• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember when the fire starter was called Pignition
Lolwut? When did the name change to Baycon? I thought it was always Baycon.

How bout we change it to Hamlet now? Porky? Something that doesn't bug me that has a y in it? Why did we even name him Baycon anyways?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You could only name Wotter Roacherman, only equivalent Obv.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Um, Spire just made an announcement about spamming. I don't think this is a good time to piss him or Firus off.

In regards to Zoroark being event-only: Does this mean Gamefreak is straying from their trend of using Legendary Pokemon for event-onlies? Mew, Arceus are just to name a few. Unless Zoroark is supposed to be a Legendary, which is also unlikely since it has a pre-evolution (Zorua).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I still think Zoru was originally based on a Tanuki, but they scrapped the idea because they didn't want to draw the balls of a Tanuki.

Um, Spire just made an announcement about spamming. I don't think this is a good time to piss him or Firus off.

In regards to Zoroark being event-only: Does this mean Gamefreak is straying from their trend of using Legendary Pokemon for event-onlies? Mew, Arceus are just to name a few. Unless Zoroark is supposed to be a Legendary, which is also unlikely since it has a pre-evolution (Zorua).
What if this means that Zoroark is the first legendary with an evolution? That could also be a tantalizing possibility...

/change of topic

You know, in Generation IV, when gender differences were introduced, I felt that there could be a bit more added. First off, I'd like to see some stark gender differences. The only one I remember being particularly noteworthy were Hippopotas's and Hippowdon's. Why are the two sand hippos' genders so different, when bird Pokemon like Pidgeot and Fearow get nothing (despite the animals they are based off of having notable differences between genders). We need something like a Painted Bunting Pokemon, where the males are bright and colourful while the females look totally different. To show what I mean, here are some pictures:
Male Painted Bunting
Female Painted Bunting

Even though male/female differences usually apply to avian species, in the fourth generation GAME FREAK showed us that they weren't afraid to apply it to other animals as well. I expect to see stark contrast like the Painted Buntings.

Another interesting twist would be Juvenile Plumages. In the real world this usually applies to birds, but could be used with other Pokemon types as well – basically a juvenile plumage is a plumage that's worn before the animal reaches sexual maturity. Perhaps we could have a mechanic added to the Pokemon games that allows us to occasionally stumble across juveniles in the wild (and as eggs when two Pokemon of the same species are mated) which automatically change after a set amount of days. The plumage would be different from pre-evolutions because they could be applied to any species (found in the wild) and wouldn't have an effect on stats. Perhaps there could be some sort of advantage to catching these juveniles, such as a higher trust value or a higher chance of them holding rare items – perhaps even a new move that could only be learned in this method. A good example of this in the real world would be European Starlings:
Juvenile - Brown and dusty
Adult - black and glossy

In addition... there better be a Sabre-tooth cat Pokemon... ^-^

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Moves that could only be learned by Max happiness, maybe?

I like the idea, but most (probably including myself) would hate it in practice.

You mean like the "ultimate moves"? Bah, those annoy me. Although it would be interesting in practice to say the least. Perhaps we could have evolutions that are based on "hatred" or "low happiness values", which could be an interesting way to obtain some Pokemon.

With the Juveniles, what I mean is that they have a different appearance from adults, and they automatically change after a set period of time (you know how Gen IV records the date that you got it? It could use this mechanism) - but there'd have to be some kind of advantage besides the different appearance to attract more competetive players.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The only way I can think that working is either "get to this level in X amount of time" or the currently standard "Don't evolve this Pokemon until some extremely ridiculous level to get this move the evo can't learn", neither people would like, especially when you're doing this on your first run-through.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think Gamefreak needs to make this hard. Make it where.. if you have a 31 Att IV you can learn certain moves, but if its 25ish or lower you can't. Make stat requirements to learn moves. Happiness requirements, Gender requirements. I think it'd be amazing.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
IV requirements wouldn't really work, since IVs are only intended to create diversity among Pokémon and, technically, we're not even supposed to know they exist.

Stat requirements, maybe, but they couldn't make it too high or people might get something with an IV of 0 in whatever stat is necessary and end up just below the required stat at level 100 and wonder why they didn't reach the requirement, and EV/IV knowledge will be necessary to avoid having to train 10 different versions of that Pokémon to level 100. And again, I don't think Nintendo wants EVs/IVs to be general knowledge necessary to complete the games.

Happiness requirements make sense, conceptually and gameplay-wise.

Gender requirements...I don't really see why there would be too much difference between males and females to the extent that they can't learn an attack, unless they do something like, say, only female Snorunts can learn certain attacks that will later be passed onto Froslass but could not be passed onto Glalie.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Perhaps we could have evolutions that are based on "hatred" or "low happiness values", which could be an interesting way to obtain some Pokemon.
That'd be a cool idea. We've got pokemon that do via happiness, so why not the opposite? We saw Magikarp can evolve after it hates you (aka, James kicking his off the raft, yelling at it, and then evolving into Gyrados.)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That'd be a cool idea. We've got pokemon that do via happiness, so why not the opposite? We saw Magikarp can evolve after it hates you (aka, James kicking his off the raft, yelling at it, and then evolving into Gyrados.)

They should make that a new standard for evolving Karp. It'd sure beat the current way of grinding them to 20...

pickle962

Smash Lord
I know. It would be a neat idea. Pokemon that evolve due to hate could have high numbers in attack and sp. atk while pokemon that evolve due to happiness could have high numbers in defense and have better chances of landing critical blows.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I know. It would be a neat idea. Pokemon that evolve due to hate could have high numbers in attack and sp. atk while pokemon that evolve due to happiness could have high numbers in defense and have better chances of landing critical blows.
Well having base stats determined by the evolutionary method of a Pokemon would be, interesting to say the least.

Why would the happier Pokemon have a higher critical hit ratio?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The one on the left is pretty cute/cool. :3 It's probably the one we saw in the concept art.

But the one on the right is... uhhhhh. I just hope it looks good in the concept art. >.>

XACE-K

Smash Master
In addition... there better be a Sabre-tooth cat Pokemon... ^-^
Yes please.

The one on the left is pretty cute/cool. :3 It's probably the one we saw in the concept art.

But the one on the right is... uhhhhh. I just hope it looks good in the concept art. >.>
The left one is definitely the pokemon from the concept art. The only difference is that its eyes were partially closed in the art.

The right one, no comment.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Because they try harder?

I don't really think GF will do any of this. Cool idea, but really realistic for the games :ohwell:
I doubt GF will do any of it either, but hey, speculation is always fun. And if you want something really unrealistic, just look back at the fifth gen topic back from '08. Great, creative ideas, but I intend to read through that thread again once Black and White are released and look at all of the things that didn't happen. Which is going to be all of them, really.

That one on the left definitely resembles the one we saw in the anime concept art. Reminds me of Larvitar, too, and it bears some resemblance to Gible as well. Possible starter to the pseudo line?

The one on the right sort of reminds me of an etecoon from Metroid, which makes me like it a little more right off the bat.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yes please.

The left one is definitely the pokemon from the concept art. The only difference is that its eyes were partially closed in the art.

The right one, no comment.
Raikou kinda acts as a Sabre-tooth Pokemon, right? Kinda?

Both of these unconfirms look pretty neat, but I do hope the green Pokemon looks much better in concept art and spriting because at the moment only through that picture it looks...like crap.

M.K

Level 55
People on Serebii are saying it's either a monkey or a koala of the Grass-type.
That first one is cute ^_^ It reminds me of Larvitar.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I agree with the left one, it is black + larvitar + Gible and it better be a good pokemon. a Pseudo legendary that isn't a dragon hopefully; come on GF give Tyranitar some friends! (And Metagross)

The right one is okay...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think the little guy with the fangs/tusk is going to evolve into the Dino/Mantis thing we saw earlier based on the tusk, the colours, and the yellow bit around his neck, similar to the armor encasing that pokemon.

So the Poision/Steel Mole pokemon

Immune to
Poision
4times resistant too:
Bug
Grass

Neutral to
Electric
Water
Psychic
Fighting

2x
Fire

4x
Ground

Resist everything else
That's pretty interesting.

NTA

Smash Lord
i seriously cant waitg for the black and white series to start and for the dp series to end
and one of the best things i like about black and white so far are the male and female characters
and the female professor and the triple team battles

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I agree with the left one, it is black + larvitar + Gible and it better be a good pokemon. a Pseudo legendary that isn't a dragon hopefully; come on GF give Tyranitar some friends! (And Metagross)

The right one is okay...
A Ground-type pseudo-legendary would be a perfect evolutionary path for the black Pokemon. :3
Maybe when it fits its final evolution stage it will gain like, a secondary Fighting-type or something.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want a Poison/Steel with Levitate. It's amazing Defensive typing and it would be a wall (ESPECIALLY if it got Curse <33333) that I would certainly use on my teams for whatever tier it got in.

M.K

Level 55
No, it's not confirmed Poison/Steel. -_- Although it would be cool, don't say it IS when it's not yet confirmed.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I want a Poison/Steel with Levitate. It's amazing Defensive typing and it would be a wall (ESPECIALLY if it got Curse <33333) that I would certainly use on my teams for whatever tier it got in.
If this is the case for the Mole, I doubt it will be getting Levitate as an ability. In fact it probably already has an ability of which I am unaware of right now and just making this statement.

But Poison / Steel does look promising for the little drill mole.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
A Ground-type pseudo-legendary would be a perfect evolutionary path for the black Pokemon. :3
Maybe when it fits its final evolution stage it will gain like, a secondary Fighting-type or something.
I just don't want it to be a dragon, seriously. I love Dragons, they are my favorite mythological creature. (Eragon>Vampires any day of the week)

Yet... I'm sick of Dragon Pokemon. It's just too much nowadays.

Metagross and Tyranitar are complete outsiders in the Pseudo-Legend-Word.

As for Black and White, I'm really excited too. I have a hunch the Trainer Card Achievement system will be different thatn R/S/E/HG/SS/FR/LG/P/P/PLT. That being said, I've really gotta find my SS and finish it so I can say I accomplished that set of achievements D:. (And boy do I hope B/W swaps it up)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think it looks more like Steel/Dark than Steel/Poison. Especially since moles dig underground where, you know, it's dark and stuff. Steel/Poison is a better combo in my opinion though.

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually I thought the one on the right looked like a cross between Shaymin and a Sonic character . . . . but Broccoli Rat fits also.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm eager to see the new pre-evolutions and evolutions for old pokemon. Pokemon I want to see have new evolutions if not this generation then eventually: Arbok, Golduck, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Tauros, Xatu, Heracross, Skarmory, Houndoom, Donphan, Banette, Absol, and Drifblim.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Unfortunately if my theory comes true it seems we wont be getting lots of evos/prevos.

Then again I might be wrong. I love evos/prevos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom