• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then look it up, it's been in the news, and this post^ was useless!
You don't get much at all, do you? What DO you get? Jeez.
For the sake of not being an complete douchebag:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/cgear.shtml
Sorry if I don't spend 24 hours each day looking for news of the game on Serebii. Of all the times I've been on the **** homepage, I haven't seen any news on the C Gear, so excuse me if I don't apparently care enough to dig in deeper to the **** game when I wasn't even aware of this feature in the first place.

M.K

Level 55
Well before you make another stupid comment, you should probably look it up on the internet. Stop being a baby, nobody looks at the homepage for 24 hours, you're just coming off as desperately frustrated. ^_^ *pats on head* It's okay, we all learn from our mistakes.

Anyways, the C Gear looks like a fun addition. It pretty much confirms that your "other sex" character (Girl if you choose Boy, Boy if you choose girl) is in the game (or at least the Dream World). I like the fact that you can have a different character (Lass, Youngster, Hiker, Lady, etc.) as your character in the dream world. Really living out your dreams, I suppose.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
In all honestly, it really wasn't a stupid comment. It was more or less asking (though in statement form) what the C-Gear was. I didn't really know, short of it being what you use to wirelessly connect. And actually, beyond that we don't really know. And even more so, that video really didn't explain anything. So, along with Celebi, I have no idea what that video was supposed to show.

Meta Kirby, you came off as a jerk way more then Celebi did as ignorant. Especially the degrading way you're *pat*-ing his head.

Although, any information added to the thread is appreciated by all. So for that, I thank you.

Anyways. Wargle is the coolest bird pokemon ever, I've decided. Has any footage been shown that someone could use to magic come up with his stats?

ChKn

Smash Ace
Wargle is a ****ing ballin pokemon. I want to see what he looks like shiny. They better make a legit Kangaroo and/or a Koala and I will truly <3 this Gen.

I kinda don't care for which version I get since I can trade up with others and eventually I'll just sav it to create some teams. I would like for this gen to display what IVs/EVs you have, but I highly doubt that'll happen.

M.K

Level 55
If he was asking what it was, there was much more appropriate ways to do so.
And it's just the same old "blah blah MK is a jerk blah" statement that I've heard 1,000 times before. I'm sorry you can't handle it lawl.
It's not my problem you don't understand what's going on in the video. I can't understand Japanese either, but it's clear that it's simply the player entering the Dream world through the High Link using the C-Gear.
All of which we've seen before.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Interesting video! I can't wait to enter the Dream World as an overworld character of choice. Think it will be determined by the ID like in Generation IV?

M.K

Level 55
Well, as I recall, I think there was an NPC in one of the early Poke Centers for D/P/Pt and HG/SS that let you change what you "appeared' to be online, or am I totally making this up o.o?
However, there was once a screen in a video that seemed to suggest that you can pick your own avatar.

Kole

Smash Lord
I don't really like Wooguru/Wargle actually...something about him just look kinda weird.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well before you make another stupid comment, you should probably look it up on the internet. Stop being a baby, nobody looks at the homepage for 24 hours, you're just coming off as desperately frustrated. ^_^ *pats on head* It's okay, we all learn from our mistakes.

Oh right, and YOU say I come of as impolite when I respond to people. If you give advice in another thread look at yourself first before you criticize others.

And the fact that you enter the dream world as another character... don't you already do that in the Union Room? Or do you actually SEE yourself as another character in your own screen. So if you picked the Hiker, you'd not only look like him to other people, but you appear to be him on your own screen?

M.K

Level 55
It doesn't matter if you don't wanna take criticism when you asked for it.
I didn't ask for it lawl. Ah well, not worth my time!

You see yourself as a different character on the screen.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The video demonstrated that you are in control of a different overworld character. As in, the one you selected or were predetermined by through personal I.D. which is pretty neat.

Also, Meta-Kirby, that smiley is amazing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't matter if you don't wanna take criticism when you asked for it.
I didn't ask for it lawl. Ah well, not worth my time!

You see yourself as a different character on the screen.
First off, the tone you used when you criticized me was an impolite one, so I had more than enough of a reason to respond like I did.

And it doesn't matter, you still don't respond to somebody like a ****ing *******.

On topic:

Have they confirmed which people you'll get to be in the C Gear thing?

Off topic again:

W00t! A couple of posts away from 6000 :D

Kole

Smash Lord
So what do you guys think the Game Corner in the non-Japanese versions will be like? I hope they don't keep that stupid Voltorb Flip ****

M.K

Level 55
Also, Meta-Kirby, that smiley is amazing.
God I know right!

@Roacherman, lawl whatever man, just chill yourself down. We've all moved on, can you now?

@_proxy_, HONESTLY I'm sort of "done" with the whole Game Corner ideal. Yeah, it's a staple in the Pokemon franchise, but honestly I'd love to see a fresh new way to obtain the TMs we all need (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower) and new ways to play "mini games".

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But I liked the Game Corner and memorizing the timing to get Triple 7s most the time D:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All right, first of all, I know the argument is over now, but let's try and avoid petty arguments in the future.

Second of all, guys, posts saying "I don't know what this is" are pointless, since there's Google and Serebii for that. If you look up information and can't figure it out, then ask other people if they understand what it is. Simply stating that you don't understand isn't going to accomplish anything, and you're going to wind up getting responses like MK's, whether or not they're in the right in responding like that. So let's just avoid the drama altogether, okay?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Protip: When you say "Petty arguments", for some reason you get on people's bad sides more often than just saying "arguments".

Also, is it only me thinking that B/W will get terrible sales going by the slogan "You won't even believe it's Pokemon" or whatever it was? Wasn't that the reason why Pokemon gets less sales per game? Nostalgia is what old Pokemon players tend to thrive one, and while they're still going to get the kiddies, I'm seeing that Pokemon will get even LESS popular with the older audience than it already is. There are people that have disliked the games since there were more than 151 due to the near impossibility to catch them all or keep track of them all, now with 600-650 Pokemon and complete deviation from the old games, I don't think Pokemon is going to hold up that well in terms of a large, age-diverse audience.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow loooool. They're seriously going with the slogan "You won't even believe it's Pokemon"

Are they going to be selling butter along with the game?

And I enjoy the tastk of catching htem all.

Makes the game that much more fullfilling and lenghty to me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wow loooool. They're seriously going with the slogan "You won't even believe it's Pokemon"

Are they going to be selling butter along with the game?

And I enjoy the tastk of catching htem all.

Makes the game that much more fullfilling and lenghty to me.
Yeah...that's a bad slogan. Also, catching them all is meh at this point with me. I've done it three times now. I want to see them make obtaining HP easier.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Also, is it only me thinking that B/W will get terrible sales going by the slogan "You won't even believe it's Pokemon" or whatever it was? Wasn't that the reason why Pokemon gets less sales per game? Nostalgia is what old Pokemon players tend to thrive one, and while they're still going to get the kiddies, I'm seeing that Pokemon will get even LESS popular with the older audience than it already is. There are people that have disliked the games since there were more than 151 due to the near impossibility to catch them all or keep track of them all, now with 600-650 Pokemon and complete deviation from the old games, I don't think Pokemon is going to hold up that well in terms of a large, age-diverse audience.

I've heard them use this phrase only a handful of times.
Also, its not just Notalgia that gets the old gamers mad abuot the new Pokemon. Sure, a lot complain about the number of Pokemon, but there's nothing you could do for this stupid people. I've heard just as many complain about how the game has not changed. Since Nintendo can't have the other group, they went after those who wanted some kind of change.

M.K

Level 55
No where has it been stated that what you suggest is the slogan. You are possibly getting it confused with the interview in which a Game Freak representative said "You'll be asking yourself 'Is this even Pokemon?'" in response to a question regarding Black/White. This interview was early in development and it is clear that we are seeing quite a few differences between the previous generations and this generation.

bazza505

Smash Rookie
guys theres like 15 ore already been released, use a website that updates regularly like serebii or something

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They should let you customize what your trainer looks like, that would be the best

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I could care less, I just want a change of clothes. You know, like how you could be a Team Rocket Grunt in HG/SS, except more permanent.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
15 ore? Wow, that's a lot of ore. Where can I get me some of this ore? I know a good blacksmith.
OffTopic: Dude I was mining with my level36 Geodude and got lots of Mythril ore.

They should let you customize what your trainer looks like, that would be the best
Ontopic. YESYESYES. I love that. I'd love to be able to customize how I look and junk.

I could care less, I just want a change of clothes. You know, like how you could be a Team Rocket Grunt in HG/SS, except more permanent.
Ontopic: Customization like to the level of FF and DQ games would be pretty cool Roach, but that's a good idea too.

OffTopic: they need curly haired Trainers. "Afro Andy sends out Sandshrew"

Moozle

Smash Champion
I feel like after a few generations the customization would get a little crazy, like Fable. Then the pokemon wouldn't be the main focus and that's just not fun. I do think that you should get a chance to change some of your clothes, though.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Rofl

So, Pokabu gets Nitro Charge. Fire-type priority move, maybe?

Smugleaf -> Grass Mixer
Wotter -> Shell Blade
Pignite -> Nitro Charge.

Interesting. Found that on serebii.net. I don't know why, but I can't access pokebeach right now.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Apparently Shell Blade was confirmed a while back for Mijumaru, but I somehow missed it.

It sounds like an awesome move! *dreams of samurai otter*

Kole

Smash Lord
Pokebeach posted on their Facebook that they're way over there bandwidth this month and will be down for a little bit.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Rofl

So, Pokabu gets Nitro Charge. Fire-type priority move, maybe?

Smugleaf -> Grass Mixer
Wotter -> Shell Blade
Pignite -> Nitro Charge.

Interesting. Found that on serebii.net. I don't know why, but I can't access pokebeach right now.
It's don't think it's priority. I believe his partner is using the move "you first" on him to make him attack first.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How long have they said that You First would last?

And why wouldn't you be able to use it on your allies? You can hurt them for no reason at all already, like what I did to my rival during that double battle on Mt. Coronet, then why wouldn't you be able to use moves like You First on them?

Btw, the new crime syndicate had better be cooler than Team Galactic, because their hairstyle is ewww.

Hell, why can't we drop Team off the names of the crime syndicates? It's getting old. Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team galactic.

Too many teams.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
How long have they said that You First would last?

And why wouldn't you be able to use it on your allies? You can hurt them for no reason at all already, like what I did to my rival during that double battle on Mt. Coronet, then why wouldn't you be able to use moves like You First on them?

Btw, the new crime syndicate had better be cooler than Team Galactic, because their hairstyle is ewww.

Hell, why can't we drop Team off the names of the crime syndicates? It's getting old. Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team galactic.

Too many teams.
5 Dollars says Team Ying Team Yang.

Also, I think the Samurai Otter is coming to fruition. Finally! Now we need a Ninja Pokemon. (Anyone who says Ninjask will be pummeled somehow)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I was kind of amazed they didn't let you this gen, tbh. I mean, keep the basic avatar, but allow clothes to change at least. Who wasn't insanely happy when you dressed up at a rocket member in HG/SS? Oh well.

OffTopic: Dude I was mining with my level36 Geodude and got lots of Mythril ore.
lolol. Smithing level?
jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom