• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Their trade rooms are horrible too. I never can get anything there? <.< I'm kinda immature on this though... the spanish version of pokemon black will make me laugh...

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Just curious, since Crimson and Scarlet are both shades of red, why apply Scarlet to Sapphire? AzureSapphire makes a lot more sense (or any other color really). >_>
I was thinking the same thing.
I used to go on serebiiforums, then realized how ******** it was....

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You know, names/regional influence aside, I want to see this gen do what gen4 did. Gen4 made a lot of crap pokemon better. Rhyperior, Gliscor, Electivire(which should be BL >.>;),Mismaigus, Honchkrow...messing these names up so bad... anyways... I want to see them continue with that. I liked the concept of NU to UU/OU

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
You know, names/regional influence aside, I want to see this gen do what gen4 did. Gen4 made a lot of crap pokemon better. Rhyperior, Gliscor, Electivire(which should be BL >.>;),Mismaigus, Honchkrow...messing these names up so bad... anyways... I want to see them continue with that. I liked the concept of NU to UU/OU
I just want a Pinsir evolution and I'll be happy. :<

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I want him to be iighting too so he outclasses Heracross. Heracross has given me a phobia of beetles...due to massive **** in Battle Tower... I hate him..so much ._.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just curious, since Crimson and Scarlet are both shades of red, why apply Scarlet to Sapphire? AzureSapphire makes a lot more sense (or any other color really). >_>
Why colors?

I'm thinking MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire will do. :p
/inb4"aquaisacolor>_>"

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm mostly interested in the starters. I have a feeling that they're either going to be amazing this time around or terrible. Hoping for the former of course.

I made a thread that caught fire about a year ago over which gen had the best starters (not just stat-wise), and the results ended up looking like this: RBY > RSE > DPPt > GSC

I'm hoping B/W's starters will be able to top RSE's, but nothing will ever compare to the RBY starters. They're too nostalgic.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
^ I want him to be iighting too so he outclasses Heracross. Heracross has given me a phobia of beetles...due to massive **** in Battle Tower... I hate him..so much ._.
Dark/Fighting/Steel would be fine, I don't care which they pick. But to me, Pinsir's just too much of a ****** 'not' to have an evolution. Banette too. x:

Why colors?

I'm thinking MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire will do. :p
/inb4"aquaisacolor>_>"
...Oh wow, I never thought about it like that. xD Maybe TerraRuby and MarineSapphire?

Mewter

Smash Master
Hopefully these games bring a change of storyline and alignment this time around.
Getting Black and playing as a Rocket would be sick!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm on the same page as you, I pointed out a few times already in the thread that they're both shades of red.

But people still seem to be convinced that we've gotten some sort of confirmation for them.

Stat-wise they improved them.

Design-wise they ruined them.

The new evolutions suck and have made the previously awesome Pokémon useless -- after all, who's going to use Electabuzz when you can evolve into Electivire to get better stats? You can't, unless you're playing to lose.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Pretty much posting to sub, but OMGGG.

If the "ying-yang legendaries" idea has been mentioned yet here, I could totally see that happening.

And I would LOVE to be a rocket/whatever member in black, but I seriously doubt nintendo would do that. Do they even have games where you play as the bad guy? let alone an e-rated one?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm mostly interested in the starters. I have a feeling that they're either going to be amazing this time around or terrible. Hoping for the former of course.

I made a thread that caught fire about a year ago over which gen had the best starters (not just stat-wise), and the results ended up looking like this: RBY > RSE > DPPt > GSC

I'm hoping B/W's starters will be able to top RSE's, but nothing will ever compare to the RBY starters. They're too nostalgic.
Replace the RSE with the GSC and you would make the proper list. 3rd gen starters look like complete failures.

And come to think of it the legendaries could be based off of ying and yang. There's no need to try and top Arceus.

Tamoo

Smash Master
with regards to the whole 'why scarlet and crimson when its sapphire and ruby' thing, it's a common misconception about sapphire that it's blue. I work with sapphire every day and it's actually white, and i've worked with sapphire that is red before, but have never been given any sapphire that is blue to work with so really, sapphire and ruby to me is just like it being red and red anyway, so crimson and scarlet works for me :)

And it should just be B/W, everyone knows it's gonna be black and white from that

Also, yeah def replace RSE with GSC there, GSC was pretty **** in terms of starters compared to the latter gens

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Mkay, now that newly instated "Discuss names only" rule is now gone.

Now, to make sure I say this first....

HOLY MUK THAT CITY LOOKS EPIC
HOLY MUK A COMPLETELY NEW BATTLE SYSTEM
HOLY MUK MARKET IN A POKEMON CENTER
HOLY MUK ALL THIS 3D

That about covers my initial reactions.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I couldn't even react like that. My initial reaction was just "Holy ****."

Because I don't think there were words to express how much amazingness I felt there was seen.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm going to say it right now.

From these pictures, I can say with faith...

Johto is going to lose its title as #1, very soon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That city looks like a legitimate city, with skyscrapers going off the screen surrounding you, this looks amazing.

Overall they seem to be changing more of it over/close to that super psuedo-3D they have in places like the Lighthouse balcony, and I love that camera angle. The graphical upgrade that HG/SS got is starting to look pathetic now...

And the in-battle picture is epic! They actually have a full view of your Pokémon, and those standing areas look interesting. Although, I wonder if that's just the picture or what, but Zorua looks a little smaller and distorted in that picture. This confirms sprites though, which makes me really happy.

That cave picture reminds me of this picture, which I stumbled upon on Google images some time back.

Cycling Road (or what I assume is Cycling Road) has some epic 3D, too. Due to the glare, it's a little hard to notice unless you zoom in on the picture in the top left, in what looks like the starting town.

I also notice the girl of this generation finally isn't wearing a completely bizarre and annoying hat, just a baseball cap. That makes me happy.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm going to say it right now.

From these pictures, I can say with faith...

Unless they **** up the Pokemon and make them very hard to love.

Although it seems to me like they're actually trying REALLY hard with this one to do something new to the series. I don't know how to explain it, but the pictures make the game feel a little...real to me. I had the same feeling when I played the original Gold and Silver (only not quite to the same caliber), and I think it was what made me love those games as much as I did.

Although the new battle style, at least to me, feels like Digimon. Nothing they can really do to fix that (there's really no other way to implement a 3D sequence battle style while following classic Pokemon), but it's still there.

The picture of the city basically makes my heart melt though. Every time I look at it I smile.

EDIT: Yeah, I noticed no Pokemon following her too. Doesn't really bother me though. Sure it was cool and all, but for the most part they just kinda sat there for me. I didn't really get involved in the whole talking to it and collecting stuff part.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
One thing some of you may not notice because you're too busy being wowed is that the girl has no Pokemon following her.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's a little disappointing...I mean, it didn't do very much, but it's harmless to keep in, and this means they're back to their old ways of implementing a new feature then getting rid of it, and likely adding it back in the third game or the next generation or something.

I'm going to miss having something awesome like Steelix follow me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It really shouldn't matter to me considering how I've lost my plat and can't exactly get all my awesome Pokemon from it.

Wait..... on that topic....

It looks like the Time Machine will return, won't it?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Something others also didn't seem to notice is cars. ****ING CARS.

I feel like these games, at least from the pics they released thus far, are going to be MUCH more industrial-based than the past games. I'm pretty sure all of you picked up on that too (considering the skyscrapers and all), but I still thought I'd say it. I don't believe the cities in the bridge picture and actual city picture are the same city, and the fact that the bridge is basically an overpass tells me so as well.

And this tells me that this game is likely set in an area of Japan that isn't near any of the current regions.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I didn't notice the cars because that picture was blurry.

>:[

M.K

Level 55
*jaw drops*

*Trys to talk* Unghawbunllaww....

*picks jaw back up*

This looks absolutely serene and amazing. I love every single picture to death! OH, and remember everyone, the pre-release D/P pictures were really low quality too, so if THIS is their idea of a pre-release picture, I am ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC!!!!!

Tacel

Smash Lord
It's like Pokémon + Animal Crossing.
This is going to be SO FREAKiNG COOL!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, Serebii better not be pulling our legs with those pictures. If that's true, I can't wait to be able to walk through a city that has actual skyscrapers. And I don't mean that ONE skyscraper in each major city, I mean full downtown. I have a feeling that this generation is going to be great.

Also, I wish you could be a Team Rocketere. I highly doubt that Nintendo will let you play as a member of an evil corporation who abuses animals by cutting off their tails and consuming/selling them.

And I know this is off topic, but I know for a fact that they're gonna do a gen 3 remake with those graphics. Gen 3 looks extremely outdated compared to this.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^^ Those pictures are soooo amazing. I really think Gen5 is going to be great. It's awesome, because pokemon is the only series that I know that has lasted so long and not "taken in too far"

Too what Firus said, I think Gen4 looked good, and I'm very picky. Only one I detested was Rhyperior, and maybe Magmortar, but magmar has balls on its head anyways.

**Hopes we get a dark/dragon this game**

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I also detested Heatran. Not because of its great competitive usage but because of its **** design :mad:

Lets also not forget of the Pubic Hair Pokemon Probopass. Has to be Nintendo's greatest fail as of yet.

I'm hoping B/W brings a Kangaskan prevo. I hope that the little baby in its pouch has a life of its own XD

:mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like Heatran, but not Probopass. Still, got to give them credit. In 15 years, something usually becomes ******** and stupid, but pokemon is amazing. 4th Gen may have flaws here and there, but the majority is cool. (Toxicroakkkkk). Just saying, looking at the new 5th gen pokemon (which is the coolest pre-release poke I've ever seen), I have high hopes for the future. =]

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Ok, Ive been trying to keep my cool about this game but OH MY MUKKING GOSH! The 3d not only is in the battles is amazing! I didn't even know the DS could do so much. Looks a bit like Pokemon Colliseum. Imagine the first one on the 3DS. Yikes!

EDIT: The shop in the Poke Center thing is gonna save lots of time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Colosseum was WAAAAAAAAAY more graphically powerful than this.

Its the 3DS that will bring the handheld's graphical power into the Gamecube Era, as Nintendo claims.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I am not looking forward to the release date. I had migraines and some of my hair was actually falling out from stress and hype over the release of HGSS. B/W looks like it surpasses HGSS every way imaginable. I am not looking forward how this game will affect me the day that it comes out :(

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll be sure to torture you all as I'm playing through the Japanese version.

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Man, I am not looking forward to the release date. I had migraines and some of my hair was actually falling out from stress and hype over the release of HGSS. B/W looks like it surpasses HGSS every way imaginable. I am not looking forward how this game will affect me the day that it comes out :(

The DAY it comes out? I think I'm gonna catch pneumonia or a family member will die that week.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Is it me, or is zoroark using dark pulse in the pic
NEVER
Good graphics<nostalgia

3rd gen starters look like complete failures.
Treeko is a gecko, Geckos are win

Torchic becomes Blaziken, whom kicks ***

Mudkip is FRIGGIN MUDKIP!

Your argument has become invalid.

HOLY MUK THAT CITY LOOKS EPIC
HOLY MUK A COMPLETELY NEW BATTLE SYSTEM
HOLY MUK MARKET IN A POKEMON CENTER
HOLY MUK ALL THIS 3D

That about covers my initial reactions.
My thought exactly.

I have high hopes for gen 5, one being it isnt gay like gen 4.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I would get the japanese version, but **** it, I don't understand japanese and I suck at trying to understand what people are telling me...

I would've done the same thing with HGSS but for the aforementioned reason, I didn't

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'll be sure to torture you all as I'm playing through the Japanese version.
And for this reason, I'm ****ing jetting from this thread as soon as the games hit Japan. I want my experience with it to be the same as it was when Diamond and Pearl came out: untampered. I don't want to know what the hell all these new Pokemon are and what they learn before I even touch the game. In a lot of ways, I don't even want to know the mechanics. I don't want to know if they've included new types or have done an even bigger inclusion as to how the battle system operates (like the physical/special split or Special stat split). I'll likely even leave this thread the moment they start talking about that kind of stuff. If I know beforehand, the game loses a lot of its value the first time I play through it. Because nothing really surprises me.

Also, did anyone notice how the battle screen between Zoroark and Zorua doesn't have anything but the sprites displayed? I wonder just how much they're going to be implementing the second screen into everything. I personally preferred having my HP and stuff still show up next to my Pokemon, so if it's on the bottom screen now then it's going to be kinda weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom