• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I got money and cloths, thats it, but then I really didn't specify what I wanted. I'll see if I can get someone to sew a life-sized Gardevoir plushie for me, that'll be a very happy day indeed! Maybe infuse it with a spirit? but having a spirit that wouldn't mind, thats a challenge to locate...

And yes Bowser King, Light was her name, thanks for remembering :), I'll draw a new picture for you all to use, I've gotten better at her proportions since then.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I got money and cloths, thats it, but then I really didn't specify what I wanted. I'll see if I can get someone to sew a life-sized Gardevoir plushie for me, that'll be a very happy day indeed! Maybe infuse it with a spirit? but having a spirit that wouldn't mind, thats a challenge to locate...

And yes Bowser King, Light was her name, thanks for remembering :), I'll draw a new picture for you all to use, I've gotten better at her proportions since then.
Chaos, you never cease in creeping me out. And that's why I love you. :laugh:

Santa Gannon for SSB4, btw.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, can someone help me again? My window icons on the taskbar spontaneously decided to become very small and go to the right side. Which is really obnoxious.

*Sigh* I may get used to this eventually, but this is probably more trouble than it's worth...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Santa Ganon will haunt my dreams. <_<

I got Photoshop but forgot how to make support banners...I guess I earned that.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I also got spore early yesterday:)

I use iPhone, Leopard, and XP(on my mac I have both)

Firus, I'm sencerely sorry you hot Vista.

Mewter

Smash Master
I also got spore early yesterday:)

I use iPhone, Leopard, and XP(on my mac I have both)

Spore? See ya, Zrky.... in a month's time.
Ugh... majorly addictive....:laugh:
Just... promise not to bail on us, okay?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, at least I didn't cold it. :p

I could try to install XP on it, but Vista is new and...stuff. I'm sure it's just a case of having to get used to it.
And it's worth it, for my awesome laptop. It has 139 GB total, 2 Gigs of RAM, and it's all shiny and pretty. My old laptop was asplode-y anyways.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Kinda off topic, does any one know a good E.V training spot for Pichu/Pikachu with Light Ball? Platinum moved alot of Pokemon from D/P so the guides become useless.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A) What stat are you EV training for? It's hard for us to tell you where to go if you don't tell us what you're trying to train for.

B) Platinum isn't out yet in the USA/Canada, so most of us don't have it (at least, I don't think most of us do). So if the guides aren't helpful, we probably won't be.

StealthRaptor, even if that were true (which I assume it's not), 1 gig of RAM is still more than I had on my old laptop and on my current desktop PC. So I'm not really complaining.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
If I have enough money, I'm so going to have someone make a life-sized Gardevoir plushie, Then my heart wouldn't bleed so much. Maybe infuse it with a Gardevoir spirit, but finding a willing one... I have a higher chance of digging up pirate gold in my backyard.

Also, Did anyone take my

~Request~
Dragon-type Gardevoir

?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
If I have enough money, I'm so going to have someone make a life-sized Gardevoir plushie, Then my heart wouldn't bleed so much. Maybe infuse it with a Gardevoir spirit, but finding a willing one... I have a higher chance of digging up pirate gold in my backyard.

Also, Did anyone take my

Request
Dragon-type Gardevoir

?
You still didn't read the OP yet. amirite?

BTW, the most reliable way to gain speed EVs in Platinum would be to go to ravaged path (Below Floaroma) and battle zubat. There's less there than in D/P but they will still be showing up half the time. Old Chateau is still the king of Sp. Atk EVs. The "easy" place I can think of to get attack EVs are in the patch of grass above Oreburgh and battle Machop. Those are the only EVs that Pikachu will ever need.

Darkslash

Smash Master
A) What stat are you EV training for? It's hard for us to tell you where to go if you don't tell us what you're trying to train for.

B) Platinum isn't out yet in the USA/Canada, so most of us don't have it (at least, I don't think most of us do). So if the guides aren't helpful, we probably won't be.
SP attack and Speed. Seeing Light Ball doubles Special and Attack yea....

All i need to know which pokemon to train for speed. The old Chateau is still good for SP but speed i dunno.

Ohh yea turn for the best i got $$$$$$$. I can get Call of Duty World at War tomorrow. Yay.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
im just pointing out the fact that claiming that your computer has 2 gigs of ram is a joke. it really has one gig lol. and i want platinum. :( like now.
It does have 2 gigs of RAM. It doesn't matter how many gigs it takes to run Vista, some of the RAM always has to go to just running the operating system. It's a large amount, yes, but again; even 1GB is more than I had before. Vista is confusing and a little annoying to me, but I don't really need to know how crappy it is. Just let me enjoy my new laptop.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
So how's it going so far with vista firus?
My grandpa just got a new 16" laptop (vista) and a free printer on the side. He's lucky:(

So how have ur Christmas' day's been so far?

Woo page 400, we have more pages than the (dead) All Stars, with no total spam:bee:

M.K

Level 55
It does have 2 gigs of RAM. It doesn't matter how many gigs it takes to run Vista, some of the RAM always has to go to just running the operating system. It's a large amount, yes, but again; even 1GB is more than I had before. Vista is confusing and a little annoying to me, but I don't really need to know how crappy it is. Just let me enjoy my new laptop.
YES QFT.
I've had nothing but GOOD come out of Vista, and if something bad happens, I'll let you know -_____-

Darkslash

Smash Master
The only bad i get out of vista is the fact that its a RAM hogger. But then again the games i mostly play on the PC are low end so no biggie. Plus Vista Paint>>>>>XP paint.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So how's it going so far with vista firus?
Pretty good...still annoyed at the taskbar, but I suppose it's not entirely annoying. In the end, I think I'll get used to it -- it'll just take some time. I'm sure XP took time, too (I just can't remember it, it was so long ago). It's better than any sort of Mac any day, anyways, so...yeah.

Yes. I hate Macs. They're supposed to be simple, but they're entirely annoying, confusing, and...they make me want to shoot things.

No wait, now the taskbar is really annoying me. I can only see two programs at once, and that I can't handle. I want to be able to see everything I have open at once. This better not be a mandatory setting...

Ooh, fixed it! I managed to unlock it and then I was able to drag the confining space.

Lol Cynthia is a monster now. 62 Garchomp makes me wow.
Lolwut? Wasn't Garchomp 66 in D/P?

YES QFT.
I've had nothing but GOOD come out of Vista, and if something bad happens, I'll let you know -_____-
Awesome, that's encouraging. Honestly, I'm inclined to believe that Vista got as much crap as it did because it has some annoying features (like every OS doesn't), and they didn't feel like taking the time to get used to it. That's my guess.

Plus Vista Paint>>>>>XP paint.
I actually sorta miss the old Paint...but the Zoom is MUCH nicer in Vista (Sliding Zoom selector instead of just five levels of zooming? Win much?). The colors, I'm debating on whether I prefer them or not. They're less blinding but they're also not the same Paint colors that I've had FOREVER.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
You try running a game like Everquest on a Vista, or Supreme Commander, you'll crash your system. Vusta is really only for basic processing, it can't process all that you need for SupCom (Which is a LOT! The AI is incredibly smart in that game, and it takes up one of my duel core processors just for AI cycles, but boy, that AI is so incredibly smart you would not believe.)

Also you can't hack system files on Vista like you can on XP, which I've done. Doing a big project to convert XP from BASIC and C++ to Python, which will triple data processing and require less resources, the problem is I'm having a tough time getting the OS to run with both cores, and the CPU fan doesn't operate sometimes, and the case fan doesn't work at all. Other then that though it works great. (Can only keep my comp on for like 5 mins though under the python setting until I fix those glitches, otherwise processor goes boom.

M.K

Level 55
You try running a game like Everquest on a Vista, or Supreme Commander, you'll crash your system. Vusta is really only for basic processing, it can't process all that you need for SupCom (Which is a LOT! The AI is incredibly smart in that game, and it takes up one of my duel core processors just for AI cycles, but boy, that AI is so incredibly smart you would not believe.)

Also you can't hack system files on Vista like you can on XP, which I've done. Doing a big project to convert XP from BASIC and C++ to Python, which will triple data processing and require less resources, the problem is I'm having a tough time getting the OS to run with both cores, and the CPU fan doesn't operate sometimes, and the case fan doesn't work at all. Other then that though it works great. (Can only keep my comp on for like 5 mins though under the python setting until I fix those glitches, otherwise processor goes boom.
I don't mean to be rude but, I would be pretty bummed if I got a gift that I felt was heartfelt just to have it bashed by people who's opinions might not correlate to MY experiences with the gift.
In other words, leave Firus alone. Vista is a fine program, and he has every right to enjoy his present without people telling him how much it sucks. :mad:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I don't mean to be rude but, I would be pretty bummed if I got a gift that I felt was heartfelt just to have it bashed by people who's opinions might not correlate to MY experiences with the gift.
In other words, leave Firus alone. Vista is a fine program, and he has every right to enjoy his present without people telling him how much it sucks. :mad:
and thats why i stopped. im sorry i started this :(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This would matter if I played games on my laptop/PC. But I don't. I'd much rather do so on consoles. Even if I had whatever OS is best for gaming, I'd still need more RAM to effectively game. A lot of people are excited to get Mirror's Edge for PC, but the whole appeal is speed (for most people, anyways) so if it lags enough then the appeal slips away. I've always been a console guy, and I always will be. The extra money for gaming on the computer isn't worth it to me. And consoles have widely superior games anyways. (The first person to bring up ROMs as an argument gets virtually slugged.)

Even if I did want to game on my computer, this is my laptop we're talking about. My desktop still has XP. (Boy, that's gonna be confusing.)

The concept that they're all over-protective of files and everything irks me, but it doesn't really affect me. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that myself, and never have with XP.

Thanks, MK. I know you guys are expressing opinions and whatnot but...I'm aware of Vista's flaws, I've heard lots of crap about it, but I'll deal with those problems if/when I encounter them. Even if I did find Vista to be crappy (which thus far, it's merely a bit different and confusing), I still probably wouldn't find it as irksome as I do using a Mac. Suum cuique.

and thats why i stopped. im sorry i started this :(
It's fine, I know how overwhelming urges can be to flame things you dislike. I myself succumb to it...just about any time I see Super Metroid insulted or Super Mario Galaxy praised. Or the Wii, or 90% of its games praised.

And wow. I was flipping channels and stopped on one channel to see what was on, thinking it was a commercial. Yeah, I've been half-watching an infomercial for some juicer for the past half hour.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Vista= COOL!

I hate vista bashing. It's really annoying when people bash something I choose to get. I understand vista isn't amazing and a bit confusing but it's still pretty good.

Firus, what type of laptop did you get?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
I used to be a bit of a Vista basher. But now it's alright.

Plus i hate it when the Wii gets bashed. YES i know it has bad games...buts its only been out for 2 years and is relativity "new" in some sense, plus Firus is there any other reason why you hate Galaxy apart for the music? To be honest some of it isn't video game music, but its good music on its own right.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I used to be a bit of a Vista basher. But now it's alright.

Plus i hate it when the Wii gets bashed. YES i know it has bad games...buts its only been out for 2 years and is relativity "new" in some sense, plus Firus is there any other reason why you hate Galaxy apart for the music? To be honest some of it isn't video game music, but its good music on its own right.
Wait-- Firus hates Galaxy? Because of the music...?

I understand if you aren't a fan of orchestral music or that you don't think it should be in a video game, but really. Do you hate Melee because it had orchestral music, too? The gameplay was great, graphics were good (by Wii standards, at least), and most of the bosses were top-tier cool (Bouldergiest).

Top Bottom