• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Wrath`

Smash Master

Lucachu!
Completely scratched. Lucario was hard to work with.
Spire... please don't do anything stupid.... like making a super awesome sprite that will drown out all others...:laugh:
I want to see this fight Longchu in an epic battle of limbs.

@firus, I took the pic down, lol just finding some celabrotory cake.:psycho:

So Bowser what did you get for you bday?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I present to you all, my newest sprite project..

I am to create a number of "living-fossil" Pokemon, based off of our world's few known species to have survived for millions of years (Relicanth is based off of the fossil-fish, Coelacanth). With that said, I present to you my first Living-Fossil Pokemon, based off of the Mantis Shrimp:

Tomapod

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Spire, that looks EPIC. The Mantis Shrimp is cool-looking already, and is a cool concept, and you managed to convert it really well into sprite form. It feels really unique, yet at the same time like it could really be a Pokemon (aside from the fact that, when inserted into a Pokemon game, the cartridge would implode from its awesomeness).

Seriously, getting a sprite from you is awesome -- it doesn't happen all that often usually, but when it does, it always surprises you with how awesome and creative it is.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heh, Firus, Maxfire is at it again....
Yup.

In case anyone here has not seen it yet, go to the User Blogs section and...you know what, just click on any thread created by "MaxfireXSA". Treat yourself to some laughs. (At the moment, the 6th survey is pretty funny.)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well, my B-Day was yesterday and I didn't make a spectacle of it. I did City Folk, though. I was too buisy with Guitar hero to start a file up.

Glad to see the shops revived.
Funny how my meighbours birthday was also yesterday :p

@spire

Tomapod looks awesome.

-:bowser:Bowser King

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I LOVE mantis shrimp, speaking of living fossils could you give relivsnth an evolution?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
mewter you are the hero of this shop. that is so epic that what i thought was my never changing avatar.....is about to change ^_^ thank you so much.

Spire, your sprite is also incredibly epic. your work never ceases to amaze. and happy birthday BK!

EDIT: can you recolor the background so it fits as an avi?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't know how I missed this, but

It's got great idea and concept to it, but it seem less epic then the other scratch sprites like the bambo one and the diamon onix, I think it is just the style of the sprite doesn't quite match that of your previous ones. All in all cool tho.

<<<REQUEST>>>
Magikarp with 4 or more eyes, whatever number looks best/epic

Mewter

Smash Master
I don't know how I missed this, but

It's got great idea and concept to it, but it seem less epic then the other scratch sprites like the bambo one and the diamon onix, I think it is just the style of the sprite doesn't quite match that of your previous ones. All in all cool tho.

<<REQUEST!!!!>>
Magikarp with 4 or more eyes, whatever number looks best/epic
Hmmm... I think adding exclamation marks after request makes it more difficult to search for...:laugh:
And Spire, it's not as epic, but I like it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, actually Koarin, the whole point of the system is so I can hit Ctrl+F and just type in "<<<Request>>>" and find all of the requests...if it doesn't match that, then it doesn't work.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ummm.. Platypus... theres a hope "." in your <<<REQUEST>>.>
Just thought I'd let you know.
You did that on purpose, though, right? :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well good, good. It didn't come off epic. While I won't shoot down "epic" compliments, I honestly wanted it to be a bit more passive, as it is the first in a series of sprites.

It's a bizarre one, at that, and strangely enough, it doesn't feel like a Pokemon to me. Perhaps I will rework the design later on.

I applaud your moveset, Platypus. I can't decide on its type though. Water/Bug? Water/Fighting? Bug/Fighting? Dark/Bug? They would all go with it. I see the Mantis Shrimp to be a demon of a creature, as it lives to smash things (hence why I gave it hammer-arms).

Hobobloke

Atemon Game

Lucachu!
Completely scratched. Lucario was hard to work with.
wow completely scratched, how long did it take?

I present to you all, my newest sprite project..

I am to create a number of "living-fossil" Pokemon, based off of our world's few known species to have survived for millions of years (Relicanth is based off of the fossil-fish, Coelacanth). With that said, I present to you my first Living-Fossil Pokemon, based off of the Mantis Shrimp:

Tomapod

I think it's amazing how you can just completely scratch a sprite of something and it looks so **** good. Tomapod feels like a water/bug to me, and i look forward to seeing new "living-Fossil" Pokemon.

Introducing: Cyndanaut!

I think I tried about 5 approaches to this sprite. I hope it turned out ok!
it looks really cute *hopes I didn't just lose all manlyness*

The shop is so much busier now its re-opened, yay.

M.K

Level 55
I think it looks nice.

And since I'm bored

<<<REQUEST>>>
Wobuffet + Magikarp

It was taken down so I want it back up.

It was already done Xace.

Introducing: Metpasszor!

A Steel-Type Tri-Fusion of Metang, Scizor, and Probopass.
The only color that seemed appropriate for the mustache was the yellow from the spots on Scizor. Any suggestions for other colors before I submit it for a contest?

A_man13

Smash Master
You've guys finally picked up the tempo, eh? I guess I'll be checking here quite some bit untill I get ungrounded from video games (the one I got after my mom having an episode).

M.K

Level 55
<<<REQUEST>>>

Poliwhirl + Butterfree
Claiming. Sounds really, really fun!

Regarding Metpasszor, I believe that the 'stache should be orange, along with bright, cyan pupils. The eyes are not distinct enough as is.

Or did you mean to use only the three monsters' colors?
I can use only the colors of Probopass, Scizor, and Metang.
I already tried Metang Blue and it didn't look good, neither does Scizor Abdomen Grey...
The only other color was the yellow :/ Which is Scizor's pupils and shoulder dots.

Wrath`

Smash Master

It was already done Xace.

Introducing: Metpasszor!

A Steel-Type Tri-Fusion of Metang, Scizor, and Probopass.
The only color that seemed appropriate for the mustache was the yellow from the spots on Scizor. Any suggestions for other colors before I submit it for a contest?
Dude, this is what nosepass shoulda evolved into., I think the stache color fits nicley with the overall color scheeme

M.K

Level 55
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I went ahead and turned it in. I didn't ignore the people who DID offer color changes, but I still believe that the original was better.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Can't quote on my phone very well:(, well anyway, that probopass looks amazing very fitting too:) good job

Mewter

Smash Master
Hey, I just noticed something.
The last two requests used different arrows.... we need consistency.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
><>ReQEUZT>><

I want a Jigglypuff with a Captain Falcon helmet. 75x75 pixels please. I would like this to be my new avatar.

Top Bottom