• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wait-- Firus hates Galaxy? Because of the music...?

I understand if you aren't a fan of orchestral music or that you don't think it should be in a video game, but really. Do you hate Melee because it had orchestral music, too? The gameplay was great, graphics were good (by Wii standards, at least), and most of the bosses were top-tier cool (Bouldergiest).

...I think Firus just might be the stereotypical angry republican.
He usually rants that's it's not video game music and its trying too be. But wasn't Galaxy also the highest rated Exclusive console in 2007?

Ohh yea In Platinum you get your own house.
Lol getting it on with DAWN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Because she will actually go there...I'm so sick

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I try not to bash people, except xace and skyler;) so that would count me out.

Firus, macs ARE easy to use, but like Vista, can take some getting used to after being with microsoft. So I understand ur wanting to shoot things at first:)

So platinum has a LITTLE bit if ranger: shadows if almia, from what u have said so far.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I used to be a bit of a Vista basher. But now it's alright.

Plus i hate it when the Wii gets bashed. YES i know it has bad games...buts its only been out for 2 years and is relativity "new" in some sense, plus Firus is there any other reason why you hate Galaxy apart for the music? To be honest some of it isn't video game music, but its good music on its own right.
I went to the mall today to get some wii games to equal out the PS3 games and 360 games I got for Christmas (It's boxing day so....). I went there and looked at all the wii games 5 times! I could not find 1 game I wanted. Maybe it because I bought a lot of the games but there was nothing but kids games. The past 3 months have been TERRIBLE for the wii. I've picked up 2 games and I usually have 5-7 Nintendo games bought at around this time.

I love playing my wii and have rarely bashed it (not counting the huge drought we had for 5-6 months but even then, I realised that there were still a lot of games that I didn't bother to try).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
2009 has a counted 45 Hardcore Wii titles, while the Xbox360 has 13. Actually i don't know how that happened but i think 2008 sucked the Xbox 360 dry. Actually did you try getting Call of duty 5 for the wii? Yes i know the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are better feature wise, but the Wii controls are better plus the flesh bits are easier too see. Actually why did i mention flesh bits? Plus nothing is more satisfying than a well aimed head shot.

EDIT:Holy crap i just noticed how many times i wrote Actually.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
2009 has a counted 45 Hardcore Wii titles, while the Xbox360 has 13. Actually i don't know how that happened but i think 2008 sucked the Xbox 360 dry. Actually did you try getting Call of duty 5 for the wii? Yes i know the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are better feature wise, but the Wii controls are better plus the flesh bits are easier too see. Actually why did i mention flesh bits? Plus nothing is more satisfying than a well aimed head shot.

EDIT:Holy crap i just noticed how many times i wrote Actually.
I was thinking of picking up CoD5 but it wasn't there D:

Anyway, what games are those 45 hadcore games?

Darkslash

Smash Master
There was this long list that totaled around 45 but i could be wrong but the Xbox 360 also has 13.

If you do get Cod give me your friend code and lets have a 1v1 :D. thing is should i go easy? I got almost all the weapons when i rented it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I find the term "hardcore" to be a relatively broad term. Unlike "casual". They both overlap on certain games (AC:CF being a good example). Hardcore is a game where it takes what people who have wanted over the years and apply that into the game. For example, many "hardcore" gamers have wanted a sonic game that goes back to it's 2-D roots, that's why Sonic rush was made.

It also goes beyond that and goes as far as to games that have evolved yet they maintain a formula or go beyond and add new things that are added when thinking of the "hardcore" players first. For example, Zelda:OoT or Metroid Prime. They all changed the formula a bit but they kept some things from the past game and added things that were better* for the hardcore audience (firus is going to kill me for that).

Another way to find out if a game is hardcore is to see if the game is challenging and something a 6~ Year old couldn't do.

The final way, check it's name. If it contains...

-Imagine
-Baby
-Barbie
-Tellitubbies
- Bratz
-Babysitting
-Fashion

It is NOT a hardcore game.

*When I say better I mean it adds to the series. I don't mean that it's a better game overall compared to the last games.

~It has to be an average 6 year old. No 6 year old that understands what pi means

@Xace
Oops...didn't see your post...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Plus i hate it when the Wii gets bashed.
Well then, you shouldn't talk to me.

YES i know it has bad games...
Yeah, a landfill of craptastic games with a handful of good titles.

buts its only been out for 2 years
Only two years? That's half a console generation.

and is relativity "new" in some sense
Yeah, if the sense that it's new in is in comparison to the pyramids.

plus Firus is there any other reason why you hate Galaxy apart for the music? To be honest some of it isn't video game music, but its good music on its own right.
Yes. I found the entire game to be subpar, it just irks me the most when people talk about its fantastic music. When people praise the entire game as the best Mario game/video game ever, I get even more pissed.

Wait-- Firus hates Galaxy? Because of the music...?
No. That's just a piece of it.

I understand if you aren't a fan of orchestral music or that you don't think it should be in a video game, but really. Do you hate Melee because it had orchestral music, too?
No, because Melee's orchestral music didn't sound like Disney music.

The gameplay was great,
I found it incredibly boring, repetitive, and lackluster.

graphics were good (by Wii standards, at least),
This is the only thing it has going for it.

and most of the bosses were top-tier cool (Bouldergiest).
Sure. I'll give it credit for that.

Regardless, I found it to be a boring chore to beat the game. I haven't beaten it as Luigi yet because I really don't want to have to do it again, except with it being even easier because of Luigi's jump.

Firus, macs ARE easy to use, but like Vista, can take some getting used to after being with microsoft. So I understand ur wanting to shoot things at first:)
Yeah. Just riddle me this:

WHY THE HELL DID STEVE JOBS THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE THE RIGHT CLICK?! HOW IS THAT ANY EASIER?!?!?!

2009 has a counted 45 Hardcore Wii titles, while the Xbox360 has 13.
I can pull statistics out of my *** too, if you really want me to.

I don't think the Wii has even had 45 decent titles. Much less hardcore. Also, I'd be willing to bet that even if those statistics were true, the 360 titles would be much better.

Actually did you try getting Call of duty 5 for the wii? Yes i know the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are better feature wise, but the Wii controls are better plus the flesh bits are easier too see. Actually why did i mention flesh bits? Plus nothing is more satisfying than a well aimed head shot.
Many would argue that dual analog sticks are better for controlling first-person shooters than motion sensor.

There was this long list that totaled around 45 but i could be wrong but the Xbox 360 also has 13.
Here's the question; firstly, who made the list, and secondly, did you check all of the titles? They could very well be BSing.

[/reply rant]

Oh, and BK, I forgot to quote you but I got a Vostro 1510.

So I went to the mall today to buy myself a few things (I had a few GameStop gift cards to blow). My local mall has three GameStops (well, an EB Games and two GameStops, but GameStop owns EB Games so it's basically the same thing), so I headed to my favorite one to pick up an XBL Subscription card (my trial runs out...sometime soon, I can't remember when). I didn't see the right amount of time there, so I checked the other two. I didn't end up finding it there either, so I had to go to FYE. I found it there and bought it, but now that I had already spent that I decided to blow my gift cards on games. I found F-Zero GX for $7.99, and was really excited considering I've wanted it since a few years before the Wii even came out and last night MK was trying to persuade me to buy it. Then I still had some money to blow on my gift cards, so I looked around. I picked up Dead Rising and thought about it, but eventually decided on Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, since my friend had recommended it to me. So then I had to get into the line, which was going OUT OF THE STORE. Granted, it's a small store, but not THAT small. So I was in line for about 15 minutes until I finally got up to the counter. Unfortunately, F-Zero was apparently sold out. Bah. At least I still got Command & Conquer.

The moral of the story: GameStop needs to update their stock and it sucks when Nintendo tries to appeal to a wider audience. Because then GameStop becomes unnavigable.

Darkslash

Smash Master
**** i just got owned by Firus.....

*goes and cries in the corner while idiots are spraying with a Flamethrower*

EDIT:

Ohh hey i found it

Wii's http://neocrisis.com/content/view/3128/39/
Another Code R/Trace Memory R - 2009
Arc Rise Fantasia - 2009
Bleach Versus Crusade - 2009
Boom Blox 2 - 2009
Calling - 2009
The Conduit - 2009
Cosmic Walker - 2009
Cursed Mountain - 2009
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - 2009
Dynamic Zan - 2009
Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean - 2009
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - 2009
Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers - 2009
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - 2009
The House of the Dead: Overkill - 2009
Kizuna: Golden Bonds - 2009
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - 2009
The Kore Gang - 2009
Line Attack Heroes - 2009
Little King's Story - 2009
MadWorld - 2009
Marble Saga: Kororinpa - 2009
Monster Hunter 3 tri~ - 2009
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 2009
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers - 2009
Overlord: Dark Legend - 2009
Pikmin 3 - 2009
Punch-Out!! - 2009
Red Steel 2 - 2009
Rune Factory Frontier - 2009
Rygar: The Battle of Argus - 2009
Sadness - 2009
Sherlock Holmes - 2009
Sin and Punishment 2 - 2009
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces - 2009
Sonic and the Black Knight - 2009
Spawn Smasher - 2009
Spyborgz - 2009
Tact of Magic - 2009
Mothership Tales of... - 2009
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes - 2009
Tenchu IV: Shadow Assassin - 2009
Toshinden - 2009
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga - 2009
And heres the Xbox360's http://neocrisis.com/content/view/2781/39/

- Mass Effect 2
- Alan Wake
- Halo 3: Recon

- Ninety-Nine Nights 2
- Ninja Blade
- All Points Bulletin
- Huxley
- Halo Wars
- Project Forza 3
- Lionhead Project Dimitri (Confirmed that Lionhead will release a game in 2009)
- Rare Project 1 (Rare always releases at least 2 games each year)
- Rare Project 2
- Mistwalker Project 1 (At least in Japan)
- GTA IV Episode 2

- Fallout 3 DLC (Confirmed it's the same size as Oblivion expansions)

Drkslash note:Crossed out DLC exclusives and expansion packs

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't want to do this but whatevs...

@Darkslash: Even though it may seem like a hardcore title doesn't mean it'll be as great as most hardcore titles. For all we know, the 360 games could be great whie the Wii games can flat out suck.
Except Punch-Out, MadWorld and Conduit.

Anyways, back to on-topic-ness

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Oh, and BK, I forgot to quote you but I got a Vostro 1510.

So I went to the mall today to buy myself a few things (I had a few GameStop gift cards to blow). My local mall has three GameStops (well, an EB Games and two GameStops, but GameStop owns EB Games so it's basically the same thing), so I headed to my favorite one to pick up an XBL Subscription card (my trial runs out...sometime soon, I can't remember when). I didn't see the right amount of time there, so I checked the other two. I didn't end up finding it there either, so I had to go to FYE. I found it there and bought it, but now that I had already spent that I decided to blow my gift cards on games. I found F-Zero GX for $7.99, and was really excited considering I've wanted it since a few years before the Wii even came out and last night MK was trying to persuade me to buy it. Then I still had some money to blow on my gift cards, so I looked around. I picked up Dead Rising and thought about it, but eventually decided on Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, since my friend had recommended it to me. So then I had to get into the line, which was going OUT OF THE STORE. Granted, it's a small store, but not THAT small. So I was in line for about 15 minutes until I finally got up to the counter. Unfortunately, F-Zero was apparently sold out. Bah. At least I still got Command & Conquer.

The moral of the story: GameStop needs to update their stock and it sucks when Nintendo tries to appeal to a wider audience. Because then GameStop becomes unnavigable.
Lolz

I ended up just leaving the store without buying anything. I looked at the every game 5 times seeing if I could presude myself to get 1. I saw "Imagine Party Babyz" and all I could think of was spire's thread :p. It was amazing at how many crappy games were there. I was thinking of getting Castlvania and I might get that if I need to...

I also saw a huge amount of 8-9 year old all diving for games like the imagine, bratz series. Although It shouldn't, it made me feel a strange feeling of anger. Not at the kids but at how these games sell so well.....

@zook
I didn't see any change in your quote from the original thing.

M.K

Level 55
I hate Pikmin.

Yeah, I said it. Sue me.
If I had a gun on a boat, I would shoot you. :(
Pikmin is revolutionary. I'm sorry that you it isn't your type of game, because it truly is a masterpiece.
Pikmin 2 is what I'm talking about, don't even talk about lowly Pikmin 1.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If I had a gun on a boat, I would shoot you. :(
Pikmin is revolutionary. I'm sorry that you it isn't your type of game, because it truly is a masterpiece.
Pikmin 2 is what I'm talking about, don't even talk about lowly Pikmin 1.
I never played Pimin 2 because I hated the original so much I didn't even bother with it. Maybe I'll it to see if it may change my mind.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait wait wait. These are 2009 titles? First of all, who's to say that's ALL that's going to be released in 2009. Secondly, you cannot call something hardcore or not until it's actually out. Brawl is a very casually dumbed-down title, yet I'm sure we all thought it'd be completely hardcore before it came out (being a title that casuals can also enjoy doesn't make it not hardcore, before someone says that for Melee -- just as Animal Crossing appealing to the hardcore doesn't make it hardcore).

Ahahahaha. Wait. I just actually went to the links. I'm sorry, you fail. It says "2009 360/Wii exclusives". Since when are exclusives hardcore?

M.K

Level 55
I never played Pimin 2 because I hated the original so much I didn't even bother with it. Maybe I'll it to see if it may change my mind.
Oh, ok, that explains it.
Pikmin 1 frustrated me with that whole "You have 30 short days to complete this game" concept.

They fixed this in Pikmin 2. Trust me Xace, you will love Pikmin 2. I hated Pikmin 1 too.
The addition of Purple/White Pikmin was great, and the dungeons are.....fantastic.
It's a visually appealing game too! ^_^

Darkslash

Smash Master
Lol i kinda picked the ones that seemed hard core on the list. They Had Wii Sports Resort but you know 1:1 sword fighting isn't hardcore.

Okay i should of changed it too/said they were Wii Exclusives. But that said the number ratio is almost 3:1. Though some may suck...

Plus at my Best Buy today i tried my hardest to make people stray away from the Petz or anything that had to do with girls and Z. Hell i touched one and then my finger started itching...that's a bad sign....

A_man13

Smash Master
Oh, ok, that explains it.
Pikmin 1 frustrated me with that whole "You have 30 short days to complete this game" concept.

They fixed this in Pikmin 2. Trust me Xace, you will love Pikmin 2. I hated Pikmin 1 too.
The addition of Purple/White Pikmin was great, and the dungeons are.....fantastic.
It's a visually appealing game too! ^_^
That, my friend, is why I hated loosing Pikmin 2. All I have is one, which I've already exauhsted all the fun out of it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lol i kinda picked the ones that seemed hard core on the list. They Had Wii Sports Resort but you know 1:1 sword fighting isn't hardcore.
I see that you did change it to pick out some ones you decided were hardcore. However, you initially said it as if it were the official list, while the list was made by you.

Okay i should of changed it too/said they were Wii Exclusives. But that said the number ratio is almost 3:1. Though some may suck...
TAKE THAT!

Sorry, I had to do it. I'm addicted to Phoenix Wright at the moment.

Plus at my Best Buy today i tried my hardest to make people stray away from the Petz or anything that had to do with girls and Z. Hell i touched one and then my finger started itching...that's a bad sign....
Ahahah, that's classic.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Who said I was bashing you Firus? I was just saying my opinion, nothing more. I was really yelling at Microsoft, if I must point fingers... At least they are fixing it bit by bit, still hate how incompatible it is though with so much software, oh well.

Well, I'm back from watching all the episodes of Reboot, and boy, I forgot how awesome Hexadecimal was! And how crazy, but such is a being of Chaos, they nailed that one down, seriously they did. And in the first season, episode 11, Megabyte's best moment. I'll quote what he said after, go find it on Youtube. (All 47 episodes are there! go figure...) "I've always wanted to do that."

Oh yeah, and you can't forget about Hack and Slash, they swear in a few episodes due to their rambling, its soo funny. You've gotta admit they are awesome. Oh, and did I mention how awesome Hex is? I think its the chaos that got me liking her, not as much as Gardevoir, no no, not to that level, but one of high respect. I can elaborate if you wish.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
well then we just gotta play the waiting game then.

Ohh yea what browser do you use on vista any ways? if you don't have it Firefox+Noscript>>Internet Explorer.
Yep.

I have Firefox -- in fact, it was actually the first thing I did on my computer. For one thing, Internet Explorer is meh and for another thing, there's supposed to be a security threat to Internet Explorer at the moment and Microsoft advised people to use another browser until it's cleared up. Oh yeah, if anyone here uses Internet Explorer they should probably know that. You should probably use Firefox anyways, but at least switch of temporarily if you have Internet Explorer. Apparently people are getting game passwords, but it's possible that they'll go after other passwords next (if they have any brains, anyways -- who hacks into people's computers solely so they can steal their Runescape account?) and so...yeah. Especially if you have banking stuff on your computer, you will want to be on the safe side.

Chaos, I never said you were bashing me...MK was the one that said something similar to that, and he said that you were bashing my gift. Which was true, you were bashing Vista, and since my laptop has it...well, there you go.

A_man13

Smash Master
I honestly could care less about hot video games right now. I got LittleBigPlanet for christmas (the last game I cared about) and that's the last one that I want to get for a while. I seriously need to update my info, though.

Wow, christmas had set me out of the loop here :/ ...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Aw, no one here has watched Reboot? It was so awesome, and very advanced for its time, Right now the graphics it used for season 4 rival or maybe even surpass PS3 graphics, and it was made in 1997/1998

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Similarly, the 13+ X-Box games could suck. Were just going to have to wait and watch.
Yeah, but considering I'm happier with my five 360 games (two of them I haven't even played that much) than I am with my ten+ Wii games, I think odds are the Wii games are more likely to suck.

I don't understand how gamers can honestly still defend Nintendo at this point of time. You would think they'd have ***** us all so badly by now we'd be boycotting them.

I use Google Chrome, but it is a royal pain in the ***. It has a glitch where it can't copy images.
Then...why do you use it?

And if it won't copy images for you, use Print Screen. It's one of my favorite features ever.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, but considering I'm happier with my five 360 games (two of them I haven't even played that much) than I am with my ten+ Wii games, I think odds are the Wii games are more likely to suck.

I don't understand how gamers can honestly still defend Nintendo at this point of time. You would think they'd have ***** us all so badly by now we'd be boycotting them.

And if it won't copy images for you, use Print Screen. It's one of my favorite features ever.
I adore the layout, and yes, I'm forced to use PrntScreen. The benefits FAR outweigh the one tiny hindrance.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I don't defend nintendo. I hate a lot of the games out right now but 09 seems to be a pretty good year for the wii. If it isn't, I'll just buy games for my other 2 systems.

Top Bottom