• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Mewter

Smash Master
That's pretty awesome.

How about MK be the only one to do Cresselia sprites?
Great Idea!
NOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!? ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN THIS COUNTRY BY ACTUALLY ALLOWING SPRITES? MADNESS!
No, mutiny.
What!?
THIS IS :lick:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Great Idea!
NOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!? ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN THIS COUNTRY BY ACTUALLY ALLOWING SPRITES? MADNESS!
No, mutiny.
What!?
THIS IS :lick:

it's a blob 'o sand:laugh:

cressicario is pretty cool, except the platinum sprite ruins it:(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Zook has it right.

Stop it with the whole Cresselia deal. Yes, the Cresselia/Lucario looks good. But one fusion doesn't necessarily mean all of them, which is why I'm going to do further testing this weekend.

For now, the rule in the OP applies to EVERYONE;

Along these lines, do not bug us about changing this. We have Pokemon we will not work with, and that's final. They have changed in the past, but if you ask us to unban them that's only more likely to extend the ban.
Not to be harsh, but I'm a little sick of this topic coming up over and over again.

M.K

Level 55
Zook has it right.

Stop it with the whole Cresselia deal. Yes, the Cresselia/Lucario looks good. But one fusion doesn't necessarily mean all of them, which is why I'm going to do further testing this weekend.

Not to be harsh, but I'm a little sick of this topic coming up over and over again.
I think we should ALL do testing, since we all have different opinions.

Likewise, I had enough testing time when I was banned to figure out that Cresselia is actually rather easy and fun to work with. I did more fusions than Lusselia, so I do have the experience to back this up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think we should ALL do testing, since we all have different opinions.

Likewise, I had enough testing time when I was banned to figure out that Cresselia is actually rather easy and fun to work with. I did more fusions than Lusselia, so I do have the experience to back this up.
Yes, everyone should do their own personal testing. But since I've not touched the thing since...what, page 30 or something, I need to test to see if I just sucked, if that was a tough fusion, or if Cresselia is bad to work with.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
More crisselia debates? I don't get why members who are willing to fuse her, can not do so.
-____-

Okay, I'm changing the rules. There will be links to reasons both Unown and Cresselia are banned, and a rule telling people to not bug us about changing it.

I know you were innocently asking, but we've gone over this too many times, and every time a mini-rebellion gets worked up with everyone wanting us to unban the two Pokemon we have banned.

Simply put, Cresselia is hard to fuse with.

EDIT: Okay, updated. For the reason for Cresselia I sought out an accidental double post of mine and edited it to have that there. In case you're wondering...
Zook has it right.

Along these lines, do not bug us about changing this. We have Pokemon we will not work with, and that's final. They have changed in the past, but if you ask us to unban them that's only more likely to extend the ban.
I just said these. Stop it with the debates, I really don't feel like another anarchy where everyone's trying to pressure me into changing the rules.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, he isn't. He has some parts to take off which are much more usable, AND he's a lot easier to build onto.

Try building onto Cresselia and see how that goes for you.

There are 491 other Pokemon you can take requests for, not including alternate forms. Can you please stop whining about this until I make a decision? Hell, it's not even like we can take requests at the moment.

We initially banned Darkrai because he was KIND OF hard to fuse with, but mostly because he got over 9000 requests. THAT'S why he's unbanned.

M.K

Level 55
No, he isn't. He has some parts to take off which are much more usable, AND he's a lot easier to build onto.

Try building onto Cresselia and see how that goes for you.

There are 491 other Pokemon you can take requests for, not including alternate forms. Can you please stop whining about this until I make a decision? Hell, it's not even like we can take requests at the moment.

We initially banned Darkrai because he was KIND OF hard to fuse with, but mostly because he got over 9000 requests. THAT'S why he's unbanned.

I'm not whining. I'm simply stating that your personal vendetta against Cresselia is no reason to ban it, and I have proven to myself (as I once thought the exact same way as you)
that Cresselia is indeed usable and actually quite fun to use, therefore, I advocate the use to it. I also state that it is much more usable than other Pokemon (Ditto? Grimer/Muk?).

I'm not trying to be rude, but please keep these things in mind when you are trying to make your decision.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I'm not whining. I'm simply stating that your personal vendetta against Cresselia is no reason to ban it, and I have proven to myself (as I once thought the exact same way as you)
that Cresselia is indeed usable and actually quite fun to use, therefore, I advocate the use to it. I also state that it is much more usable than other Pokemon (Ditto? Grimer/Muk?).

I'm not trying to be rude, but please keep these things in mind when you are trying to make your decision.
MK, might need to post some more crissy fusions to change his mind. He cna't see how to work with her, tell him your method, or show by example.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ive never fused with cressilia, but it does look hard to fuse...to me it does. Ill try one later tonight when i get home, but (not to go against firus or anything) why don't we have a majority vote after we have all tested it?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I've stated multiple times that I do not have Cresselia banned because I have a personal vendetta against it. That doesn't help its case, but notice that Spire and I did not ban Cresselia until I made a fusion with it.

I already said that one sprite does not mean all of them. That's like playing Metroid Prime 3 and deciding the Wii is the best console ever, or playing E.T. and deciding that the SNES is the worst console ever. I'm sure you've done more fusions, but the fact of the matter is that Cresselia is not EASY to work with even if you can do good things with it.

Ditto and Grimer/Muk are not the easiest Pokemon to use but again, you can easily build onto them. For example, Grimertoed.

I always really liked this fusion of mine. It looks very Politoed-esque while still being very Grimer-y.

I've yet to see an actual Ditto request, and if one does come up we can probably just recolor and/or add its face.
If one does come up and the person wants more than just that and it turns out to be hard, then we'll ban Ditto. We gave Cresselia until we tried and it was really hard.

Not to mention that if we ban it without trying we'll get as many complaints as with Unown.

I will keep those things in mind, nevertheless.

Ive never fused with cressilia, but it does look hard to fuse...to me it does. Ill try one later tonight when i get home, but (not to go against firus or anything) why don't we have a majority vote after we have all tested it?
I'm leaning towards just giving an ultimatum:

If you really want to work with Cresselia, then you HAVE to work with Cresselia. So if I don't like working with Cresselia and MK and maybe a few other people do, those people will HAVE to get any Cresselia requests done. I don't want to unban Cresselia because everyone else wanted it and then get stuck trying to work with the **** thing.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
You haven't read the OP, have you, zrky?

EDIT: A long time ago, back when I felt like arguing with Firus about the whole Cresselia thing, I wanted to make a Cresselia fusion, to prove my point.

I never posted it because, well....

:/

M.K

Level 55

EDIT: A long time ago, back when I felt like arguing with Firus about the whole Cresselia thing, I wanted to make a Cresselia fusion, to prove my point.

Sorry Zook, but you CAN make it look good. I....don't quite understand what you were trying to do with the face....:teeth:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He was trying to give it Aron's head with a crescent shape on the back. But Cresselia's head is so oddly shaped that it was hard.

There's not much else you can do with it, so what was he supposed to do?

XACE-K

Smash Master

Hahahahahahahaha.

But than again, I can't do much better. :/

Let's argue about something else now, like banning Jigg-...Purugly.

M.K

Level 55
Dang, Even with Crissy as a BASE MK does it...

Hey MK, try one with Gardevoir, I wanna see that!

Introducing: Gardellia.

The Wind Dancer. It's one of the more elegant sprites I have done. I added a sparkle.
~Request~

Ditto+Tauros
Sorry, man, requests are closed right now. Come back soon though and they will be right back up as soon as we finish the pending list.

Introducing Myself...Hello World, I'm Meta-Kirby

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord

The Wind Dancer. It's one of the more elegant sprites I have done. I added a sparkle.
THAT IS AWESOME! If my Wario banner didn't cut off in my sig, I'd so put that in... Maybe I can get it to work...

Tried to put it as my avvi, and the alpha goes away. T.T How do I fix this one?

Introducing Myself...Hello World, I'm Meta-Kirby
Cool, if I ever make one, it'll be of MC, I hate being human... >.>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

There it is.

Introducing: Flarrelia!

Hmm...Cresselia as a base, eh wot?
The sprite looks good, although the head looks a little awkward to me, no offense.

What irks me though is your attitude. Your WHOLE approach to this. You say you're not trying to be rude but you're doing all but saying "You're being stupid and biased, Firus, Cresselia is easy to work with and you either just suck or are too lazy to do better, or maybe it's just your personal vendetta.

Oh, and look what I did! See? Proved you wrong!"

I will admit that some of that is certainly derived. However, that last part is DEFINITELY there. I know I'm being belligerent, and it's because I am telling you that I had the toughest time fusing Milotic and Cresselia only to come out with crap. Maybe it was a bad request, but I still don't think Cresselia is easy to work with. You've made good-quality sprites with Cresselia, and I respect that. But you just won't QUIT. I told you I was going to ****ing test Cresselia this weekend, and you just won't stop posting sprites to try and prove me wrong. I'm tempted to ban Cresselia permanently, no questions asked, just because I'm pissed at the way you're acting about the whole thing. The whole time I've been thinking that unless Cresselia is impossible to work with, I'm going to just do what I said I would do before. But your continuous barrage of defenses against Cresselia is HINDERING its chances of being unbanned. I told everyone to not start it and it started anyways.

Nonetheless, I'm going to implement what I said before. If you want to work with that thing, go ahead and have fun. If you don't you should NOT have to work with it. Anyone who wants to work with the thing, say so now. You guys are going to be responsible for any and all requests. If you can't handle it, then it's banned.

I'm not going to lie, this looks amazing.

M.K

Level 55
Zrky asked me to post more sprites of Cresselia, and I did. MorphedChaos asked me to attempt a Gardevoir/Cresselia, and I did. Stop acting like I'm trying to rub it in your face, because I am not.

"You're being stupid and biased, Firus, Cresselia is easy to work with and you either just suck or are too lazy to do better, or maybe it's just your personal vendetta.

Oh, and look what I did! See? Proved you wrong!"
Bolded are the things I actually said. I can't believe you would stoop this low, Firus.
What the ****? Stop putting words in my mouth, Firus! I never said you were stupid and biased, I never said you sucked, and I never said you were lazy. Stop making me seem like the bad guy. I did say it was your personal vendetta against Cresselia, but I said it rather calmly and it seems you've blown it out of proportion.
I'm not freaking attacking you, lighten up. I posted sprites for other member's needs, not to attack you. If you are gonna test it, then test it. I'm not impeding you at all. Even now I'm trying to be as calm as possible, but you've really hit a nerve by claiming I've said things when I never have. I'd never call you stupid and biased, or call you a crappy spriter, or call you lazy. Get real, please.

But you just won't QUIT
Duh. I want Cresselia unbanned. It's a perfectly fine Pokemon.
Unlike Ditto. What the **** am I supposed to do with that? Attach the face and color it pink? I don't think so.

Nonetheless, I'm going to implement what I said before. If you want to work with that thing, go ahead and have fun. If you don't you should NOT have to work with it. Anyone who wants to work with the thing, say so now. You guys are going to be responsible for any and all requests. If you can't handle it, then it's banned.
I want to work with it.

, I'm going to just do what I said I would do before. But your continuous barrage of defenses against Cresselia is HINDERING its chances of being unbanned. I told everyone to not start it and it started anyways.
In court, when one side has a constant barrage of useful information and sufficient evidence, they usually win, unless there is a miscarriage of justice.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Zrky asked me to post more sprites of Cresselia, and I did. MorphedChaos asked me to attempt a Gardevoir/Cresselia, and I did. Stop acting like I'm trying to rub it in your face, because I am not.

What the ****? Stop putting words in my mouth, Firus! I never said you were stupid and biased, I never said you sucked, and I never said you were lazy. Stop making me seem like the bad guy. I did say it was your personal vendetta against Cresselia, but I said it rather calmly and it seems you've blown it out of proportion.
I'm not freaking attacking you, lighten up. I posted sprites for other member's needs, not to attack you. If you are gonna test it, then test it. I'm not impeding you at all. Even now I'm trying to be as calm as possible, but you've really hit a nerve by claiming I've said things when I never have. I'd never call you stupid and biased, or call you a crappy spriter, or call you lazy. Get real, please.
*Sigh*

Did you read my entire post?

I get the feeling you didn't.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Read his post next time? He said that some of it was probably deserved and complimented you... he even said that you could work with the sprite!

Get over yourself, man. Keep this up and this place will be locked again.

M.K

Level 55
Read his post next time? He said that some of it was probably deserved and complimented you... he even said that you could work with the sprite!

Get over yourself, man. Keep this up and this place will be locked again.
If it was derived, then it should not have been posted at all.
I would never call Firus stupid, lazy, or bad at spriting, and he knows it. why would you even post that Firus, even if it was just a misinterpretation of my words? Why are you trying to make me seem like the bad guy? :crying:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bolded are the things I actually said. I can't believe you would stoop this low, Firus.
I can't believe you failed to read the sentence right after that. (Reason 1 why I thought you might not have read the whole post.)

I will admit that some of that is certainly derived.
Let me go over each thing I said and explain HOW they were derived.

Stupid: Well, considering I'm apparently ignorant of the fact that Cresselia is useable, and Ditto, Grimer, Muk, and Darkrai are actually hard to fuse despite what I say, I'd say that's sort of implying I'm stupid. Derived, yes, but I'm not pulling it out of my ***.

Biased: If I'm banning Cresselia due to a personal vendetta, that's bias. This part isn't derived at all, it's a rephrasing of what you said.

Suck or Lazy: Well, if I can't work with a Pokemon who's apparently so easy to work with, I'm either not trying hard enough or can't sprite well. Or the third part, about me just not wanting to try due to bias. I'm pulling that out by process of elimination and common sense. By consistently trying to prove that Cresselia is SO easily workable, you've got to be saying I'm doing something wrong.

Last part: Let's take a quote from you.

That came off to me as "Hey look, Cresselia as a base, and you said it would be impossible."

It's the sarcastic tone that annoys me. You can prove me wrong without shoving it in my face like that.

Again. It's certainly derived. But when I said that, it was a "This is EXACTLY how it FEELS to me." I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.

First of all, I already told you my decision on Cresselia. Why are you telling me I can still test it once I've told you you can work with it if you want? Reason number 2 why I thought you might not have read my entire post.

Duh. I want Cresselia unbanned. It's a perfectly fine Pokemon.
Unlike Ditto. What the **** am I supposed to do with that? Attach the face and color it pink? I don't think so.
This is where I might've gotten the stupid from?

I want to work with it.
Okay.

In court, when one side has a constant barrage of useful information and sufficient evidence, they usually win, unless there is a miscarriage of justice.
I never said it was useful or potent, or even evidence, I just said you kept barraging me with arguments. Barrage me with arguments AFTER there's something to dispute. I said I was going to test Cresselia and then make a decision. And I posted MULTIPLE times that I was changing the rules of the shop to tell people to not bug me about changing it. I said clearly enough to knock it off for now. FOR NOW. You're allowed to argue your side but it's like presenting evidence in court the day before the trial.

If it was derived, then it should not have been posted at all.
I would never call Firus stupid, lazy, or bad at spriting, and he knows it. why would you even post that Firus, even if it was just a misinterpretation of my words? Why are you trying to make me seem like the bad guy? :crying:
I'm not trying to make you seem like a bad guy, I'm just telling you how some of the things you're saying are coming off to me.

M.K

Level 55
You are pulling those explanations from the deepest part of your ***. YOU are putting those labels on YOURSELF. I never implied that you were stupid, you just choose to warp the truth in your mind to SAY that I'm saying those things. So go ahead, call yourself stupid/lazy, WHATEVER, it's you on you.

That was not sarcastic sneering. I was merely pointing out the fact that this fusion has a base of Cresselia. Something I had not done before and wanted to try. MERE FACTS. Of course it would mean something different to you, you twist reality to see things your way in your mind.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Both of you just shut up before I get my spellbook out and silence the both of you for a week. Firus, let MK do whatever the hell he wants (And I speedread the posts, since its turning into an argument.) And MK, just ignore Firus. (By ignore, skip over the stuff that makes you angry, and keep your head leveled)

Firus, MK is your friend, why the HELL are you arguing with him and calling yourself stupid? MK doesn't think your stupid, your great, and MK says that too, in his own way. Friends are one of the best reasons to BE in this world, and you wanna throw that away? Please, let MK do what he wants, and don't call him or yourself stupid. (you called yourself stupid as you said MK called you stupid when he did not.) If MK wants to work with crissy, just put it in the OP

"Meta-Kirby will do Crissy fusions."

As for MK, you just need to ignore firus so he doesn't get so worked up. Neither of you have a reason to fight, Keep your head leveled, and be polite, and when I mean polite, I mean roll with the punches over and over polite, like Brittish polite. Then Firus will calm down and we can get things rolling along.

Now Firus, MK does have a point, you do have a not so fond opinion of Crissy, and he believes thats the reason you keep Crissy banned, and MK thinks that due to Crissy being banned in the OP, following your rules, that he can't work with Crissy, which he may enjoy greatly, and thats why he is mad at you. Do what I said above and put it in the OP that MK will work on Crissy sprite fusions, and MK will be happy, and you'll be happy.

If I need to moderate you two more, I will. Once the auras of hostility go away I can think of better situations, but as for now, I must get you guys calmed down! The Twilight Guardian has stepped in to watch over this, the staff will guide you to peace and understanding.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Your right, I'm insane, I'm crazy, I'm nutso, I should be locked up. I live in my own world and I'm "twisting" everything. Hell, I'm probably imagining this very conversation.

Honest to god, in trying to defend yourself you're piling more upon yourself. You don't even NEED to defend yourself.

"This is EXACTLY how it FEELS to me."

That's what I said. Either you missed it or don't care.

I cannot take this. I was ready to spit out the same arguments against Cresselia and wait until it dropped again but I actually decided to give it a chance and you just wouldn't stop yelling at me to change it even then.

You're dodging the point anyways.

IF I SUCK AT DOING CRESSELIA FUSIONS AND ITS SOOO WORKABLE LIKE YOU SAY IT IS, THERE'S GOT TO BE SOME PROBLEM. I'm not just calling myself that, it's LOGICAL REASONING. What the hell would you derive from that fact?

I love how you will defend yourself from being accused of calling me stupid, lazy, etc. but you openly tell me I'm basically insane.

And before you say I'm pulling that one out of my ***,

warp the truth
twist reality to see things your way in your mind
God****it! I was pissed at you for bugging me about Cresselia but I was NOT personally attacking you! You're putting too much emphasis on three freaking lines, and making ME to be a bad guy when you were just complaining about being accused of such yourself!

I've had it with this!

You are pulling those explanations from the deepest part of your ***. YOU are putting those labels on YOURSELF. I never implied that you were stupid, you just choose to warp the truth in your mind to SAY that I'm saying those things. So go ahead, call yourself stupid/lazy, WHATEVER, it's you on you.

That was not sarcastic sneering. I was merely pointing out the fact that this fusion has a base of Cresselia. Something I had not done before and wanted to try. MERE FACTS. Of course it would mean something different to you, you twist reality to see things your way in your mind.

Top Bottom