• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Awww man, the annoying ones are coming back for another 5 years. I was kinda hoping that they would cut these out. Another question, how are these old favorites?

And was there any doubt what the general plot line would be?
YHBT

Also, no doubt here.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
EDIT: Whoops wrong thread button. Meant to post this up in the sprite shop place.

But I still wish that Game Freak would obliterate that rock thing. I get happy when it uses explosion on itself. That also goes for its evos.

:mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I am watching Pokemon Sunday as we speak.

Not sure why but they're showing off that one Episode where Ash catches a Charmander.

Never watched the show before so I don't know if they play old episodes in it or not.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like Golem =( Gen5 looks cool, so excited... hope the trainers use AR like Lance has/does

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I am in the process of watching REAL Pokemon Sunday.

I'll bring information to you guys the second I see it.

Mewter

Smash Master
My initial reactions:
-OMG 3D
-Oh wait, some of it looks sloppy.
-Can we go behind the skyscrapers?
-I hope the trainers aren't all emo.
-They might have ruined the Pokemon Center, but it could be nice.
-I hope the music balances the graphics out.

Yeah, those were somewhat depressing thoughts. :\

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My initial reactions:
-OMG 3D
-Oh wait, some of it looks sloppy.
-Can we go behind the skyscrapers?
-I hope the trainers aren't all emo.
-They might have ruined the Pokemon Center, but it could be nice.
-I hope the music balances the graphics out.

Yeah, those were somewhat depressing thoughts. :\
It's a DS, what do you expect. It's not like it has the power of a console or anything.

Mewter

Smash Master
What I mean by sloppy 3D is the shadows of the trainer and the Pokemon if you view them at certain angles. For example, Zoroark's left leg and the shadow of the trainer in the Poke Center. The 3D itself is great for the DS, but it's the places where it wasn't so well implemented or where it clashes with other stuff.

The rest has nothing to do with it being on the DS. Like, I hope the music isn't heavy metal or happy-go-lucky kid music.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be great. I wonder if we'll be able to have more control over the movement of the character (instead of the usual up/down/left/right).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
3 things:

1. Green and Red Text showed up once. It was very hyped, related to Black and White, and seems very important. Not sure what it means but its obviously good.
2. Game confirmed for 2010 in Japan, what seems to be a fall release IIRC from the Japanese release date stuff I've seen before.
3. Japan is getting a new event. The Event? It gives you a something.... Thats right, a something, the something was masked over with a Circle and a Question mark. From what I know about Japanese events, its the Rock Capsule.

Theres your Gen V report from Pokemon Sunday.

Spire

III
BRoomer
HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** I CALLED IT!!!!!

I so ****ing called it! I kept saying, "I bet they're going to base it in a big city," and look what they did. God****, Zook and I called out 5th Gen :D

Ehem, pardon my French.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Isn't it amazing what our PokeCenter Moderators are capable of?
I love you guys.

Your censors are all unnecessarey when you swear with :089:.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh just to say....

SOMETHING is going to be revealed by next Pokemon Sunday. There were two things that looked like that were being hidden (one of which was only on screen for a few seconds and didn't make much of an impression so I forgot about it).

Theres an event to be revealed.
And something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to be revealed.

Mewter

Smash Master
Do you think the event may involve the Rock Capsule?
Random, unused, mysterious items just floating around in the game's library are fun for speculation. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
I find "Mukking" to be an incredibly dumb psuedonym for a curse word. This hatred seems to stem from my equivalent hate of the slang "effing".
Either say it or not. You're dumb in the middle, good on both ends (Oh shoot! vs. Muk! vs. ****!!!!)

EDIT: OH and there is something interesting on Serebii lemme go find it :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's our own signature meme. If you don't like it, don't use it. You will be disrespected if you don't though, so it won't hurt to Muk around.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
I find "Mukking" to be an incredibly dumb psuedonym for a curse word. This hatred seems to stem from my equivalent hate of the slang "effing".
Either say it or not. You're dumb in the middle, good on both ends (Oh shoot! vs. Muk! vs. ****!!!!)

EDIT: OH and there is something interesting on Serebii lemme go find it :D
Yeah I feel the same way, which is why I don't use "mukking" at all. It's pussyfooting normal swearing and is just all kinds of lame.

Judging from the screen of Zoroark fighting Zorua in a giant desert with a city in the background, do you think this game could be based in Orre?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I will give Gamefreak my babies if they make a Portable Orre

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love to go back to Orre I doubt that's the setting for Black and White. The cities in Orre aren't as big as they appear in the new photos.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Please no. That would make obtaining pokemon a *****.

You know how many patches of grass are in that game? Like 5 places. And that would be because they had shadow Mukking Pokemon in Mukking Colosseum.

M.K

Level 55
It's our own signature meme. If you don't like it, don't use it. You will be disrespected if you don't though, so it won't hurt to Muk around.

-Terywj
No I won't be disrespected, and you are being an elitist prick for saying that. Stop acting so caddy, the community (like you would like to think it does) doesn't actually revolve around you and your **** slogans.

I'm trying to find something on Serebii; sorry that the lameness in this thread is distracting me...

EDIT: And also perhaps the chronic instability of SerebiiForum's bitrate. Jesus.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lol dude. You need to calm down. I was only kidding. Since when does the PokeCenter involve around me? It's lead by Spire and Chill, not me.

It's just a random fun meme.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do you think the event may involve the Rock Capsule?
Random, unused, mysterious items just floating around in the game's library are fun for speculation. :laugh:
It's either Celebi or the Rock Capsule.

Or some event is going to come flying out of the blue the NOBODY expected.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Whats rock capsule, and whats orre? >.>;

I want celebi event v.v

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Rock Capsule is the first item that has truely stumped the Pokemon community.
The only purpose of it is to be transferred to a different game. There is NO coding in it other than that.

Orre is the Region in the gamecube games with all the Shadow Pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
Great joke. You should do stand up. I'm sure you'll have the crowd jumping to their deaths in no time flat.

Serebii is bogged down with fanboys 'gasm'ing over the simplest of pictures.
Basically they already ripped the Female Lead Sprite, and created a full back-sprite for Zoroark, as well as fan art of the boy/girl from...well, from 4Chan, but it's actually nice to see what the main characters could look like.
I'll update As soon as Serebii decides to stop imitating a Slowpoke.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Great joke. You should do stand up. I'm sure you'll have the crowd jumping to their deaths in no time flat.

Serebii is bogged down with fanboys 'gasm'ing over the simplest of pictures.
Basically they already ripped the Female Lead Sprite, and created a full back-sprite for Zoroark, as well as fan art of the boy/girl from...well, from 4Chan, but it's actually nice to see what the main characters could look like.
I'll update As soon as Serebii decides to stop imitating a Slowpoke.
Awesome, looking forward to it :) Man I swear, the fanbase behind Pokémon is unlike any other. Like, there are those super devotees out there who when shown even a few screens spend mass amounts of time making derivative artwork and such, it's insane. Kind of reminds me of me and Zelda, but on a bigger scale.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Rock Capsule's design seems quite ridiculous, since there are so many ways to interpret it.

If it is anything like the Time Capsule I will actually be quite pleased with 5th Generation.

-Terywj

M.K

Level 55
LOL I know right? Get this:

The fan art of the girl was posted 50 minutes (50 MINUTES) after the reveal of the screenshots in the hours of the night.

Yeah, it's an edit of Lyra. But....I mean, right? It's nice to ponder.

Bigger sprite, then smaller sprite. And it's lower-quality, and it's STILL better quality (to me) then the D/P/Pt sprites ^__^

Full Zoroark back sprite.

Fan-art of boy. I might actually play as the girl >_<<

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can't see orre being 5th gen, they'll want something new. What did the Time Capsule do? >_>

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can't see orre being 5th gen, they'll want something new. What did the Time Capsule do? >_>
Time Capsule allowed you to trade Pokemon between the 1st and 2nd Gen games. What is the Rock Capsule though?

Thanks for posting MK. I lolfacepalmed at the cosplayer of the guy. Like seriously, we have one blurry image of the male trainer sprite, and people are going ape****. It's insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom