• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
if shuckle gets an evo it should stay bug/rock as that is actually a decent typing imo. 3 weaknesses is all it has (i think, i just thought over the types for about 10 seconds so i could be wrong). I would love it though cuz i like messing around with shuckle as a gimmicky pokemon in my teams :p (not really serious teams though)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
A Luvdisc evo?

Finally, a step in the right direction. Make more Pokemon have better evo's, GF!

Perhaps this also means that we'll get even more Pokemon with next-gen evo's this time around.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The (potential) Luvdisc evolution looks cool, and I'm a supporter of the idea and all, but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed. Given how many Pokémon we had seen and the fact that none so far had been an evolution of a previously existing Pokémon -- that we knew of, at least -- I was beginning to think we'd have a generation that starts off completely new, with all-new Pokémon.

I know almost everyone else wants old Pokémon to get evolutions, but if fourth gen proved anything it's that evolutions can screw up old Pokémon more than help them. I guess frankly, since I'm not all that involved with the competitive side of things, stats mean little-to-nothing to me, and I don't really care if Farfetch'd is competitively viable or not -- I'd rather see it stay as it is now.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I don't see a Corsola evo
None of us probably guessed that Dusclops would get an evo, so the door for this little piece of coral is definately open.

Wait we're getting a Luvdisc evo or are speculating? Because I don't see anything on Serebii
*looks left*
Right here brah.

By the way someone tell Shimazu the new evo isn't a fatty.
I repeat: IT'S NOT A FATTY!

UberMario

Smash Master
lol I can't believe Roacherman didn't bring up how terrible the rock pokemon's shadow placement is after noticing the Pigeon's FOOT was out of place on another shot.

UberMario

Smash Master

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Luvdisc has an evo now? I like when they give evolutions to God awful pokemon to make them at least mildly useful. I'm still holding out on Tauros, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Pachirizu, Sudowoodo, and Dunsparce to get evos this time around too.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Luvsaucer makes me think of Lumineon like craaazyyyy, mixed with Seaking. I don't like it. :c

And I mean that it seems like the evo will be as useless as one of them. It just doesn't look threatening in any way that could make me think otherwise.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Well, let's revisit to Luvdisc.
HP: 43
Att: 30
Def: 55
SpAt: 40
SpDe: 65
Speed: 97

Obviously, when it recieves better stats, it will probably be focused on speed and defenses. By judging Luvdisc's stats, it's not offensively inclined. Luvdisc does not have access to Baton Pass, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, and has a very limited movepool as is. This new evo might pull it out of NU, but doesn't seem to fit very well in a specific roll (unless it got a major movepool adjustment). Then again, we haven't seen anything but the sprite for its evo.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
>New evolution for Luvdisc named Mamanbō will be seen tomorrow.
>Gyms are no longer relegated to single types. While certain single type gyms will still exist, some will now focus on strategies such as a "Sunny Day" gym and a "Trick Room" gym.
>We have already seen said "Trick Room" gym, the roller coaster area, and a Bug gym, the honey walled place.
>N is related to the head of the evil Team Plasma.
>Zekrom and Reshiram exist in the same area in each game and are version exclusive. There is no way to catch both ala Lugia and Ho-Oh.
>Cheren takes Pokemon who are weak to, Belle takes the Pokemon you are strong against.

This comes from the same 2chaner that leaked info about Luvdisc evolution last night.

Kole

Smash Lord
>New evolution for Luvdisc named Mamanbō will be seen tomorrow.
>Gyms are no longer relegated to single types. While certain single type gyms will still exist, some will now focus on strategies such as a "Sunny Day" gym and a "Trick Room" gym.
>We have already seen said "Trick Room" gym, the roller coaster area, and a Bug gym, the honey walled place.
>N is related to the head of the evil Team Plasma.
>Zekrom and Reshiram exist in the same area in each game and are version exclusive. There is no way to catch both ala Lugia and Ho-Oh.
>Cheren takes Pokemon who are weak to, Belle takes the Pokemon you are strong against.

This comes from the same 2chaner that leaked info about Luvdisc evolution last night.
i was just in that exact thread on /vp/

i like the idea of the gyms

PowerBomb

Smash Master
i was just in that exact thread on /vp/

i like the idea of the gyms
/vp/

I wonder how will it will last. BACK TO TOPIC

Dunsparce needs such an amazing evolution that it over centralizes the metagame so much that it becomes banned to Ubers...

WHERE IT STILL MAKES A PRESENCE

Kole

Smash Lord
I hope the legendary trio we get (assuming we do) isn't as bad as Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf. Possibly my least favorite Pokemon of all time.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What if the amount of legendaries in B/W is reduced? I mean, 10% of all Pokemon are legendaries (bit more than it was in Gen I).

I hope they give us just Zekrom, Reshiram, and a trio, plus the 100 every stat legendary. That's all a generation really needs. Some DPPt legendaries were completely unnecessary.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Cheren takes Pokemon who are weak to, Belle takes the Pokemon you are strong against.

What does this mean?

Edit: Haha Proxy I was just thinking a minute ago about how much I like those three XD

Kole

Smash Lord
I'll want Zekrom, Reshiram, a trio, and maybe one or two other ones.

@Moozle: I guess Cheren is the rival and Belle is the weak spineless friend who teaches you how to catch Pokemanz.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's like this.

If you take the Fire-type start, Cheren gets the Water-type, and Belle takes the Grass-type.

That's what I think it is.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Cheren takes Pokemon who are weak to, Belle takes the Pokemon you are strong against.

What does this mean?
I think it means that Cheren will take the starter Pokemon that has a type advantage over yours, and Belle will take the starter that has a type disadvantage against yours.

EDIT: Ninjask'd!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Thanks all 5 people who answered XD I really like the idea of all three starters being used!

As long as they aren't as dumb as Wally

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

What does this mean?

Edit: Haha Proxy I was just thinking a minute ago about how much I like those three XD
Starters, brah.

And I thought the Trick Room based gym was already semi-done by Blue in HG. Improving on that would be mint.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You know, I'm not picking Smugleaf as my starter. Maybe Pignition or Wotter, since Wotter grew on me. As has Pignition.

Wotter is just so ****ing cute, bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom