• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ulti, what pokes would be problematic?

the two 'walls" of this game are blissey (fighting :bee: ) and Skarmory (use flamethrower)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Joe, stop assuming he'll get Flamethrower. Simply because Dragons have in the past doesn't mean he will. He is an unconventional Dragon type. Kingdra can not learn Flamethrower, and is an unconventional Dragon type.

JOE!

Smash Hero
friggen octillery can learn flamethrower.

also, how is he gonna be an unconventional dragon? We dont even know what his evolved forms are...

(that, and I imagine a dragon/fighting being somethign very kung-fu ish...)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Assuming it gets Flamethrower, I'd think a Dragon/Fighting would be much more physically inclined, therefore having a horrible SpA stat, making Flamethrower useless.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dragon/Fire would get Earth Power/Quake, and not only that, but NOT NEED fighting moves for coverage. Dragon/Fire/Ground Simply hits more, harder than Dragon/Fighting/[Fire/Ground]. Nothing resists Dragon/Fire on its own other than Heatran's set-up, and it has a 4x Ground weakness that can be abused regardless of if this is a Physical, special, or mixed Attacker, same with the Dragon/Fire STAB. Dragon/Fighting absolutely needs a 100+ SpA stat to OHKO Skarm without over-investing in SpA, so pretty much, Dragon/Fighting Mence is the only way it can be useful.

Dragon/Fire is better typing in realistic circumstances. Dragon/Fighting needs absolutely perfect circumstances to surpass it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
at the same time, would the dragon/fire be able to survive with it's weaknesses to ground and rock itself?

if it cant switch in to do damage, then its not really *that* good is it?

both go unresisted, it's now a matter of which would be more reliable...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Reshiram is Dragon/Fire and it seems it might get levitate as an ability (that or some exclusive ability). Obviously though, it won't be allowed in OU :p

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Reshiram is Dragon/Fire and it seems it might get levitate as an ability (that or some exclusive ability). Obviously though, it won't be allowed in OU :p
Reshiram is going to have TurboBlaze as an ability, like how Zekrom gets TeraVoltage.

I'm not sure what these abilities mean, but I guess they are like the abilities Blaze or Overgrow, only they either increase the power of the respective types by 100% when they reach 1/3 HP or less, or they increase the power of the respective types by 50% when they reach 1/2 HP or less. If either of those are true, then Groudon and Kyogre usage would increase hardcore.

And who else thinks that Zekrom and Reshiram will be physically based, like how
Palkia and Dialga are specially based? Reshiram could get Flare Blitz while Zekrom gets that new Wild Bolt attack.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ahhh I didn't know that (even though I remember someone mentioning TeraVoltage). Yeah I also agree that Reshiram won't have two abilities, which is why I said it will be one or the other.

M.K

Level 55
At what stage do you think we'll know every Pokemon in the game? A week before it comes out? The day it's out?
A few days before release, we'll have a general idea of all the Pokemon in the game.
For the Diamond/Pearl release, we had the little "Party" sprites of every Pokemon, but the true "battle" sprites were revealed in the playthrough that Serebii conducted.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I predict we'll know them all 2-5 days before release (or at least see pictures)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I can't wait till all of these pokemon are on Pokemon Online or Shoddy 2. Then we'll get to experiment in all kinds of ways with them.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Though restraining myself until the American release seems implausible, I do not want to reenact the same awkward sensation I had when Gen IV pokemon were all fully exposed. To this moment, I still feel able to wait for Gen V longer than the scheduled release date for Japan. I still want to experience the sensation of anticipation, as I am still flustered with the new info/leaks.

I will most likely set a pace for myself; see a little bit of new info everyday, not a lot all at once to abruptly ruin a small bit of my anticipation for these games. But, that's just me...

Moozle

Smash Champion
I can't wait till all of these pokemon are on Pokemon Online or Shoddy 2. Then we'll get to experiment in all kinds of ways with them.
I'm sooo excited for this! I wasn't playing pokemon competitively when Diamond and Pearl came out, so I wasn't there for all of the experimenting. It's really cool to have so many new options! I'm getting more and more excited for B&W as the days go bye.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I feel like black/white have come out way too fast. Although its awesome that it is coming so soon, i feel like i haven't actually been excited for that long, only a couple weeks tbh

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
To this moment, I still feel able to wait for Gen V longer than the scheduled release date for Japan. I still want to experience the sensation of anticipation, as I am still flustered with the new info/leaks.
I feel like black/white have come out way too fast. Although its awesome that it is coming so soon, i feel like i haven't actually been excited for that long
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels that Black & White are coming out a bit early, maybe too soon. Maybe I haven't been watching enough vids, absorbing every little image, or seeing every fan-bade pokemon.

In the past, I always waited maybe a couple of weeks or months before I got the English versions of the previous games. So the type of anticipation is going to change, good thing? Bad thing? Doesn't matter thing? Wait and see thing? Mmmmmm.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I feel like black/white have come out way too fast. Although its awesome that it is coming so soon, i feel like i haven't actually been excited for that long, only a couple weeks tbh
Heres the problem I do have with Black and White:

B/W Come out in America in Spring.

Few months later 3DS.

Oh no, B/W is outdated already. Seriously =/

Also, will B/W Pokemon be added on Shoddy after NA release or JP?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just curious, but is there an exact NA release date as of now? I haven't exactly looked around trying to find one, so im not really sure

Wrath`

Smash Master
@Shimazu, the 3DS is supposed to come out the first Q of the fiscal year witch is between Feb-Apr I believe, so I bet they might do some super 3DS bundle with Pokemon and a demo 3DS card, like how the DS had the Metroid Prime Hunters demo

I want to see the metagame allow back some unrightfully banned dragons, so hopefully we get a couple "Hard" dragon counters.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We DO have hard Dragon counters, It's just that Smogon doesn't recognise them.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
If a 3DS and Pokemon Black or White bundle were to come out, I would by it in a heartbeat. The 3DS could be black on the top and white on the bottom (or the other way around) with a logo or drawing of Zekerom and Rishiram. It would be kinda like the Mario Kart and DS combo back when the original DS came out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was thinking, if Heracross is getting an evo, do you think shuckle will as well? Afterall, they were kinda paired together with the same total in stats and both as dual bugs. If there is, that would be hilarious if they buffed defenses on him even more or gave him extra hp or something :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I doubt Shuckle would ever receive an evolution. Even if he did, stat rearrangement would probably be the way.

But hey, if they gave evolutions to Lickitung, Dusclops, and Yanma...

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
If Shuckle evolves, they gotta change the Rock typing into a Steel typing, and add some more HP, so it would be a Forretress with superior defenses on both sides, except it does not lay Spikes or Rapid Spin. The ability Shell Armor could fit well.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Speaking of evoltutions it looks like Luvdisc might be getting one.

Unless they decided to make another heart looking pokemon which would be really stupid. And even thought that red and blue pokemon probably isn't related to nosepass it would be kind of interesting if it got a third or alternate evlotuion.

edit: >.> enjoy the page stretch guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom