• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Lols at the guy with the glasses and his hair =p I like the way the camera moves in the preview but I noticed the character was walking in a sraight line the whole time, it would of been cool seeing them walk in different directions

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lols at the guy with the glasses and his hair =p I like the way the camera moves in the preview but I noticed the character was walking in a sraight line the whole time, it would of been cool seeing them walk in different directions
Agreed. And then that was all as far as footage of the game, but it was nice seeing how the buildings shifted in view nonetheless.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you listen close enough you can hear the actually game's soundtrack, I just noticed.

Its REALLY catchy from what I can hear

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Your prediction (if true) would be really weird, since nothing like that has ever happened with past generations of Pokemon as far as the third game goes.

-Terywj
Well, isn't this coming out later this year? The 3DS is coming out (probably, there's a rumor about October) next year, and Nintendo would be crazy not to make Pokemon Grey (God I hope that isn't the name) for the 3DS.

If you listen close enough you can hear the actually game's soundtrack, I just noticed.

Its REALLY catchy from what I can hear
I think that it's the music from the show. :ohwell:

Mewter

Smash Master
I really hope the third Pokemon game of this generation is Pokemon Brown.
It sets it apart from Black and White, but Grey would make sense too. :\

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
No, that's definitely in-game music. If you listen even carefully-er, you can actually here the "BMPF" noise that's made when you walk into a person/wall/obstacle at 0:27. I don't think they'd include that if it wasn't a live recording of the game as it was played. Everything after that is not in-game, though.

This might just be me, but from what I heard, it seemed a bit brassy, just like 3rd gen was. :bee:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No, that's definitely in-game music. If you listen even carefully-er, you can actually here the "BMPF" noise that's made when you walk into a person/wall/obstacle at 0:27. I don't think they'd include that if it wasn't a live recording of the game as it was played. Everything after that is not in-game, though.

This might just be me, but from what I heard, it seemed a bit brassy, just like 3rd gen was. :bee:
Oh, I hear it now.

Sounds good, hopefully it'll sound like 3rd gen's music. ^_^

Mewter

Smash Master
That's a really good fake video.
Lots of hard work must have been put into it. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Based on what little we know about the game, I can't help but feel I'll be let down by the legendary, simply because I'd like to see some of the more "minor" types be legendaries, and by minor I mean bug, but with the focus being on cities as it seems, I highly doubt that's going to be the case, and we'll probably have steel type legendaries. Still, I can hope for some bug legendaries.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There are always the sub-legendaries to hope for. The main two will be designed to appeal to a bunch of screaming kids who relish in darkness and junk.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Based on what little we know about the game, I can't help but feel I'll be let down by the legendary, simply because I'd like to see some of the more "minor" types be legendaries, and by minor I mean bug, but with the focus being on cities as it seems, I highly doubt that's going to be the case, and we'll probably have steel type legendaries. Still, I can hope for some bug legendaries.
Or maybe, just maybe, this means they'll have a POISON LEGENDARY! <3 **** yeah!

Well, one can always hope. Although high chances are that you're right and I'm just living a pipe dream.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It could very well be possible, consider the cave is full of technology, so it could be an anti-modern day technology theme, which poison would fit very well in, or perhaps a non-100 base stat grass legenadry, <3

Spire

III
BRoomer
Three bio-mechanical legendary Pokemon would be insane and so awesome:

Grass/Steel
Bug/Steel
Poison/Steel

Imagine Team Rocket comes back and creates them (based off the Mewtwo concept) to wreck havoc or something.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Grass/Steel with Heatproof....

<3

DANG IT

I always THINK that Grass resists fighting but it doesn't. Man I wish it did sooo much :<

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Grass is coupled with Poison a lot, which is why I guess people think it resists Fighting. I need to brush up on my obscure type match-ups.

I do hope Black and White try to do a lot of different things in addition to throwing out a bunch of new Pokemon and 3-D graphics. Why else would they put it on the same console? /wishful thinking

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The elemental punches are underpowered is what the problem is.

Weavile can barely even hang onto OU simply because it has such pathetic attacks to fire off and nothing to make up for it, as an example.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying the punches should be their best moves at all, just that they should be designed around them concept-wise. They can hurl Thunder and Blizzard and Sludge Bombs for all I care, I just want to see them hurling fists of lightning around. :chuckle:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm honestly wondering how Champion Z is going to play. He'll probably be one of the funniest pokemon since Breloom probably, assuming that he has the high speed stat and the move Transform.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Is Nintendo or Game Freak able to think up more new Abilities, Offensive/Defensive moves, and items? Feels like they are about to reach their limit of those.

Though i can't wait to see the new map design and Pokemon movie 13

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Certinaly they can. Even if we just look at generic things, there is still a lot of room for improvment in terms of increasing the movepool. For instance, we need more physical electric attacks, we need more counters to enviromental hazards, amongst many, many other similar things.

They could potentially make new abilities for ever I'd bet. There's no telling what they'll come up with next. Who knows, might be more broken than Stealth Rocks.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm expecting an Intimidate for Special Attack in the near future, personally. It seems like a likely move for them to make.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Priority is only given to a couple types. I hope this will be fixed.

Also, there still isn't a move which gives +1 Special Attack and +1 Speed.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
In other news I missed the first 30 minutes of Pokemon Sunday and nothing was in the last 30 so you've got no new info from me :/

Mewter

Smash Master
I think I'll wait for the third version this time around. :|
It's cool and all but meh.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of doing the same this time around. Emerald united the stories of Ruby and Sapphire, and Platinum gave Cyrus/Cynthia more purpose and expanded on everything Diamond and Pearl introduced. Compared to how Yellow and Crystal did things for their gens, I'm inclined to think waiting for the 3rd version will be a better move for 5th gen.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah yeah, enough with the race jokes regarding the game names, aye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom