• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Why does everyone hate on Gen4...bar starters/legendaries, Gen3 was the weirdest. >_> But I like them all. The pics are droolable. I want to print them out and put them in my locker at school...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My thoughts:

Blurry pictures are blurry
That city looks bland
Poké Center (if that's what if is) got a much-deserved update

That's it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Zoroark is clearly using a move which appears to be Dark Pulse.

So the status bars and stuff disappear when you attack.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And for this reason, I'm ****ing jetting from this thread as soon as the games hit Japan. I want my experience with it to be the same as it was when Diamond and Pearl came out: untampered. I don't want to know what the hell all these new Pokemon are and what they learn before I even touch the game. In a lot of ways, I don't even want to know the mechanics. I might even leave this thread the moment they start talking about that kind of stuff.
I second this. My entire D/P/Pt experience was ruined by Nintendo Power, spoilerific friends, and the Mukking anime

:mad:

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, I've always wanted to abstain from the game pre-release information....but can I last? I highly doubt it. I'd much rather not kill myself over keeping the games secret because I'll most likely have to look things up anyways after the release.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Zoroark is clearly using a move which appears to be Dark Pulse.

So the status bars and stuff disappear when you attack.
Dumb, in my opinion. They basically just added a bit more environment and flashiness to the old battle sequence. And if they have to get rid of your status bar to show off the moves, then that likely means the animations will be longer and thus slow it down. Assuming this is true, the battling is going to be one of my least favorite parts of this game.

I have the same issue with basically any semi-3D to 3D battle-style.

I second this. My entire D/P/Pt experience was ruined by Nintendo Power, spoilerific friends, and the Mukking anime

:mad:
In all honesty, I didn't even know about Diamond/Pearl's existence until I was able to reserve it. And I did so and only kept track of when the game actually came out. Those were simpler times for me then, because I didn't spend my time on a site talking about Pokemon and for the most part I didn't have friends who played either. I didn't even know about Serebii until after the game's release. My D/P experience was VERY good because of this, as was my experience with games before it. HG/SS wasn't as great of an experience to me because I knew too much before release. So expect me to dip out some time soon from this topic. I know for a fact that I can hold out until release.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If they Muk over the 5th Generation Pokemon I'm going to be greatly disappointed. Those screenshots look truly amazing.

Of course, I don't want to buy a 3DS just to play this game, however...

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I bought a handheld (or borrowed in the case of the GBA, although it eventually became mine) specifically for the ability to play the 1st and 3rd gen games, so if these were released on the 3DS only I'd probably have to keep to tradition and buy the handheld specifically for the games. After all, it's tradition. And I honestly wouldn't mind anyway. I don't really give a **** about money.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I cannot tell you how many people would love that.

If you want them on you can have it on (me)
If you don't, then you can turn if off (stupid people)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You don't think our current pokemon will be lost, like G/S > R/S do you? I was scared thats what you meant.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They could have had Zorua/Zoroark following them, though.

Or a Gen 1-4 Pokemon.

:/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just as a reminder, Pokemon Sunday Starts in about 35 minutes.

and I'll be watching it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
They could have also just not have partner Pokemon put in the game yet too. You know, because that kind of stuff happens sometimes. The chance of it is slim yes, but it's still a possibility.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmmm, it doesn't matter either way. <.< I just don't want to experience a G/S > R/S/E thing ever again. If the new games made you start fresh i'd be so sad..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
FFFFFFFFFFf
I forgot to factor in Daylight savings time

NOW its in 40 minutes >.>

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
FFFFFFFFFFf
I forgot to factor in Daylight savings time

NOW its in 40 minutes >.>
I trusted you. ;-;

---

Has anyone noticed that the shadows under the Pokemon in battle are REAL shadows now? Not the "BLACK OVAL THAT IS PROPORTIONAL TO SIZE" shadows they were using before?

Though for some reason Zoroark's left leg isn't attached to his shadow, but they'll probably/hopefully change that before release.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh, hey, They leaked the general plot for black and white!

A main character ten years of age and of the players specified gender is entrusted with the task of finding and capturing every type Pokemon in order to fill up an electronic encyclopedia with information about them! On his/her journey, the player will travel all across the land, defeat a series of Pokemon gyms and their powerful leaders, confront their rival who was a member of their hometown, thwart the plans of an evil organization, discover and catch the legendary Pokemon of the land, and eventually fight the team of 4 elite trainers in the Pokemon league and their master, the champion, to be a Pokemon master! You'll also see the return of your old favorites like geodude, rattata, and zubat!
Can't wait.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Awww man, the annoying ones are coming back for another 5 years. I was kinda hoping that they would cut these out. Another question, how are these old favorites?

And was there any doubt what the general plot line would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom