• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Dude... stfu plz, ur the one being an ***, i never even talk to you, u just bust in and start flaming, just buzz off please.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Either hotel is okay, I think more people are gonna start at the fairfield but both may fill

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yo Kage. Your going to ROM2 also right? Play me in some Gannon Dittos. I wanna learn to play Gannon so I wanna Friendly a good Gannon player at ROM. I think your the only 1 going...idk? What do you say. Up for some matches?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Plank, I noticed that for hotel reservations, there are two hotels, Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick and Courtyard Frederick . These two are different hotels...

Which one are you trying to fill in first? Maybe you should make that clear in the first post so people are not confused like me...

I need to reserve 4 rooms for my Puerto Rico players, so let me know as soon as possible so I can get all that straightened out!

Thanks.

Kasht
Plairnkk said:
Either hotel is okay, I think more people are gonna start at the fairfield but both may fill
perhapps people should just post which hotel they're going to and then maybe Plank can put somewhere in the first post how many people have registered for each. See which one has more people (or the players you like more) and go for that one

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yo Kage. Your going to ROM2 also right? Play me in some Gannon Dittos. I wanna learn to play Gannon so I wanna Friendly a good Gannon player at ROM. I think your the only 1 going...idk? What do you say. Up for some matches?
I'm not sure about the only one going, but sure I'll play.. though Ganon dittos won't help much in learning matchups =P

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not sure about the only one going, but sure I'll play.. though Ganon dittos won't help much in learning matchups =P
Your right. I just wanna see how you play. Steal all the knowledge I can. As long as you don't mind me leaching your moves ;)

I use other characters also. We'll mix it up. Also are you going to DJ's Smashfest?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Your right. I just wanna see how you play. Steal all the knowledge I can. As long as you don't mind me leaching your moves ;)

I use other characters also. We'll mix it up. Also are you going to DJ's Smashfest?
Well actually you should watch every Ganon and possibly make up your own style. But no I don't think I'm going to DJ's since Vwins is lifting me to RoM 2. So I guess I'll brew you some Kage Special. lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well actually you should watch every Ganon and possibly make up your own style. But no I don't think I'm going to DJ's since Vwins is lifting me to RoM 2. So I guess I'll brew you some Kage Special. lol.
LOL. I will. I'm not sure if I'll main Gannon but I think he'd be a hell of a Secondary. I've played him mostly the past few weeks. After getting use to his Physics I think he's got lots of potential.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I'm going to this or my real name isn't James Green... now that i think about it, i'll need to register, buy a plane ticket, get housing, and i'm not sure if I planned all that out yet and when i mean I, I actually mean other people planning things out for me in which i don't mean they're doing all the hard work for me, I mean they're doing the work that I have no clue about and I mean by that is that I don't know what to do.

I like cats
Some of MA's going. If you can find another person, you can stay in a hotel with us, maybe.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
This is the truth for about 80% of the attendance for this tournament lol.

With all the out of country players, Plank you should try marking down by names which players dont speak any english. Or make some way that they write it down for you. That way when calling names for pools or tournament matches (if they need to be called) someone can do it in their language.\
The only players from Europe who can't speak English would be the French and the Spaniards (as Scandinavian players speak English very well, and the Dutch's English is almost perfect).
And still, the players who tend to travel abroad often speak English, so I think the only ones who are likely to come and unable to commnicate to much in english are K12 and Over from Spain, and Makenshi from France (though Makenshi can say a lot of things with the most ****ed-up English you'll ever hear).
And anyway, these players -as well as some who are worst english speakers- never had a problem during European tournaments, where we only speak english and the language of the country where the tournament is held. The fact we're no native English speakers must help, as you guys speak waaaaaay faster than we do, but still, most players can understand their nickname, the number of the TV where they have to play and the name of the stages for stage striking, stage banning and counterpicking. Add that to the fact they won't be alone (Makenshi won't come without another French player who can speak english, for instance), and you don't have to worry to much about that.

However, I don't know about South America, Mexico, and other countries. Maybe they would need it.

stelzig

Smash Lord
In europe it's usually only people from older generations you'll see being unable to communicate even in very basic english. For younger generations i think it's only likely to experience in a few countries (mainly those more south). Though i was a bit surprised at how few in France i could communicate with at all (I swear the danes could very well have been late for the TSL if it wasn't for Oskar who speaks a small bit of french :p), the people at the actual venue were usually not *that* hard to communicate with and when they were it was usually just because it was very hard to hear anything. :p

Edit: On the subject Germany needs to stop dubbing everything on tv. Not only is it pretty much always better to watch programs in their original language, but it would also improve their english so much. This goes for some other countries too, i'm just mentioning germany now because i was there (berlin) last week and it bothered me... Though it also gave me some laughs. Like what's up with them not translating dad, mom, etc... xD

^Oh and since it is tv that at least is among the reasons that scandinavians are good at english i think it'll be quite easy for them to understand american. I'd be more worried about americans understanding scandinavians :p

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Edit: On the subject Germany needs to stop dubbing everything on tv. Not only is it pretty much always better to watch programs in their original language, but it would also improve their english so much. This goes for some other countries too, i'm just mentioning germany now because i was there (berlin) last week and it bothered me... Though it also gave me some laughs. Like what's up with them not translating dad, mom, etc... xD
What I found funny was that on Malta, the italian channels had american movies dubbed to italian, and the maltese channels had american movies with original audio without subtitles =)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Mafia: I already have both a US and a JP copy, but i could possibly bring another PAL copy if you would be willing to simply pay for it xD

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I doubt americans speak much faster than the dutch =)
what?
Yeah. But it doesn't count, the Dutch are like, English speaking top tier in Europe. And I was mostly refering to French tournaments, where we have many Spaniards (= people who can't speak English very well).
Also, I fixed my previous post. I meant "without", no "with".

In europe it's usually only people from older generations you'll see being unable to communicate even in very basic english. For younger generations i think it's only likely to experience in a few countries (mainly those more south). Though i was a bit surprised at how few in France i could communicate with at all (I swear the danes could very well have been late for the TSL if it wasn't for Oskar who speaks a small bit of french :p), the people at the actual venue were usually not *that* hard to communicate with and when they were it was usually just because it was very hard to hear anything. :p
Southern countries of Europe suck at English because everything is dubbed (actually more than in Gemany), and because the way foreign languages are thought at school is just ******** (at least in France, dunno about the rest).

I want to play the PAL version.
This time, if I can come, I won't forget to bring it like I did at Genesis.
Yeah do any Europeans want to trade a spare PAL for an NSTC?
Not me as I already have one, but I could find some interested players even among those who can't come. I'll ask on the French boards (well, if one of us can come).

stelzig

Smash Lord
You forgot to add that english is simply also just a germanic language, which naturally makes it easier for northern europe to learn :p

Hah. But yes once again i don't think having people announcing stuff in other languages will be neccesary. If anything it would probably just lead to more confusion as so many others will wonder what was being said :)

Banks

Smash Hero
as a sheik player, i'm pretty sure i never want to play the PAL version. lawlz

btw, is it even possible to play PAL on a US cube or is that stuff region locked?

if so, mafia you might need to get a PAL cube too lol

Banks

Smash Hero
i was kidding, i hardly ever CG except in sheik dittos when the other guy does it, but in that situation i guess it would benefit me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom