• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm tired of Red and everything 1st and 2nd Gen. I was severely disappointed with HG/SS because they just reminded me of how bland 2nd Gen was.

Pokémon is not helping me in the nostalgia department anymore.
ITT: Spire losing his soul.

I'm surprised that you feel that way tbh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I like that better than having Blaziken and Latias separated. I hate Latias and Latios to begin with, so this would have been a much better legendary. Of course it would have been yet another Fire/Flying (which is probably why they cut the idea), but it's just more memorable imo. Better than having a digimon and some downsized red Lugia clone.
Um, what? Lati@s was Dragon/Psychic. If it did stay fire type we could have (finally) had a dragon/fire pokmon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Um, what? Lati@s was Dragon/Psychic. If it did stay fire type we could have (finally) had a dragon/fire pokmon.
My mistake. I was confusing Latias with Lugia, mixing Latias' Dragon type with Lugia's Flying.

Yeah, then it would have made an awesome Dragon/Fire Pokémon. Even better. I rest my case.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ITT: Spire losing his soul.

I'm surprised that you feel that way tbh.
As surprised as I am to say it, now that I think of it I kind of agree. I still have some nostalgia for first and second gen, but it seems like HG/SS only made me realize how much I love third gen and how much I'd love to see something brand-new in fifth gen.

2nd gen had a lot of content, and I have a lot of nostalgia from Johto, but it's ultimately a very boring region, as is Kanto. I barely had the motivation to keep playing HG/SS until I beat Red, and I still haven't bothered to go and do all of the post-Red stuff.

I couldn't say my nostalgia has disappeared, since, as I've said, my entire life is pretty much nostalgia, but I'd like something more than just nostalgia and the "same old" in fifth gen.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Your team is fail

Besides Pikachu, I don't see anything else that's fail. I mean Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur are pure win, Lapras if ****in awesome with it's shell thing and Snorlax...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU

I would agree on making Red's team slightly more powerful though, SLIGHTLY.

Or perhaps we can have Gold/Brendan/Diamond appear in this game and give them a team full of pokemon 1 level shy from surpassing Red (I DON'T want his title being taken away by... that thing again
Roach, he is overrated. a Pikachu? Fail. Lapras? LOL. And I hate Venasaur with a passion. Only half is team is decent to me, and it's such an obvious set up. Snorlax is the bomb, though.

I want to see trainers with good pokemon setups. Not really metagame setups, but when a trainer has like 5 same weaknesses it's not fun, it's dumb and easy. I want to see some skill here.

And Bar-Sandstorm, my other teams do suck. I'm not the best battler around.

I'm tired of Red and everything 1st and 2nd Gen. I was severely disappointed with HG/SS because they just reminded me of how bland 2nd Gen was.

Pokémon is not helping me in the nostalgia department anymore.
That's very surprising, but I actually had the same feeling. Though I think it was cause I played Pokemon 1 year nonstop right before HGSS. I played it so much I burnt out. Which is why other than finishing the Trainer Card I'm done with Pokemon 'till B/W.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hey.
Hey.

I used a (flying) Pikachu in my SS playthrough D:<

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah but see Korin. I put a combined total of 1135 hours in Diamond/Plat BEFORE hgss. I burned out, and only added like 300 more to SS. I think I'm done until December or so. This game comes out in the Spring, yeah? That should give me enough time to get the trainer card done. Then I can say I'll have White + SS's done. (I don't think I'm ever going back to do plat/diamond/ruby/emeralds/fire red's when it's all the same thing.

Anyways, I hope they add more fossil pokemon this time D=

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah but see Korin. I put a combined total of 1135 hours in Diamond/Plat BEFORE hgss. I burned out, and only added like 300 more to SS. I think I'm done until December or so. This game comes out in the Spring, yeah? That should give me enough time to get the trainer card done. Then I can say I'll have White + SS's done. (I don't think I'm ever going back to do plat/diamond/ruby/emeralds/fire red's when it's all the same thing.

Anyways, I hope they add more fossil pokemon this time D=
I hope they add better fossil Pokemon this time around -_-

majora_787

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't think I've ever gone through an entire pokemon game before. I've always never gotten SOMETHING done.

Silver Version, I beat Blue and called it a game.
Ruby/Sapphire Versions, I got Rayquaza and called it a game.
Platinum Version, I didn't finish the trainer card. But I did, thanks to my friends and the GTS, actually complete the ultimate goal.
Soul Silver Version, I still have several things I need to do.

But this reminds me of all the things I wish could be in one generation. I'd love to be able to keep a map on the bottom screen at all times like in 4th gen. I'd love to get calls for rematches like in the 2nd gen. I'd like the gym leader rematch system to work like the 2nd gen.

And I'd like a regional dex where you can actually get everything in the region. I doubt it's that hard to fix the Magnemite/Nosepass/Eevee problem.

But of course, that's probably not gonna happen.

And yeah, we need good fossils. I actually liked at least one of each fossil pair in the 3rd and 4th, but I don't think we get ENOUGH fossils. 1st gen, we got three fossil families.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I actually liked the vs. seeker more than the call for rematch thing :/

M.K

Level 55
My problem with HG/SS was the fact that they had already stuffed so much 2nd Generation Content into both FireRed/LeafGreen, Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Truly, I believe, if there was no absolute way to obtain a Pokemon such as Aipom through the games listed above, I would've been more excited to catch said Pokemon in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Sadly, I feel like I just saw everything coming, and nothing was "fresh". I've killed god-knows-how-many Steelixs through D/P/Pt, so Jasmine's Steelix is no longer this "OMFG WHAT THE ****" Pokemon. Likewise with Pryce's Piloswine, Whitney's Miltank, and Bugsy's Scyther. It just wasn't fresh enough because they've been using "catch teh 2nd gen pokeyz" as a gimmick for at least two generations now.

Though I love them still, that's how Pokemon works. I love them, but not as much...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm still disapointed it only got a average review of 8.5 or so. Hoping B/W brings n good numbers.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The main characters being older is a good start, IMO. If they have the same layout, (like getting all the badges, beat the bad guys, and beat the Pokemon league and become a Pokmeon Master), then ratings of 8's or lower will be issued. That's basically the flaw of Pokemon now, it's almost the route on the story.

M.K

Level 55
The main characters being older is a good start, IMO. If they have the same layout, (like getting all the badges, beat the bad guys, and beat the Pokemon league and become a Pokmeon Master), then ratings of 8's or lower will be issued. That's basically the flaw of Pokemon now, it's almost the route on the story.
Hmm, I think I disagree. Just like how the Mario games haven't been marked down for a lack of a different storyline, I think the general public has accepted the fact that the Pokemon games have a general 8 badge storyline. Through four generations, I don't believe the games have been marked down because of the story.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think it was their obsession with fat things.

Fat Electivire
Fat Magmortar
Fat Tangrowth
Fat Togekiss
Fat Fat Fat.

Come on, I don't hate fat, but can't we stop?

M.K

Level 55
Magmortar only weighs like...149 lbs. To think I weigh more than a Magmortar makes me =(

My body does not look like an flaming egg :mad:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
HG/SS were remakes, they couldn't realistically have marked down the games for following the same pattern the games they were based on had. For whatever reason the average rating of HG/SS was an 8.5, it wasn't because it followed the same formula, because that would just be silly.

I also don't think the ratings will drop if they don't change the whole layout of the games, because there will be much anger from Pokémon fans if it strays too far off the path -- some will appreciate the change-up, others will bash it incessantly. They just need to do something to mix it up to make it more interesting and less of the same old, and I don't think that requires changing the layout.

The only games (aside from spin-offs) that didn't follow the traditional 8 badge formula were Colosseum and XD, both of which have received pretty mixed opinions by the fanbase and have rather poor Metacritic scores (73 and 64, respectively).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It could just be the reviewers being biased. There are series of games I know that never get amazing ratings because they are that series of games.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It could just be the reviewers being biased. There are series of games I know that never get amazing ratings because they are that series of games.
This. And it is very annoying at times.

Also, many, many people apparently like the PMD series, yet it receives poor ratings... probably because it's a dungeon crawler.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would have given D/P/Pt a 10 just for that girl in the min skirt

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Pignite? You mean Baycon right?

Anyways, Zoroark isn't it's US name apparently... any ideas on what it could be? Because if we lose Zoroark, I'm afraid that the new name is gonna be blegh... anybody think they're still gonna be calling Zoroark Zoroark when the game comes out though?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No you wouldn't. What the hells a Hikozaru?

What the hells a Chimchar?

Exactly.
A Hikozaru is obviously the japanese name for Chimchar.

I'll probably keep calling Zoroark Zoroark once teh english name comes out, unless the english name is a million times cooler

UberMario

Smash Master
I bet Zoroark will be the same in English, after all it's Spanish, not Japanese. lol

But of course there is Koiking which is english and had it's name changed over here . . . . so they might still change it.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
People who use Japanese names are just :/. "Hey guys, my Hassam is so awesome. Oh by the way, that's Scizor in case you don't know. Fu fu fu." People like that grind my gears.

I'm not remembering any of the names because localization's where it's at.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You pokemon fans know nothing about *** names being truoble, oh god.

"Oh man, M. Bison KILLS Balrog in this matchup."
"Wait, I thought it was the other way around?"
"Oh, sorry, I use the original Japanese names"
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom