• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY Sean Penn won, and so did Heat:bee:!!!!

"You commie homo loving sons of guns"

anyway, firus, you forgot to mention rampardos/pich that zook requested

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not.
Fair.

Why wasn't this put in the final game?! I always loved that music.

Anyways, Random Song of the Week time.

In a Snow Bound Land by David Wise. I heard this song while playing through DKC2 and...wow, it astonished me. A tough choice in a game with so many epic themes, but this is definitely my favorite song in the game.

Working on that Aggron/Cacturne fusion...I should have it done by tomorrow.

anyway, firus, you forgot to mention rampardos/pich that zook requested
Actually, I took a rather simple approach to it (just cheeks, ears, tail, and color). So while it should've been difficult, it wasn't.

I finished the Aggron/Cacturne fusion, ToiletRoll.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
this has been closed for quite some time.
We always close down when we have to many sprites to do.
Then, when were complete most of them, we open again.

Just because were closed doesn't mean were not working.

Anyway, I have a couple sprites I need to show and I'll likely have them up today.

-:bowser: Bowser King

Wrath`

Smash Master
Not.
Fair.

Why wasn't this put in the final game?! I always loved that music.

Anyways, Random Song of the Week time.

In a Snow Bound Land by David Wise. I heard this song while playing through DKC2 and...wow, it astonished me. A tough choice in a game with so many epic themes, but this is definitely my favorite song in the game.

Working on that Aggron/Cacturne fusion...I should have it done by tomorrow.

Actually, I took a rather simple approach to it (just cheeks, ears, tail, and color). So while it should've been difficult, it wasn't.

I finished the Aggron/Cacturne fusion, ToiletRoll.

It's wierd it looks like a baby form of aggron, but an evolution of larion. wierd, but cool sprite.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
this has been closed for quite some time.
I'm sorry...I've been trying to work harder at sprites lately, I really want to get the shop re-opened.

Speaking of, I'm working on that Psychic-type Butterfree...should have it done sometime today.

And thanks for the compliments, everyone.

A_man13

Smash Master
That explans the de-sticky...

Anyways, I might work a bit on some requests here if any pique my interest.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That explans the de-sticky...
Ugh, I just noticed that...

Is it permanently de-stickied or just until we re-open?

EDIT: I finished the Psychic-type Butterfree. I'll transparent-ify the background later.

EDIT2: Transprent-ified.

A_man13

Smash Master
Until you make umbreon a umbreon evolution or something like that. Likely until you guys have cleared the list.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Why don't we just wipe the current pending list clean?

Let's take a look at the current pending requests:

1. Lv. 99's "Abra/Shedinja Fusion" (6098)
  2. Lord Bowser's "Shuckle Shoop Da Whooping Salamence" (6111)
  3. Xace's "Gloom/Bellossom Fusion" (6208)
  4. MysticKenji's "Scyther/Scizor Fusion" (6217)
  5. ss118's "Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable all in a 75x75 space" (6374)
  6. handsockpuppet's "Slakoth/Prinplup Fusion" (6589)
  7. handsockpuppet's "Slakoth/Bastiodon Fusion" (6589)
  8. Waza's "Grovyle/Scyther Fusion" (6719)
  9. Xace's "Gyarados/Sharpedo Fusion" (6913)
  10. The wrath of Koarin's "Gyarados/Milotic/Rayquaza Fusion" (7145)
  11. Mithx's "Dragon-Type Muk" (7339)
  12. Mithx's "Fire-breathing Venusaur" (7339)
  13. Ugg's "Dragon-type Electrode OR Voltorb" (7370)
  14. Stealth Raptor's "Lucario Evolution" (7371)
  15. Ugg's "Dragon-type Azelf" (7430)
Nearly half of those people don't even come here anymore, and the rest probably wouldn't mind if you took down their requests.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, but we did that last time, too...

It's kind of mean of us to just wipe the request list everytime it overflows.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
How about you give everybody 3 days to come in and say they still want their request done? That should wipe the list in half.

M.K

Level 55
my request was a joke, you don't have to do it if you don't want to
Then don't ****ing request it!
God ****, our work is not a joke to be played with! Do you KNOW how much effort we put into the sprite? It was requested, but as a JOKE? A joke is something FUNNY, and your request, the time you demand from our spriters, and your overall attitude towards our work is NOT.

Yes, I'm back. No, A-Man, you can't have my spot, and you can stop asking. De-stickying was the last straw. Let's get it together people! We are going to annihilate this **** pending list that can't seem to dwindle down. Maybe you ARE working on sprites, and maybe you AREN'T, I don't really care, but it's time to get to work.

Shoddy discussion? Needless clutter, get it out of here and into another thread.
Movie discussion? There is a movie thread, this isn't the "Firus and Friends chat room", and it's definetly not someplace to trash up. Even the people who are supposed to be doing sprites are involved in these completely off-topic discussions.

Why the hell would I post something meaningful within something like that!?

Streetracr77 posted some sprites for me during my break, and a whole TWO pages went by before ANYONE said ANYTHING about them, yet they were the only relevant things on the page that pertained to spriting. That should NOT happen. Lord have mercy, why does nobody seem to care other than a handful?

They're just catching up on the work we swamped them with. The CPS is almost like the economy. Supply & Demand, recessions and depressions. I think were going through a Depression in the shop.
OH REALLY? Thanks Captain Obvious for stating what we know already.

Firus can get things done (but procrastinates a little), Spire NEVER comes here anymore, and bowser/zkry haven't made a sprite in god knows how long. A-Man and friends get on shoddy/movie tangents, and nothing ever gets accomplished, yet the whining continues.

I've MADE the Slakoth/Prinplup, I'm at school so I can't get to my Photobucket, but I will when I get home.
I've also proven to myself that Cresselia CAN be used in a sprite.

I'm not a mean person, but it's getting desperate, and the un-sticky was just a huge slap in the face to everyone!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know I haven't helped with some of the things you listed off in your rant, MK, but I wholeheartedly agree...the crap has to stop.

Even the things I've done, I know need to stop, and while it sort of sucks to have it pointed out I know it was really stupid of me. I look back at the beginning of the thread...and yeah, we were all sort of timid and didn't know each other that well, which caused us to be less off-topic. But I still want that sprite discussion, sprite discussion, sprite, sprite discussion, sprite discussion, sprite. Hell, for the past few months we can't even legitimately argue that we were keeping the thread alive; it was stickied.

This occurred to me a little bit ago, but I didn't realize just how big of a deal it was until Azua came in here and said that she could lock the thread for how off-topic we were. I thank god she didn't, but I knew full well that had she done so, we wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. It would've been a 100% legitimate lock. This de-sticky, as MK said, was a slap in the face to us all, but again, legitimate.

I'm going to put my *** into finishing off the request list now. I've been starting a good pattern of spriting compared to recent habits, and if nothing else made me realize how much I need to truly fix my habits up, this did.

I was thinking of bringing this up eventually and I didn't know exactly when to bring it up, but now is as good a time as any. First of all, fixing up one thing in the rules; I'm putting the rule about off-topic discussion back in. Not with some sort of semblance of punishment in there, as it would be really annoying to try and determine people's bans on everything and actually enforce them.
Second of all, MK's right. This sort of thing comes up every time we bring up the request list...we say we might wipe it or say we really need to shrink it, and then someone comes forward and says their request was a joke. We do put serious effort into it. If you really want to see a sprite, then request it. If you're requesting "for teh lulz", then don't request it. If we have like, one request on the list, then it might be okay. When you see we've got a fair amount of requests and are getting to them pretty slowly, don't stack on unless you legitimately want a sprite.

One other thing, and this is one I've gotten quite sick of. STOP USING THIS THREAD AS A MATCHMAKING THREAD. No offense A_man, but you've been the biggest offender of this. If you want to play Brawl, go to the Friend Finder or post on someone's Visitor Profile, or god forbid, use the group. If you want to play Shoddy, same thing; Visitor Profile or the group. Off-topic posts aren't good, but it's even worse to use this as like...I don't even know what, IM or something. I know everyone likes our community, and I do too, but that's why we have the PC group and TCPS group.

This may be just a pipe dream, but I'd like to revert to how we used to be. Look at the first 30 pages of the thread. Early on we were almost COMPLETELY sprite-oriented, but even towards the end of that period we had a great balance. It was basically a string of sprites, with discussion of the sprites in-between and the occasional rant or other topic coming up. Now we're the exact opposite of how we started out. A great start would at least be to comment on a sprite if it was in something like the past two pages and you haven't commented on yet. Even if you put something off-topic in your post, SOMETHING on-topic would be nice.

It is a little hypocritical of me to criticize you for some of the things I've done too, but I want to stop me from doing it as well. I want this whole thread back on track. Sprite-wise, I'm going to try to squeeze in more requests. I'm invested in getting this thread back on track. It would be nice if we could get re-stickied once we do, but it'd be nice if we could just get the thread back on track again.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yeah, but we did that last time, too...

It's kind of mean of us to just wipe the request list everytime it overflows.
You can get rid of my Gloom/Bellossom. I don't really like them anyways. I just wanted to see how they would look because Gloom looks really different than Bellossom yet can evolve into it. But of you already started it, than you can finish it.

And I like the Aggturne and the Psychofree.

Wrath`

Smash Master
my request was a joke..............oh wait I dont have any./Fun

I agree with both Mk and Firus that we need a reboot, but i do not agree that it needs to be 110% on topic, or it will be as slow as it is now. as long as we can keep it 90% sprites and 10% related/slightly off topic, it will do *** well as it did in the hay day. w00t MK is back.

Also we need to have a, "do you Care enough rule" Like if you make a request and it is on the pending list, but you don't come back for a week, the request should be removed, wich forces people to come back for more activity (Just a thought)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Xace, if you legitimately wanted to see how they look...that's the point of the shop. This is why I sometimes hesitate to say this, I don't want people to withdraw requests left and right because they feel bad or feel like their request counts as a "joke", I just don't want people requesting because they have nothing better to do.

Thanks, in regards to the sprites.

Koarin, as I said; look at the first 30 or so pages of the shop. At the beginning we were pretty on-topic, but we had a great balance later on.

As for the "Do you care enough?" rule, I think that would be a bad idea. We're pretty active, so we don't need activity by any measure. Also, if we FORCE people to stay, that's going to equal more off-topicness. That's not going to help.
It's a good concept to try and make sure people are actually going to see the request when it's done, but we need a better way to implement it...

EDIT: Oh, and I finished the Abra/Shedinja fusion, Lv. 99.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Shoddy discussion? Needless clutter, get it out of here and into another thread.
Movie discussion? There is a movie thread, this isn't the "Firus and Friends chat room", and it's definetly not someplace to trash up. Even the people who are supposed to be doing sprites are involved in these completely off-topic discussions.

Why the hell would I post something meaningful within something like that!?
I agree that everyone has been off-topic but you can't just say were the only ones who have been posting off-topic. Remember Nin10doh? There was quite a bit of off-topic discussions you made as well.

Though, in the end I agree that fewer/no off-topic discussions would be better.

OH REALLY? Thanks Captain Obvious for stating what we know already.

He was replying to Umbreon! I doubt HE know's that >_>

Firus can get things done (but procrastinates a little), Spire NEVER comes here anymore, and bowser/zkry haven't made a sprite in god knows how long. A-Man and friends get on shoddy/movie tangents, and nothing ever gets accomplished, yet the whining continues.
Funny, because you haven't posted in here at all. We have no clue of what your doing so were in sort of a A_man/MK thing right now and since that means fewer members we have less people working.

I may not have been doing as much work but you ALWAYS say I never do sprites. Seriously, even if I posted 3 sprites you continually say I've done nothing. I'm trying to work on some fusions on the pending list as much as I can. I'm sorry I haven't done a lot of sprites but I just might have to retire like spire D:

As for the movie, fine, I'll count that but why does it always have to be something aman or me has done wrong?

-:bowser: Bowser King

Ugg

Smash Champion
Why don't we just wipe the current pending list clean?

Let's take a look at the current pending requests:

1. Lv. 99's "Abra/Shedinja Fusion" (6098)
  2. Lord Bowser's "Shuckle Shoop Da Whooping Salamence" (6111)
  3. Xace's "Gloom/Bellossom Fusion" (6208)
  4. MysticKenji's "Scyther/Scizor Fusion" (6217)
  5. ss118's "Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable all in a 75x75 space" (6374)
  6. handsockpuppet's "Slakoth/Prinplup Fusion" (6589)
  7. handsockpuppet's "Slakoth/Bastiodon Fusion" (6589)
  8. Waza's "Grovyle/Scyther Fusion" (6719)
  9. Xace's "Gyarados/Sharpedo Fusion" (6913)
  10. The wrath of Koarin's "Gyarados/Milotic/Rayquaza Fusion" (7145)
  11. Mithx's "Dragon-Type Muk" (7339)
  12. Mithx's "Fire-breathing Venusaur" (7339)
  13. Ugg's "Dragon-type Electrode OR Voltorb" (7370)
  14. Stealth Raptor's "Lucario Evolution" (7371)
  15. Ugg's "Dragon-type Azelf" (7430)
Nearly half of those people don't even come here anymore, and the rest probably wouldn't mind if you took down their requests.
I still want mine, but you can take it down if you like. You guys look like you have a lot to do already. :ohwell:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Again, I don't want to guilt people into taking down requests that they legitimately want. If you requested a sprite seriously, that's all we need to hear; we're not taking it down unless we wipe the entire list, which I'm avoiding at all costs.

A_man13

Smash Master
Sorry bout the spam stuff Firus. I think I just need to take it to a more apropriate place for spam. I'll be glad to help you clear the list as it would be outright cruel to let this stand when I can clearly be of asistance.

And, though it may not be the best way, MK posted again. That's enough inspiration to get me on track.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Xace, if you legitimately wanted to see how they look...that's the point of the shop. This is why I sometimes hesitate to say this, I don't want people to withdraw requests left and right because they feel bad or feel like their request counts as a "joke", I just don't
Well I always did want to see an in-between fusion for an evolution line.

Pretty good. Shed's colors look good with Abra.

This isn't possible, Shuckle can't do s***.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Electikiss

Was saving this so I could post it with the other sprites I'm doing but oh well....

EDIT: Outlining shades in a bit =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

A_man13

Smash Master
Cool. If anything the outline is a bit rough and behind the head looks white.

I'll get the Cleffa line in 75x75 and groyvle scyther going.

EDIT:

Yes I know I'm taking all the easy ones. My retypes suck.

Darkslash

Smash Master

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Wait, yes you do...

EDIT: Finished the Shuckle Shoop Da Whooping Salamence, Lord Bowser.

what did you put in shuckle's wheaties? I always knew he could do that:)
looks awesome!

I have been trying to slow down on my posting, as i saw the off-topicnes was getting carried away. It sucks for me, but the reason I haven't done any sprites lately (past 2 weeks) is because after failin 2 tests in a row (luckily I was able to retake for 70s) my mom said I couldn't use PS at all until this weekend, so this weekend ill clear my list and work on the general pending list:) (this time it's a promise)

A_man13

Smash Master

This certainly turned out ugly. I fail at spriting today and that's with an easy one. I'm not upset if anyone wants to redo this.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
what did you put in shuckle's wheaties? I always knew he could do that:)
looks awesome!

I have been trying to slow down on my posting, as i saw the off-topicnes was getting carried away. It sucks for me, but the reason I haven't done any sprites lately (past 2 weeks) is because after failin 2 tests in a row (luckily I was able to retake for 70s) my mom said I couldn't use PS at all until this weekend, so this weekend ill clear my list and work on the general pending list:) (this time it's a promise)
Wasn't the last sprite you did torodactyl? If I recall correctly, you did that a couple months ago.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom