• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
PowerBomb, stop spoilering things that aren't spoilers, I'm afraid that I'll see something like "BELLE KILLS EVERYONE GG."

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Powerbomb:
You get it given to you before the first gym. Talk to the person at the ruins. Top left of the town. I got the fire one because I have a Mijumaru. It's intended to complement your starter.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is anyone who's using Desmume experiencing the game at like 75% speed? It's not bothering me that much but would be nice if somebody can point me in the direction of getting it running at 100%

Failing that could someone who's experiencing 100% speed on an alternative emulator possibly tell me which one your using?

Tamoo

Smash Master
aah much better now,

also dunno the name of the pokemon but the puppy that you can catch at the start. Why is it receiving double experience than my starter? Level two battles give 10 exp to my starter but 19 to the puppy pokemon :/

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Attack and bulk are all that Shubarugo has going for it. Craptastic speed is rather upsetting, but you could try to run Sub/Swarm with Reversal...for not completely worthless results. Its only other 'useful' non-STAB attacks are Double-Edge(could assist in trying to get down to activate Swarm/boost Reversal's power), Aerial Ace, Poison Jab, and the afore-mentioned Return/Pursuit/Rock Smash. Kinda hurts that its moveset involves moves that would be useful with more speed(Fast Guard, Iron Head, Headbutt, etc.); it was just bound to be screwed in this game, it seems.
right before i want to sleep i realized that reversal might be good for him, i never use reversal so i forgot what it did i thought it was like counter until i remembered otherwise. Also i was thinking about trying a swarm set maybe give him ether a life orb or the berry that raises attack one level mix that with megahorn or x-scissor and if you are real lucky one swords dance and even things that resist him will be feeling it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
aah much better now,

also dunno the name of the pokemon but the puppy that you can catch at the start. Why is it receiving double experience than my starter? Level two battles give 10 exp to my starter but 19 to the puppy pokemon :/
I was hoping I would never have to say this to someone again, but I think your dog might be on 'roids.

God... >_< With all of the people importing or emulating, I dunno how I'll wait six months for the game to come out.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Can someone recommend an emulator to use besides Desmume? I've toyed around with the settings and its still slow for me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Can someone recommend an emulator to use besides Desmume? I've toyed around with the settings and its still slow for me.
DeSmuMe is the only one that works. Try HGSS on NO$GBA, it's probably your computer that's slow.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Guys, seriously cut out the ROM discussion. I know everyone and their grandmother is playing the game on an emulator right now, it'd be stupid to pretend otherwise, but this is NOT the place to request help for using them. If you need help, use Google or something, not this forum.

Last warning. All posts henceforth will be receiving an infraction.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What's the difference between a Ditto transformed into something and a Zoroark transformed into something?

UberMario

Smash Master
Zoroark automatically looks like the the other pokemon . . . . but if hit reverts to normal for the rest of the match. IIRC, regardless of his appearance he has the same moveset.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Zoroark automatically looks like the the other pokemon . . . . but if hit reverts to normal for the rest of the match. IIRC, regardless of his appearance he has the same moveset.
How is the transformed Zoroak different from a transformed Ditto?

Steelia

Smash Champion
How is the transformed Zoroak different from a transformed Ditto?
Ditto takes the moveset and typing of its transformed counterpart.
Zoroark, on the other hand, only LOOKS the part. Doesn't take any moves, and doesn't change its typing (Dark)...
It's like wearing a costume. Underneath, it's still there, typing, moves and all... whereas Ditto completely metamorphosizes.

So yeah.

@Denchura, gesundheit.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
So essentially, Zoroark is a mindgame Pokémon to potentially bait moves/switches.
Nah, its main use for illusion IMO is to give him further opportunity to set up and boost up his stats. He's pretty fragile, but quick and powerful and has some lovely stat boosting moves.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ditto takes the moveset and typing of its transformed counterpart.
Zoroark, on the other hand, only LOOKS the part. Doesn't take any moves, and doesn't change its typing (Dark)...
It's like wearing a costume. Underneath, it's still there, typing, moves and all... whereas Ditto completely metamorphosizes.

So yeah.

@Denchura, gesundheit.
So... Butterfly Dancing Zoroak isn't happening.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
EDIT: I was sure it wasn't a help thing. Are we restricted on mentioning emu's at all?

So does anyone know exactly how Pokemon are encountered in the Dream World?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nope, the server for all that crashed almost as soon as the games were released.

Nintendo underestimates their fanbase.

UberMario

Smash Master
So essentially, Zoroark is a mindgame Pokémon to potentially bait moves/switches.
Exactly. Though since when it appears the match looks like it's Z vs Z, it will probably be easy to suspect if it's Zoroark or not by how rare your pokemon is. I think it would have been more of a mindgame if (pre-match), you could make your Zoroark look like any of your pokemon, includig ones that are boxed. I haven't played it, so I could be wrong and the pokemon Zoroark transforms into could be influenced somehow. (Like the Entei vs "Raikou" demo match)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Zoroak bluffing a Choiced Fighting-type would be the best Shanderaa lure.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Just realised something.

Technician Breloom

Bullet Seed:
25 (Bullet Seed base attack) x 1.5 (Technician boost) x 1.5 (STAB) x 2/ (multiple hit of bullet seed) = 112.5 to 281.25

Mach Punch (always hits first) :
40 (Mach Punch base attack) x 1.5 (Technician boost) x 1.5 (STAB) = 90

Methinks Breloom is working his way back into my party.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Zoroak bluffing a Choiced Fighting-type would be the best Shanderaa lure.
Thanks for saying that. >_< The fighting types are seriously appealing to me, and I know my "rival" of sorts will get a Zoroark if he gets the chance.

M.K

Level 55
Properties doesn't appear all on browsers.

On Google Chrome, it's the more-complicated "Inspect Elements".

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All right, there are a myriad of ways to find out the location of an image, but this isn't really the place to discuss that.

Anyway, at the rate this is going with basically everyone playing the game now, I'm going to feel so behind by the time the games actually come out. In fact, I already feel behind on everything.

Top Bottom