• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I all for 32 man bracket.

Not only is pocky right on his points, but these same throwaway matches can lead to silly results ala Genesis bracket.
Some people aren't capable of beating 90% of the field. But they could place in that top range simply because it's a whole lot easier to run into an easy bracket in a field of 64.

There should not be an easy part of the bracket in a National tournament. 32 man national brackets always produce accurate results. Genesis didn't. It's because of the differences in bracket size IMO

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I all for 32 man bracket.

Not only is pocky right on his points, but these same throwaway matches can lead to silly results ala Genesis bracket.
Some people aren't capable of beating 90% of the field. But they could place in that top range simply because it's a whole lot easier to run into an easy bracket in a field of 64.

There should not be an easy part of the bracket in a National tournament. 32 man national brackets always produce accurate results. Genesis didn't. It's because of the differences in bracket size IMO
I wonder who you're talking about :laugh:

Razor

Smash Journeyman
lol, hugs is wrong. ANY bracket is going to produce varying results. on top of that, genesis was a 96-man bracket. there are going to be at least 320 ppl in singles for pound. this is going to be the biggest tournament in melee history. be nice to the community. make it a solid 64 person bracket

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i will not do a 64 man bracket so anyone can drop that hope.

we decided on the 48 man bracket, it really motivates/rewards pool winners.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol, hugs is wrong. ANY bracket is going to produce varying results. on top of that, genesis was a 96-man bracket. there are going to be at least 320 ppl in singles for pound. this is going to be the biggest tournament in melee history. be nice to the community. make it a solid 64 person bracket
genesis was a 126 man bracket

and once again

once again, there's no special shame in 'not making it out of pools' - there's only shame if it's symptomatic of your placing

for example, we could eliminate the 3rd round of pools altogether and do a 96 man bracket... will the people who go 0-2 in the bracket feel more accomplished than if we had done another round of pools and they got last in that?

in all honestly, the probably will, but in reality, they did no better, and they even got fewer matches to play in return for that 'distinction' of making it into brackets, making their placing far less accurate

lou4222

Smash Lord
it just seems like it is going to be impossible to seed these pools. How are people seeding going to know anything about the MW, South etc. Someone in my crew like Nope 2-0ed Inui at COT4. Granted that was awhile ago, but the point is Inui is a well known name, might get seeded in pools where people from the MW will get crapped on because we arent known because we havnt attended tournaments on the EC.

It just seems like a 64 man bracket is more fair. It might be more rewarding to people driving 8+ hours. If its about pleasing those that attend 64 is the way to go, but if its about pleasing the livestream viewers and top notch players make it a 32.

In all reality shouldnt both take the same amunt of time. If you cut out a last round of pools that will be substituted by playing out an extra 32 man bracket. Time restraints really arent an issue because one less round of pools makes up for 32 more people in bracket.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it just seems like it is going to be impossible to seed these pools. How are people seeding going to know anything about the MW, South etc. Someone in my crew like Nope 2-0ed Inui at COT4. Granted that was awhile ago, but the point is Inui is a well known name, might get seeded in pools where people from the MW will get crapped on because we arent known because we havnt attended tournaments on the EC.

It just seems like a 64 man bracket is more fair. It might be more rewarding to people driving 8+ hours. If its about pleasing those that attend 64 is the way to go, but if its about pleasing the livestream viewers and top notch players make it a 32.
they'll perform in the first round of pools and ensure accurate seeding for themselves in the second round of pools

and of course

once again, there's no special shame in 'not making it out of pools' - there's only shame if it's symptomatic of your placing

for example, we could eliminate the 3rd round of pools altogether and do a 96 man bracket... will the people who go 0-2 in the bracket feel more accomplished than if we had done another round of pools and they got last in that?

in all honestly, the probably will, but in reality, they did no better, and they even got fewer matches to play in return for that 'distinction' of making it into brackets, making their placing far less accurate

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well I guess should clarify. When is ay nobody I mean that as in you don't have a notable reputation. If people know you but you're not worthy of being talked about then it's irrelevant in my opinion.

I am a real person. And you'll meet me a t Pound 4. Why would people think I'm someone's Atl? I'm not. I think you're just being bitter because I won't money match you. It's nothing personal dude.

Lol, no, you being an alt is plank's idea, not mine, i'm just curious if he's right or not.

The reason I'm comparing you to me from years ago was because I was basically the same as you. A guy who had never show up to tourneys and spammed the boards.

I would love to meet you, but you said you wouldn't reveal yourself unless you get out of pools. How are you gonna have MMs with all those players if you don't reveal yourself?

What if I made a thread wherein I asked people to vote who they think would win in a set between us, and if I get enough people to say I would win, will you MM, or at least play me, in order to prove them wrong? You may not care about money, but I'm sure you don't want people to think you suck or something. That would be awful. :D

Mainly my point is, you shouldn't look down on people and call them nobodies when no one cares about you, practically no one has played you, and no one even knows what you look like except maybe two people. By your own definition, no one talks about you except as a troll, so therefore you are a nobody. By your own logic, no one should play with you/MM you, because you're a nobody. Get out of pools at this, and everyone will know you, and then we'll care about what you say. But until then, you're no one.

Look at it this way, people don't talk about me very much, but most people on the EC know I'm not trash, I'm just not upper eschelon. If you beat me in an MM, they'll realize you aren't completely trash, and even if you don't get out of pools, people will know you don't COMPLETELY suck.

But yeah, now for the question of the day.

WHO THINKS I CAN BEAT VBM IN AN MM? BETS ONE WHETHER HE'LL CHANGE HIS MIND? SIDEBETS ON WHO WILL WIN? BETS ON WHETHER HE ACTUALLY SHOWS UP? SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE TAKING!

lord karn

Smash Master
does anyone else realize that while vbm said he's not revealing himself until brackets, he also said that he has a caribbean accent? @_@

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
WHO THINKS I CAN BEAT VBM IN AN MM? BETS ONE WHETHER HE'LL CHANGE HIS MIND? SIDEBETS ON WHO WILL WIN? BETS ON WHETHER HE ACTUALLY SHOWS UP? SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE TAKING!
$10 on Chred.

Considering he's from Jamaica, he's most likely black. At the tourney, I propose we band together in an attempt to root out VBM, and then get Chred to bother him until he accepts an MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom