• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, I'm not picking Smugleaf as my starter. Maybe Pignition or Wotter, since Wotter grew on me. As has Pignition.

Wotter is just so ****ing cute, bros.
Exactly

I thought Wotter was actually ugly as sin when I first saw him, but he's grown on me and he's like my 2nd favorite pokemon introduced so far

JOE!

Smash Hero
What if the amount of legendaries in B/W is reduced? I mean, 10% of all Pokemon are legendaries (bit more than it was in Gen I).

I hope they give us just Zekrom, Reshiram, and a trio, plus the 100 every stat legendary. That's all a generation really needs. Some DPPt legendaries were completely unnecessary.
there are 49+ legendaries?

from bulbapedia:

Of the 514 Pokémon species, 37 are considered to be legendary, while several more have certain characteristics of legendary Pokémon.
that's only a little over 7% :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
93% of all 514 pokes arent legends...

And I'm pretty sure Reshiram and Zekrom are counted on the list of 37...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
*shrugs*

I don't know, I guess I want the legendaries to be more than just restart game, play up to that point, catch it.

The only ones that 'feel' legendary to me right now are Celebi and Arceus.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*shrugs*

I don't know, I guess I want the legendaries to be more than just restart game, play up to that point, catch it.

The only ones that 'feel' legendary to me right now are Celebi and Arceus.
You just won 100 respect points from me PowerBomb

There should still be less legends though. I mean, LEGENDS. There's a whole buttload of them, so they really aren't legendary

JOE!

Smash Hero
look at how many legends are in our own culture....

legends are super-rare / unique, but that doesnt mean there should only be like 5 of em

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I don't exactly see people walking around with a dragon, or a ****ing chimera.

Jeez, legends are everywhere in Pokemon, except for Celebi and Arceus (I mean legitimate ones).

Hell, Japanese events are more rare than the legends in Pokemon. I know some people do disagree with this, but I do wish we wouldn't get too many legendary Pokemon each generation.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Stop complaining. There's literally nothing you can do about it. Guess what, with a whole slew of new Pokémon this generation, that 7% of legendaries is probably going to drop.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What are ya talking about?

It's so easy to catch some of the legendaries that they're everywhere on Wi-fi/GTS stuff.

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are too easy to get, even Mewtwo is easy as **** to get.

Mew requires some work to get though, if you go through the ranch part, which is how it should be, considering they're legends.

EDIT: @ the post above: All right, all right.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wait, what are those funky things coming off of Super Luvdisc's body? They look at lot like hands of some sort.

Water/Fighting, maybe? A bit of a stretch, but hey, it's a Luvdisc evo, anythings possible.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
They look like hands, yeah. Will probably make a lot more sense when we see the art. Water/Fighting would be amazing :3

Seriously, resist Water/Fire/Bug/Rock/Dark/Steel/Ice. that's pretty **** sexy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They look nothing like hands other than having a few folds/flaps in them. I'd sooner think it's part Flying type than Fighting. The sun fish/what it is based off of has fins sticking out, not hands. <.<

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Enormous_Sunfish.jpg

Some are, very much so. If anything, GF will do the generic 'bigger size = more HP' treatment. Or at least buff one of its attack stats.
Or focus on its speed stat. It was the only decent stat Luvdisc had. It's HP, Att, and Def were totally pathetic, so I don't see any significant improvements.

I see mostly speed, defense, and special defense, possibly more diverse of a movepool.
(Baton Pass or Taunt, please)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
They DO look like hands though. Its not just the folds, its their tips and its thumb. I'm well aware of the Sunfish, I'm a wanna be Marine Biologist.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
^opinion, brah. I can see the thumb a bit, though, but it'll more likely just be a design similarity(unless they actually do something other than Helping Hand).

And cool, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist as well when I was younger. 'Til I realized I live in a desert with no way of traveling while staying near my family :<

Or focus on its speed stat. It was the only decent stat Luvdisc had. It's HP, Att, and Def were totally pathetic, so I don't see any significant improvements.

I see mostly speed, defense, and special defense, possibly more diverse of a movepool.
(Baton Pass or Taunt, please)
I kinda thought boosted Speed was a given, lol. That and Swift Swim/Agility will make it faster either way(especially in Ubers).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
the guy who made the vid confessed to making up the third evo but that the first 2 are real (2nd was recolored though so there may be a slight difference). regardless, it would be quite awesome if that were true. Or if he lied and that's actually the right one

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
They look nothing like hands other than having a few folds/flaps in them. I'd sooner think it's part Flying type than Fighting. The sun fish/what it is based off of has fins sticking out, not hands. <.<

Look that the way the first flap on each fin is shorter than the others. Much like a thumb. The rest of the 'flaps' also follow the same general length as fingers do.

Pokemon have been known for replacing body parts with objects, you know.

"Those aren't volcanoes on Camerupts back, guys, they're just humps."

UberMario

Smash Master
A leak involving Play-Doh (of all things) revealed there will be either a pre-evo or evo for the golden "axe head" pokemon, along with another unknown one.

XACE-K

Smash Master
A leak involving Play-Doh (of all things) revealed there will be either a pre-evo or evo for the golden "axe head" pokemon, along with another unknown one.
I'm thinking its a prevo only because the name is shorter. Also there are other rumors about the pokedex. (Isshu followed by national).

• #146 - Grass
  • #147 - Poison
  • #148 - Ground
  • #149 - Dragon / Fire (Reshiram?)
  • #150 - Dragon / Electric (Zekrom?)

• #637 - Ice / Fighting
  • #638 - Fire / Dark
  • #639 - Ground / Bug
  • #640 - Poison / Dragon
  • #641 - Steel
  • #642 - Water
  • #643 - Fire
  • #644 - Dragon / Ice
  • #645 - Normal / Ghost
  • #646 - Dragon
  • #647 - Dark / Psychic

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Poison/Dragon... yes...

Not to mention Ground/Bug sounds awesome as well, ive always liked bug type, just not the actual pokemon that are that type lol

Speaking of bugs, we need a pinsir evo...

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Normal/Ghost sounds sexy...
I've been waiting for a Gen to finally break this barrier, alas, none have done so. It could be known as a dimensional pokmeon, possibly travel between the living and the dead, similarly to Giratina. Normal and Ghost type seem to be good representation of living and dead. This is my most wanted combination for B&W (second would be Grass/Dragon, hopefully for Smugleaf's final evo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom