• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Spire

III
BRoomer
requesting a metagross with this brown for the body

and this black for the x and claw tips

and to basically make it look cool as ****.

edit: I want to see spire make the gross, and then have firus do a mech remake of the same thing.

I'm trying to think of a combo more amazing and I can't do it.
Was sent here by Skyler and ****, I wish I could have done this. Simply because it involves that whatever-I-called it Golem thing, Metagross, and that badass Blaziken reskin.

Anything else I can serve you along those lines, Umbreon?

Mr. Snucas

Banned via Administration
Sigh...
I wish i still made sprites, but now I'm back into sigs :(
I'll come back eventually.

I definitely like those 2 sprites, they are bad ***

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't know if anyone was working on it already, and my apologies if anyone did, but I was being bored and I decided to try this... I think it looks fairly nice. Especially for a first sprite.

(yeah, ImageShack won't make the background transparent.)
Um...in the future, please refrain from fulfilling requests unless you're a member of the shop...

Rules in the OP said:
You may post your sprites in our thread if you are seeking opinions or critique on them. You may NOT fulfill requests unless you are a shop member, but feel free to post sprites in general.
You did a good job of it, but it's just a rule we have.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I did the Mecha version.

I normally do first come, first served, but I felt like doing this one quickly.

M.K

Level 55
I don't know if anyone was working on it already, and my apologies if anyone did, but I was being bored and I decided to try this... I think it looks fairly nice. Especially for a first sprite.

(yeah, ImageShack won't make the background transparent.)
Looks good, although I don't really like the darker color. The shades are too dark for me.
Always make sure you recolor the outlines as well.
None of the pending list items look fun to me....and I've already tried to do that Milotic/Gyara/Rayquaza like...12 times....so....I'll just wait until it is cleared out.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL Umbreon's choice Banded now. I guess he'll only be able to close threads with one move until he switches out again

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol I can barely tell the difference. or at least it's much more apparent for chomp/mence.
Yeah. I normally dull the colors a little bit to make it look more metal-ish, but I tried that and it basically just looked kind of grey, which sort of defeats the purpose of the recolor in the first place. It looks metal-ish enough anyways, so I decided to change it back. I only slightly dulled the 'X', which you probably can't tell.

I added nails or...whatever they'd be at certain points as well, like I did with Salamence/Garchomp, but they didn't seem to show up as well on Metagross. And then I changed the eyes to be digital rather than regular eyes like they were before.

Not a whole lot of changes, so I'm not really surprised you can't tell the difference.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dude this a sweet re-color
I actually didn't do the recolor. WouW did the recolor and I took minor mecha-editing from there.

where is the pending list?

i cant find it...
First post in the thread.

Scroll waaaaay down to the bottom of it.

Or better yet, go [POST=4502909]here[/POST] and scroll up just a little bit. It's right there.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, please, go ahead.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's a shame that Mechagross is too wide for the size restrictions on SWF. (by 3 pixels no less)

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say both versions of it look really nice.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You mean avatar-wise? You could always clip a few pixels off.

Like that.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll probably request later. Lemme know when you finish all of your other requests.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'll probably request later. Lemme know when you finish all of your other requests.
Well of course you would need to request later. The title still says the shop is closed. lol And just subscribe to this thread so you can see when the title changes and than request.

Mewter

Smash Master
why are there no cresselia edits?
According to our democracy, majority votes that Cresselia be banned because of its difficulty to work with in the spriting process... and no one likes it.:laugh:
Or you could say that Firus just doesn't like it. I also tried making a milotic/cresselia fusion once. The only useful parts are the lunar rings... and even those are hard to use, so I just gave up on it.;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
why are there no cresselia edits?
-____-

Okay, I'm changing the rules. There will be links to reasons both Unown and Cresselia are banned, and a rule telling people to not bug us about changing it.

I know you were innocently asking, but we've gone over this too many times, and every time a mini-rebellion gets worked up with everyone wanting us to unban the two Pokemon we have banned.

Simply put, Cresselia is hard to fuse with.

EDIT: Okay, updated. For the reason for Cresselia I sought out an accidental double post of mine and edited it to have that there. In case you're wondering...

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
ok ok sheesh! i am trying to get started in spriting, and here are my 2 best fusions...

(cant get transparency to work in photoshop 7)

M.K

Level 55
-____-

Okay, I'm changing the rules. There will be links to reasons both Unown and Cresselia are banned, and a rule telling people to not bug us about changing it.

I know you were innocently asking, but we've gone over this too many times, and every time a mini-rebellion gets worked up with everyone wanting us to unban the two Pokemon we have banned.

Simply put, Cresselia is hard to fuse with.

EDIT: Okay, updated. For the reason for Cresselia I sought out an accidental double post of mine and edited it to have that there. In case you're wondering...

I beg to differ, dear boy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know, you've showed me that before. I also told you that I personally didn't find it easy to work with, and while an unban may be in the works in the future, that's exactly when it may be...in the future. For now, it's staying banned.

M.K

Level 55
I know, you've showed me that before. I also told you that I personally didn't find it easy to work with, and while an unban may be in the works in the future, that's exactly when it may be...in the future. For now, it's staying banned.
Ugh.

Not even fair.

M.K

Level 55
can i have any advice on my sprites?

Please stop asking, you are cluttering the thread by posting them constantly.
There is a critique thread for a reason, we do not have time to judge your sprites constantly.
Good god.
I'll put it to rest right here.
The first one is bad. Very copy and paste, awkward coloring, and terrible part placement.
The second is very odd. It looks awkward, not enough mixed together, and the green is blurry.
Now please stop asking.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Look, MK. I could make a decision as soon as next week. But for now, I've got a lot of **** going on and I don't have time to try and figure out if Cresselia is fit to allow in the shop again.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
how do i make them better?

i dont know how to not make it copy and paste! how are all the different things in this thread made that arent copy and past like this:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
how do i make them better?

i dont know how to not make it copy and paste! how are all the different things in this thread made that arent copy and past like this:
You have to do more editing. As in, changing the shading, drawing parts from scratch if they don't look right simply put on.

But most of the sprites you brought up here are actually pretty copy-paste.

Copy-paste with a little bit of editing.

Copy-paste.

Copy-paste.

Copy- paste with a little bit of editing.

Head-and-tail copy-paste.

This one I actually scratched the parts on.

Mostly copy-paste with some minor edits to spice them up.

Now see, this is why I question my sprites actually being good. They're all copy-paste. >_>

zrky

Smash Lol'd
You have to choose the parts that would fit best on the pokemon. The gliscor/dunsparce looks nice:)
feels like i have been away for a long time......I won't be on as often but about once a day:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
but how do i make my sprites not compy+paste!
I said how.

You have to do more editing. As in, changing the shading, drawing parts from scratch if they don't look right simply put on.
If you don't understand what I'm saying, then ask specifically what you don't understand, don't just keep asking the same thing.

As for the sprites, they look nice. Simple, but nice.

Top Bottom