• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I'm not old enough to drink in my country but everyone I've hit when I'm drunk has ended up bleeding.

Explain.
If you hit someone in the nose... they will practically always bleed. Its fragile, easily broken, and full of blood vessels. Same with getting hit square in the lip, with the added fact that there's some sharp stuff that can puncture it (teeth), or they can bite their tongue pretty badly.

If you hit someone in the eye and they get cut on the brow, not too shabby... but the skin is very thin there. In wrestling (WWE type), back in the day (and even now, to some extent) wrestlers would cut themselves with a small razor (obtained through various means; like rolling under the rirng, ref giving it to them, etc etc) or something similar- or would try to hit objects with that part of their head. So, its a pretty prime place to bleed. And, it bleeds a lot.

So, making someone bleed with a punch or two in the right places (especially if you have prominent knuckles as opposed to a veritable hamhock), anyone can do (almost) regardless of strength.

Also, if you've hit other people who are also not old enough to drink in your country, the whole thing becomes irrelevant because you are all on the same level.

</explained>

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you've hit people on multiple occasions while drunk you should probably stay away from the stuff

some people just can't handle it!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
if you've hit people on multiple occasions while drunk you should probably stay away from the stuff

some people just can't handle it!
QFT. Drinking responsibly is paramount, all jokes aside. And, as sappy as it may sound... controlling yourself (in general of course, but specifically) while inebriated is far more manly and proof of strength than raging.

</afterschoolspecial>

tw1n

Smash Champion
QFT. Drinking responsibly is paramount, all jokes aside. And, as sappy as it may sound... controlling yourself (in general of course, but specifically) while inebriated is far more manly and proof of strength than raging.

</afterschoolspecial>
Now here is a man who knows his stuff. Making someone bleed is actually easier than breaking someones bones. I know this and I have done both. But doing this while drinking is just completely unnessesary. Alcohol does not strengthen your muscles but in fact only strengthens your anger. Simple well known fact is that the angrier you get the more violent you become and the more likely you are to throw a punch and make someone bleed.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hi, I need a teammate for this. I am pretty decent at teams: I usually team with Lunin or Replicate in Norcal and we place in the money a good portion of the time. Please only people around their skill level respond. I play Jigglypuff. Melee only in case that wasn't obvious.

Hi, I need a teammate for this. I am pretty decent at teams: I usually team with Lunin or Replicate in Norcal and we place in the money a good portion of the time. Please only people around their skill level respond. I play Jigglypuff. Melee only in case that wasn't obvious.
ask blunted object, i think he still needs a partner

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this is coming from a dude that got BEASTED on by drunk mew2king in a hotel hall way.

LOL!
M2K drunk..........you really think I am gonna mess with that? As soon as he jumped on me I froze.

To answer your question dark.pch, I believe Plank said earlier you can register for teams at the tournament in the morning if you paid for singles. Just give him the money in person. You might wanna confirm this with him though
Ok, thanks.

Also, if people wanted seriously matches from me, just ask for it, I'm not that much of a prick as people take me for. I am chill in person. Just don't start **** with me. And I would do MM but My Peach has gotten rusty and at this point I am not risking cash when I have to worry about ****** singles and getting my summer groove back when I was beasting in touries. Just ask. No one should have to play you to play for real. It's freaking stupid. I practice stuff in friendlies so I won't be playing for real. but if you want a real match, just ask.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
spaceballs - good stuff
lovage - can't wait
kage - another round?
hungrybox - im coming back for my 2 dollars

Somebody team with Hyuga please

Also i will be handing out all the life lessons at this.

SuperRad

Smash Master
there was a thread [ill edit it ->here<-]
bigd/kirbstir posted about looking for teammates
worst comes to worst you carry me in teams!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Just thought of something. Earlier headline said pools would be posted the 7th @ 12:00am. Now, does that mean the night of the 6th as it turns to the 7th... or the night of the 7th as it turns to the 8th.

Also, any predictions for the additional entrants after tonights reg?

Melee: 25-35
Brawl: 10-20

*hype for pools again*

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
exactly, Handorin...my crazy high hopes would be 400 for Melee and something awesome like 250 or **** it 300!!!!

*sigh*...too bad that's not terribly likely :( I would be surprised if it DOESN'T break 200, though!

MD/VA - FORTE IS ALMOST CONVINCED TO REGISTER!!! Bother him tonight and make sure he does! =D

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
FS8 is looking to pull 100+ ???
Quite possibly. My biggest have hit 100 plus twice, and the whole tournament is probably gonna hit 150 to 200 plus, because I'm having Street Figher 4 and all of the other modern fighting games.

The main reason I was told that most of the Texas Brawlers aren't going to Pound 4 is based on the small Brawl attendance. That and probably money issues. Any other reasons I don't know about.

However for Melee, expect Forkgirl, Xelic and DoH at Pound 4. Texas Melee players never traveled in large numbers OoS for as long as I can remember.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
beer pong is possibly the WORST idea I've heard for hotel shenanigans >_<

then again...I'm probably biased [or at least not biased toward it] since I don't drink...but...that's GOTTA be a terrible idea...right? Or am I just crazy?
You're fine, Toasty toast. I don't drink neither.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should totally pre seed the best melee teams (aka cyrain and I), that way you can just drag and drop the ones that get formed the day of.

Makes it easier than trying to do the whole thing all at once as crunched for time as we already are going to be.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im not gonna seed anything beforehand because that just makes it harder to seed later. tons of good players havent told me who they are teaming with, nor have i had the time to really keep up with who has told me.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I know at least 12 people who will be registering for Brawl tonight so it will most likely go over 200.

Also get Forte to come please.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
should make a thread after this for pre-ordering stickers from crismas:)
Alex, thanks a bunch!! I was about to ask about that. ^_^

You're fine, Toasty toast. I don't drink neither.
I'm not a huge drinker, myself. On occasion, and I do it in moderation. (Aka, I don't drink to get drunk.) Out of my family, I'm the lightweight drinker, xD. I'm good after 1-2 drinks. Plus, I only drink what tastes good =p.

I had a Bluegoose Martini one time:

That was my only drink for the night- Greygoose, Hypnotiq, pinapple juice. that junk was strong as freak.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you should keep the drinking to the hotel

and not allow drunk people, or alcohol in the venue

definitely not the time to be drinking

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Seriously though can someone hook me up with a ride lol, not going to be able to register tomorrow without one.
Yeah try Will.

But if you can get to the New Brunswick train station by Saturday night the 16th I can give you a ride too.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

</afterschoolspecial>
:laugh: I wasn't completely serious when I said explain...
I've only punched two people when I was drunk anyway. One was an accident and the other (seriously) asked me to hit him.

Also, again, does anyone who has already registered, and is no longer going, want to give me their spot? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom