• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
skyler could not have taken the time to do that

butterwhirl looks cool and odd at the same time, good job

Mewter

Smash Master
I've finally thought of a request for my triumphant return.

<<<Request>>>

Gay Tyranitar.

"What does Zook mean by 'gay?'" you ask yourself? I mean femme-homosexual. How will you do that? Maybe edit his head spikes? Give him a tight, pink tanktop? Edit his hands so he screams "Heeeeeeeeeey!" Something else? The choice is yours to make.
Uuuummm.... no.
That's discriminatory.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Uuuummm.... no.
That's discriminatory.
I actually found it funny, and I'm bisexual.

Seriously guys, we're not like black people. We don't get upset if we hear the word 'fried chicken' anywhere within ear shot.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How to play Brawl like a man: Put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Then, beat the living **** out of it with a bat.

Once you're done with this, play Melee for 10 minutes. Then go set Brawl on fire and beat the living **** out of it with a bat a little bit more. Then dump it in a river and go back to playing Melee forever.

[/Melee eliticism]

I've finally thought of a request for my triumphant return.

<<<Request>>>

Highly-Effeminate but still Male Tyranitar.
Hehe. Totally claimed.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Guys...hm. This isn't entirely working. Some people are putting two of the symbols, some are putting them the opposite way...I won't penalize anyone for doing so, because I know it's not their fault. But hm...anyone got any suggestions for symbols I can do instead that don't go both ways?
Don't even think about it.

Maybe the '@' sign? Or a '%' sign? Maybe an '&'? Or maybe '*'s. I don't know, you guys be the judge.

Koarin, I got your request, just haven't updated the list yet.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I say either a <Request> or "Request". I'ld rather not use a * because I might need it for when I need to take out my anger on something. >_>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*request*
simple, only one * so there will be no confusion over how many.
I agree on the number, for sure. It's easy to look at it quickly and see two instead of three, or vice versa. But I disagree on the asterisk...I know I suggested it myself, but asterisks are rather common. It'll look weird, but I don't know...%Request% is unlikely to be repeated at any other point. Or @Request@. Something to that effect.

!REQUEST!
Hm...that's not bad. I'll wait for some more opinions.

Well I say either a <Request> or "Request". I'ld rather not use a * because I might need it for when I need to take out my anger on something. >_>
Well, that's what I was just saying. Nothing that can be backwards or forwards, like the greater/less than signs, back/forward slashes, parentheses...that kind of thing. I just don't want anything that can be potentially mixed up.

"Request" isn't bad, but it's kind of the same thing as asterisks. Quotation marks are more common, so they may occur out of place. Now, either way, it's still easier than skimming posts, but while we're changing it, might as well go all the way rather than settling.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm, |Request| isn't a bad idea. The only question is, does everyone know how to make a '|'?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I actually don't know =/

Even if we did use that, we'd need to show how to do it on the OP. Newcomers would get pretty confused on how to request IMO.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Out of those two, I'm thinking ~ works best. | is very distinguishable but it's not an entirely useful character so it isn't surprising that you, BK, or anyone else doesn't/didn't know how to do it. And if someone has to come in and ask, or we have to clutter the OP with an explanation, every time a new requester comes, it might not be worth it.

Jigglyppuff, I'm confused by what you're saying...are you saying that as a request system, or just as a starting requester system? If you're just saying it as a starting requester system, that's actually INGENIOUS. We do need a system to make sure people are reading the rules. Unless anyone objects, I'm all for it. Maybe we could have a list of 'Accepted Requesters'? Or does that seem too close-minded and mean? I know that when it comes down to it, it's REALLY a good idea and only fair so that we don't get uninformed requesters. On the other hand, on the surface it seems mean to have a list of people that are able to request. Opinions?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
True, we could just put another word in the post altogether...a made-up one. Then that eliminates the issue.

Hm...suggestions?

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Guys...hm. This isn't entirely working. Some people are putting two of the symbols, some are putting them the opposite way...I won't penalize anyone for doing so, because I know it's not their fault. But hm...anyone got any suggestions for symbols I can do instead that don't go both ways?
Don't even think about it.

Maybe the '@' sign? Or a '%' sign? Maybe an '&'? Or maybe '*'s. I don't know, you guys be the judge.

Koarin, I got your request, just haven't updated the list yet.
Hmm...i didnt realize this was such a big deal....I assumed that you just look for the word REQUEST in the post and assume that's a request....

if anything, how about =REQUEST= ?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well as long as you see the word Request in a post and it looks fancy ([Request], |Request|, etc.) it should be good.

And Waza, I love your sig. WOMBO COMBO!!!!!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
looks like we have a request issue?

so why don't we have a vote?
[request] maybe or/request/ those are my ideas

M.K

Level 55
It has to be something that can easily be typed into the CTRL + F (FIND) Box.

Something like:

=Request=

or

;request;

No shifting needed!

M.K

Level 55
When you are in a hurry it is :/

Does my new avatar look good? It's a Dark Chao from Sonic Adventure 2/Battle/DX.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
><>ReQEUZT>><

I want a Jigglypuff with a Captain Falcon helmet. 75x75 pixels please. I would like this to be my new avatar.
I'm not sure if anybody has claimed this and I checked the pending list and this wasn't on there. I apologize if this has already been claimed, but I don't believe it has.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
When you are in a hurry it is :/

Does my new avatar look good? It's a Dark Chao from Sonic Adventure 2/Battle/DX.
That looks pretty great MK, Only thing I'd suggest is either make it a devil chaos chao, or a Dark metal sonic Chao, those are always fun XD.

Seriously its great though.

I'll be having a request as soon as I draw the picture, and when its done in sprite form, it'll either go in my signature, OR, be at the bottom of my posts like BK.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Well as long as you see the word Request in a post and it looks fancy ([Request], |Request|, etc.) it should be good.

And Waza, I love your sig. WOMBO COMBO!!!!!
haha yeah, that sig is becoming quite popular.... :chuckle:

If we're having a vote, mine is for =Request= (its simple, and no shifting! :D)

also, aside from this "request" issue, has anyone looked into making my request? (mecha version of scyther)

Top Bottom