• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It hasn't been funny since day two. This is like Wii jokes, but with less to work with.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I'd be pissed if they did rename them outside of Japan, though.

I'm hoping for an evil team like Rocket in the originals- amusing, but still ******.
Whipsplz.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just want one that doesn't want something stupid that will obviously backfire (Flooding/drying up the planet, creating a new universe, ect)

Spire

III
BRoomer
What on earth? Stay on topic. Jeez :mad:

I will infract the next person(s) who posts idiocy.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The fifth generation scares me, and here's why: All we need are 107 pokemon, which is pretty likely, and we will have 600 pokemon. That's... Over half a thousand. Three fifths of a thousand, actually. I dunno about you guys, but when I got into pokemon back when there were 151 of them, I never imagined there would be 200 of them... let alone 600.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The fifth generation scares me, and here's why: All we need are 107 pokemon, which is pretty likely, and we will have 600 pokemon. That's... Over half a thousand. Three fifths of a thousand, actually. I dunno about you guys, but when I got into pokemon back when there were 151 of them, I never imagined there would be 200 of them... let alone 600.
Good point. Technically all we need are 8 more Pokemon and we'll have more than half of a thousand, which is ridiculous in and of itself. Considering that we're definitely going to get 100+ with 5th Gen, we can actually start to imagine what it'll be like to reach the 1,000th Pokemon (holy mackerel..).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Anyone who was into pokemon when it just started should be really freaked out. I have a feeling that we may actually have a "#1000" in ten years... I mean, assuming we get exactly 107 pokemon this generation, we would need a minimum of four more generations after that to reach 1000 assuming that they all give us 100 exactly.

I'm just glad the first gens are still cool, or I'd be so lost right now. :laugh: Hitmonlee and Haunter are still cool, no matter how old they get. But Zoroark is cool too.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If they make every Pokemon as diverse as theyve made them so far, I'd be happy if 200 were new in B/W. I cant wait to play it, have childlike pokemon fun, then Theorymon it.
I really appreciate this post. This is exactly, exactly how I currently feel about 5th Gen. I'm excited to see what's to come. Even though these are the same guys who designed the Gen 4 atrocities, they also designed the Gen 1, 2, and 3 masterpieces.

majora_787

Smash Hero
In my opinion, three had the best designs ever. I LOVED Duskull and Cacturne. But 5th gen is looking impressive.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If they make every Pokemon as diverse as theyve made them so far, I'd be happy if 200 were new in B/W. I cant wait to play it, have childlike pokemon fun, then Theorymon it.
Quoted for truth.

As long as each wave of new Pokemon stays original (but never unecessary), I'm all for having 1,000+ Pokemon.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'm not looking forward to is all the new methods of evolution they're sure to stuff in. I'll need 3 more Metal Coats, a few more Dragon Scales, about 10 more King's Rocks, maybe some Motorizers. I'll need to obtain 2 new types of stones, I'll need to raise this many more to max happiness, I'll need to only get Males of this line and level up even more pokemons at specific routes at specific times of day. I'll need to trade to someone while they have a certain pokemon in their party, I'll need to trade with them while it's night, I'll need to trade with them if they have certain items on hand... To even get some to appear I'll need to share data about 50 times... Make me take longer to get them in my dex why don't you?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think someone mentioned it in here, but I like the idea of one evolving when they faint.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Anyone looking forward to new special abilities?

I wonder if Gamefreak looked at Smogon's 1st CAP pokemon and took it's ability of Mountaineer into consideration? being able to not be affected by entry hazards is nifty

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Anyone looking forward to new special abilities?

I wonder if Gamefreak looked at Smogon's 1st CAP pokemon and took it's ability of Mountaineer into consideration? being able to not be affected by entry hazards is nifty
Magic Guard

Also Mountaineer protects you from direct and indirect Rock damage when switching in. Not hazards.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If they don't go into old Physical types, which is a possibility.....

There is 1 eeveelution left, period.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gamefreak has stated 20 million times that there will never be new types. In THEIR opinion the type chart is perfectly balanced and requires no new types.

Also, Eeveelutions are Gen 1-3 Special types. So even if new types were added no more eeveelutions would if they stay special only.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Evee should get an evolution for the other stones, like Dusk= Ghost, dawn can act to get glacioen and obviously leaf to get lefeon.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I never really liked the happiness evolution, but a pokemon that levels up when it faints would be pretty cool. You'd have to be REALLY careful not to over train it though, because if it were level 50 and surrounded by level 20s... It'd probably never evolve unless it got poisoned, and you left it alone.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or you could purposely use Tail whip over and over and wait till you die.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I suppose there's that. I almost think the poison thing would work better though, isn't there a hold item that inflicts poison on the holder?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I suppose there's that. I almost think the poison thing would work better though, isn't there a hold item that inflicts poison on the holder?
Yeah, Toxic Orb.

Or you could always use Explosion/Self-Destruct if the Pokémon can learn it, or face it against a Destiny Bonder or Perish Songer.

majora_787

Smash Hero
For some reason, I don't think they'd make something evolve by fainting when it learns self destruct. If they liked things easy they wouldn't have so many evolutions through happiness at specific times. But yeah, Destiny Bonding could work. Give my Froslass a workout in the fifth gen.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I never really liked the happiness evolution, but a pokemon that levels up when it faints would be pretty cool. You'd have to be REALLY careful not to over train it though, because if it were level 50 and surrounded by level 20s... It'd probably never evolve unless it got poisoned, and you left it alone.
Toxic Orb was mentioned below, but that's Toxic effect and not so much just poison...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, Eeveelutions are Gen 1-3 Special types. So even if new types were added no more eeveelutions would if they stay special only.
I dunno though, would seem odd that they stick that even after they change the split. Though I might simply be biased. (I want Steelvee :c)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You could always just go into a double battle and attack your own pokemon. If they only add 2 eevees I hope they are dragon and steel with a good stat distribution. I don't remember the stats off the top of my head but I would give the steel type 115 in HP for sub purposes and then 130 in special defense. The dragon would be a strong mixed attacker with high speed.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah but there aren't that many double battles per area, so that use is kinda limited.

If Gamefreak were to continue with traditionally adding two Eeveelutions I hope it would be Dragon- and Ghost-type.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unless they stay old special.

Which means there is only one.

:V

Status
Not open for further replies.