• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, a lot of them have parts that are just slightly modified or straight ripped from existing Pokemon. But yeah, it's a neat little project. We can do this too. Go SWF-Dex!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
My top 50:

Paracaw
Maclaw
Mawkeet
Beopup
Werehide
Vennap
Monstrap
Krochic
Lastic
Terraz
Petrovolt
Floby
Nimblow
Cirribus
Rexite
Tarexite
Cronock
Cronosaur
Fyant
Defyant
Darchrys
Irimp
Blimpoon
Torboil
Tormine
Hitmondo
Hitmonsumo
Snoseed
Cuburn
Grizzler
Magrizzly
Miroreflect
Reflectron
Viperside
Yanbii
Flapingo
Panpa
Oppanda
Moofy
Ivyine
Hollopump
Gaslite
Dozand
Skeledeep
Colcub
Subzearo
Polapowa
Glacess
Moofork
Moosickle

Putting this list together, I realized how silly some of the Fakemon names were, lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally I think Miltank and Tauros should evolve from the same pokemon, differing if it's male or female.

They don't each need a prevolution...

I really don't like those ideas for starters though...they look plain

Moozle

Smash Champion
That's what the person did do. One is male and one is female. They just look a little different, like nidoran m/f.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oxywaddle is a disgrace to the win that is Quagsire.

;-;

Mewter

Smash Master
Oxywaddle is like the Magmortar of the Quagsire line.

Favorites:
Moonky
Spidox
Aquad
Cheepip
Tutum
Holopump
Colcub

And their evolution lines. :bee:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I looked at Snuffuzz and couldn't help but smile. If that thing were put into a Pokemon game I'd totally use it. He'd be like my bestest bud and we'd go on all sorts of adventures together.

And then he'd die in two years and I'd cry. :(

I can't say I liked the Jynx evo, but that's just because of how I personally would have done it and how much more my version satisfies me. I essentially saw a Jynx evo taking an opposite direction. Instead of becoming a bigger, fatter version of what she already is, she becomes what is essentially the Jadis of the Pokemon world.

Part of me just feels like that sort of transition would be absolutely perfect for Jynx. Making her bigger and fatter is basically what they did to almost all the late-number evolved Pokemon, and with the exception of only a couple it really didn't work out that well for them design-wise. I just think Jynx deserves a different route than that.

EDIT: Also, Moosickle was a dumb name. :< They should've just gone all-out if they wanted a lame pun name and called it Mootensil.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's what the person did do. One is male and one is female. They just look a little different, like nidoran m/f.

I noticed that

That's why I made that comment

I don't even like the nidorans being different pokemon

Clownbot

Smash Lord
IMO they should still keep their different appearances depending on their gender but only count as one pokemon in the Dex.

If only they were real. @_@

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Alot of those were awesome but look at some of the hate it got. Poor Nintendo doesn't have a chance no matter what they release.

Though I do think the Jynx evo should be a beautiful but slightly sinister looking siren rather than a fat lady.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I agree with Spire's list. All those fakemon I can see being new pokemon.

Though I do think the Jynx evo should be a beautiful but slightly sinister looking siren rather than a fat lady.
I actually see a Jynx evo looking like a female opera singer with it wearing a viking helmet. But that's just me.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I actually see a Jynx evo looking like a female opera singer with it wearing a viking helmet. But that's just me.
Well I think it should be really ugly or really beautiful but sinister looking. No matter what it's Pokedex entry should mention it's beautiful voice luring people to her.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Alot of those were awesome but look at some of the hate it got. Poor Nintendo doesn't have a chance no matter what they release.

I can't say I liked the Jynx evo, but that's just because of how I personally would have done it and how much more my version satisfies me. I essentially saw a Jynx evo taking an opposite direction. Instead of becoming a bigger, fatter version of what she already is, she becomes what is essentially the Jadis of the Pokemon world.
That is essentially what I said.

Jadis is the name of the White Witch from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for those who don't know.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You could tell she would get some hate though. "WTF JYNX IS SUPPOSSED TO BE UGLY!!!1!!"
Jynx will get hate no matter what the **** you do with her. Jynx is already kinda hated by quite a few.

And last I knew, Jadis was hated as well. It fits in some off way.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Part of me just feels like that sort of transition would be absolutely perfect for Jynx. Making her bigger and fatter is basically what they did to almost all the late-number evolved Pokemon, and with the exception of only a couple it really didn't work out that well for them design-wise. I just think Jynx deserves a different route than that.
I like this idea.

I also like this idea.

Jynx will get hate no matter what the **** you do with her. Jynx is already kinda hated by quite a few.

And last I knew, Jadis was hated as well. It fits in some off way.
Sometimes you have to hate something so much in order to like it. I've never liked Jynx because I felt she was completely out of place for a 1st Gen Pokemon. Progressively, she would have fit 2nd, 3rd, or 4th better, with the last being the most adequate. She really didn't seem to fit in 1st Gen at all along with Mr. Mime, but they're there so no wishful thinking of what could have happened. In recent times, I've grown to like the two and their prevolutions. Jynx because, well she's just a weirdo. Mr. Mime because he reminds me of Klaus Nomi. I even went so far as to make this a long time ago:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've been saying this Jynx idea for ages. And I've also been saying that I think the 5th Gen will have mostly new pokemon like the 3rd Gen did.

Gen 1 = New Pokes
Gen 2= Lots of pre/evos
Gen 3 = New Pokes
Gen 4 = Lots of pre/evos
Gen 5 = New Pokes

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I actually thought it was more:

Gen 1: basics
Gen 2: New babies
Gen 3: overhauled battle system
Gen 4: transition into wi fi.

I dont see any new baby gen coming in anytime soon

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I've been saying this Jynx idea for ages. And I've also been saying that I think the 5th Gen will have mostly new pokemon like the 3rd Gen did.

Gen 1 = New Pokes
Gen 2= Lots of pre/evos
Gen 3 = New Pokes
Gen 4 = Lots of pre/evos
Gen 5 = New Pokes
I hope to god you are right.
also, arbok/sandlash evos, we need them now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Roacherman, your theory is about game mechanics and doesn't have a pattern. I could just be seeing a pattern where there is none, but it is plausible.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I actually thought it was more:

Gen 1: basics
Gen 2: New babies
Gen 3: overhauled battle system
Gen 4: transition into wi fi.

I dont see any new baby gen coming in anytime soon
Pluvia's talking about the type of Pokémon that were introduced, not the game mechanics...battle system/Wi-Fi have nothing to do with the types of Pokémon they introduced.

I agree with Pluvia. Fifth gen sort of seems like it's going to be more bold, especially since we may be looking at a more metropolitan world just as third gen changed it up with a more tropical world. 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen all take place in an essentially suburban world, causing 3rd to stand out and, assuming that everything goes as it seems it will, 5th gen, too.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Gen 1 = New Pokes
Gen 2= Lots of pre/evos
Gen 3 = New Pokes
Gen 4 = Lots of pre/evos
Gen 5 = New Pokes
What Pokémon promoted Gen 2? Pichu, Togepi, etc. Mostly prevos. What Pokémon promoted Gen 3? I honestly can't remember. But what was the first to promote Gen 4? Munchlax. And finally, what is promoting Gen 5? Zoroark and Zorua, new Pokémon.

Definitely a trend.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The first third gen Pokémon was Kecleon (thank you, Bulbapedia). Extremely fitting, considering that it's one of the most representative of Hoenn, in my opinion.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
What Pokémon promoted Gen 2? Pichu, Togepi, etc. Mostly prevos. What Pokémon promoted Gen 3? I honestly can't remember. But what was the first to promote Gen 4? Munchlax. And finally, what is promoting Gen 5? Zoroark and Zorua, new Pokémon.

Definitely a trend.
Munchlax and Lucario. Don't forget Lucario... Lucario was HUGE for Gen 4.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought that Slowking or Marill would be the ones representing gen 2 considering that they were the first revealed back then

Spire

III
BRoomer
Munchlax and Lucario. Don't forget Lucario... Lucario was HUGE for Gen 4.
I said the first. Munchlax was the absolute first 4th Gen Pokemon revealed.
I thought that Slowking or Marill would be the ones representing gen 2 considering that they were the first revealed back then
Slowking, Marill, Ho-oh, Togepi, Donphan, Ampharos, Bellossom, and Snubbull were the first from what I can remember, but Pichu was used to heavily advertise it (See: Super Smash Bros. Melee).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If togepi because of that, then might as well make Ho oh the gen 2 representative considering that it was the first legendary and first gen 2 pokemon shown in an episode

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
If togepi because of that, then might as well make Ho oh the gen 2 representative considering that it was the first legendary and first gen 2 pokemon shown in an episode
Yeah, Ho-oh goes way back to the first few, too. But that's vague and keeps you trying to figure things out the entire time. So... Technically it'd be Togepi.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
(To be fair, it's totally possible that Ho-Oh wasn't really a Pokémon at the time and it was just thrown in to show that there are tons of Pokémon and not all of them have been discovered, so it's hard to really count it as the first second gen Pokémon.)

But why are we arguing this?

The initial point still stands, and that is that it's quite evident that 2nd and 4th gen focused quite a bit on adding onto previous Pokémon while 1st (obviously) and 3rd made a new start as far as Pokémon go, and it very well seems as if the same will happen with 5th gen based on every-other-generation pattern and what we've seen so far of Black and White.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
(To be fair, it's totally possible that Ho-Oh wasn't really a Pokémon at the time and it was just thrown in to show that there are tons of Pokémon and not all of them have been discovered, so it's hard to really count it as the first second gen Pokémon.)

But why are we arguing this?

The initial point still stands, and that is that it's quite evident that 2nd and 4th gen focused quite a bit on adding onto previous Pokémon while 1st (obviously) and 3rd made a new start as far as Pokémon go, and it very well seems as if the same will happen with 5th gen based on every-other-generation pattern and what we've seen so far of Black and White.
Arguing the past trends to pick up on this releases trend as well as future trends? Is what I'm getting out of it. Aside from that, going back to the previous topic, I don't even think that the second trend was prevo's either. They also released newer types as well. Steel and Dark were released. Then in the 3rd generation they had dual-types, and in the 4th generation, they...?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The 2nd Gen had lot of pre/evos. Slowking, Politoad, Bellossom, Steelix, Tyrogue, Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon.

I think I might have missed 1 or 2 too.

Mewter

Smash Master
Then in the 3rd generation they had dual-types
What do you mean?

Second gen was an expansion on basically everything in the Pokemon games (through breeding, berries, hold items, new types, evolution additions, weather, time-based activity), third gen was expanding on the new compatibility, stand-alone Pokemon, and maybe storyline (?), fourth gen continued on by making the special/physical split and adding new prevos/evos.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The 2nd Gen had lot of pre/evos. Slowking, Politoad, Bellossom, Steelix, Tyrogue, Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon.

I think I might have missed 1 or 2 too.
Pichu, Togepi, Azumarill, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, uhhhh... That's all that I can think of off the top of my head. :ohwell:

What do you mean?
I mean that... In the first two series they had solid types. Which were Normal, Fire, Water, Ground, Rock, Steel, Flying, Poison, Eletric, so on.

Then as the series progressed, they modified the newer Pokemon into multi-types. Like... Fire/Rock, Grass/Poison, and afterwards began modifying the older Pokemon into dual-types as well as the series progressed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Game Freak has no other direction to go other than to focus on making new Pokemon. They've been able to cover the majority of Pokmeon that needed evos/pre-evos, in both gen 2 and 4. Just look at THIS thread and look at the OP.

If you looked at that chart, you can clearly see that Game Freak really doesn't have a lot of Pokemon choices left, because half of the Pokemon on that chart don't even need evos/pre-evos in the first place.

I don't even know why we're even discussing this. It's very obvious that this is going to be a generation focused on new Pokemon and not improving on the old ones.

Mewter

Smash Master
I mean that... In the first two series they had solid types. Which were Normal, Fire, Water, Ground, Rock, Steel, Flying, Poison, Eletric, so on.

Then as the series progressed, they modified the newer Pokemon into multi-types. Like... Fire/Rock, Grass/Poison, and afterwards began modifying the older Pokemon into dual-types as well as the series progressed.
They have had that since R/B/Y iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom