see what you did there =p

well done sir!
*bows* i'll be here all week ;)
*approves of this*

I just need to know...EWBF- does he play Falco?
and who the phat is: VixTemplar@gmail.com

I'm gonna be really pissed off if it's someone stupidly good.

well he will prob just lose to randoms and not make it anywhere in tourney, while ****** everyone in friendlies/mms as usual if that is indeed him
I couldn't help but laugh at this.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Remen is a Dutch fox main, I'm pretty **** sure because... well I've seen him play. Also zgetto is the other one of the best foxes in Europe (it's debatable) and I'm pretty sure they'll **** this tourney.

stelzig

Smash Lord
since slhoka isn't going, is there anyone from Europe who would be willing to buy me a PAL version of melee?

I'd pay you back plus a little extra, of course
I actually know someone willing to sell it right now, but i wouldn't be able to get it before pound. I could sell you my own and just get that one later myself, but be aware that the manual is in bad condition (got very wet once).
How much would you be willing to pay? I'll see if i can get it off his hands for that :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
I actually know someone willing to sell it right now, but i wouldn't be able to get it before pound. I could sell you my own and just get that one later myself, but be aware that the manual is in bad condition (got very wet once).
How much would you be willing to pay? I'll see if i can get it off his hands for that :)
i don't mind the manual thing (unless it says something really cool? :laugh: ), as long as the disc is in pretty good condition

I have no idea what the going rate is so throw me a number and if it doesn't sound ridiculous I'd probably do it

PM if you want

stelzig

Smash Lord
The ssbm manual in danish actually says alot of funny things because of hillarious translations. You wouldn't get it anyway though :p (edit: And you can also easily read my manual. It didn't get THAT wet. Just one of my friends turning over a glass of soda on it... =L)

I'll pm you later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom