• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I didn't have sound, but I'm sure it's just those 8-bit noises they've had since Poke-game-1. :-/
But I do think it DOES have voices. I remember seeing a video released on Pokemon Sunday where the main character was walking through Huinn City and there were noises like the hustle and bustle of a city and whenever the character would approach an NPC, they would start talking in Japanese

But it was sorta hard to hear throught the quality of the vid

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think it'll ever be as good as the voices were for PS2, which had somewhat more realistic/not electric beeps for voices.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii O D I N

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Hearing the battle noises for the first time, I'm a little bit disappointed. Does anyone else here kinda dislike the sound of a supereffective hit in Gens IV and V compared to Gen. III's sharp cracks? I mean, it sounds horribly muffled, imo. Third gen's version actually sounded painful.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hearing the battle noises for the first time, I'm a little bit disappointed. Does anyone else here kinda dislike the sound of a supereffective hit in Gens IV and V compared to Gen. III's sharp cracks? I mean, it sounds horribly muffled, imo. Third gen's version actually sounded painful.
I don't think you can fully judge how good the sounds are until you hear the sounds outside of YouTube. Remember that YouTube kills video and sound quality.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Their cries don't sound as pathetic as Gen IV's was. Those cries were bad, IMO. I loved Gen I/II's Pokemon cries...

UberMario

Smash Master
Their cries don't sound as pathetic as Gen IV's was. Those cries were bad, IMO. I loved Gen I/II's Pokemon cries...
Yeah, the IV cries sound totally midi based, at least the Gen V ones shown so far try to sound vaguely like 8-bit.

Also, the Wild Pokemon Battle! Theme from the second video is so epic, I can just imagine a SSB4 music remix . . . . .

AND AWESOME! THE POKEMON GET A "IN PERIL" theme for when they're only one hit away from fainting!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know what I kinda don't get after watching that video? Why the pokemon don't wince or anything when they get hit by an attack

I know I might be getting ahead of the technology of the DS can offer so far, but it doesn't really make sense doesn't it?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
In the battles, the camera actually moves around a bit. I just noticed that. I know we've known about it, but to actually see it is pretty cool.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
But I do think it DOES have voices. I remember seeing a video released on Pokemon Sunday where the main character was walking through Huinn City and there were noises like the hustle and bustle of a city and whenever the character would approach an NPC, they would start talking in Japanese

But it was sorta hard to hear throught the quality of the vid
I still want voices one day. :-/

I don't think it'll ever be as good as the voices were for PS2, which had somewhat more realistic/not electric beeps for voices.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii O D I N
ISHIMAR!!!!! :D

Okay, so in Japan, there was this store named 'Ishimaru'... It didn't make me think of you... but I thought of it now... talking to you..... >_> Wassup?

a grass/ground/poison legendary trio would be pretty cool
I doubt we'll see trios. Too broken.

UberMario

Smash Master
You know what I kinda don't get after watching that video? Why the pokemon don't wince or anything when they get hit by an attack

I know I might be getting ahead of the technology of the DS can offer so far, but it doesn't really make sense doesn't it?
That, and I seriously hope they use different animations for their "in peril" movement. When I saw Wotter rocking back and forth in slowmotion, it looked like it was going to collapse, then it moonjumped. XD

Also, I wonder if the animation for Smugleaf was influenced by the fanbase, in one of his animations he crosses his arms with a "so what are ya waiting for" kind of attitude.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I doubt we'll see trios. Too broken.
I think proxy was referring to the legendary trios, as in Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Entei/Suicune/Raikou, Regice/Regirock/Registeel, and Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf.

Personally, I think Grass / Ground / Poison sounds like an interesting combo, but I don't care a whole lot as long as the trio isn't as boring as the 4th gen trio. Even their story is pretty lame. I mean, their Pokédex entry info is fairly interesting, but their only use is related to Dialga and Palkia, whereas all of the other trios had their own story.

If fifth gen can make a trio that can top the Regis for me, that would be amazing. I've always liked the Regis (excluding Regigigas), and after seeing Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and how absolutely terrifying they were in action, I absolutely love them. I think the Regis might even be my favorite legends at this point. Game Freak ought to do something like the Regis again -- no more of the "fleeing" crap, I'd love to see some more Pokémon that actually have to be discovered, that are hidden away somewhere and not just sitting in an island cave.

Scratch these legendary Pokémon who want to be challenged by you or want to play with you or whatever -- these are supposed to be legendary, so they should be hidden somewhere and attack with full force when you disturb them.

I DO think it DOES HAVEvoices. Ask someone else if they remember that vid though, because it could be possible that I fabricated this all in my head
I don't recall anything about a video, but I do remember hearing that you would hear the chatter of people while walking through Hiun City.

I don't think those are the kind of voices ODIN is talking about, though. I'm pretty sure he means actual voices for the people and / or Pokémon, and as cool as hearing the chatter of people is, it isn't exactly "voices".

UberMario

Smash Master
A grass-ground-poison legendary trio could be awesome. It could almost be like how the starters work, where one is strong to a second and weak to the third, but based on a "real" animal triangle. (i.e. a grass rat, ground roadrunner, and poison snake. Rats eat bird eggs so that could complete the cycle)

Kole

Smash Lord
i agree about the running legendaries. they should have more depth to them, not "go into a cave. then chase this Pokemon around"

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
If you think about it the Regi's were the hardest to get Trio. Without the Internet most of us wouldn't have them, unlike the other Trio's.

Btw what does everyone think the 3rd Legendary will represent? If the Black and White ones are supposed to represent Technology and Nature, what's the 3rd one going to be?

UberMario

Smash Master
Btw what does everyone think the 3rd Legendary will represent? If the Black and White ones are supposed to represent Technology and Nature, what's the 3rd one going to be?
Hmmm, Technology, Nature, and Seismic Activity? Or maybe Gravity?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Gravity and Seismic activity seems totally out of place. Gravity would fit in more with Gen IV and seismic activity with Gen III.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think the trio will all be nature related. Poison could be toxic-waste-dump-gone-awry/acid rain, ground could be seismic stuff/landfill/something to do with wastelands, and grass could be swamp related. There's a possiblity there will be another trio based on tech to offset this(steel rock ice...owait, fire), kinda like how there was more than one trio in the 4th gen(one being uber aside).

ISHIMAR!!!!! :D

Okay, so in Japan, there was this store named 'Ishimaru'... It didn't make me think of you... but I thought of it now... talking to you..... >_> Wassup?
teehee. Just Japan be stealing my name, not much else. hbu?

UberMario

Smash Master
Gravity and Seismic activity seems totally out of place. Gravity would fit in more with Gen IV and seismic activity with Gen III.
True, just trying to think of something not related to nature or technology that would fit.

We have one super power of fire, one of technology, maybe the rumored Green Cobra will be about healing and the circle of life?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Also, I wonder if the animation for Smugleaf was influenced by the fanbase, in one of his animations he crosses his arms with a "so what are ya waiting for" kind of attitude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aANtlw2nJY=2m52s

This just has to be true.

Civilization, maybe?

Kole

Smash Lord
Civilization goes hand-in-hand with technology, I doubt it will be that.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
^^ Not necessarily. Zekrom represents very advanced technology. Civilization can be anything from nature-dependent nomads to New York City.

Civilization? What would is look like to represent that?
Hmm, I'm not sure. How is Reshiram supposed to represent nature?

Perhaps it could weild some weapon, or something.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't think Reshiram and Zekrom represent nature or technology at all. I think their Pokedex entries were leaked on Pokebeach a while back and they just said Reshiram's heat moves the atmosphere and Zekrom generates huge thunderstorms. They seem more sky-related than anything. That Zekrom looks sort of robotic is just a unique design, I think. I could be wrong, though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why not an in between? Though I spose that's kind of been done with Mewtwo.

Kole

Smash Lord
The only possibility I can think of is that the 3rd one represents either complete descruction or nothingness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom