• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay. Thank you, Umbreon. We won't screw it up this time.

The Gloom/Bellossom fusion is complete, Xace.

The Slakoth/Bastiodon fusion is complete, handsockpuppet

The Mankey/Weedle fusion is complete, SpelignFial.

The Sharpedo/Gyarados fusion is complete, Xace.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Those are ALL amazing. None of them are just "good" or "ok" there all amazing :p

Great job!

I'll have a couple fusions up tomorrow that I finished. I have them done but no time to upload due to a mass amount of homework.

Also, thanks Umbreon for the re-open. We won't mess up again.

EDIT: The pending list is almost finished. Reopen?

-:bowser:Bowser King

D

Deleted member

wtf that is AWESOME.

I didn't close the topic because you guys screwed up or as a punishment. I closed it because you guys were posting in a way that was clearly stressed and I felt the need to step in for a bit. By all means, I think most of the sprites are pretty amazing.

XACE-K

Smash Master
let's try this again.
Thanks.

Awesome for the first 3, f***ing awesome for Gyarapedo.

I didn't close the topic because you guys screwed up or as a punishment. I closed it because you guys were posting in a way that was clearly stressed and I felt the need to step in for a bit. By all means, I think most of the sprites are pretty amazing.
Now that I look back, I agree. Everybody was trying too hard to be on-topic.

M.K

Level 55

Holy ****, Firus, these are spectacular! Awesome job, I REALLY like....well, I like all of them ALOT!

I have a paper to write, but once I finish, I'll take a whack at the pending list.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Those are ALL amazing. None of them are just "good" or "ok" there all amazing :p

Great job!

I'll have a couple fusions up tomorrow that I finished. I have them done but no time to upload due to a mass amount of homework.
Thank you!

And I look forward to seeing your fusions. =D

EDIT: The pending list is almost finished. Reopen?
Not quite yet. I'd like to see the Pending List completely clear first so we can start off fresh. Now that I may actually be able to maintain a frequent spriting schedule, it'd be great if we could keep the request list consistently small/cleared.

wtf that is AWESOME.
Thank you!

Oh, I misunderstood. I appreciate it, I was pretty stressed out about the whole matter and it was kind of nice to have it off my mind for a few days (although I still threw together some sprites anyways).

Awesome for the first 3, f***ing awesome for Gyarapedo.
Haha, thank you.

Holy ****, Firus, these are spectacular! Awesome job, I REALLY like....well, I like all of them ALOT!
And thank you, as well.

Wow, some really positive feedback on this batch of sprites. Thanks, everyone.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Im still not fully back, but just checking. And I agree with everyone on those sprites of yours Firus, you should be ****ed for making such good sprites:)

Mewter

Smash Master

Cool

Even Better

That's pretty nice.
Completely awesome!Really really really really really....:laugh:
I've said it enough, already, but they're awesome!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Gyarados eyebrow/crest-thing doesn't look right on Sharpedo's head. It's off-centered. Fix it and it may be your best sprite yet, Firus.
It's not off-center...it's just at the wrong angle for Sharpedo. I tried to position it as best as possible, but it didn't work. I'll try to fix it.

Sucks that Photoshop can't free-rotate things without adding a white border if it's an odd rotation.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
It's not off-center...it's just at the wrong angle for Sharpedo. I tried to position it as best as possible, but it didn't work. I'll try to fix it.

Sucks that Photoshop can't free-rotate things without adding a white border if it's an odd rotation.

It definately looks like the thing is on the left side of his head. Hmmm... I'm no pro in Photoshop, but could you manually fill in the white border? It might take a while, but...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm, I suppose it does a little. I think rotation would fix it better, though.

I tried rotating it, and there's no white border...but it looks a little blurry. Tell me how you think it looks.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

On paint.net, when you rotate, it gets all pixely like a jpeg :(

Hobobloke

Atemon Game

They are all amazing but Sharpedo/Gyarados is ****ing awesome! And to think you used to think your sprites weren't that great, I think you just proved yourslef wrong. :)

M.K

Level 55
I am up. At 7 Am. Just to find out. That. I have....

A SNOW DAY!!! (Yes, I'm being bombarded by that winter storm on the east coast)

Therefore, expect to see some dents in the pending machine when you guys get home from school =3

XACE-K

Smash Master
I am up. At 7 Am. Just to find out. That. I have....

A SNOW DAY!!! (Yes, I'm being bombarded by that winter storm on the east coast)

Therefore, expect to see some dents in the pending machine when you guys get home from school =3
Same with me. Time to do homework I forgot to do. :D

And I'll work on random sprites just for the hell of it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Awesome! I love it! but one question: what about my slakoth-prinplup fusion? is it still going to be done? with all respects to Meta-Kirby, the one he did for me was just a prinplup recolored in slakoth fur.

anyway, here's some stuff I did for "draw with your power".

Patriotic Ivysaur:

Albino Ivysaur:

Ivycolo:

I know the last one sucks. I mixed Emerald and D/P sprites. I still don't get how you revamp them.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
eh, I think he knew that there's no more requests, and that's not correct format, but he was just hinting at you guys to do his fusion.

Learn. To. Splice.

...and I'm not talking about Bioshock.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Realy nice, Needs some hyper beam coming out of it's mouth
Haha, thanks.

Awesome! I love it! but one question: what about my slakoth-prinplup fusion? is it still going to be done? with all respects to Meta-Kirby, the one he did for me was just a prinplup recolored in slakoth fur.
Re-skinning is one form of fusing two Pokemon. If you want a request done a certain way...you have to request it that way. If you don't specify what you want, we look at the sprite(s) and fulfill the request in the best way we see fit.

Patriotic Ivysaur:

Albino Ivysaur:
Being recolors, these are obviously pretty simple, but they look nice. I don't see any green/other colors left-over.

Ivycolo:

I know the last one sucks. I mixed Emerald and D/P sprites. I still don't get how you revamp them.
If you're using 3rd/4th gen sprites, it's generally a much better idea to only use one of them. 3rd gen isn't quite as bright.

That's not really the issue, though. The flower doesn't really blend that well, you should try to make it more connected rather than just slapped on.

XACE-K

Smash Master
That's not really the issue, though. The flower doesn't really blend that well, you should try to make it more connected rather than just slapped on.
Agreed. You could've made Ludi's green parts the color of Ivy's leaves. Maybe you could also get Ludi's DPP sprite and use the yellow and orange and to brighten it up and use my leaf suggestion. It would look better IMO.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
hi guys! i want to learn to sprite.

i cant find anywhere on the web how to do fusions... only splices....

i made a blaziken / gallade splice, but whenever i upload it it turns into a jpg for some reason so thats why im now posting it

(yes even photobucket is turning it into a jpg)

just curious, when do requests open?

hi guys!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
MK, don't take real life out on strangers, it'll just get you banned again.

Question, I asked for a Vespiquen/Gardevoir fusion right? (Just trying to remember.)
You could check the pending list, if it's not there then someone either took it or you didn't request it.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Oh no no, I made the request while the shop was closed, I'm just remembering it is all. If anyone wants to take it then that would be nice... lol

On another note, I could make a gallery of sorts for the CPS using flash, but I'd need all the sprites you wanna showcase, and for an admin to embed the SWF file.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
hi guys! i want to learn to sprite.

i cant find anywhere on the web how to do fusions... only splices....
Um...well, unless I'm mistaken, splices are basically fusions, just using different terminology. But if you want a guide, this site has the best set of Pokemon spriting tutorials I've seen.

i made a blaziken / gallade splice, but whenever i upload it it turns into a jpg for some reason so thats why im now posting it

(yes even photobucket is turning it into a jpg)
I don't know why this would be happening...
Are you sure you're really not saving them as .jpg files?

just curious, when do requests open?
We have five requests left on the pending list. When those are finished, we re-open.

Question, I asked for a Vespiquen/Gardevoir fusion right? (Just trying to remember.)
Yes. You can just search the thread for your name and "~Request~" and you'll find the last request you made.

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, **** this shop.

DO THESE LOOK ANYTHING ALIKE >=(

D

Deleted member

requesting a metagross with this brown for the body

and this black for the x and claw tips

and to basically make it look cool as ****.

edit: I want to see spire make the gross, and then have firus do a mech remake of the same thing.

I'm trying to think of a combo more amazing and I can't do it.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
the original wasnt working, but luckily i made a backup!!! YAY FOR BACKUPS!

EDIT: weird, even though i saved it as png the quality seems to have gone down from when i made it.... should i try photoshop?

XACE-K

Smash Master

edit: I want to see spire make the gross, and then have firus do a mech remake of the same thing.
1. Spire rarely comes here any more and when he does, he does whatever he feels like. He's not a request person. That's Firus's job.
Seriously, look at all the requests he has done.

2. You can't request which people you want to do a sprite. They're all up for grabs. Unless your Meta-Kirby who just steals them from the pending list.

Just want to let you know. :)

WouW

Smash Lord

I'm trying to think of a combo more amazing and I can't do it.
I don't know if anyone was working on it already, and my apologies if anyone did, but I was being bored and I decided to try this... I think it looks fairly nice. Especially for a first sprite.

(yeah, ImageShack won't make the background transparent.)

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't know if anyone was working on it already, and my apologies if anyone did, but I was being bored and I decided to try this... I think it looks fairly nice. Especially for a first sprite.

(yeah, ImageShack won't make the background transparent.)
That's pretty d@mn good WouW. Only problem is that the right eye (when looking from the front) looks odd. It could just be the brown coloring making it look odd since I'm used to blue Grosses.

Top Bottom