• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think what he's trying to says is that m2k beat those people you just mentioned with regularity (regardless of what happened)

Also Evo World (m2k met mango in pools) what did you expect to happen) in a death pool.

Pc Chris did get off at OC3, but m2k gave evryone the business at OC3 inclding Crazy Return (oh **** I went there) and beat ken in dittos.

VLS2 m2k had o fight Kdj in bracket...(marth/sheik not fun) and still had an overall better record against KDJ.

Also m2k gave chu the business at FCd, and so many other tourneys (chu sucks against marth).

I have to say Mango's period/Era is much different than m2k's in that m2k had way more well seasoned competiton (legends) to deal with.

However since you presented your case with decent points I won't charge you for WC bias.

I wasn't around in the community when people invented no johns or when the phrase was coined, but I assume it was brought into existence for posts like the above. No johns. Mango's reign of dominance is unmatched. Even tho I think m2k ***** too.

Vist

Smash Champion
anyone know what happened to the Ken vs. M2K marth dittos from FCD
if you mean FC diamond then it didn't happen b/c ken wasn't there?

I wasn't around in the community when people invented no johns or when the phrase was coined, but I assume it was brought into existence for posts like the above. No johns. Mango's reign of dominance is unmatched. Even tho I think m2k ***** too.
'johns' was part of these random words rob$ used back in the day... it's still so useful lol

i dont know if anyone remembers this, but he defined them at one point here.

LLDL

Smash Hero
mango isn't in his prime now. There are more ways he can improve technically, and his mindgames aren't perfect, just enough to fool whoever he plays. Hes far off from what a perfect player would look like.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah, i think most non biased people agree m2ks reign was may more impressive than mangos by FAR.

and i hate m2k

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah...its like you prayed that you could take a stock from m2k, but iwth mango you pray that he 4 stocks you instead that slow drawn out ****.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i will say that i dont think mango is done yet, though, and could become more impressive if he stays on top through this melee revival

S l o X

Smash Champion
Europe will be....

Amsah(NL)
Zgetto(NL)
Faab(NL)
Remen(NL)
Adam(NL
Strawhat Dahean(SPA)
Over(SPA)
Armada(SWE)

These are the only Europeans attending which I would say are worthy of playing in the crew battle for Europe, assuming it will be USA vs EU
Good to hear Over from Spain is gonna be at Pound 4. NL is gonna ****. I think I'll be staying Day 3 for crews although my parents won't be too happy. :D

lol @ Kamina smiley.
IMO Ken was beast during his reign. Not nearly as dominant as M2K because everyone was pretty close in skill then...M2k vs Ken set = ****.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Just out of curiously can someone explain to me why some of these stages are banned?

I know I haven't really been back in the scene for a little while but Jungle Japes, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Luigi mansion are now no longer being used? This is really upsetting because a lot of those stages were fantastic counter pick stages that greatly helped Sheik match ups.

How am I to win **** if my opponent banns the only good counter pick stage I have? Without counter picks I'm stuck going to smashville every match, I don't want a fair fight after losing I want the odd stock in my favor!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
...Just out of curiously can someone explain to me why some of these stages are banned?

I know I haven't really been back in the scene for a little while but Jungle Japes, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Luigi mansion are now no longer being used? This is really upsetting because a lot of those stages were fantastic counter pick stages that greatly helped Sheik match ups.

How am I to win **** if my opponent banns the only good counter pick stage I have? Without counter picks I'm stuck going to smashville every match, I don't want a fair fight after losing I want the odd stock in my favor!
mansion has been banned in md/va for a long time because of yours truly. distant planet has been banned for good reason, and same with jungle japes

castle siege is banned because any stage with walk off edges should not be legal in either game. especially with set distance cg/grab releases

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Kamiina?

No Johns = Inga Yunas (No Yunas) in swedish (Yuna = a swedish player).
why u showin pics of the 0c3 venue?

yuna won the first tourney I ever entered otakon 2005. Inui got second. Eggm used all yoshi. the first time i ever played fox. saw ssj4 ricky talkin mad ****. Saw rei talkin about some guy who would've wreck everyone in the tourney named "Chris".(yeah found out later it was PC lol). epic

plank can u make an update in the first post or something(that is if you answered me already)............how are u going about seeding? what kinda help you getting? not offering my help or anything(cuz theres better ppl) but just curious

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
plank castle siege's second transformation is hella easy to camp so the walk off on that stage isnt really a problem. The other stages should stay banned though castle siege should be on.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
mansion has been banned in md/va for a long time because of yours truly. distant planet has been banned for good reason, and same with jungle japes

castle siege is banned because any stage with walk off edges should not be legal in either game. especially with set distance cg/grab releases
..**** it plank mansion was sheik best counter pick against meta knight... Anyways I can see your arguments against mansion as I've seen some matches stall out on it and distant planet as well. Jungle japes and especially castle siege I cannot. There's like 4 large platforms in the 2nd area and your not there for longer then a minute, you telling me people couldn't just play defensive on that part if they were really worried about grab release and chain grabs?

Next thing you know people will be calling for a brimstar ban because the stage can be broken in half and lava randomly comes up and hurts their feelings. Or Halberd because of the random hazards are hardto look out for and distract people too much from the match, if those two get banned I might as well drop sheik because I wont be winning **** after I lose the first round.

edit: I like I don't like give a argument for japes, I just like that stage but it is gay with the hazards

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I lied. Im back to say one more thing.

Yes i agree M2K had more legends to deal, but that doesnt mean he was better.

I think most logical people would agree that the average skill level goes up over time in the community of a video game. So Why wouldn't the best player in the world now be better than the best player in the world 3 years ago?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
if those two get banned I might as well drop sheik because I wont be winning **** after I lose the first round.
Win the neutral, its called a neutral for a reason, and if you lose round 1, and DEPEND on a broken stage game 2, then your not winning game 3 regardless.

I didnt look at the stages but if Castle is banned because of walk offs, Delfino and Rainbow shouldn't be on either. The second transformation on Castle is very easy to camp against DDD.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ive never minded castle siege. is it typically tourney legal? either way, i dont care too much. ill ask vgbootcamp and such what they think, theyre helping me take care of brawl mostly

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
REGISTRATION WILL RE-OPEN TUESDAY JANUARY 5TH FROM 12 PM EST UNTIL 2 PM EST. THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY FINAL CHANCE TO REGISTER, SO IF YOU MISSED IT, REGISTER THEN.

that is all.

this is literally everyones LAST chance, and its only because im nice

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah Castle Seige is always on just about everywhere.
REGISTRATION WILL RE-OPEN TUESDAY JANUARY 5TH FROM 12 PM EST UNTIL 2 PM EST. THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY FINAL CHANCE TO REGISTER, SO IF YOU MISSED IT, REGISTER THEN.

that is all.

this is literally everyones LAST chance, and its only because im nice
All the Brawlers in middleschool and highschool will really appreciate their sign up chances while they are in the middle of class lol!

That kinda sucks but if they really wanna come they WILL find a way to sign up.

strawhats

Smash Master
hahahahaha...surprise surprise...Azen, chillin, Cort, Vidjo, Forward, DSW, lambchops have been given new life...YES.

I can see it now 400 people going to Pound 4...Dayumn what a tourney.

I can see you want this tournament to be really really EPIC !!!!!!!!!

strawhats

Smash Master
The fact that m2k still gets top 2/3 if not wins every other event mango aint at is extraordinary considering plays Brawl too.

Just goes to show how much skill he had in his prime.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Win the neutral, its called a neutral for a reason, and if you lose round 1, and DEPEND on a broken stage game 2, then your not winning game 3 regardless.
Not true, you can do a lot of analyzing in the first match which can benefit you greatly in the 2nd and 3rd round. From how they DI attacks to what they will use and try to stop my "combos" the first round is really useful even against different styles and skill I can counter pick against for example if I can get inside a snake really easily but still lost the first round for whatever reason I would pick halberd over something else because of it's low ceiling will allow me to kill sooner. The snake would obviously stay snake because halberd is a good level for them and then I would win. This way of thinking might not work on the top level but for where I am now It's how I do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom