• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They make a range of stats, and they use GF's stat patterns to make an educated guess at the stats, these patters tend to be 0EVs 31 IVs.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
After transferring Pokemon over from previous games, you must play a mini game with each one to make them become friends with you.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I would cry if that was the truth. Very hard.

It's terrible just thinking about it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
After transferring Pokemon over from previous games, you must play a mini game with each one to make them become friends with you.
I like this actually. It adds to the immersion more.

Also CRASHiC, don't just post a link as your entire post. Copy the contents and post them in quote tags along with linking.

Mewter

Smash Master
I like it too.
The Pal Park was kind of boring, but a lot of the mini-games so far in Pokemon have been pretty fun (imo.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I forgot about Seviper and Zangoose... I would like to see them have both prevolutions and evolutions too. If anything, I don't like pokemon that are borderline useless and basically in the game just to collect them. Unfortunately, both pokemon are exactly that in their current state. They're good up until like the 5th gym in Ruby/Sapphire and then their usefulness takes a nose dive. Come to think of it, Kecleon's like that too but I've never really cared about that pokemon all too much.

I now remember when I was back in elementary school how much I wanted a Weezing evolution. I remember drawing this truely hideous thing that was basically a Weezing and three koffings put together and I called it "Sofokating." It would be interesting to see but doesn't Weezing have decent stats as it is or am I behind in the times?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Sounds interesting. I hope its as fun as most of the Pokeathlon events. I would like to see that return in B/W.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I hope you can transfer 30 Pokemon at a time and you can do this minigame with them all at once.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Pal park in DP took forever to transfer, only 6 per day takes forever bring your pokes. I hope they fix this.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how a adding more vines makes him fatter, he is just a bigger mess. That was the idea behind Tangela.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
De-stickying this to reduce clutter, since it gets posted in enough to stay bumped up.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Eh you're right, my bad. Tangrowth isn't really a fat pokemon. But my point still stands on all the others + Lickylily. The Gen5 pokemon so far are not fat, so I'm happy. I don't hate fat things by the way, I just want some variation T_T.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
http://pokejungle.net/

For better or for worse, I think many of us had our interest piqued by the rumors I posted earlier today that were revealed to me by someone claiming to work for Nintendo of America. Through a back and forth discussion with me, he shed light on a few more things. Remember this is still NOT CONFIRMED and TOTALLY a RUMOR. As soon as we get some Pokemon names from leaked screenshots or the like we are still very much in the dark about whether or not this information is accurate.

New Pokemon: Memera (メーメーラ) – Red sheep pokemon that has a smoke-cloud-ish body. (Me-me- is like baa-baa-)
New Pokemon: Makkusuma (マックスマ) – Possible new fire/ice type that is similar to an icicle but also has flames coming out of it
Namakusu (ナマクス) -> Onokusu (オノクス) -> Ononokusu (オノノクス)
Atokurosu is probably based on Atlas, from Greek mythology (Just like Heracross, Hercules)
Kasame has one eye, might be ghost/water. Based on the kasa-obake of Japanese folklore (pic of japanese painting)
Toraroiya is a very mechanical pokemon with a large body.
ENGLISH names for the starters were hinted at, with their names playing off of slither, hog, and rookie. Do I need to tell you which is which? ;p
That’s it for now. Make sure you’re taking this with a grain of salt.

<3 pokejungle

ps- no, I do not just “make up rumors” to get traffic. I post rumors because they’re interesting to read and speculate about and I certainly make it EXCEEDINGLY clear when something is not confirmed. I am waiting just as eagerly as you for something to leak to either confirm or deny this rumor.

You all do realize that the GameFAQs poster could be the same guy as this right?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Saw them on Smogon, interesting.... maybe the Fire/Ice type will get Magic Guard to save its ***.

Also, I JUST realized that the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros is 5 days before the Japanese release of B/W.

That is going to be a good week indeed.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I was on the smogon B/W thread where the dude based off Atlas is supposed to evolve from Heracross.

If Heracross gets an evolution I will cry tears of joy.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
http://pokejungle.net/

For better or for worse, I think many of us had our interest piqued by the rumors I posted earlier today that were revealed to me by someone claiming to work for Nintendo of America. Through a back and forth discussion with me, he shed light on a few more things. Remember this is still NOT CONFIRMED and TOTALLY a RUMOR. As soon as we get some Pokemon names from leaked screenshots or the like we are still very much in the dark about whether or not this information is accurate.

New Pokemon: Memera (メーメーラ) – Red sheep pokemon that has a smoke-cloud-ish body. (Me-me- is like baa-baa-)
New Pokemon: Makkusuma (マックスマ) – Possible new fire/ice type that is similar to an icicle but also has flames coming out of it
Namakusu (ナマクス) -> Onokusu (オノクス) -> Ononokusu (オノノクス)
Atokurosu is probably based on Atlas, from Greek mythology (Just like Heracross, Hercules)
Kasame has one eye, might be ghost/water. Based on the kasa-obake of Japanese folklore (pic of japanese painting)
Toraroiya is a very mechanical pokemon with a large body.
ENGLISH names for the starters were hinted at, with their names playing off of slither, hog, and rookie. Do I need to tell you which is which? ;p
That’s it for now. Make sure you’re taking this with a grain of salt.

<3 pokejungle

ps- no, I do not just “make up rumors” to get traffic. I post rumors because they’re interesting to read and speculate about and I certainly make it EXCEEDINGLY clear when something is not confirmed. I am waiting just as eagerly as you for something to leak to either confirm or deny this rumor.

You all do realize that the GameFAQs poster could be the same guy as this right?
**** good stuff!!! i hope its true.

Saw them on Smogon, interesting.... maybe the Fire/Ice type will get Magic Guard to save its ***.

Also, I JUST realized that the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros is 5 days before the Japanese release of B/W.

That is going to be a good week indeed.
wow, way to go mario. :)

I was on the smogon B/W thread where the dude based off Atlas is supposed to evolve from Heracross.

If Heracross gets an evolution I will cry tears of joy.
so will i.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also from http://pokejungle.net/

• Besides the Kurimori gaf, the Japanese names from the GameFAQs post ARE more or less correct.
  • Pokabu’s evolution is named Boirubuta (ボイルブタ) and is reminiscent of a “stove” (Basically boil + pig). Final evolution is named Ranranbo (ランランボ) (Ranran = flaming). Ranranbo is a boar with steam coming out.
  • Tsutaja’s evolution is named Tsutawaiya (ツタワイヤ) (tsuta = ivy) and final evolution is named Tsutatesura (ツタテスラ) (Tsuta = ivy). Final is a green cobra-ish Pokemon.
  • Mijimaru’s evolution is named Yuudatsu (ユウダツ) (datsu = otter) and final evolution is named Rakkobushi (ラッコブシ) (Otter Warrior). Rakkobushi is a big otter with shells across its body.
  • Heracross gets an evolution named Atokurosu (アトクロス) (Kurosu = Cross)
  • New pokemon resembling an umbrella named Kasame (カサメ) (could be mixing umbrella + shark)
  • New steel type called Toraroiya (トラロイヤ) (No idea, but tora = tiger)

According to source these pokemon are Serufiru (セルフィル) (Seru = cell) for the green one, Gizajemu (ギザジェム) (Jemu = gem) for the rock one, and Goshikkuro (ゴシックロ) (combining Gothic + black) is the black dress one

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Looks like I'm gonna have more of a reason to start using Heracross now because it's finally getting a new evo :D. I can finally start using it again in my team like the old days in my Silver version where I literally hunted for days for a Heracross when I accidentally headbutted one and I accidentally killed it until I finally got a new one.

Also, anybody think that Ash's Heracross will finally make a return this season? It'd be one reason to tempt me to start watching the anime again

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It is.

http://serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/650.shtml

Look at the sidebar on the right. There's a reunion of Ash's pokemon in that episode. I haven't watched any of the 4th gen episodes but that one seems interesting.
I meant to say if anybody thinks it'll come back this UPCOMING season (sorry, typo there). I couldn't care less if Heracross is gonna fight in the Sinnoh League maybe, I demand that it comes back in Isshu so the ******* can evolve already

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
if heracross gets an evo, im ditching my infernape and putting him in my team instead. man i really hope its true. and pokabu's evolutions sound interesting. im hoping he looks cool and hope he will be in OU tier. he will definitely be my new fire type if that happens.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
^ I do believe the typings of the legendaries have been confirmed as that for a while now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah we've known that for about 2 weeks Z'zgashi. Bit slow on the intake there.

Also don't trust rumours people. Remember all those lies about the Brawl demo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Brawl demo lies? Like what ones? I don't recall anything that was a lie, all I recall is that several things that were EXTENSIVELY covered changed in the final version.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Brawl demo lies? Like what ones? I don't recall anything that was a lie, all I recall is that several things that were EXTENSIVELY covered changed in the final version.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah we've known that for about 2 weeks Z'zgashi. Bit slow on the intake there.
Apparently... though i dont exactly check here (or anywhere else pokemon related actually) regularly, so that was a bit of a shock to me :p

UberMario

Smash Master
Everything that was announced to be "in the game" that wasn't were pretty much all lies:

-Black Charizard was shopped.
-Rosalina is actually Gardevoir
-Muddy Mole is actually Mr. Resetti (the mole with a miner cap)
-Fire Emblem music that was rumored removed is false, because neither of the two scrapped songs (discovered by people looking through the rom filenames) were named similarly to the song "Kingdom of Bern", one definitely resembled the name of another song, "Move Out!" and the other was supposed to be a soundeffect played during the stage switch.
-The fire-emblem character that "only talked to Ike" is pretty farfetched, and the description sounds like the one for the Saki AT (the character from Sin & Punishment)
-Onix's return was a lie

Need I say more? Virtually all of the "sightings" were misidentifications or complete hoaxes, not a single photo (other than Black Charizard, which looks fake) and NO video have featured a single of those "beta" characters, none remants remain in the EXTENSE library of unused Brawl stuff, and videos of the earliest demos show it almost identical to the final product, in fact I couldn't tell much of a difference.

Also the saber-toothed whatchamacallit has a sticker shown at serebii, further confirming it's existance.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
-The Black Charizard was probly part of the Green color (since the other two Pokemon are Shiny, they just had Zard black to go with it) but it was decided against at the last second. I can believe that one.
-Mkay
-Mkay, that was probly a mistake
-Name title changes for some reason? I could never know.
-Mkay
-I recall that it wasn't Onix that returned, it was a Pokemon with a similar effect as Onix had. Maybe one of these Pokemon still exist with different data?

Also, the Brawl beta was rather different. It seems that the Tripping mechanics were a bit buggy (from accounts it sounds like a "trip cancel" was possible, thus the Ink Drop was born) as well as things like Dash Dancing were still in, I recall Gimpyfish saying Sonic's was amazing.

Also, rumors and reports from a game demo are completely different. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom