• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah, but you have to consider all of the odds. In each round of pools, I would only have to beat you in 3 out of 5 sets. The question is if I can beat you with at least 60% of the cast of characters and how my luck holds up.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
oH MY GOD it just hit me that this is next week!!! mad excited!!! HYPE!!!

bring your cards twin A/1 :D!!!!!!!!!!!
I was texting some of the guys from AZ with the same realization, one week till Pound!

And no worries we will. I'll probably stop and grab a few more decks just in case (I mean it's kind of hard to do card magic without cards...)

I think Cactuar could at least make it out of the first two rounds of pools going random haha. Hell maybe even just going Pichu...

Predictions for Pound:
Melee: Axe will win it all
Brawl: Dekar :D

:link:

earthadept

Smash Lord
from what I understand, there are two different reasonings for the two different goals

smaller bracket (32, or maybe 48) - up the intensity of each match in brackets; reduce the number of dud matches (where you KNOW one player will win)

don't take more than half from pools - up the importance of playing well in pools; reduce the odds that anyone but the best players don't go all out

both have their merits in some way, but people shouldn't confusing one reasoning with the opposite goal (i.e. confusing half-pools with being the reason he doesn't want a 64-man bracket)

i'm willing to trade one armada vs vidjo for four mango vs 'shaeden's

no offense to 'shaeden', i just randomly picked a name of someone i didn't know from that list

the thing is, pools WON'T be tough to record... with 16 round 3 pools, there's the exact same number of recording setups required as the 64 man bracket that you're pitching
shaeden is top 2 players in michigan:urg:

pockyD

Smash Legend
Yeah, but you have to consider all of the odds. In each round of pools, I would only have to beat you in 3 out of 5 sets. The question is if I can beat you with at least 60% of the cast of characters and how my luck holds up.
you might have to do better than that since he can manipulate tiebreakers and forfeit matches against himself to conspire against you

5 mogwais would be extremely devious

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
right, I guess I'm saying that I don't think you will beat me with 60% of the cast.

$20 Bo5 Falco vs. Random MM? :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey Kage $1 2/3 MM? You know I'm a scrub so it's easy money right? :p

And Taj is going to this so maybe he and I will do tag team doubles boxing against people again :D

DarkHart said:
So much drinking and oregano at this, I'll have fun.
Maybe I'll get extremely lucky and my first two pools will be people so far gone that they can barely pick up their controllers (although the lack of challenge and seeing fat guys drooling on themselves would be sad)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
pulling a plank:

dark hart
Hbox
A-D

these are my MM.

I am calling out all IC/CF/jiggs mains to MM me but liek i'll probly MM whoever rly. unless its someone from tristate or something.

jeff, darkrain im callin you guys out specifically.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Maybe I'll get extremely lucky and my first two pools will be people so far gone that they can barely pick up their controllers (although the lack of challenge and seeing fat guys drooling on themselves would be sad)

I'm not drinking until after I'm out lol

pulling a plank:

dark hart

Hbox
A-D

these are my MM.
really? I'm one of three?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Cactuar you should change your entry name to Harvey Dent and you'd be all set.

@darkhart
yea not too many biters. i guess my timing and the speed of the thread makes it so. good thing im not limiting myself to MM' on boards lol

edit: yo silentwolf that sounds mad fun. perhaps i will try it.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
ally, i'm a scrub and i want to MM you in melee. you up for making an easy $1-5?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I'm having a hard time coming up with a final magic trick to do while at pound. My brother and I are basically going to do 5 or so and if people want to see more then we'll pull out some of our older stuff (enterauge, etc for anyone who was at Genesis).

Any ideas for tricks I should learn? Card tricks done by anyone, just post the link to the trick being performed please. I'm at 3 right now...

challenge me I dare ya :p

LLDL

Smash Hero
Plank most likely realized how many top pros are coming and decided to upgrade from 32 man bracket to 48 so that they all have a chance of making it out. Hopefully a couple of randoms show their stuff and make it into bracket, throwing a pro or two out of pools and making them quit lol.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'm having a hard time coming up with a final magic trick to do while at pound. My brother and I are basically going to do 5 or so and if people want to see more then we'll pull out some of our older stuff (enterauge, etc for anyone who was at Genesis).

Any ideas for tricks I should learn? Card tricks done by anyone, just post the link to the trick being performed please. I'm at 3 right now...

challenge me I dare ya :p

make shiz appear at the tourney

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Do you have any PIZZA PIEEEE?

No? MMMMMMMM.

Edit- I'm gunna tell people I'm DarkSamusLuver177 from all is brawl in tourney to up my chances of winning.

:093:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey all of you BRAWL players...

If you entered under alias' that are not your normal selves, I NEED to know that for seeding! I would hate for you and others to get BRACKET ***** by pools, so please PM me or AIM me if you entered as an alias!

Thanks much

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Guys.

There's more than 340 people entering this tournament.

Just letting you know.

Reading pools will be a harrowing, exciting task.

Good luck in two weeks, everyone.

And may the best player win.
Ctrl+F

Triangle.

MacD

Banned via Administration
do you know what you are going to do for melee payouts plank?

like how many places and the percentages, i didn't see it in the first post

Sanu

Smash Champion
Roman/Thumbs: Our dubs pool match at RoM2 was too close, sickeningly close. My partner doesn't seem like he's coming this time but I still want revenge or some ****.

So bo3 singles $2 mm? ;O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom