• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I personally think they look fine.

Well, expect Glaceon's, but that's more of me disliking the Pokémon and its design in general. :p

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate umbreon's most. eevee's is okay, i guess.

jolteon's sprite looks pretty boring. same with flareon. :/

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ ^ A number of the later Gen sprites look boring... specifically the 3rd Gen ones. Most are just front poses not really doing anything except staring. :\
Jolteon's looks pretty good, though.

But what did they do to Lugia?! D;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I actually think the third gen sprites are really good. This is the first time since D/P they've gotten new sprites.

Salamence in particular looks exactly like his concept art for the first time ever, and I love it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think the sprites shouldn't be judged until they are seen in action/motion. But I like most of them for the most part.

Both kinda glad some older Gen IV ones were reused(Rhyperior, Dialga/Palkia/Arceus from D/P, and oddly ) and saddened that some were chosen over some of the newer ones(<3'd Gyarados, Typhlosion's, and to a lesser extent Machoke, Mantine, Kingdra and Scizor's sprites in HGSS/DP more than their Plat ones). Obviously also love that some got new designs(more than half if not all of 3rd Gen, some choice ones like Alakazam/Lapras/Weavile/coughavicough, and obv. the new ones). Overall I'm more pleased atm, hopefully I'll get used to most of the ones I don't like that much by the time the games are out here.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If you guys can't find sprites, just save yourselves the trouble and check on bulbapedia. They have all the sprites

I don't think there's a sprite I hate. Or at least I haven't noticed yet

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you guys can't find sprites, just save yourselves the trouble and check on bulbapedia. They have all the sprites
Bulbapedia doesn't have any of the B/W sprites for the first 493 yet.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
....what are you talking about? They already have the BW sprites for the first 493.

You don't look in the BW box, you look in the part where it shows the chain. They have all the BW sprites there

majora_787

Smash Hero
True, they do. I've been LOOKING for an image of all of the sprites though.

I'm sure they look much better in motion. =P

But anyway, a lot of them do look sort of bland, but they look better than they HAVE looked in a while. Umbreon's is probably the only one that won't be as cool as he used to be until he's got glowing eyes. =P Again.

Also yeah, the 3rd gen sprites DO look pretty cool. Salamence looking like his art is pretty pro. =P And I'm glad they got rid of Regice's sprite and returned it to normal. >_< His pose of "trying to fly" isn't very flattering IMO.

I cannot wait for english names, I feel so uncomfortable having japanese names that are hard to remember and pronounce, AND are just going to chance when the game comes out in the US. Give or take, depends on when they release details on the US version.

I assume Zoroark is staying the same, and we know Reshiram and Zekrom are the same, but... Yeah.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
....what are you talking about? They already have the BW sprites for the first 493.

You don't look in the BW box, you look in the part where it shows the chain. They have all the BW sprites there
Ugh, right. Didn't think to look there even though I saw them there for the new Pokémon, my bad.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I knew they were there myself, I just like being able to see them on one page. O_o That's just me. It slows my computer down to look at one sprite per page like that.

UberMario

Smash Master
I can understand that Majora, I prefer them all to be in one image too, but more because I'm lazy about stuff like that. lol

M.K

Level 55
The sprite discussion wasn't off topic, but the discussion about how you like your sprites was.

Also make sure to keep competitive discussion to the Battle Tower.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So I started out with Wotter since I heard Water-types are generally not that great.

Anyone want to recommend me something to catch? I haven't caught anything yet (but I'm only in the second city so yeah). When do you get the monkey?

M.K

Level 55
Is there a way to trade on a ROM?
I need to do a trade evolution, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think there's a way to do it on VBA, but as far as I know, it hasn't been implemented on any DS emulators.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i was just looking at the new bug/steel pokemon with 135 attack who i really like when i realized they gave him no move coverage. His move-pool is garbage which upsets me. on the other hand when future pokemon games come out and they give him more moves he can only get better.

So i was thinking for him a move set like
x-scissor/megahorn
sub/rock-smash/pursuit
return
swords dance

yes you read it right rock-smash, it sadly gives him better move coverage then anything else he gets, if u are able to swords dance once and use rock-smash on most steal types it will do good dmg. but yea thats the best i could think of at least atm i am tired so maybe i am missing something

p.s i dont normally tell people what movesets i am thinking of but his move pool is so bad that i decided i need help for him

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Attack and bulk are all that Shubarugo has going for it. Craptastic speed is rather upsetting, but you could try to run Sub/Swarm with Reversal...for not completely worthless results. Its only other 'useful' non-STAB attacks are Double-Edge(could assist in trying to get down to activate Swarm/boost Reversal's power), Aerial Ace, Poison Jab, and the afore-mentioned Return/Pursuit/Rock Smash. Kinda hurts that its moveset involves moves that would be useful with more speed(Fast Guard, Iron Head, Headbutt, etc.); it was just bound to be screwed in this game, it seems.

Vermy

Smash Champion
So I started out with Wotter since I heard Water-types are generally not that great.

Anyone want to recommend me something to catch? I haven't caught anything yet (but I'm only in the second city so yeah). When do you get the monkey?
As in the Water/Fire/Grass monkey?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Someone want to explain to me why the giant ghost golem can learn fly?
It's a ghost? *That was my reason why, I knew it was a ghost type. Sorry. :3*

I don't get why it's ghost type, but I like ghost types. =P Maybe it's because it's a golem, which is supposed to be a possessed clay sculpture?

What I want to know is why all the legendary groups are split up. The reshy-zekky trio is split up, the cloud trio is split up, the fighting-quad is split up, then we have the last two who aren't in groups. >_< Reeeaaaally.

Top Bottom