• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I haven't taken spanish in forever, but I understand enough to say that I doubt anyone who is organizing the tourney knows that much Spanish. No se si alguien espanol o no.

Thanks PP.

Edit: Wait, 10 organizers speak spanish at this tourney? Que?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yeh, who wouldnt put effin Ally on the title, like dang, he plays all games, is canadian chilean, travels in buses every week and steals people's hotel rooms all the time to have some fun time in those rooms wif his gf yayyuhzz. like **** comon, i make m2k run from me and goes to diff tournies cuz hes scared (HAHAHA IM calling you OUT son). Mah dood M2k will struggle against Hax like he did at Snes and just forfeit. Pound 4 will be the ****. DANG SON BRAWL 4 LIFE

stelzig

Smash Lord
stingers

i know pp is good, but hes new and not used to big tourney pressure. no way in hell will he get top 4. mad love for u pp if u read this, but lets be realistic
I personally think not having played in big tournaments before also has its advantages in terms of pressure since no one (probably including yourself) have any expectations you *need* to meet making you less nervous.
I think i'd feel more pressure at my second tournament at something if i performed well at my first anyway :)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Yeah the proplem is when people don't see they already proved themselves...
I'm sure you can remember the Armada thread.

If proving in Europe doesn't count for you, proving in the US shouldn't count for us, since there is not such a domination by one player in Europe (for so long) and Zgetto is nearly as good as Armada with PAL fox.

But if you guys think they didn't prove...
Then Mango is the only one who has proved in my opinion

(see this is bull****?)
Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, Plairnkk is right.

If some people want to believe Americans >>>>>> Europeans, that's their opinion, if you want to believe Europeans = or > Americans that's your opinion. But the truth is, it's impossible to accurately tell, that's the whole reason why we're all flying to the US to compete in the first place. :lick:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Yeh, who wouldnt put effin Ally on the title, like dang, he plays all games, is canadian chilean, travels in buses every week and steals people's hotel rooms all the time to have some fun time in those rooms wif his gf yayyuhzz. like **** comon, i make m2k run from me and goes to diff tournies cuz hes scared (HAHAHA IM calling you OUT son). Mah dood M2k will struggle against Hax like he did at Snes and just forfeit. Pound 4 will be the ****. DANG SON BRAWL 4 LIFE
LOL Drunk Ally post?

...why do you type like LoZR sounds?

rofl

tw1n

Smash Champion
*shrugs*

all I know is a lot of people who are way better than me are going to beat other people who are way better than me...and I'm going to lose my voice from the hype when it happens.
This is the truth for about 80% of the attendance for this tournament lol.

With all the out of country players, Plank you should try marking down by names which players dont speak any english. Or make some way that they write it down for you. That way when calling names for pools or tournament matches (if they need to be called) someone can do it in their language.\

Edit: It keeps popping up with "Cannot display the webpage" blah blah for the last page lol. Too muh hype I suppose =]

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
As much as I'd Like to see it I don't think Armada will have the same kind of magic this time. I mean last time Nobody saw Armada coming nobody prepared for him or even cared that he was going lol. Now Everyone's looking everyone's studying him..The guy has a Target on him the Size of Texas. He'll prolly place around 5th this time. Mango gets seconds and somebody new wins....I'm just not sure who yet.....Maybe a different Euro player. I still have no Idea if they will adjust to the Ntsc version.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Just don't let Mango win and im happy =D

That guy has won too much lately =P

Banks

Smash Hero
the sheik dthrow changes things in NTSC and might be weird for awhile, but isn't Zgetto just going to find himself with the same, yet better character? or are there other differences besides the strength of usmash/uair

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
the sheik dthrow changes things in NTSC and might be weird for awhile, but isn't Zgetto just going to find himself with the same, yet better character? or are there other differences besides the strength of usmash/uair
I honestly don't know...? I've never played Pal version. I've only seen it.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Sheik and Fox will move from good PAL Chars to broken NTSC Chars (especially D-Throw and U-Smash)

Other stuff is also better but not that interesting.

Lobos

Smash Master
so if someone posts a brawl posts saying "can i get a teammate for brawl" and u make a smartass remark, dont expect to be entering melee. have some respect for ur peers and be glad theyre not entering a turok 2 tournament.
Can I get a teammate for brawl? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No but seriously I usually don't get into brawl vs melee because to me it just sounds like a bunch of kids arguing over whose toy is better. :laugh:

Which it basically is because both are made by Nintendo.... THE KIDDIE SYSTEM! :laugh:

No but really who wants to team in brawl? :laugh:

edit: Also the amount of people registered from MD/VA for both melee/brawl is kinda sad.....GOOD STUFF OOS!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
so how does one get to this shi. Like, bus/train/subway/w-e wise. I'd like to know! Imma get some money next week so I might be able to be here yay.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think fox's up-b is shorter

and of course there are things that other characters have/don't have that you need to work around regardless of who you're using (marth/falco's dair, etc)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I don't think any of the Fox, Falco, Marth or Sheik players will have trouble adapting to the NTSC versions of our character.

Banks

Smash Hero
* PAL – All changes in 1.2 are present, but there are many more changes.

* Bowser, Kirby, and Yoshi are each heavier.
* Marth, Fox, and Mario are each lighter. This puts Marth below the weight threshold of standing up during Fox's shine.
* Falco's down aerial only spikes for the first half of the animation. The rest sends the opponent slightly up.
* Sheik's up aerial isn't as strong. In addition, it has one less frame of hitbox lag.
* Marth's down aerial is a Meteor smash and in Home Run Contest it sends the sandbag straight down with the bat drops.
* Fox's down and forward smashes are less powerful.
* Fox's up smash weakened, damage dropped from 18% in NTSC to 17% in PAL, knockback dramatically weakened, for example, in PAL-version Peach would die to Fox's Usmash at as high of a % as 83%, whereas in the NTSC version Peach only needs to be at 70% for her to Blast away as a screaming star.
* Yoshi's forward smash is more powerful.
* Peach's dash attack is less powerful.
* Luigi's neutral aerial is less powerful.
* Ganon's down aerial inflicts less damage, from 22% in NTSC to 21% in PAL.
* Ganon's forward aerial has dramatically decreased in terms of knockback, in PAL his back aerial is more powerful.
* Yoshi's down aerial inflicts less damage, from 44% in NTSC to 36% in PAL.
* Fox's forward aerial has more range on its hitbox.
* DI on Sheik's down throw has been changed so that it can no longer chain throw consistently.
* Fox can tech out of Falco's down throw in PAL.
* Link's spin attack is no longer a semi-spike.
* Bowser's down throw can hit Mr. Game & Watch.
* Link's super jump glitch was removed.
* Samus's extended grapple beam was removed.
* The Ice Climbers glitch was removed.
* Lag and loading times have been reduced.
* The 'Special Movie' was removed.

No extended grapple? you guys are SO SCREWED when you come across it.

Kasht

Smash Cadet
Plank, I noticed that for hotel reservations, there are two hotels, Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick and Courtyard Frederick . These two are different hotels...

Which one are you trying to fill in first? Maybe you should make that clear in the first post so people are not confused like me...

I need to reserve 4 rooms for my Puerto Rico players, so let me know as soon as possible so I can get all that straightened out!

Thanks.

Kasht

PB&J

Smash Hero
i say amsah places higher than all of the other europeans..calling it and 5 people from fl in top ten

@ genesis there was 4..get *****

.=(Larx)=.

Smash Cadet
I'm going to this or my real name isn't James Green... now that i think about it, i'll need to register, buy a plane ticket, get housing, and i'm not sure if I planned all that out yet and when i mean I, I actually mean other people planning things out for me in which i don't mean they're doing all the hard work for me, I mean they're doing the work that I have no clue about and I mean by that is that I don't know what to do.

I like cats

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
* Falco's down aerial only spikes for the first half of the animation. The rest sends the opponent slightly up.
I'd say it's more forward than up... it often kills on the sides if it hits outside the stage (where the spike would've killed anyway...)
* Marth's down aerial is a Meteor smash and in Home Run Contest it sends the sandbag straight down with the bat drops.
It always goes straight down, not just in HRC
* Yoshi's down aerial inflicts less damage, from 44% in NTSC to 36% in PAL.
It's more like 52% to 39% with all hits, or 44% to 33% for a maxed smalljump d-air.
* Fox's forward aerial has more range on its hitbox.
This was americans' explanation to why a PAL player broke the 7.28 tie in BtT. Later, it was also done in NTSC. So i don't know if this is actually true.
* DI on Sheik's down throw has been changed so that it can no longer chain throw consistently.
I doubt the DI has changed, but rather the base direction the enemy is sent from the d-throw.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
It feels like fox's upsmash has a bigger hitbox in ntsc O_o plenty of times im like no way that would have hit in pal =o .
Never saw that confirmed anywhere though =/

Banks

Smash Hero
i copied and pasted all that from smashwiki so it could very well be somewhat inaccurate, but I don't think there's a better source

Faab

Smash Ace
For some reason, i just don't like you, ur alwyas so cold with ur comments, especially against mine >_>
Cause you're always making gay *** comments everywhere like a 12 year old child

Edit: Fox up-smash deffinetly has a bigger hitbox in ntsc, its crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom