• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Each professor in every game is named after a tree. There's a pattern, but everyone knows that already. xD

Oak, Elm, Rowan, who's the other guy again...?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Birch

I am hoping this gen finshes what gen 2 started: an extra move slot. It would open so many new opportunities if we had an extra slot

This also brings me to my next point. I want the ability to have an extra pokemon in my party. For example, maybe only if you equip a special one time only key item to a pokeball, you can have 7 pokemon instead of 6

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Birch

I am hoping this gen finshes what gen 2 started: an extra move slot. It would open so many new opportunities if we had an extra slot

This also brings me to my next point. I want the ability to have an extra pokemon in my party. For example, maybe only if you equip a special one time only key item to a pokeball, you can have 7 pokemon instead of 6
Gen 2 started an extra move slot?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
5 moves instead of 4 and 7 Pokémon instead of 6 would severely break everything that we've had up until now, especially the former. It would open up so many opportunities that the metagame would have to be reconsidered from the ground up.

I want them to do something with HMs so they're less useless in battle, less permanent, and don't have to waste move slots/entire Pokémon slots, but I don't think simply adding on new slots is the right solution, unless they add on HM-only slots -- even then, with the few good HMs we have, that could really mess with things.

Yup, they were originally gonna put it, but got scrapped in development
I can't find anything on this...source?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Probably his friends BSing to him again like they have apparently so many times.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I read it in bulbapedias page on gen 2. Id link it, but Im on my phone. Aside from consuming 20 minutes of my time loading between pages, I cant even copy/paste stuff with it so... yeah...

But I can assure you that if you search carefully enough in bulbaedias gen 2 pages, you will find where it says about that extra move slot

T-block

B2B TST
5 moves instead of 4 and 7 Pokémon instead of 6 would severely break everything that we've had up until now, especially the former. It would open up so many opportunities that the metagame would have to be reconsidered from the ground up.

I want them to do something with HMs so they're less useless in battle, less permanent, and don't have to waste move slots/entire Pokémon slots, but I don't think simply adding on new slots is the right solution, unless they add on HM-only slots -- even then, with the few good HMs we have, that could really mess with things.

I can't find anything on this...source?
I agree... every game I play, the need for an HM slave annoys me more and more. Every gym you beat should just give you a machine that lets you surf, push rocks, cross whirlpools, etc. >_> HM slots wouldn't be so bad... they'd just have to make all HM moves crap, and then create a new move to replace Surf.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I read it in bulbapedias page on gen 2. Id link it, but Im on my phone. Aside from consuming 20 minutes of my time loading between pages, I cant even copy/paste stuff with it so... yeah...

But I can assure you that if you search carefully enough in bulbaedias gen 2 pages, you will find where it says about that extra move slot
I just searched it pretty thoroughly and found nothing...could it have been a different page?

I agree... every game I play, the need for an HM slave annoys me more and more. Every gym you beat should just give you a machine that lets you surf, push rocks, cross whirlpools, etc. >_> HM slots wouldn't be so bad... they'd just have to make all HM moves crap, and then create a new move to replace Surf.
Yeah, if they just dumbed down all of the HMs to suck about as much as Rock Smash does, they could probably pull it off without too much of a disturbance. Or perhaps just make HMs do nothing in battle at all.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I only use HM slaves for Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Everything else I actually put on things.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I swear I found that in either the gen 2 beta page or the actual gen 2 page itself.

And ulti, it turns out that my friends are ******* and actually believed everything they told me. And I was actually ******** for believing them :mad:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Good god ulti. I used to have rock smash on my level 93 Typhlosion until I just said enough and replaced it.

Now if I can find a proper replacement for rock smash >_>

Anyways, I really wouldnt mind key items that let you do all that stuff and turn all the current HMs into TMs just like Flash. I hope they do something cool for surf like a surf board if they do something like that though

Mewter

Smash Master
I don't get why you have to ride on your Pokemon in order to surf.
Just learn to swim, really! :ohwell:

/notserious

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There are long stretches of water on some of these routes and the player usally grows up in a place with usully little water... I dont think that could happen. And the player could be too cheap to buy a surf board or boat or something and instead must rely on random pervs giving him an HM for teaching a pokemon how to swim >_>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I swear I found that in either the gen 2 beta page or the actual gen 2 page itself.
I still couldn't find anything on the gen 2 beta page...or any of the external links on the page...so, I dunno.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then I guess its probable that they edited out that part of the page because it was incorrect.

And to that I respond with an Im sorry.

Please make an all purpose machine for cutting, lighting, swimming, etc. I would change the availability of a phone any day for an HM machine

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make moves where you can directly attack pokemon out of play like in the card game

Also moves where you can attack the player directly, ignoring the pokemon.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
They should make moves where you can directly attack pokemon out of play like in the card game

Also moves where you can attack the player directly, ignoring the pokemon.
Attacking a Pokemon that's not even out would be worse than Stealth Rock.

As for attacking a Trainer directly...why would you even want to do that? This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh!....

Mewter

Smash Master
That may be able to work with Shadow Pokemon, though, since they've been mentioned to attack trainers.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If they made moves that let you attack Pokémon not in play that would make it entirely unfair. You know your opponent has a Tyranitar somewhere? Just throw a fighting move at it and your opponent can't do anything about it.

It's an interesting concept and it would be fun for personal use, but the first time someone uses it against you you're going to loathe it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ha! You're pokemon just activated my trap card!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Imo, make the HM's either teach the moves to pokemon as non-combat moves (IE, know 4 battle moves and as many "Hidden moves (gasp!)" as they want)

Or just have a tool that can temporarily give a pokemon that ability. (IE, there is a tree that looks cuttable. Do you want your HM to make a Pokemon use cut?)

M.K

Level 55
Black and white? Are you supposed to play as Michael Jackson now?
Ar hur hur hur. -_-

Can't wait for new information. Looking forward to what the Shiny Suicune, Entei, and Raikou unlock in HG/SS.

Everyone check Filb.de for the footage shown of Black/White!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Can't wait for new information. Looking forward to what the Shiny Suicune, Entei, and Raikou unlock in HG/SS.
Yeah. They tried searching and found that the Legendary Shiny Beasts don't unlock anything in HeartGold / SoulSilver, so it has to be something in Black / White.

-Terywj

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It has already been confirmed that the dogs unlock something in BW. The pre order tickets come with a pamphlet that says so.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Your prediction (if true) would be really weird, since nothing like that has ever happened with past generations of Pokemon as far as the third game goes.

-Terywj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom