• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I agree completely.

Also, anyone hoping that there will be more Fire-types this generation?

-Terywj
Me. I love Water types, but I also really like Fire types and I think that there should be more than there are now.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The have a reason to remakes Gens 1 and 2 for compatability.
They don't have a reason to remake Gen 3.
Other than the fact that it prints money.

I bet $20 right now if they remake Gen 3 it'll be the worst selling mainstream Pokemon games of all time.
I don't care. Gen 3 is my favorite, and I would LOVE to see that world with the new graphics and with whatever new **** they come up with.

Peronally, I want more Bug types and a Psychic type designed to handle today's enviroment.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I want them to push the boundaries and make a 4th evo in a line, also BRING BACK SECRET BASES!!! Why did they remove them? I thought they were neat.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I would be okay with Bug-types as long as they're not the same ol' lame ol' Bug / Flying that pretty much half of all Bug-types have.

A Psychic-type would be neat too. Depends on the secondary typing. By the way that's currently called Metagross / Bronzong.

-Terywj

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I would be okay with Bug-types as long as they're not the same ol' lame ol' Bug / Flying that pretty much half of all Bug-types have.

A Psychic-type would be neat too. Depends on the secondary typing. By the way that's currently called Metagross / Bronzong.

-Terywj
I was referingt to making more pokemon like Heracross and Scizor. More original, scary *** mother ****ers. 2nd Gen was the hight of bugs career to be honest.

Mewter

Smash Master
Why would there be a time machine?
The time machine was only used in GSC because the game took place in the future of the exact same region as the previous generation. Maybe this gen will just be trading with the move/Pokemon barrier.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I was referingt to making more pokemon like Heracross and Scizor. More original, scary *** mother ****ers. 2nd Gen was the hight of bugs career to be honest.
This is true, now that I think about it. Heracross, Forretress, Scizor (BACK THEN), and even Shuckle were all pretty cool.

-Terywj

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's exactly what we believe this Rock Capsule might be used for.

:)

-Terywj
Rock Capsule? Do you get it in HG/SS?

Why would there be a time machine?
The time machine was only used in GSC because the game took place in the future of the exact same region as the previous generation. Maybe this gen will just be trading with the move/Pokemon barrier.
Which is basically the Time Machine but without a backstory to make it seem relevant.

Mewter

Smash Master
Which is basically the Time Machine but without a backstory to make it seem relevant.
Yeah, basically.

It would be pretty cool if the fifth generation legendary Pokemon were Yin-Yang.
Hopefully there's no multiverse trash to explain Arceus' egg.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I don't get it. Why would rock capsule be a time machine thing? It serves no purpose to helping trading with the current games, and the new games would be different? I don't see that...

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I hope that they add a water/fire type this gen. That would definitely make things interesting.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
They could perhaps base it off of fish who live deep down with hydrothermal vents?

Anyways, I don't know about you guys but I'm anxious as to what CoroCoro can find for us this/next week. :3

-Terywj

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited about the new Mons too. Interested in seeing what types of new attacks we'll be seeing in Black/White. What if they added a new status effect... scary thought.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm going to guess and say since the Rock Capsule is a key item, mystery gift or some Ranger-like communication codes are going to be used to transfer from HGSS -> Gen V.

Or you know, Stop n' Swap.

sammy p

Smash Lord
It would be pretty cool if the fifth generation legendary Pokemon were Yin-Yang.
wouldnt that be like latios and latias?

to talk baout new status effects, what about like a drowning status effect?? could they incorperate that somehow if they really wanted to?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Or you know, Stop n' Swap.
:laugh: this really gave me a good laugh.

What animals have they yet to base Pokémon off of?
- Tucan
- Badger
- Gorilla
- Orangutan
- Hummingbird
- Mosquito
- Cockroach
- Rooster
- Ant (well, Heatran...)
- Gazelle/Antelope
- Lemur
- Flamingo
- Peacock
- Dodo (could be a fossil Pokémon)
- Dolphin
- Anteater
- Chinese Water Deer
- Swan (besides Cresselia)
- Boar
- Buffalo
- Leech
- Lemming
- Skink
- Leopard
- [House] Fly
- Squid
- Kobold
- Howler monkey
- Donkey
- Flea
- Liger
- Polar bear
- Bison
- Centipede (besides Giratina)
- Millipede
- Moose
- Zebra

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I've always wondered about a "Drowned" status. Nintendo could figure it out if they wanted to lol.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
- Anteater
- Chinese Water Deer
- Swan
- Boar
- Liger
- Polar bear
- Bison
- Antelope
- Centepide
- Millepede

These could probably be added to that list.

-Terywj

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
- Buffalo
- Leech
- Lemming
- Skink
- Leopard
- Fly (?)
- Squid (Octillary is an octopus)
- Kobold
- Howler monkey
- Donkey
- Flea
- Lady Gaga

@ Tery: Cresselia is based on a swan.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Altaria, really? I didn't really think so. Cresselia more or less works for a swan design I guess.

There are no zebra Pokemon are there?

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
Altaria is a swan. So you could take that one off.
Uh, no. Aside from the long neck, it does not represent a swan much at all. It has the face of a small bird, and the tail feathers of a not-swan. Also, it seems to be based on Eastern depictions of feathered, bird-dragons (hence why it is Dragon type).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There are horses (Ponyta) but no zebras.

I'd like the next water starter to be some sort of squid that eventually evolves into some sort of Kracken-like creature.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen a swan? They do have similarities, but I won't make a fuss about it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I agree with the lion statement..

But I prefer having Tyranitar and Rampardos in place of a direct T-Rex Pokémon.
Though prehistoric creatures just seem cooler once the most famous one of them all is introduced. It could be a Dragon/Rock type, maybe even a 3 stage psuedo-legendary fossil type Pokemon.

Fossil type Pokemon fascinate me for some reason, I guess I just like the mythology behind them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Though prehistoric creatures just seem cooler once the most famous one of them all is introduced. It could be a Dragon/Rock type, maybe even a 3 stage psuedo-legendary fossil type Pokemon.

Fossil type Pokemon fascinate me for some reason, I guess I just like the mythology behind them.
I'm in the same boat man. I would really love to see some sort of Pokemon game based in the prehistoric world where our now "fossil" Pokemon are abundant and common in number, along with numerous other lost/unknown species.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm kinda hoping Kangaskhan finally gets a prevo this gen. It always bugged me that Kangaskhan hatches from an egg with a baby already in the pouch. Maybe we could do something with that...

It'll also bring some much needed publicity to this poor reject :cry:

I'm hoping that this gen will bring something like underwater exploration (I don't mean dive, I actually mean visiting underwater colonies) or maybe space exploration. That rumor about Deoxys being in outer space and waiting for the guy at the space center to tell you to go get him in R/S/E always fascinated me. I clocked a whole bunch of hours trying to go to outer space, until I found out that it was false (to which I rage quit), and the impression always stayed. I've been waiting for space exploration and it seems this is the right time to bring that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom