• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
... ok, I still can't understand what the hell this guy is saying
I think he's posting some random Japanese to try to make it look like a "real" Pokemon Co. official is endorsing the page. Maybe. Still, our combined efforts seem to have encouraged other people to speak out against him. :)

We know a little bit about the 3 on 3 duel system. Does anyone know for certain if switching around characters would be do-able?

Why didn't I see the technology vs. nature theme sooner?
I'm pretty sure there was a tidbit somewhere that said that you can switch around the positions of your Pokemon during a battle, but I don't think it elaborated much more on that.

EDIT: Ninjask'd!

Also, long time no see, Tyfighter?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Life has brought me limes, for some reason.

I might want to direct attention to another topic that may or may not be included in future games. We saw the different orbs for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, as they attributed certain boosts for certain attacks. Now, what if individual items started popping up for other pokemon, and to what degree? If certain pokemon don't get evos, will they get indiv. items? Though if GF were to include this, I'm sure they would keep a very tight hold on the effect of these. We don't want to see any game-changing stat boosters. (Sweeping Corsola anyone?)
~celebi~ are an hero!
Don't even go there!
jk you can do with what you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I might want to direct attention to another topic that may or may not be included in future games. We saw the different orbs for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, as they attributed certain boosts for certain attacks. Now, what if individual items started popping up for other pokemon, and to what degree? If certain pokemon don't get evos, will they get indiv. items? Though if GF were to include this, I'm sure they would keep a very tight hold on the effect of these. We don't want to see any game-changing stat boosters. (Sweeping Corsola anyone?)
You mean like the Light Ball for Pikachu? I hope more items come out like that to help out weaker Pokemon. A "Light Ball" for Corsola would be awesome.

And it looks like the dude on Facebook has given up. Apparently, "The Pokemon Co." has appointed two fans of the page to be the administrators. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Looooool

Sucks I can't comment anymore though, because the guy blocked me and the comment button dissappeared XD

And whoo hoo, I'm a hero :D

UberMario

Smash Master
I wish someone would e-mail GameFreak and notify of them of this wolf in sheep's clothing. >_>

Surely the ACTUAL Pokemon Co could convince the Facebook admins by personal message to delete the page due to violations.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
And it looks like the dude on Facebook has given up. Apparently, "The Pokemon Co." has appointed two fans of the page to be the administrators. :laugh:
That fake 'leaker' finally got what he derseved, kind of like 'TheAlmightyGoat' back in the day? Thumbs up if you remember : )

You mean like the Light Ball for Pikachu? I hope more items come out like that to help out weaker Pokemon.
Sort of.
We've already seen a form of that, but it has been in very limited use. Marowak has the bone, Farfetch'd has the leak, Pikachu has the light ball, but we could see more. Maybe instead of evolutions, we see personal items for specific pokemon. The effects could also be interesting, whether it varies on direct stat boosts, attack type, or other factors.

The challenge would be to make it effective, but not overpowering. I'll give you an example, but in terms of an evolution: Dusknoir. Dusclops was already a good pokemon, good defense, made to be a tank, but all of a sudden, Dusknoir showed up, and came in all "lol guys base 135 def. and sp. def.". Now I like Dusknoir's addition, but it seemed a bit much. I hope that kind of addition/feeling when individual items are in play are avoided, though I wouldn't mind a special sweeping Venomoth on my team.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I wonder what the other version exclusives will be like, I reckon an interesting idea would be pokemon like nidoran and volbeat that will have one version getting the male version and one getting the female version =p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol who cares if the goth girl is a Black exclusive.

Zekrom > Reshiram any day of the week.

White version all the way.

EDIT: @Adolf I'm black and I'm getting White version solely for Zekrom... So yeah.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh, that. Yeah, I'm aware of that, but that doesn't disprove that yin and yang will take a part in the story. After all, Zekrom and Reshiram's classifications are the Black Yin pokemon and the White Yang pokemon, respectively.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
"IMO" is such a weird abbreviation. I mean, I always imagined it was suppose to be used this way:

Imo **** you up man. IMO bad mother ****er. Imo get laid tonight.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ok, srsly, everyone cool your jets!
Black and White does not represent good vs evil and certainly does not represent race.

It is the representation of the innocence of nature and the dangers of technology.
(or the separation of pokemon and humans, making the world black and white, dull)
Was this not my concept for Pokemon Rust? Man, I seemed to nail a lot of the B/W concepts way back.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Was this not my concept for Pokemon Rust? Man, I seemed to nail a lot of the B/W concepts way back.
yeah, I know how ya feel XD

I remember when I was eight, and I COMPLETELY called out D/P

I said "the new games are probably gonna be diamond and pearl. Prolly something like life and death or time and space."

when it came out, I was like "WHO F*CKING CALLED IT!"

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
yeah, I know how ya feel XD

I remember when I was eight, and I COMPLETELY called out D/P

I said "the new games are probably gonna be diamond and pearl. Prolly something like life and death or time and space."

when it came out, I was like "WHO F*CKING CALLED IT!"
I get Diamond, but what made you think Pearl?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Naw, I actually called out Platinum sorta. I had that on the list of possible names for gen 4, but it turned out to be the 3rd game, which counts... I think

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well good for you Spire & Charmander. Here's a cookie.
Btw, I sorta predicted Zororark. I thought there would be a dark type wolf pokemon but instead, we got a dark fox. Close enough for me.

Also how many pokemon does everyone think will be in next month's CoroCoro? Serebii & Pokebeach say there will be a lot of new ones so I'm gonna guess somewhere in the 10-20 range.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like how everyone considers themselves a sage after a games release.
I predicted that the Pokemon Movies would gradually decline in value over the years.

I'm amazing.

Seriously though, I have a B/W Question. After they come out in japan, are they added to Shoddy, or does Smogon wait until NA release? Going to be interesting to see a gen release, I've never been this into it before.

M.K

Level 55
Serebii himself implied on the forums that he considers 7 "alot" of new Pokemon, which means when he says "alot" are going to be in the August CoroCoro, he implies another batch of 7-8.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Serebii himself implied on the forums that he considers 7 "alot" of new Pokemon, which means when he says "alot" are going to be in the August CoroCoro, he implies another batch of 7-8.
But when the magazine says it'll be a big batch, their NORMAL batches are 7 pokemon. I'd say between 10 and 15 pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
It implied massive amounts of information, not Pokemon.
We may not get any new Pokemon, but a detailed storyline, map, or possibly the evil team.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I slightly called Woogeru, so I'm a sage. Obviously.

Anyways, if what Serebii says is true then that's good. We'd be gettng a total of like 20+ Pokemon before Black and White storm Japan. Hopefully CoroCoro will reveal Pokemon as well as extras such as the plot, map or antagonists mentioned above.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It implied massive amounts of information, not Pokemon.
We may not get any new Pokemon, but a detailed storyline, map, or possibly the evil team.
The article said there'd be pokemon, so you have no idea how unbelievably disappointed that would make people if there were absolutely none. :ohwell:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The picture on Serebii's news - there's like an actual word bubble from the character, rather than the text boxes of the past.

That's a tiny change that I like. :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
black gets the goth, woohoo :)
I was going to get Black because I know my three other siblings will PROBABLY get White thanks to Zekrom... so when I heard the gothic Pkmn was going to be in Black, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Dark design, AND Psychic, awesome. :chuckle:
Just need to see what other exclusives there are, but this one really takes the cake for me.

Humm... To think, we could already be 1/6, 1/5, or even 1/4 of the way through our Pkmn reveals... There've been, what, just over 25 now? (Including the ones from the videos that we don't have info for, like that Nosepass-colored creature.)
Going to be interesting to see where this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom