• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Im soooo getting black version.

You know whats funny... when me and my brother were little we said that we wished they would make a game with Johto and Kanto in 1 game (HG/SS)

And i promise this is true... we said something about a black and white version xD. Its like nintendo is stealing our ideas lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm just glad these games won't end up being 3DS exclusives, which would had probablly happened if the games were released a year or 2 later. If that were to happen, I'd be buying a 3DS just for Pokemon B/W and possibly the RSE remakes (whenever they happen).
I would much much rather the title be on the 3DS. It's stupid for it not to tbqh

Would have been a system seller.

Imagine a pokemon game on a handheld system launch.

Seriously, imagine it.

No really, keep thinking about it.

Most successful hardware launch of all time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But we in a recession Chibo. We gotz no moniezzz. =(((((
What are you talking about? The American economy is on the rise again. I would much rather these games be refined for the 3DS and thus pushed back to its launch.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm glad I'm not the only one that wanted this on the 3DS.

And ETWIST if you're still at school you should move here, you get paid for it if you're over 16.

Tamoo

Smash Master
That's only if you're family income is below a certain level though isn't it? Still, £30 is preety good for just going to school

also, what's all this starmie business, I happen to love that little star but don't wanna get dragged into what I can only presume is a war lol

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I'm glad its not on the 3DS. I don't have the money.

But I'm not surprised its not anyways.

3D is brand spankin' new. Yeah we had red and blue glasses as kids. But 3D as we know it now is the latest advancement in media. You have the 3D movies, and now getting to 3D tvs, 3D games... it takes time to make. Pokemon does as well. Nintendo wasn't going to wait around for a few years for technology to advance far enough to make a great game on the 3DS when they could make it now.

If they would have put it on the 3DS, it for sure would have been a launch title. If it would have been a launch title, it would have been choppy, sloppy, and probably the worst pokemon game to date.

Some people are saying it themselves. Pokemon is Nintendo's best money makers. Especially for their handhelds. You don't experiment with money makers. Be happy it's not on the 3DS, now they have time to perfect the system and get the most out of it before they put a pokemon game on it. And maybe they'll price drop the 3DS before then too.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure they'll get around to putting some kind of Pokemon game on the 3DS eventually. I guess they figured there's really no reason to try and force it so soon. And Pokemon is a huge money maker anyway. Nintendo can put "Pokemon" on a regular cardboard box and people will buy it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's only if you're family income is below a certain level though isn't it? Still, £30 is preety good for just going to school

also, what's all this starmie business, I happen to love that little star but don't wanna get dragged into what I can only presume is a war lol
Yeah but after 1 week you'll be able to afford B&W. And I'm not sure how much a 3DS would cost, the Wii was £120 so it can't be that much more.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad its not on the 3DS. I don't have the money.

But I'm not surprised its not anyways.

3D is brand spankin' new. Yeah we had red and blue glasses as kids. But 3D as we know it now is the latest advancement in media. You have the 3D movies, and now getting to 3D tvs, 3D games... it takes time to make. Pokemon does as well. Nintendo wasn't going to wait around for a few years for technology to advance far enough to make a great game on the 3DS when they could make it now.

If they would have put it on the 3DS, it for sure would have been a launch title. If it would have been a launch title, it would have been choppy, sloppy, and probably the worst pokemon game to date.

Some people are saying it themselves. Pokemon is Nintendo's best money makers. Especially for their handhelds. You don't experiment with money makers. Be happy it's not on the 3DS, now they have time to perfect the system and get the most out of it before they put a pokemon game on it. And maybe they'll price drop the 3DS before then too.
This post is incredibly ignorant.

Was Twilight Princess one of the worst Zelda titles?

Did launch PS3 games look worse than PS2 games?

Does no one have a job?

M.K

Level 55
I ain't gotta jobbbbb.
I just ask my parents and dey lob the benjaminz at me like whhhhhhhhhhhoooooaahhhhhh!

In other words, I simply ask my parental figures for monetary aid and they provide me with substantial funds to satisfy my extracurricular and media friendly requirements.

HOLLA.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
This post is incredibly ignorant.

Was Twilight Princess one of the worst Zelda titles?

Did launch PS3 games look worse than PS2 games?

Does no one have a job?
Seriously? You play games for graphics? That's a true gamer right there.

Actually, yeah. TP was one of the worst Zelda games. It was graphically beautiful. It was fun to swing your sword around like an idiot. But do I play Zelda to swing a sword or to stare at graphics? No. And you're not a true fan of the series if thats honestly what you play the game for. It was short, and just lacked in consistency. The way almost every Nintendo launch title does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Wii

Look at that. Just look. Now tell me Nintendo doesn't NEED to test the system before they throw out money makers. The one outlier is Luigi's Mansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_launches

Even the gameboy. Seriously. You wouldn't bother picking up 75% of these games even if you had nothing else to do.

These are basic facts. Companies need launch titles to test their limits. If you want Nintendo to throw away a potentially great game because "OMG 3D!" you're being the ignorant one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Now how many of those, GCN or Wii, were launch titles? Luigi's Mansion, the one outlier I've already claimed as such, and Wii sports, which hardly counts since if you bought a system, you bought the game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm suprised to see I'm not the only one who want these on the 3DS. The DS engine is starting to look dated now. Looking at Zoark's sprite it seems incredible pixelated. The characters look so flat against the 3D environments.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind at all if they waited and refined this for 3DS. I would rather have a great game later than a mediocre game soon, m'Irite?

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I'm not against the whole idea of having it on the 3DS, I just don't want them to do a rush job with it. And of course the screenshots of the game is going to look much worse than the actual graphics of the game. That pretty much goes for anything.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Yeah i would kinda want it to be for the 3DS but at the same time the DS is fine with me. I mean HG/SS looks pretty nice on the DS so i have no problem buying B/W for the DS. But it would be pretty cool if they put it on 3DS but i know i wouldnt be able to afford it for awhile lol. But my dad did just get a 800$ raise and once he gets back from war he is supposed to get some other bonus i think. So maybe i could afford it?? LOL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Actually, yeah. TP was one of the worst Zelda games. It was graphically beautiful. It was fun to swing your sword around like an idiot. But do I play Zelda to swing a sword or to stare at graphics? No. And you're not a true fan of the series if thats honestly what you play the game for. It was short, and just lacked in consistency. The way almost every Nintendo launch title does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Wii

Look at that. Just look. Now tell me Nintendo doesn't NEED to test the system before they throw out money makers. The one outlier is Luigi's Mansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_launches

Even the gameboy. Seriously. You wouldn't bother picking up 75% of these games even if you had nothing else to do.

These are basic facts. Companies need launch titles to test their limits. If you want Nintendo to throw away a potentially great game because "OMG 3D!" you're being the ignorant one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Now how many of those, GCN or Wii, were launch titles? Luigi's Mansion, the one outlier I've already claimed as such, and Wii sports, which hardly counts since if you bought a system, you bought the game.
I never said I play for graphics, show me where I said that.

Also imo Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games. After I was done it I almost liked it more than OOT (then I came to my senses lol), but it's probably my 2nd favorite.

Look at Twilight Princess, it was designed for the GameCube, then switched to the Wii. Guess what they got out of doing that... Slightly better graphics (why not?) and got to use what was special about the system (the controls).

So lets take BW here, originally designed for DS as we see, but what if they moved it to the 3DS? You're getting the same game, PLUS more. Nothing bad is happening by putting it on the new system. That ties into what I said about how launch PS3 titles are better technically than any PS2 game (even recent ones). They could keep the graphics the same for all I care (though from a more powerful system they could just enable certain effects simply that the DS couldnt handle and up the resolution (one of the biggest problems with 3D on the DS), and then add some of the 3DS specifics (3D, perhaps things like rumble, motion, camera, etc).

I personally would really like the idea of 3D (actual 3d) in pokemon. It would be best used for battles. Your pokemon appears closer to you than the opponents, moves fly in or out in perspective, etc. Perspective is already considered in battling in all DS pokemon games, and putting it on the 3DS and using the 3D technology would take the same concept and give it real depth. Why wouldn't we want this?

What bad does having BW on 3DS do besides having to buy a new system? I seriously can't think of a single thing. That's not even a bad thing really since it becomes a system seller. If you're so dissapointed with Nintendo launch titles, then you should WANT pokemon BW to be a 3DS launch title.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I never said I play for graphics, show me where I said that.

Also imo Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games. After I was done it I almost liked it more than OOT (then I came to my senses lol), but it's probably my 2nd favorite.
Stopped reading here.

Wind Waker.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol missed the whole argument. Wind Waker is right around TP for me, like right below it. The game just dragged on a little too much when finding the triforce pieces and stuff. I feel that the game could have also been longer. The game gets ultra major points though for the graphics and the sailing mechanic

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think you're all mistaken. The best Zelda games were obviously the CD ones.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
lol missed the whole argument. Wind Waker is right around TP for me, like right below it. The game just dragged on a little too much when finding the triforce pieces and stuff. I feel that the game could have also been longer. The game gets ultra major points though for the graphics and the sailing mechanic
I see you trying to argue that TP > WW

-1 rep.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Says you. Ratings (by both the public and the critics) have proven that it's in the upper echelon of Zelda games. And too short? The game was a good 35 hours long for a Zelda veteran's first playthrough. OoT seemed long back in '98, but play it today and it's far shorter than TP.

And for the record, TP and WW are equals to me. First of all, they were built on the same engine (though TP's engine was enhanced). Secondly, they differ enough to be seen for different values. WW had great characterization and concept, TP had great lore and world design, and their musical scores ring at the same frequency with me. They're balanced in my eyes.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
You'd almost think this thread's about Zelda or something lol. But getting back to Pokemon, I can't wait to see how the gyms are done in these game. I'm sure they're going to have some cool changes to them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well at least there's always a possiblity of the RSE remakes coming out on the 3DS.

I guess I'm the only one who feels like it's wayyyy to early to be disucssing RSE remakes.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Meh, not really. I was barely in middle school win R/S/E came out, now I'm about to graduate high school. Actually, no I was in 5th grade, that's elementary school. I'd like to see them soon. Then again, my memory is terrible.

And I'll say it again, the 3 CD Zelda games are by far the best. >_>

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
I understand the Holy Crap factor because it does seem like it was not that long ago, but thats all nostalgia creeping up on us. Although I have to say I was pretty surprised seeing it listed as 2002. I was only 7.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't object to a R/S/E remake, but seeing as how we JUST got a remake for Gold and Silver makes it seem unlikely we'll get one in the immediate future.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is seriously the first time its really hit me. I was 10 years old when R/S came out. Now that I think about it, I remember playing Ruby in Elementary School during recess.

The nostalgia... it hurts... My childhood is gone. :(

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The have a reason to remakes Gens 1 and 2 for compatability.
They don't have a reason to remake Gen 3.
Other than the fact that it prints money.

I bet $20 right now if they remake Gen 3 it'll be the worst selling mainstream Pokemon games of all time.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The have a reason to remakes Gens 1 and 2 for compatability.
They don't have a reason to remake Gen 3.
Other than the fact that it prints money.

I bet $20 right now if they remake Gen 3 it'll be the worst selling mainstream Pokemon games of all time.
I agree completely.

Also, anyone hoping that there will be more Fire-types this generation?

-Terywj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom