• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
if he has Dragon/Fighting (or Dragon/Rock) typing, that'll be the first time one of those guys dont have a double weakness to something :o

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Only info I can find on that cute little fella is that it's a dragon. I'm gonna second the dark type, but also suggest maybe grass. Which would be terrible for those weak to Ice... >_>

Here's hoping for a Dark/Dragon. That would be interesting.

M.K

Level 55
There's good reason to believe that this is the next OU Dragon pokemon from Gen V.
Also, since it will learn "Double Chop', it very well could be a Dragon/Fighting.
Ah! Forgot about Double Chop! Wow, it really could be Dragon/Fighting, how wonderful that would be!
However, how exactly do "tusks" fit into the fighting theme? I suppose we'll find out later, since Kibago is pure Dragon and what not.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
People have speculated that Ononokusu (this: )

...is Kibago's evolution. And since I initially thought Dragon/Rock when I saw Onono, that's what I say Kibago's evolution will be.

Also, since it will learn "Double Chop', it very well could be a Dragon/Fighting.
I was actually reading on Smogon that Double Chop would translate better as Double "Chomp", as in a bite, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I totally predicted that if he is Dragon/Fighting. Way back when Daimond/Pearl were released i made up my own pokemon that was Dragon/Fighting (however he looked much different, he had tape wrapped around his fists for one). I am using this guy if he turns out to be Dragon/Fighting FOR SURE

EDIT: @Joe: but metagross wasn't a dragon, plus they had salamence that gen as well >.> (i guess Ttar isnt either but he at least looks like one)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ah! Forgot about Double Chop! Wow, it really could be Dragon/Fighting, how wonderful that would be!
However, how exactly do "tusks" fit into the fighting theme? I suppose we'll find out later, since Kibago is pure Dragon and what not.
It's pure dragon as of right now, but that also appears to be it's early/birth evo.

Dragon/Fighting would be wicked. :D

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
People have speculated that Ononokusu (this: )

...is Kibago's evolution. And since I initially thought Dragon/Rock when I saw Onono, that's what I say Kibago's evolution will be.
Kibago is labeled as a Tusk Pokemon. There appears to be tusks growing from the mouth to the outside area. It's possible, but the resemblence between the two seems kind of iffy to me. This would most likely be it's final evo if this were to be true.
I was actually reading on Smogon that Double Chop would translate better as Double "Chomp", as in a bite, but I don't know how accurate that is.
Most confirmed moves have the same name, or unaltered. IMO, this seems unlikely, but I'll keep that in mind.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just hope Kibago's final evo doesn't fall into ubers, im hoping for a solid OU pokemon here

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm just hoping for a Water/Steel with Levitate, great defenses and good Special Attack coupled with a Ghost/Steel with Heatproof/Levitate and decent offenses and Defenses, which together, pretty much drop all the OU borderline Dragons (Latias, Mence, and chomp).

JOE!

Smash Hero
I've gone on rants before....

Dragon/foght is the absolute best offensive typing in the game, with ONLY ghost/steel being able to resist it....

and even then it's iffy as dragins usually get fire attacks too

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If I felt like it I would argue Dragon/Fire > Dragon/Fight, but knowing you're more stubborn than me (and that's saying something >HINTHINT PC REVOLUTION<) it's probly not worth my time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nintendo should have a create your own pokemon contest and have the winning pokemon added to Black/White

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm just hoping for a Water/Steel with Levitate, great defenses and good Special Attack coupled with a Ghost/Steel with Heatproof/Levitate and decent offenses and Defenses, which together, pretty much drop all the OU borderline Dragons (Latias, Mence, and chomp).

I like this idea.

Nintendo should have a create your own pokemon contest and have the winning pokemon added to Black/White
I love this idea, too.

Speaking of these designs, is Dragon/Fighting confirmed, or still rumored?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Rumored, but if he does have double chop, that just adds to the possibility

EDIT: ninja'd by odin >.>

JOE!

Smash Hero
If I felt like it I would argue Dragon/Fire > Dragon/Fight, but knowing you're more stubborn than me (and that's saying something >HINTHINT PC REVOLUTION<) it's probly not worth my time.
while true, being dragon/ means that it should have acces to fire attacks anyways....

part fighting means it gets fighting STAB, and Fire attacks from being a dragon, whereas teh dragon/fire may lose out on having that handy fighting pool open for it

M.K

Level 55
There really isn't any reason to assume that the pokemon is Fighting and Dragon.
Yes, yes there is. He gets the move "Double Chop" which, in itself, implies a Fighting-type, considering all the moves with "Chop" in their name have been fighting (Karate Chop, Cross Chop, etc.)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I recall that being said it was a mistranslation that Serebii never corrected (such as EarthquakeSpiral being completely wrong). It's Double Chomp, not Double Chop.

M.K

Level 55
I recall that being said it was a mistranslation that Serebii never corrected (such as EarthquakeSpiral being completely wrong). It's Double Chomp, not Double Chop.
Not that anybody is aware. Serebii, Bulbapedia, and PokeJungle all have the move listed as "Double Chop", not "Double Chomp".

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
there's no reason to assume anything off of that video. All we see are two attack flashes.
In fact, look at the damage it does to Munna, a Psychic type with a decent amount of health. If that was fighting, no way it could do this much damage.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Perhaps it isn't Fighting-type.

Maybe it's like Doubleslap, which is Normal-type.

Doubleslap = Normal
Wake-up Slap = Fighting

Kole

Smash Lord
I don't really mind what dual type Kibago's evolutions has (if any) as long as it's something that hasn't been done.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pure Dragon all the way would be fine by me. It'd be interesting for a species that looks like it'll just be a dinosaur.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Dragon/foght is the absolute best offensive typing in the game, with ONLY ghost/steel being able to resist it....
Maybe UltiMario's not up for the argument, but I am. You realize that just with typing alone, Dragon/Fire STAB goes COMPLETELY unresisted, right? Steel is the only thing that resists Dragon, and nothing is immune to Fire. So only Heatran or another Fire/Steel w/ Flash Fire can stand up to it, as (at least for now) there is no such thing as a non-Fire-type Pokemon w/ Flash Fire.

You only think yours is better because the typing doesn't exist yet. But that doesn't mean the typing won't ever exist. And when it does, your theory will be wrong.

Oh yeah, and to add on to that, there isn't a single Dragon-type (so far) that doesn't get EQ, meaning you can easily **** over any Fire/Steel w/ Flash Fire if you cared to, and you can do so a lot easier than you could **** over a Ghost/Steel.

Anyway...Kibago looks Dragon/Rock or Dragon/Ground to me, sadly (although Dragon/Rock would be cool). I'm pretty sure it's the pseudo-legendary though. It just looks the part too well to NOT be it. Although I guess it could pull an Aron...

JOE!

Smash Hero
again, a dragon/fight gets alot of what it needs from just being dragon/, such as fire attacks and like you said, EQ

the fighting secondary is just icing on the cake as it adds even more offense, as you wouldnt need to be a fire type to have good fire moves if you're dragon/

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
there's no reason to assume anything off of that video. All we see are two attack flashes.
In fact, look at the damage it does to Munna, a Psychic type with a decent amount of health. If that was fighting, no way it could do this much damage.
Actually, Double Chop has been confirmed to be a Dragon type attack, so it would do normal damage, no resistance. It is also stated that it hits twice, so the double hit animation as seen around 2:08 is very, very likely to be Double Chop.

It would make perfect sense to show off the move that has been leaked/confirmed and show Kibago using set move. It's not like another move that hits twice would be used in this video demonstration. Double hit perhaps? Not buying that.

This would also confirm that the attack is not double chomp, since the animation suggests a slash, followed by a wooosh noise. If it was a bite, it would show some sort of bite animation, or at least a sound animation that sounded like a bite. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'd just like to mention that Fire is a better STAB to have tan Fighting due to coverage, and You'd get at least Brick Break anyways, but you wouldn't need it. STAB Dragon/Fire with Ground hits more, harder than STAB Dragon/Fighting with Fire, your best coverage option methinks. Other than base power, that's why Mence packs EQ over BB.

Oh, yeah, uhh.. While both combos are unresisted, D/F hits the neutrals with Fire STAB, while you lack STAB on problematic Pokes.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do not get how Double Chop is a Dragon type attack. How is any sort of chopping attack attributed to Dragons? Are we sure there is no mis-translation? It just seems too unfitting in my thoughts

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It'll probly be englishified as "Drago Chops" or something

<.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom