• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
And with the 3DS coming out, I'M SURE Pokemon will most definitely NOT go 3D, despite 5th Gen (on the DS) going even further 3D. Great logic kid.

Let's look at Final Fantasy. The first six games were done entirely in 2D, because they were made prior to 1993. Final Fantasy 7 then commenced development and was released on the PS3 as a 2.5D/2.75D game. It wasn't entirely 3D as all of the scenery was just prerendered images with invisible collision walls, but the battle environments and the characters and monsters in them were 3D, along with the 3D pre-rendered cutscenes. FF8 and FF9 would further capitalize on this almost-3D style. FFX would be the first true 3D Final Fantasy and they've been that way ever since.

Now back to Pokemon. Generations I-III were entirely 2D, synonymous with FF1-6. Gen IV-V are 2.5D, like FF7-9. Gen VI? Definitely full-on 3D like FFX. Square capitalized on the capabilities of the systems they were developing for to present as beautiful a game as they possible could. In order to make the Playstation FFs so gorgeous, they had to sacrifice active 3D scenery for pre-rendered flat images. Nintendo developed three Pokemon generations for handheld systems that did not support 3D. While the Nintendo DS does support 3D, the console is known for having a split library between 2D, 2.5D, and 3D games. The 3DS is most likely going to be almost entirely 3D-centric, including Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Honestly, we aren't far from seeing 3D handheld Pokemon games, whether they're core or spinoff (or both).

You're failing to acknowledge the fact that Rayquaza and Giratina form trios with your mentioned pairs. Lugia and Ho-oh form a yin-yang of sorts, but not the weather or dragon trios.
I'm only pointing out my opinion. No need to be a smartass. -_-

Anyway, to stay back on topic. I see your reason for argument, and now that I think about it, it is a possibility. I still feel it to be doubtful, but it's a possibility. I mean... Look back to Platinum? Didn't Giratina take the game into a 3D type world? For part of the storyline.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fun Fact: The 3DS is supposed to have the Graphical Power of the Gamecube.
Gen VI will almost certainly be in 3D. Very good 3D at that.

Mewter

Smash Master
You're failing to acknowledge the fact that Rayquaza and Giratina form trios with your mentioned pairs. Lugia and Ho-oh form a yin-yang of sorts, but not the weather or dragon trios.
The first part of my reply was going by the logic that was in his post.

Here was my train of thought:
Given (by Ubermario):
Groudon and Kyogre are opposing sets.

Showing that they aren't purely Yin-Yang:
If Dialga and Palkia are opposing sets.
Then Dialga and Palkia must also be Yin-Yang

Debunk:
There is also a third counterpart, so it isn't Yin-Yang.

Conclusion:
They are not Yin-Yang. I was talking about a purely Yin-Yang duo meant for nothing else but that purpose, and these counterparts don't fit the bill.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

@Spire:
Lugia and Ho-Oh kind of work, but they aren't opposite sides of the same coin or outright opposing/fighting Pokemon.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Pokemon Brown? That would never happen.

I wonder what shiny Zoroark will look like.
Maybe a white shiny? o3o

It is pokemon black and white, although I can't really say if zoroark has any roll in the storyline of the game, it would be interesting to have a white shiny. =w=

If the legends end up being black and white too, there shinies should swap that and make em the opposite color. Also I agree with mewter. Yin-yang legends would be fitting. Kyogre, groudon and dialga, palkia weren't yin-yang because there was always a 3rd legend related, and neither one could be considered good or evil. I want a good against evil kinda thing.

Majority

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking Zoroark would go from black and red to white and blue.
The shinies of Black and White have the potential to be really awesome.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If the Pokemon pattern continues then the first Pokemon game we should see on the 3DS is the R/S remake.

I would be extremely pumped if that were to happen, but it might steal Gen VI's thunder, so idk if that's a possibility.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Fun Fact: The 3DS is supposed to have the Graphical Power of the Gamecube.

Nintendo hasn't said anything about the 3DS's graphical power. Sure, there is a pattern in handheld graphics power and there have been some speculated screen resolutions/graphical power amount for system but nintendo hasn't confirmed anything. Nor has there been any actual proof on what the 3DS is going to be capable of beyond the fact that it will be able to pull of 3D gaming.

I wouldn't be shocked it is stronger (I actually believe it will be close to equal the power of a GC) but at this point we don't know much about what it will be able to do.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Next person to mention RS remakes gets shot in the face. :mad:
This, so much.

Seriously guys, it is NOWHERE in the future at the moment. It's one thing to hope for it, it's another thing to talk about it as an inevitability.

There's especially no reason to discuss it in a thread about Black and White. That'd be like discussing HG/SS in a thread about D/P.

It's like we've gotten so used to the pattern of Pokémon that has evolved (no pun intended) over time that we can't even focus on what's coming next, we've got to wonder about the NEXT generation. We have almost nothing on THIS generation. Potential remakes for Gen V and the main games of Gen VI really shouldn't be getting mentions yet.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm going to love this franchise even more the closer it gets to 3D. I think it'd be interesting to have the starters based on a different elemental trio. Say, Dark-Fighting-Psychic? Although, I'm not sure if Dark's full immunity to Psychic would be an issue or not.

Has there been anything about a "Light" type? That's something I'd really like to see. Now would probably be a good time to do it, since it's Black and White, which is somewhat synonymous with Good and Evil or Dark and Light.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This, so much.

Seriously guys, it is NOWHERE in the future at the moment. It's one thing to hope for it, it's another thing to talk about it as an inevitability.

There's especially no reason to discuss it in a thread about Black and White. That'd be like discussing HG/SS in a thread about D/P.

It's like we've gotten so used to the pattern of Pokémon that has evolved (no pun intended) over time that we can't even focus on what's coming next, we've got to wonder about the NEXT generation. We have almost nothing on THIS generation. Potential remakes for Gen V and the main games of Gen VI really shouldn't be getting mentions yet.
This reveals the dissatisfaction that people have with the current games. If you're constantly blabbing about what's to become of the future of Pokemon, then you obviously aren't enjoying the Pokemon you currently have. This is a common stance in the Zelda community because a lot of people aren't satisfied with the games we have now, so we look to the future in hope of something enjoyable.

I've been talking about 5th Gen ever since 4th Gen came out because I didn't like those games, and I honestly can't say I really do. I'm playing through SS and it's okay. I really thought it was going to blow the socks off of D/P/P, but in retrospect, those were on par with the 2nd Gen remakes. For the first time ever, I'm growing tired of the 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon. I want to see more of 3rd particularly and 5th definitely. I want new, not old.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Has there been anything about a "Light" type? That's something I'd really like to see. .
Ha, everyone at my main forum was talking about a "light" type. Im all for it if they do it correctly. Some are saying its not needed, which is true but still if they execute it correctly i'd think it would be a decent addition to the series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to love this franchise even more the closer it gets to 3D. I think it'd be interesting to have the starters based on a different elemental trio. Say, Dark-Fighting-Psychic? Although, I'm not sure if Dark's full immunity to Psychic would be an issue or not.

Has there been anything about a "Light" type? That's something I'd really like to see. Now would probably be a good time to do it, since it's Black and White, which is somewhat synonymous with Good and Evil or Dark and Light.
The only time you need to fight starter vs starter is at the start of the game and you probably won't even have a Psychic attack anyway.

It shouldn't really be a problem, but I still might prefer the classic way.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
This reveals the dissatisfaction that people have with the current games. If you're constantly blabbing about what's to become of the future of Pokemon, then you obviously aren't enjoying the Pokemon you currently have. This is a common stance in the Zelda community because a lot of people aren't satisfied with the games we have now, so we look to the future in hope of something enjoyable.

I've been talking about 5th Gen ever since 4th Gen came out because I didn't like those games, and I honestly can't say I really do. I'm playing through SS and it's okay. I really thought it was going to blow the socks off of D/P/P, but in retrospect, those were on par with the 2nd Gen remakes. For the first time ever, I'm growing tired of the 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon. I want to see more of 3rd particularly and 5th definitely. I want new, not old.
I think it's more of an overly-satisfied type of sense, because we're afraid of when the end of Pokemon, or what may happen to completely change things for the worse. It's happened with other games, and TV shows even. Look at the Pokemon TCG. Even the Pokemon TV series. They changed the rules with the Diamond and Pearl release, and then everything changed for the worse as far as the TCG goes. I don't want to see this happen with the games.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Pokemon Black and White are gonna be sweet! Especially since there's a new gen. I just hope Pokemon isn't going "too" fast with the gens if they want this to last a couple more years.

UberMario

Smash Master
Too fast? If it's not released within the next few months it will be the longest span in-between generations in Pokemon's slightly short history.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I apologize for this being off-topic, but with the post Spire recently created someone (Annoying maybe) brought up a point on how we have too many stickies. I believe this should be unstickied, as should the Competitive Guide. It's for the major discussions of Black / White, but like HeartGold / SoulSilver, it can be done without the sticky.

-Terywh

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Spire / Chill would just unsticky it. That's all there is to it.

You know, like lock / unlock, sticky / unsticky, or on the forums I led they were called desticky.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hopefully when gen 6 comes out, the 3DS will have gone down in prices so I can get it.

I think Nintendos doing a great job with B/W. Those new images that Serebii put up are MUCH MORE cleaner than the old ones and I have actually changed my opinion about gen 5. I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, these games will restore my faith in Pokemon ever since they took out the day/night cycle in gen 3.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Fake fake fake.

1) Zorak and Zoroark's text is different than everything else's.
2) Steelix is Rock/Ground.
3) Multiple pointless preevos/evolutions.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I like how Hamawl, Corala and Silvicious are on there twice.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie, I liked some of these. Especially Tormine. I can see a Torkoal evo looking like that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Those starters look like absolute crap.

The final evos for the grass and water type are both dinosaur-looking, and the final evo for the fire starter looks like some kind of ugly Flareon wannabe.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I like some of the things in there. Zangoote? Awesome. Laplantis? Awesome. But there's a ton of wtf ones. Lophug? Looks like whismur. Prudixy? Espeon.

And a part dragon starter? lol.

The 10 legendaries are a tad much too. I hope they never exceed 6-7 in a gen again.

But anyways, despite it being fake, its something fun to look at for awhile, lol.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Well it's at least cool that moofy and staroon are in there because we've talked about them a lot in the PC. I like Prudixy, Vespipin, Silvicious, Neomise, Cherossom, and Tormine a lot :bee:

Mewter

Smash Master
Regiwind looks awesome.
Avachill looks too much like a certain Digimon.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I personally love all of those fakemon. The collection of them is lacking in a few ways -- the starters in particular -- but I think the good outnumbers the bad. And even thinking about how epic of a task that was is mindblowing. Spire and I discussed it a while back and agreed that it seems like a collaborative project, based on the different art styles which are present, but even so, it's a massive undertaking.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Reflectron looks quite funny =p I bet you if it was going to be in the game that it would have reflect and light screen as main moves :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom