• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Since Kanto and Johto were based two years apart, the Time Capsule thing was like a Time Machine from Kanto to Johto and back, it also served as the check to dissallow "undiscovered" Pokemon to that era.

Edit: Nobody knows that the Rock Capsule is. Its an event item, and its only role in your game is to be transferred, the Rock Capsule, game-text wise, is incredibly hard, quite possibly virtually indestructible, hence holding something worth keeping safe inside.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So why would you want rock capsule to be like that? Unless your saying 5th gen is based during the time period of kanto, not jhoto/the rest? >.>; I don't even know of the pokemon timeline...except kanto > jhoto

Edit: The Boy doesn't look bad.. 2nd gen > 1st gen > that one > 3rd > 4th

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And I know this is off topic, but I know for a fact that they're gonna do a gen 3 remake with those graphics. Gen 3 looks extremely outdated compared to this.
You don't know anything for a fact.

Third gen may look outdated, but not extremely, and just because third gen looks outdated doesn't indicate anything about it getting a remake.

I also detested Heatran. Not because of its great competitive usage but because of its **** design :mad:
I've loved Heatran ever since Spire pointed out to me the parallelism between Gorons and Heatran.

Lets also not forget of the Pubic Hair Pokemon Probopass. Has to be Nintendo's greatest fail as of yet.
...How does a mustache translate to pubic hair...?

I hate Probopass a lot, but that's because it's the evolution of a nose and has a mustache.

I'll be sure to torture you all as I'm playing through the Japanese version.
Maybe I should make this the first game I import from Japan to play. That's an experience in and of itself.

Why does everyone hate on Gen4...bar starters/legendaries, Gen3 was the weirdest. >_> But I like them all. The pics are droolable. I want to print them out and put them in my locker at school...
I found Gen 3 weird in a creative way. I found Gen 4 weird in a...uncreative, slapped together sense.

You don't think our current pokemon will be lost, like G/S > R/S do you? I was scared thats what you meant.
The only reason for the G/S > R/S transition was that the Game Boy and GBA couldn't interact with each other. I believe I heard the 3DS has DS compatibility, and this is going to be on the original DS anyways, so it's a moot point.

Time Capsule allowed you to trade Pokemon between the 1st and 2nd Gen games. What is the Rock Capsule though?

Thanks for posting MK. I lolfacepalmed at the cosplayer of the guy. Like seriously, we have one blurry image of the male trainer sprite, and people are going ape****. It's insane!
The worst part is he didn't even do what little he had to do correctly.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
If the 3DS can play gba games (though I doubt it) then I really doubt a 3rd gen remake will happen. However, if they don't allow it, I think there is a higher possibility of a remake.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm really disappointed that the design of characters in Pokemon went from this:

to this:

The eyes of the newer characters kills me. I like the simplistic, warm feel of the 1st/2nd gen designs. Felt so much more inviting. Now they're like aliens to me, especially with 3rd and 4th Gen's spaceage fashion, rather than normal baseball caps (like 1st, 2nd, and now 5th gen have).

M.K

Level 55
The first one always reminded me of someone that was DETERMINED to be a Pokemon Master.
Now it sorta just feels like the character falls randomly into that slot like "Oh, I'm the Pokemon Master what??? LOL!"

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Meh, I won't lie, that is sad. The 5th gen looks kinda cool to me though, guy and girl, 4th gen was a homo man. How would rock capsule being time capsule be cool at all, that'd be so stupid... >_>... (Sorry just still trying to comprehend that lol)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's nothing racist about it. Some people just need to get over themselves lol. We have white and black colored Nintendo DS's, why not the same for a game.
Have any of the DS's actually been called 'black'? I seem to remember them always called Cobalt or something else.

Weren't Digimon made after Pokes? Its basically impossibly for Pokes to look like Digimon unless they become humanoid and gain guns every once in a while.

...So who thinks Team Rocket will be in this game?
I'd kill for a plot that doesn't involve something ridiculous like flooding/drying the planet/making a new dimension. Team Rocket was awesome because they were just a bunch of greedy people and would take over towns and such.

What reason to we have for remakes?

I also notice the girl of this generation finally isn't wearing a completely bizarre and annoying hat, just a baseball cap. That makes me happy.
This. Glad to see they're working on making them not look ********. Last few times it just felt like they made the characters for the anime first, instead of the games.

Please no. That would make obtaining pokemon a *****.

You know how many patches of grass are in that game? Like 5 places.
So? No reaosn they can't add grass/scrub bush areas. Or heck, remember in RSE how you could go to that desert area? Just because there wasn't grass there didn't mean you wouldn't find wild pokemon in the sand when walking.

Is the male charcter wearing a Beenie/snowcap for a hat?
Wait woah. Does look like it. Infact, looks rather familiar somehow....

Spire

III
BRoomer
So? No reaosn they can't add grass/scrub bush areas. Or heck, remember in RSE how you could go to that desert area? Just because there wasn't grass there didn't mean you wouldn't find wild pokemon in the sand when walking.
Yeah, it's not like Gamefreak hasn't changed the regions in the remakes. Kanto and Johto got facelifts, alterations, and additions in FR/LG and HG/SS. Translating Orre from a GCN game to the DS would:
a) further bridge the handheld/console worlds of Pokemon
b) provide the developers a chance to flesh out a rather interesting "concept" region

Plus, if they were to go the route of the Shadow Pokemon again, Zoroark sure as hell fits the concept.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Mic, Blastoise doesn't count cause 1) he's awesome and 2) he was created before Digimon.

So it's pretty much imposibble to look like a Digimon now.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
With over 500 Pokemon, some are bound to resemble some Digimon here and there. Nothing is ever 100% original.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Pshaw.... The DAY that i see a pokemon based off of a digimon is the day Ash wins the Pokemon League...

UberMario

Smash Master
For some reason the new female trainer looks more like a "city slicker" than some of the others. imo

So since this will be most likely be released before the 3DS comes to markets, I guess it's safe to assume Ash won't be returning to Johto, because that would take too long if they try to get him to enter whatever land along the release date.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yes, but the only thing he did was battle the Frontier Brains for the most part, I was suprised he didn't visit any of the gyms or the like, but they only spent one season in the return to Kanto.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Quoted from a random Youtube comment I looked at on the first page-

"in black version you get fried chicken and grape cool aid and live in detroit in white version you get a minivan with kids and a house in suburbia"

Not cool

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
People are just stuck-up and racist. Because they're stupid.

Anyways, the transferral of Orre into B/W would totally work and would give even more worth to the Pokemon franchise. There is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so if they plan on it.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I love me some shadow Pokemon.

I don't understand why people dislike Colo and XD, the Shadow Pokemon idea is cool.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The point is not to have Shadow Pokemon in Black/White, the point is to implement Orre's cities/design into Black/White, as it would be a huge step up from the "10-building" cities that we've come to know in previous generations.

-Terywj

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the 3d doesnt look any better really than the 3d from Gen4, it just looks like they made the towns/cities bigger and changed the camera angle. It looks pretty sloppy actually :/ hopefully itl look a lot nicer with clearer screens

Wrath`

Smash Master
I liked Colo and XD also, If they were to ever do an all region game it should be like Colo or XD with 3d battles

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
the 3d doesnt look any better really than the 3d from Gen4, it just looks like they made the towns/cities bigger and changed the camera angle. It looks pretty sloppy actually :/ hopefully itl look a lot nicer with clearer screens
It has happened every single gen.

The first screens from each Gen look terribad in comparison to the final product.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't understand why people dislike Colo and XD, the Shadow Pokemon idea is cool.
I just dislike how Colo wasn't what I thought it would be, a Pokemon Stadium successor. XD was good too but still un-PS.

Also if Orre is used, what cities could be implemented for gyms and would any new cities need to be added?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this feels so soon, even though were coming off of a remake here and DP is really old now, it just seems odd that im not even done HG yet and theres screens from a gen 5 coming out in like 6 months or so

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
this feels so soon, even though were coming off of a remake here and DP is really old now, it just seems odd that im not even done HG yet and theres screens from a gen 5 coming out in like 6 months or so
I'm just glad these games won't end up being 3DS exclusives, which would had probablly happened if the games were released a year or 2 later. If that were to happen, I'd be buying a 3DS just for Pokemon B/W and possibly the RSE remakes (whenever they happen).

Mewter

Smash Master
I was hoping Fifth Generation would be on the 3DS, actually. :\
Nintendo could have gotten more work in there and make it run more smoothly.

Plus, it would give everyone more time to save up. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd rather have it on the DS, simply because there's no way a 3DS costs less than a 2DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom