• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hitmongost

Yeah I doubt that's going to happen. The Hitmon family should cease to expand. There are many other Pokemon that need recognition first.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Yeah and maybe them have like a cooler look to them or like a mean look to them instead of being cute like Minun and Plusle lol.

Its voteing time!!!

Do you think they should make more eevee evos or do you think they should just keep what they already have?

I think they should make a dragon eevee evo but thats just me. What do yal think?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Kinda out there (and somebody most likely already posted this) but we need what Charizard "should've been"

Fire/Dragon - WOOT for only 3 weaknesses and 2 (if it levitates)

*drools*

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just want the game to be fun. Nice cities, good pokemon, moar zubats. I'm pretty excited. Also, I wonder if rock capsule ties into trading with 5th, but I don't get how. I think Rock Capsule gives you infinite Geodudes.

^ I want my Dark Dragon, I know it's weak to bug(?)/dragon/ice/fight, but still. Resists thunder/water/fire/ full resist psychic, resist ghost, and that just sounds ******.

Seriously, Stab on Crunch, Pursuit, Outrage, etc.

M.K

Level 55
Serebii says expect more pictures soon. I don't know if that means clearer pictures of the ones we have or new ones entirely.
Also, everyone needs to be on the lookout for people who slip information. It was a case last year that MOST reveals were fake, so let's not get in a tizzy about some new little crop up.
THAT BEING SAID: It was revealed last year that Serebii Joe knew ALL of the English names of all the 4th Gen Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl before they were released to the public, and he told a certain few people who "slipped" them into their posts in the old "What do you think their English names Will be?" thread.
If you see Serebii Joe post anything, it's most likely true. this is for anyone that stalks Serebii; no matter how deplorable it is, they are still the forefront source for Pokemon news and updates. Well, at least the main site is.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to wait and see what the exclusive Pokemon are on each version first for me to make a final decision. But I am leaning towards White.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I call dibs on black version lol.

Oh and i hope they can reveal some new pokemon pretty soon because 5th gen already looks pretty cool. Im soooo catching that dark pokemon that starts with a z (i think its called zorou or something like that)

I still wish they would have made black/white versions for 3DS but im kinda glad its for the regular DS that way i dont have to buy another system.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
You guys can just use this as the new fifth gen thread ok? We'll probably go through a few of these until we get more detailed information.

I honestly thought you were pulling my leg with the link. I like the new names, very classy and it takes us back to using colors. Will this make pokemon grey the 3rd game?
I would imagine grey would be the trio of the 5th generation then... That'd only make sense.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The sequel that came out of left field:
Pokemon last game we'll ever make edition!

Nobody ever saw it coming!

So we'll do it!

It'll print so much money!

....Muk now the Pokemon series is over there goes our million dollar bonuses.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The sequel that came out of left field:
Pokemon last game we'll ever make edition!

Nobody ever saw it coming!

So we'll do it!

It'll print so much money!

....Muk now the Pokemon series is over there goes our million dollar bonuses.
Pokemon is nowhere near final generation though... Are they?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm thinking that since the rules with threads like this are unrealistically strict I'm wanting to go make a: Pokémon Black and White // THEORY TO YOUR WISHES HERE thread

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because when you're restricted to a few pictures to talk about after about a week you're not left with any intelligent oversation anymore and this thread will eventually spiral into a giant infraction :X

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Because when you're restricted to a few pictures to talk about after about a week you're not left with any intelligent oversation anymore and this thread will eventually spiral into a giant infraction :X
Yeahhhh... You're right. lol. But really, it oughta be renamed. It's basically the 5th generation discussion. Read the first few posts. That's what I got out of it.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Lol

When I first heard about this, I thought it was a delayed April Fool's joke. Then I got bored, and, for the sake of not having anything tho do today, sat here and read 31 pages of lulz.

I actually forgot what I intended to post originally, but the whole Black-White thing basically sets the end of the series. Not that it couldn't happen. I personally thought that the 5th gen. was going to be Copper and Lead. But seriously, there's nothing really left (except maybe rock, dirt, plastic, and wood versions?).

And I've never even been in this section before. Lulz.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Lol

When I first heard about this, I thought it was a delayed April Fool's joke. Then I got bored, and, for the sake of not having anything tho do today, sat here and read 31 pages of lulz.

I actually forgot what I intended to post originally, but the whole Black-White thing basically sets the end of the series. Not that it couldn't happen. I personally thought that the 5th gen. was going to be Copper and Lead. But seriously, there's nothing really left (except maybe rock, dirt, plastic, and wood versions?).

And I've never even been in this section before. Lulz.
They still have gems and birthstones remaining though, don't they?

The series isn't coming to an end...

HotWings

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think that this is going to be the last gen of pokemon because they make waaaaaay to much money to just quit making more games for people to buy.

There are other games they could make like maybe... Pink and Purple version xD. Idk but there are more colors and gems that they could use.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I honestly dont think that this is going to be the last gen of pokemon because they make waaaaaay to much money to just quit making more games for people to buy.

There are other games they could make like maybe... Pink and Purple version xD. Idk but there are more colors and gems that they could use.
As far as that goes, those are only titles. They really mean nothing more then a specific name to set off the new generations.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo stated that Pokemon wasn't ending any time soon. Pokemon is Nintendo's third gold mine right beside Mario and Link. If you take out Pokemon, you lose A LOT of fan loyalty. I'm serious. Unless you give a satisfying enough series, fans won't get as pissed. Also, we still have the 3DS to think about. Even if it is ending soon, it won't be this gen since this one is still coming out on DS (yes thank the lord I don't want to waste 500 dollars to buy a console to JUST play ONE game) I'm guessing at least 3 more generations of annoying Geodudes, Tentacools, Zubats, Golbats, and Magikarps, it'll finally end

*shivers*

I want black though. I just like the color black. I really have nothing to worry about with the version exclusives because my friend has already stated that he is definately getting White unless Zoroark is a Black exclusive, unless it has a cooler counterpart. Maybe Zoroark could be an Arcanine/Ninetales deal maybe?

I'm hoping that B/W brings in a nice accessory with it. Maybe the could make something like the Pokewalker. Not a pedometer, but something else that could get the fans thinking more about the game. I have no idea what it could be though...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What'd be pretty sneaky is if it works with the Pokewalker but the only way to get one is via buying HG/SS

Mewter

Smash Master
Haha.

I don't think Pink and Purple would work. They like to use polarizing colors/themes which one half of the population likes and the other would take the other one over.

If Zoroark was a Black version exclusive, its White version counterpart would have to be pretty sick in order to compete with it. :p

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Haha.

I don't think Pink and Purple would work. They like to use polarizing colors/themes which one half of the population likes and the other would take the other one over.

If Zoroark was a Black version exclusive, its White version counterpart would have to be pretty sick in order to compete with it. :p
Black, White, and Grey aren't symbolizing the end of the series though at all. They went from Primary Colors, to Gems, and I'm assuming the Gem-jump because of new type additions in a new region. That only makes sense. Doesn't it? Like... Dark and Steel? Then they stuck with the gems, and now they're back to vague colors. Anyone catching a pattern? Maybe the next one will end up being Cyan and Majenta? Or something along the lines...

Mewter

Smash Master
Black, White, and Grey aren't symbolizing the end of the series though at all.
I never said anything about the end of the series. :p

And yeah, maybe sixth gen could be named using rare metals and they'll cycle through it all again.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I never said anything about the end of the series. :p

And yeah, maybe sixth gen could be named using rare metals and they'll cycle through it all again.
They did go with Platinum as opposed to Diamond and Pearl... I don't get how that falls into play at all... :/

Mewter

Smash Master
The third addition to each generation is usually related to its other two counterparts but sounds distinct enough to be its own version.

What do you mean?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The third addition to each generation is usually related to its other two counterparts but sounds distinct enough to be its own version.

What do you mean?
Usually it fits into context... Diamond Pearl Platinum. How is Platinum related to Diamonds and Pearls? Is what I don't get...

Mewter

Smash Master
It's a shiny, precious object that people covet.
That's it really.

Mewter

Smash Master
That's really the only common traits they share.
First gen: Color/Hue
Second gen: Metals
Third gen: Jewels/gems
Fourth gen: Very precious objects that can be used in jewelry.
Fifth gen: Achromatic colors

Yellow fits in with generation one, but green seems kind of off, being a secondary color.
"Crystal" can't be considered a metal, really.
Emeralds fit in with sapphires and rubies.
Diamonds and pearls really have nothing in common beside being used in jewelry. So platinum can fit in there too.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
There are many other Pokemon that need recognition first.
:083:
'nuff said.

Also, in regards to your list of unused animals, wasn't Trapinch an ant?

As for the games themselves, I could care less what system they're on. Being on the normal DS means that more people can get it as soon as it comes out, and we can be sure it will be great, but if it were on the 3DS it would be a way to generate sales for the new handheld and we could get a high quality game with some new features that wouldn't/couldn't have been on the DS.

Like others, I'll prolly leave this thread after a while to avoid spoiling too much of the games. For me, all the games were fairly new since I didn't really look anything up about the games until around the release of Platinum and I'd like to try to keep this "tradition" of mine going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom